PDA

View Full Version : SIU @ UNI....the UNDEFEATED BOWL.

unigriff
October 7th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Saturday will mark another chapter into the rivalry that is UNI vs. SIU. UNI is 5-0 (1-0), SIU is 6-0 (2-0).

Last year the Dawgs throttled turnover happy UNI at the Dawghouse.

Dome-Magic has had SIUs number for several years now.

2005s game featured SIU leading 24-13 with just around 14 minutes to go.
UNI scored after a fumble recovery but missed on the 2 pt conversion to inch closer to 24-19. Then on 4th and 2 from the 35 and no timeouts...UNIs QB Eric Sanders threw the long ball and an over the shoulder catch gave UNI a 25-24 lead with just around 2 minutes to go. UNIs defense held in a deafening Dome and UNI went on to win the Gateway Title.

This weeks game should be full of hard hits, big plays and super memories. Another classic at its best and may outdue the game in 2005. A sellout crowd is expected and the game is on TV for a large audience to enjoy.

SIU is coming off a huge win against YSU and UNI is coming off a bye week in which the road warrior Panthers got a chance to heal some wounds. The break was much needed.

I would expect no favorite in this game, but I'll give the Dome the nod in what should be the Game of the Year in all of FCS. (until the Nat. title game).

crunifan
October 7th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I gotta go with my Panthers in the Dome.

But this is gonna be one close, tough game.

unigriff
October 8th, 2007, 11:38 AM
124.5 hrs until kick off!!!!!!! woohoo!

KAUMASS
October 8th, 2007, 11:53 AM
This game looks close from a East Coast/CAA perspective. Both teams look like freight trains a 'comin, but I would have to go with UNI by 3 due to home field advantage. Should be a great game. Good luck to both teams as both squads look playoff bound at this point in the season.

HiHiYikas
October 8th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I voted against use of the definite article in all caps, a practice I find intolerable, but It does look like UNI is a stronger team right now.

putter
October 8th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I watched a replay of the YSU/SIU game and SIU played pretty solid after the 1st quarter and that #1 is one heck of a player.

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2007, 12:42 PM
This year is as good as any to break that DOME jinx. The Dawgs are coming to town. Let the fun begin.

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2007, 12:47 PM
(By the way...........Dawgs win this time).

Johnny5
October 8th, 2007, 12:48 PM
This is gonna be one heck of a game. But I am going with the Panthers if only because of homefield advantage.

UMass922
October 8th, 2007, 12:54 PM
UNI

birdsflyhigh
October 8th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Looking forward to the Salukis going into the UNI-dump and knocking off the Panthers. I would love to see the UNI Panther fanbase humbled. :)

Purple Reign
October 8th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Looking forward to the Salukis going into the UNI-dump and knocking off the Panthers. I would love to see the UNI Panther fanbase humbled. :)

You'd give your left N-- to have such a dump for your games and you know it. By the way, that is not an original "name" for our fabulous Dome. Some clown from Drake has used it for years. Ah, envy !!!!!!!!!

PR

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2007, 02:16 PM
He said UNI-dump.
:D

unigriff
October 8th, 2007, 02:23 PM
skinny, i saw on salukitalk you are not attending this weekends game. i sure hope you got a good radio:)

SeattleGriz
October 8th, 2007, 03:05 PM
No smack intended, but I just wasn't impressed with SIU when they came up to Missoula last year for the playoffs. The Griz shut them down way too easily.

Had to pick UNI at home.

Once again, no smack, just the information I have available.

crunifan
October 8th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well, the game is officially sold out. So it will be a wild, sold out crowd for Homecoming.

I believe the teams are essentially even, so hopefully the Dome advantage helps.

Lord knows that SIU fans know the power of Dome Magic!

DOME
October 8th, 2007, 04:17 PM
If YSU can keep Nick hill under 200yds UNI's secondary should be up to the task as well. And I know our run defense is a force to contend with. Provided nobody gets hurt I'm looking for a double digit win.

