View Full Version : FCS - Making Grade with BCA

TexasTerror
October 9th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Did your school make the grade?
------------------
BCA releases fourth report card
October 09, 2007
The NCAA News

A total of 11 A’s and 10 F’s were awarded to Division I Football Bowl Subdivision and Football Championship Subdivision schools as part of the Black Coaches and Administrators fourth Hiring Report Card released today.

It is the highest number of F’s awarded in the four-year history of the report. However, twice the number of schools (four) earned perfect scores this year than last.

Thirty-three schools (21 FBS and 12 FCS) were included in the study. Nine FBS institutions received A’s and four earned F’s, while two FCS institutions were awarded A’s and six received F’s. Two institutions automatically earned failing grades because they did not return any of the requested data.

Austin Peay State University -- B
Georgia Southern University -- F
Idaho State University -- F
Jacksonville University -- F
Montana State University --F
Portland State University -- A
Sacramento State University -- D
Samford University -- C
Stephen F. Austin State University -- B
Tennessee Tech University -- A
Texas State (San Marcos) University -- F
University of San Diego -- F

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/!ut/p/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLN4g3NPUESYGYxqb6kW hCjhgihqYeCDFfj_zcVH1v_QD9gtzQ0IhyR0UAE3AuRw!!/delta/base64xml/L3dJdyEvUUd3QndNQSEvNElVRS82XzBfMTVL?WCM_GLOBAL_CO NTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/NCAA/NCAA+News/NCAA+News+Online/2007/Association-Updates/BCA+releases+fourth+report+card+-+10-09-07+update

Shockerman
October 9th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I cannot stand PC and this whole thing is a sham. Who cares if all of your coaches are black or if all of them are White. I understand they are trying to create awareness of the lack of Black coaches in the college ranks, which is good, but this is ridiculous. If this group ever influences a college to pick a Black candidate over a white candidate soley based on race in order to keep the status quo happy, isn't that considered racism at its finest? It is sort of like the rule in the NFL were you have to at least interview so many minority coaches for any given position. Half of the time they know who their man is and they only interview someone to please the powers that be, what a joke.

USDFAN_55
October 9th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Did your school make the grade?
------------------
BCA releases fourth report card
October 09, 2007
The NCAA News

A total of 11 A’s and 10 F’s were awarded to Division I Football Bowl Subdivision and Football Championship Subdivision schools as part of the Black Coaches and Administrators fourth Hiring Report Card released today.

It is the highest number of F’s awarded in the four-year history of the report. However, twice the number of schools (four) earned perfect scores this year than last.

Thirty-three schools (21 FBS and 12 FCS) were included in the study. Nine FBS institutions received A’s and four earned F’s, while two FCS institutions were awarded A’s and six received F’s. Two institutions automatically earned failing grades because they did not return any of the requested data.

Austin Peay State University -- B
Georgia Southern University -- F
Idaho State University -- F
Jacksonville University -- F
Montana State University --F
Portland State University -- A
Sacramento State University -- D
Samford University -- C
Stephen F. Austin State University -- B
Texas State (San Marcos) University -- F
University of San Diego -- F

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/!ut/p/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLN4g3NPUESYGYxqb6kW hCjhgihqYeCDFfj_zcVH1v_QD9gtzQ0IhyR0UAE3AuRw!!/delta/base64xml/L3dJdyEvUUd3QndNQSEvNElVRS82XzBfMTVL?WCM_GLOBAL_CO NTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/NCAA/NCAA+News/NCAA+News+Online/2007/Association-Updates/BCA+releases+fourth+report+card+-+10-09-07+update

This is the most rediculous thing I have read.

USDFAN_55
October 9th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I cannot stand PC and this whole thing is a sham. Who cares if all of your coaches are black or if all of them are White. I understand they are trying to create awareness of the lack of Black coaches in the college ranks, which is good, but this is ridiculous. If this group ever influences a college to pick a Black candidate over a white candidate soley based on race in order to keep the status quo happy, isn't that considered racism at its finest? It is sort of like the rule in the NFL were you have to at least interview so many minority coaches for any given position. Half of the time they know who their man is and they only interview someone to please the powers that be, what a joke.

I think they call that Affirmative Actionxthumbsupx

Golden Eagle
October 9th, 2007, 05:24 PM

Very nice. We also got some sort of award earlier this year for women's sports opportunity or something like that.

aust42
October 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM
What a joke.

TexasTerror
October 9th, 2007, 06:42 PM
This BCA report is a bit misleading...schools that refuse to participate get an 'F' regardless of if they would've met the standards of the BCA...

Great job, GA Southern...I like the attitude!

Georgia Southern, which hired Chris Hatcher from Valdosta State, was one of two schools that chose not to participate in the process. The year before, when it hired Brian VanGorder, GSU also declined to work with the BCA.

GSU athletics director Sam Baker said he objected to the tone of the correspondence from the BCA.

"We just decided that after reading the questionnaire and the tone that it set with our institution, that we were not going to participate," Baker said. "That is our prerogative and we sent them a letter to that effect. So they gave us an F. That is their prerogative."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2007/10/09/1011_bca.html