PDA

View Full Version : Video: 28-second, 77 yard game winning drive vs. UR

TigerFan17
October 8th, 2007, 02:38 PM
The brilliantly engineered drive by the man himself, Sean Schaefer. Shows some serious arm strength on the third pass.

:D

Game Winning Drive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQk04xEqQRk)

Full Game Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAeEyMnutC0)

mcveyrl
October 8th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Holy Deuce!!!

That was incredible.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 8th, 2007, 04:34 PM
What a drive! Money!

Ivytalk
October 8th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Great video! Towson was my "winner of the week"!xthumbsupx

Umass74
October 8th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Wow! I especially liked that Towson receiver making sure that he got out of bounds on the second or third pass.

I watched multi-million dollar NFL receivers run nine yard routs or try to turn upfield and run out the clock a number of times this Sunday.

Nice work by the whole tiger offense.xthumbsupx

Mountain Panther
October 8th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Great video.....are the stands always that empty for close games? xconfusedx

Tod
October 8th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Very nice! Congrats on the win. xthumbsupx

blackfordpu
October 8th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Nice, smart drive. That is a very well coached team.

TigerFan17
October 9th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Great video.....are the stands always that empty for close games? xconfusedx

We just went down by 4, which means field goal doesnt win it with 28 seconds left to play. And the offense up until that moment has been stagnant this year. Everyone pretty much just said...welp, this ones over. Also, that is the smaller visitor side. The home side, as you can see at the end of the vid, is still packed.

Also, everyone had pretty much given up on our season. A lot of hype, and we fell way, way short. Remember, Towson is just now getting back into scholarship football after nearly dropping the program. This is our first full-scholarship season of I-AA football.

spelunker64
October 9th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Nice, smart drive. That is a very well coached team.

Remind you of anything...:D

Great Video, Where's the fans though:(

TigerFan17
October 9th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Great Video, Where's the fans though:(

See above post.

89Hen
October 9th, 2007, 12:39 PM
xeekx xbowx And TWO timeouts remaining. xeyebrowx

spelunker64
October 9th, 2007, 12:41 PM
See above post.

Saw that after I posted, what do you average per game?

TigerFan17
October 9th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Saw that after I posted, what do you average per game?

Every year over the last 3 it has gone up dramatically. We are currently averaging 8k a game. Capacity is 11.5k

89Hen
October 9th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Every year over the last 3 it has gone up dramatically. We are currently averaging 8k a game. Capacity is 11.5k
When did you start playing Delaware again? xsmiley_wix

TigerFan17
October 9th, 2007, 12:51 PM
When did you start playing Delaware again? xsmiley_wix

No doubt that helps. But what you don't know is that by helping to raise our attendance, you're helping us recruit. And we're going after the same kids! Jokes on you! :p

89Hen
October 9th, 2007, 01:07 PM
No doubt that helps. But what you don't know is that by helping to raise our attendance, you're helping us recruit. And we're going after the same kids! Jokes on you! :p
We've actually petitioned the CAA to play all conference games at home that way we only have to go to schools like Navy and Maryland. xsmiley_wix

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 9th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Once again....

Prevent (or prevent-type defenses) only PREVENTS you from winning....

With that said....Still difficult to go 77 in 28....Nice drive..I'm impressed xnodx

TigerFan17
October 9th, 2007, 03:17 PM
We've actually petitioned the CAA to play all conference games at home that way we only have to go to schools like Navy and Maryland. xsmiley_wix

I read that report. But the CAA turned it down saying quote,

"Schools like Towson have many more TV games than UD, so the CAA would lose all of that exposure. Furthermore, UD facilities stopped being cutting edge a short time after the Civil War."

:D

BDKJMU
October 10th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Remember, Towson is just now getting back into scholarship football after nearly dropping the program. This is our first full-scholarship season of I-AA football.

You mean 1st at a full 63? Towson has been in the CAA/A-10 since 04'? or is it earlier than that?. And CAA teams are allowed the full 63 schollies.

So what has Towson been at the last couple of seasons? In the 50s schollie wise?