MSUBear42
October 8th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I want UNI to win so SIU isn't pissed off when we play them haha

Peems
October 8th, 2007, 10:16 PM
I believe that UNI will win by at least a TD

Mountain Panther
October 8th, 2007, 10:19 PM
The 03 and 05 contests were the best games I've ever seen in person.

UNI by 7.

PantherRob82
October 8th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Should be a scary good game. Hard to believe we would lose in this situation, but SIU is fully capable of spoiling homecoming.

Mountain Panther
October 8th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Should be a scary good game. Hard to believe we would lose in this situation, but SIU is fully capable of spoiling homecoming.

I remember WKU coming in and beating the snot out of us on Homecoming in 2002. Not a good feeling. But we did go 5-6 that year and the 'Toppers won the NC.

98chev
October 8th, 2007, 11:24 PM
UNI but it will be one heck of a game.

X-Factor
October 9th, 2007, 12:29 AM
I voted SIU but here I am going to say UNI wins! haha, this would be one heck of a game to watch. Unfortunate someone has to lose.

Dome fan
October 9th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Panthers win by less than three!

douglasdmb
October 9th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Somehow, this has been THE Gateway game to be at for the past X number of years. With the Gateway driver's seat on the line, this one will not be a disappointment.

I say UNI by no more than 10.

MSUfan2010
October 9th, 2007, 01:21 AM
I want UNI to win so SIU isn't pissed off when we play them haha

So you would want SIU, not UNI.

01pantherfan
October 9th, 2007, 04:26 AM
week off to heal up + extra week to prepare + Dome magic + sellout crowd ( even talk of McCloud Center letting people in to watch on bigscreen) = a UNI win in a tough close game.

also to any YSU fans comming to the Dome 2 weeks from Saturday there is only 1500 tickets left to the public !

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2007, 06:22 AM
skinny, i saw on salukitalk you are not attending this weekends game. i sure hope you got a good radio:)
I do.
The game is also available locally on Mediacom.
Now if I can just find a way to dodge that wedding..............

Mountain Panther
October 9th, 2007, 09:38 AM
I do.
The game is also available locally on Mediacom.
Now if I can just find a way to dodge that wedding..............

Is this an SIU grad who scheduled that wedding? xnonono2x

MSUBear42
October 9th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Is this game not on TV?

Mountain Panther
October 9th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Is this game not on TV?

It's on Mediacom throughout parts of the Midwest. Still a chance one of the Fox Sports Net channels will pick it up but I doubt it.

Panther FANatic
October 9th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Honestly all the talk on here about it being a super close game...I just don't see it. UNI should throttle SIU! SIU is amongst the Montana's of the world in the fact that they haven't played anyone except for YSU. NIU is overrated! IF Sanders is healthy UNI is going to run and pass all over SIU and the highly regarded SIU running attack will be shut down by the UNI defense. Before I hear any smack i do want to say that the GFC is by far the best conference in FCS and UNI is the best team in that conference IMHO. I guess we will see on Saturday, CAN'T WAIT!xthumbsupx

X-Factor
October 9th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Honestly all the talk on here about it being a super close game...I just don't see it. UNI should throttle SIU! SIU is amongst the Montana's of the world in the fact that they haven't played anyone except for YSU. NIU is overrated! IF Sanders is healthy UNI is going to run and pass all over SIU and the highly regarded SIU running attack will be shut down by the UNI defense. Before I hear any smack i do want to say that the GFC is by far the best conference in FCS and UNI is the best team in that conference IMHO. I guess we will see on Saturday, CAN'T WAIT!xthumbsupx

We do have a smack forum Mr. 2-Post. ;)

Mountain Panther
October 9th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Montana's of the world in the fact that they haven't played anyone

Disclaimer to AZGrizFan: Just let this one go......

I personally see our two past schedules as very similiar....Iowa State is NO BETTER than Northern Illinois, and UNI beating a good SDSU on the road is about equal to SIU beating YSU at home. SIU has played some cupcakes but we also played Minnesota state. xrolleyesx

Thought this was interesting....our only loss following a bye week since 2001 has been to......guess who?

