PDA

View Full Version : keep picking Wofford to lose

terrierbob
October 8th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I wrote a sports columnist from the Columbia State last night (Patrick Obley) and asked him to please keep picking Wofford to lose. He picked against us vs. App. FU, and El Cid. He has a pretty good sense of humor. Here's his response:

"I'm really having fun doing that. I've been asked by quite a few Wofford fans to keep picking against the Terriers. Picking against them these past few weeks has had more to do with how tough it is to win on the road in the SoCon than anything else. Also, when you consider Wofford has had to play so many good teams consecutively, it has to be difficult for any team to maintain its composure.

This latest win at The Citadel, in my opinion, was the best win of the season for the Terriers.

Tell everyone I plan to pick Gardner-Webb this week. I'm going to ask Mike Ayers about that Tuesday morning".

Thanks for writing in,
PO

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I was in Spartanburg recently! Met a Wofford fan at the realtor's office!

appstate38
October 8th, 2007, 10:01 AM
We are just hoping you guys stub your toe.... Just once! But you have earned everything you have gotten so far..... Nice work!

Appdad
October 8th, 2007, 10:10 AM
We are just hoping you guys stub your toe.... Just once! But you have earned everything you have gotten so far..... Nice work!

DITTO!

Appdad
October 8th, 2007, 10:12 AM
This latest win at The Citadel, in my opinion, was the best win of the season for the Terriers.

PO

Tbob,

The best win for you was the App win. It set the table for your conference season.

OL FU
October 8th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I was in Spartanburg recently! Met a Wofford fan at the realtor's office!

xeyebrowx You moving to Sparkle Cityxeyebrowx

Eyes of Old Main
October 8th, 2007, 10:22 AM
We are just hoping you guys stub your toe.... Just once!

Just one toe stub just ties us and still gives us the autobid on the tiebreaker. But, it would probably ensure that any rematch between us would be played in Boone.

terrierbob
October 8th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Tbob,

The best win for you was the App win. It set the table for your conference season.

In terms of that, and your ranking, I agree. The Citadel game was impressive to me because we were flat for three quarters and won. And the D was great. Thanks for the kudos. (LIke I was on the field xlolx )

walliver
October 8th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Tbob,

The best win is always the next one.

asu70
October 8th, 2007, 11:05 AM

Ditto!