SirApp
October 10th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Very nice drive. That cheerleader was struggling with that big flag.... xnodx

andy7171
October 10th, 2007, 06:51 AM
You mean 1st at a full 63? Towson has been in the CAA/A-10 since 04'? or is it earlier than that?. And CAA teams are allowed the full 63 schollies.

So what has Towson been at the last couple of seasons? In the 50s schollie wise?

When Towson moved up to I-AA from D.II in 1988 we never really increased scholarships and stayed around 33 through 1994. In 1995 the school stopped offering scholarships for football. We played mostly NEC and a couple PFL teams. The school then decided to join the Patriot League in 1997. Still unofficially non-scholarship. In 2003 we got a new AD who got us back on track and into the A-10 for the '04 season. We increased scholarships each year with this being the first at 63.

I think that CSN should film the TV games from the visitor side. The home side has been packed. The visitor side only fills up for Delaware and MorganState games. Although there was a nice crowd over there for the Central Conn game.

TigerFan17
October 10th, 2007, 11:38 PM
When Towson moved up to I-AA from D.II in 1988 we never really increased scholarships and stayed around 33 through 1994. In 1995 the school stopped offering scholarships for football. We played mostly NEC and a couple PFL teams. The school then decided to join the Patriot League in 1997. Still unofficially non-scholarship. In 2003 we got a new AD who got us back on track and into the A-10 for the '04 season. We increased scholarships each year with this being the first at 63.

I think that CSN should film the TV games from the visitor side. The home side has been packed. The visitor side only fills up for Delaware and MorganState games. Although there was a nice crowd over there for the Central Conn game.

Yah, per the TV coverage I agree 100%. Games would look a lot more respectable, and you don't even get to see the student section or really any of the TU fans. It looks like 18 people shows up and 17 are there for the visitors. I guess it comes down to how the facility is set up for video?? xconfusedx

TigerFan17
October 10th, 2007, 11:40 PM

Andy pretty much answered it for you. The reason why it is not done instantly is because going from non-scholly to 63 schollies in one season would be a huge spike in $$ needed for the program, so the scholarships are phased in over a 4 year period.

MaximumBobcat
October 10th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Good playcalling and smart receivers, nice drive!!!

BDKJMU
October 11th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Andy pretty much answered it for you. The reason why it is not done instantly is because going from non-scholly to 63 schollies in one season would be a huge spike in $$ needed for the program, so the scholarships are phased in over a 4 year period.

I think the max you can give out in a yr, at least I remember reading for I-A, is 24. If its the same for I-AA, then the fastest you could go from 0 to 63 would be 3 yrs. Unless you were bringing in a *****load of JUCO and IA transfers, 4 makes sense to keep the classes more even.

TigerFan17
October 11th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I think the max you can give out in a yr, at least I remember reading for I-A, is 24. If its the same for I-AA, then the fastest you could go from 0 to 63 would be 3 yrs. Unless you were bringing in a *****load of JUCO and IA transfers, 4 makes sense to keep the classes more even.

I belive the rule is 24. I'm pretty sure what we did is add 24 the first year of scholarship ball and then 13 each year over the next 3 years, culminating in this year. The depth won't really be there until about 2 more seasons, after we've cycled in higher touted recruits and most players will be under scholarship. Most of our quality depth players are Freshman or Frosh.

YoUDeeMan
October 11th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Wow! I especially liked that Towson receiver making sure that he got out of bounds on the second or third pass.

I watched multi-million dollar NFL receivers run nine yard routs or try to turn upfield and run out the clock a number of times this Sunday.

Nice work by the whole tiger offense.xthumbsupx

On the other hand, #18 for Richmond was just plain silly for letting that receiver get to the outside on the second pass, especially since he had inside help. Different ending if he just forces the WR inside.

andy7171
October 11th, 2007, 01:14 PM
On the other hand, #18 for Richmond was just plain silly for letting that receiver get to the outside on the second pass, especially since he had inside help. Different ending if he just forces the WR inside.

Maybe, but we still had 2 timeouts.