W, 42-39 at Ball State (9/22/01)
W, 49-43 at Eastern Illinois (12/1/01)
W, 31-24 vs. Stephen F. Austin (9/21/02)
W, 38-24 at Stephen F. Austin (9/18/03)
W, 35-14 vs. Montana State (11/29/03)
L, 40-36 at Southern Illinois (10/2/04)
W, 41-24 at Western Illinois (10/1/05)
W, 38-7 vs. Missouri State (10/7/06)

appfan2008
October 9th, 2007, 12:15 PM
i have uni number one in my poll and being at home i believe they take this by 10 points

DOME
October 9th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Minn. State is no cupcake. Personally I think they should've beat us and would have if Coach hand't benched Luther.

crunifan
October 9th, 2007, 12:53 PM

Well, I see where redbird fan got his opinion on UNI fans...

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Sanders has six TD passes and four INTs this year. He might want to be careful trying to pass all over the Salukis this year. The Dawg D has 12 INTs this season, three of which were returned for TDs. They rushed for over two hundred yards and five yards a carry against a Youngstown D that was supposed to be the best in the Gateway. Do some research before you run your mouth, Homer!

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Disclaimer to AZGrizFan: Just let this one go......

I personally see our two past schedules as very similiar....Iowa State is NO BETTER than Northern Illinois, and UNI beating a good SDSU on the road is about equal to SIU beating YSU at home. SIU has played some cupcakes but we also played Minnesota state. xrolleyesx

Thought this was interesting....our only loss following a bye week since 2001 has been to......guess who?

W, 42-39 at Ball State (9/22/01)
W, 49-43 at Eastern Illinois (12/1/01)
W, 31-24 vs. Stephen F. Austin (9/21/02)
W, 38-24 at Stephen F. Austin (9/18/03)
W, 35-14 vs. Montana State (11/29/03)
L, 40-36 at Southern Illinois (10/2/04)
W, 41-24 at Western Illinois (10/1/05)
W, 38-7 vs. Missouri State (10/7/06)

It happend before. It can happen again.
xwhistlex

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2007, 01:35 PM

xlolx

Mountain Panther
October 9th, 2007, 07:19 PM
It happend before. It can happen again.
xwhistlex

Remember how loud it was in 2005? Imagine that, but louder. xsmiley_wix

unigriff
October 9th, 2007, 08:08 PM
2,000+ people louder;) hahaha...

crunifan
October 9th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I will say this, I honestly think that if UNI plays to its potential. I think UNI wins, especially with the home field advantage.

Just gotta hope that we don't make too many mistakes for SIU to capitalize on.

Reed Rothchild
October 9th, 2007, 08:40 PM

Whats wrong with what he said? Not much more than what some other UNI fans are saying.

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Remember how loud it was in 2005? Imagine that, but louder. xsmiley_wix
I don't think loud is going to be a problem. NIU games are pretty loud when they get those dumb sticks going. Montana was pretty loud last year. These kids have experience with "loud". I think they will be able to deal with it.

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2007, 10:00 PM
If we win, It will be Coach Kill's 50th win at SIU. Only two coaches have won more games here and they named the stadium after one of them.

crunifan
October 9th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Whats wrong with what he said? Not much more than what some other UNI fans are saying.

I think that there is a difference between being confident and being cocky. And I think he was being far too cocky. If you are cocky, it always comes back to haunt you.

JoeNeck90
October 9th, 2007, 11:28 PM
I don't think loud is going to be a problem. NIU games are pretty loud when they get those dumb sticks going. Montana was pretty loud last year. These kids have experience with "loud". I think they will be able to deal with it.

pretty xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx
It's louder than Death Valley.

As Donnie P. has said, you're 7 pts down when you walk into the dome. This is a tough one.

Which team has the better field goal kicker? That could be the winner.

