PDA

View Full Version : LFN: Around the Patriot League 10/7/07

Lehigh Football Nation
October 9th, 2007, 04:22 PM
An interesting week around the Patriot League, where the rest of the League basically made this Lehigh fan very, very nervous.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Note: no mention of PFL schools :D

Fordham
October 9th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Great work as usual LFN.

A few things:

*Going to be very interesting to see Lafayette v. Harvard, given the common PL opponents thus far in the season. After hearing how well their lines did v. Columbia, I'm really expecting a huge challenge for Fordham next week. The Albany game showed us susceptible to a big, bruising Oline and Hefner's guys are always the biggest and 'brusy-est' it seems. Add in how we'll likely be in wide-eyed wonder from the amazing facilities and it's gonna be a tough one for our young Rams.

*Expect a battle this week with our rivals in DC. This game is always close. Throw in that we're playing after two huge wins and with the pre-season pick to win the PL up next week and it's going to be a really interesting challenge to see if our young team can show enough maturity to bring their A game. It also sounds like G-town is playing a ton of younguns and if we come out flat, guys like that can gain confidence in a hurry. I just want the win, in any way and any fashion, this week.

*I really hope that Yale's confidence is their downfall this week. Obviously no bigger Lehigh (and Colgate) fans the rest of the season than us Fordham fans.

*Those stats from Randolph are just amazing. His only competition for PL Offensive POY right now seems to be from Scott, who's stat line was equally tremendous. For HC fans - what's up with giving up all of those 2nd half points and letting them back in it after being up 31-10, though?

hc12
October 9th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Great work as usual LFN.

A few things:

*Going to be very interesting to see Lafayette v. Harvard, given the common PL opponents thus far in the season. After hearing how well their lines did v. Columbia, I'm really expecting a huge challenge for Fordham next week. The Albany game showed us susceptible to a big, bruising Oline and Hefner's guys are always the biggest and 'brusy-est' it seems. Add in how we'll likely be in wide-eyed wonder from the amazing facilities and it's gonna be a tough one for our young Rams.

*Expect a battle this week with our rivals in DC. This game is always close. Throw in that we're playing after two huge wins and with the pre-season pick to win the PL up next week and it's going to be a really interesting challenge to see if our young team can show enough maturity to bring their A game. It also sounds like G-town is playing a ton of younguns and if we come out flat, guys like that can gain confidence in a hurry. I just want the win, in any way and any fashion, this week.

*I really hope that Yale's confidence is their downfall this week. Obviously no bigger Lehigh (and Colgate) fans the rest of the season than us Fordham fans.

*Those stats from Randolph are just amazing. His only competition for PL Offensive POY right now seems to be from Scott, who's stat line was equally tremendous. For HC fans - what's up with giving up all of those 2nd half points and letting them back in it after being up 31-10, though?

2 d linemen hurt in the first 2 qtrs..3 freshmen gettimg a ton of pt. . plus you got to blitz a team that likes to air it out! the heat was a factor with very few fresh bodies. Gilmore seems to like the bend not break defense.DB's can run with receivers only for so long when there is no pressure up front.The freshman are going to grow up fast in the next couple of games.Great win Rams. Go HC