JoeNeck90
October 9th, 2007, 11:37 PM
This year is as good as any to break that DOME jinx. The Dawgs are coming to town. Let the fun begin.

It can be done. xchinscratchx WIU has won there once, errr uh twice, oh I guess three time in their past four visits.

crunifan
October 10th, 2007, 12:02 AM
It can be done. xchinscratchx WIU has won there once, errr uh twice, oh I guess three time in their past four visits.

Yeah, for some reason we do better against WIU on the road than at home.

Fresno St. Alum
October 10th, 2007, 12:33 AM
winner of this game will be #1 in my poll next week. Right now I have UNI #1 and SIU #3

nmatsen
October 10th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Someone said that this game will be loud, it won't be. It will be deafening! (sp?) Some one said that Sanders has 4 interceptions. As someone who has watched every game this year I will tell you that Sanders has two interceptions and his Wide Outs have two plain drops that landed in the other teams hands. Two drops that were absolutely PERFECT throws. One at SDSU and one at Drake.

Panther FANatic
October 10th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I think that there is a difference between being confident and being cocky. And I think he was being far too cocky. If you are cocky, it always comes back to haunt you.

So I guess it is better to be a little ***** and say ooh I hope my team wins but they probably will barely win. Drop your nuts and stick up for your team. I'm entitled to an opinion and if we lose I guess I was wrong. I thought this is a message board for voicing OPINIONS!xbawlingx

Cap'n Cat
October 10th, 2007, 03:03 PM

'Course you would. Your team was out of it after the Drake debacle!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

xbowx xbowx xlolx xlolx xbowx xbowx xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xbowx xbowx xlolx xlolx xlolx xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

skinny_uncle
October 10th, 2007, 04:22 PM
pretty xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx
It's louder than Death Valley.

As Donnie P. has said, you're 7 pts down when you walk into the dome. This is a tough one.

Which team has the better field goal kicker? That could be the winner.
A Penguin fan made the same comment to me last week prior to the game. Maybe it's an omen.
xnodx

skinny_uncle
October 10th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Someone said that this game will be loud, it won't be. It will be deafening! (sp?) Some one said that Sanders has 4 interceptions. As someone who has watched every game this year I will tell you that Sanders has two interceptions and his Wide Outs have two plain drops that landed in the other teams hands. Two drops that were absolutely PERFECT throws. One at SDSU and one at Drake.

I think we just tired of hearing how great Sanders is. Six TD passes and four picks just does not impress a team whose QB has 14 TD passes and only one pick this year.

Ronin
October 10th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Sold out Dome and Yes, I have my ticket!

Should be one of the best games of the year.

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`) GO NORTHERN IOWA
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-
..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(il),-'' (li),' ((!.-'

douglasdmb
October 10th, 2007, 04:45 PM
When was the last time that the Dome was sold out?

skinny_uncle
October 10th, 2007, 04:47 PM
When was the last time that the Dome was sold out?

I think I read somewhere it was 1995.

Pantherpower
October 10th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I think we just tired of hearing how great Sanders is. Six TD passes and four picks just does not impress a team whose QB has 14 TD passes and only one pick this year.

14 TD passes against opposition that includes mighty Quincy, SUU, Indiana State is misleading.

Hill is a damned impressive qb, don't get me wrong, but don't even THINK about trying to convince me that Sanders isn't impressive. All the kid does is win!!

This is the point where I wish SIU entered the game with us sharing your sentiment about Sanders, but I know better.

I think you're a good member of the messageboard, Skinny, but I've got to take up for Sanders if I perceive him being called out.

Cap'n Cat
October 10th, 2007, 05:13 PM

UNI is a "team", not just one player. Besides, the UNI running game is what they're riding right now, Skip. Passing stats mean little when you can run.

And, that one-pick guy is on the road in the worst place in the conference to drop back and try to throw.

xcoffeex

Hope the Dawgs ain't travelin' by bus......

unigriff
October 10th, 2007, 05:14 PM

well shoot if i played weaving grass grove high school 5 times and YSU, i could put up those numbers too!

i mean seriously, 13 TDs for your top 2 backs. Your opponents avg. rush defense is over 200 yards a game...so of course!

and Hill is a good QB, not taking that away from him...but i can put up those numbers with the teams (besides YSU) that you played and i'm just a XC/Track runner!

If he throws for 250+ and 4 TDs saturday...then ill eat my crowed iowa corn.

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2007, 07:53 PM
vs Idaho in 1995

skinny_uncle
October 10th, 2007, 08:23 PM
UNI is a "team", not just one player. Besides, the UNI running game is what they're riding right now, Skip. Passing stats mean little when you can run.

And, that one-pick guy is on the road in the worst place in the conference to drop back and try to throw.

xcoffeex

Hope the Dawgs ain't travelin' by bus......
Rushing

SIU-240.7 yds/game
UNI-215.6 yds/game

Translation for the Cap'n: We can run too. We have six different players who are averaging five yds/carry or better and seven who have scored a rushing TD. We are still a run first team. Our offense is just a little more balanced than in years past.
As far as Hill, he got his 14 passing TDs while sitting the fourth quarter most games. Against Ark-Pine Bluff, he was sitting by halftime.

skinny_uncle
October 10th, 2007, 08:25 PM
14 TD passes against opposition that includes mighty Quincy, SUU, Indiana State is misleading.

Hill is a damned impressive qb, don't get me wrong, but don't even THINK about trying to convince me that Sanders isn't impressive. All the kid does is win!!

This is the point where I wish SIU entered the game with us sharing your sentiment about Sanders, but I know better.

I think you're a good member of the messageboard, Skinny, but I've got to take up for Sanders if I perceive him being called out.
Sanders has been a good QB for you; it just seems he is not the same this year. I was just wondering if the injury was a factor. Six TD passes used to be just a couple of games for him, not five. Is the protection the problem? I see where he has been sacked 13 times already.

JoeNeck90
October 10th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah, for some reason we do better against WIU on the road than at home.

Yep. It's an odd numbered year, too. UNI coming off a big homecoming win and WIU is not that good this year. See ya in the dome. xthumbsupx

Reed Rothchild
October 10th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Sanders has been a good QB for you; it just seems he is not the same this year. I was just wondering if the injury was a factor. Six TD passes used to be just a couple of games for him, not five. Is the protection the problem? I see where he has been sacked 13 times already.

He just got injured and has been healthy up until then. He's had a few dropped balls go into the hands of defenders but overall he's been more efficient this year. Keep in mind that UNI will always be a run first, pass second team. They will go deep if they have to but would rather control the clock on the ground.

Its never been about numbers with Sanders, its his clutch performances in big situations that have endeared him to UNI fans forever.

Reed Rothchild
October 10th, 2007, 08:42 PM
See ya in the dome. xthumbsupx

Huh? You coming to the SIU game? Otherwise we play the 'Necks in Macomb.

JoeNeck90
October 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Huh? You coming to the SIU game? Otherwise we play the 'Necks in Macomb.

Yeah, I know. I was writing off this odd numbered year as a loss and looking to '08. I wasn't too clear on that. Wish I could see the UNI/SIU game. At least I'll be able to see it 3 or 4 times on Panthers replay throughout the following week.xpopcornx xbeerchugx

JoeNeck90
October 10th, 2007, 10:12 PM
At least I'll be able to see it 3 or 4 times on Panthers replay throughout the following week.xpopcornx xbeerchugx

There's nothing like watching an entire game in an hour without having to hit the FFWD button.xsmileyclapx Ohhhhh baaby!xbangx

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2007, 06:49 AM
He just got injured and has been healthy up until then. He's had a few dropped balls go into the hands of defenders but overall he's been more efficient this year. Keep in mind that UNI will always be a run first, pass second team. They will go deep if they have to but would rather control the clock on the ground.

Its never been about numbers with Sanders, its his clutch performances in big situations that have endeared him to UNI fans forever.
Fair enough. I really hope he is healthy Saturday. I would rather beat you guys at your best than to go up against a second-stringer.

Cap'n Cat
October 11th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Rushing

SIU-240.7 yds/game
UNI-215.6 yds/game

Translation for the Cap'n: We can run too. We have six different players who are averaging five yds/carry or better and seven who have scored a rushing TD. We are still a run first team. Our offense is just a little more balanced than in years past.
As far as Hill, he got his 14 passing TDs while sitting the fourth quarter most games. Against Ark-Pine Bluff, he was sitting by halftime.

But, Uncle, every game is different. SIU may come into the Dome, get mauled and limp out with 42 yds rushing. Least I hope they will!

Your QB damned well SHOULD have sat out the fourth quarter against Missouri Baptist, A-PB and St. Francis of Indiana.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

pantherfan
October 11th, 2007, 08:30 AM
This game will not be close. A pick a win for either team of 10+ points.

My gut says that if UNI comes out of the gates fast:

UNI 38 - SIU 21

Don't see the defense giving up much over 20, even with SIU's high powered offense.

mrfeem
October 11th, 2007, 08:34 AM
xthumbsupx any tv for this one. interesting game

unigriff
October 11th, 2007, 09:17 AM
xthumbsupx any tv for this one. interesting game

mediacom around the state and surrounding areas, doesnt sound like FSN is picking it up afterall...

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2007, 02:50 PM
This game will not be close. A pick a win for either team of 10+ points.

My gut says that if UNI comes out of the gates fast:

UNI 38 - SIU 21

Don't see the defense giving up much over 20, even with SIU's high powered offense.
Holding SIU to 20 is wishful thinking. Nothing more.

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2007, 02:57 PM
But, Uncle, every game is different. SIU may come into the Dome, get mauled and limp out with 42 yds rushing. Least I hope they will!

Your QB damned well SHOULD have sat out the fourth quarter against Missouri Baptist, A-PB and St. Francis of Indiana.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
Sorry we could not squeeze powers like Minn. St.-Mankato into our schedule. The only team UNI has beaten with a winning record so far is Drake.
xnodx

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Just bumping this up to give the Cap'n a chance to reply.

Cap'n Cat
October 11th, 2007, 07:47 PM

Better work on that schedule, then, son!

:D

pantherfan
October 11th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Holding SIU to 20 is wishful thinking. Nothing more.

Well we'll know who was right in less than 48 hours...xthumbsupx xcoffeex

crunifan
October 11th, 2007, 07:53 PM

I'll take the bait:

SIU's opponents record: 8-26 or 24%

UNI's opponents record: 13-17 or 43%

Cap'n Cat
October 11th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I'll take the bait:

Uncle?

xcoffeex

pantherfan
October 11th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I'll take the bait:

shhhh...don't interject fact into an otherwise great argument!;)

SIU opponent by week:
08/30 Quincy W 59-14
09/08 at N Illinois W 34-31
09/15 at S Utah W 44-10
09/22 Ark-PB W 58-3
09/29 at Indiana St W 72-10
10/06 YSU W 24-17

UNI opponent by week:
08/30 Mankato St W 41-14
09/08 at Iowa St W 24-13
09/15 at S Dakota St W 31-17
09/22 at Drake W 45-7
09/29 at Illinois St W 23-13
10/06 BYE

Weeks 1-5 UNI played against "better" competition, easily; also played more on the road. Week 6 SIU takes by default due to the bye. SIU has scored a lot of points, but against who? Add this to cr's information, and it is clear who has gotten to THIS point more impressively. This is not to say that Saturday won't be a prize fight for both teams...xcoffeex

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2007, 08:49 PM
We do have a smack forum Mr. 2-Post. ;)

Yeah, exactly what I thought with some of the Il St posters. Please ignore these few. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2007, 08:51 PM

They had a lot of false starts in 2005, especially at the end.

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Uncle?

xcoffeex
Best I can figure off the top of my head that must mean Mankato has three wins. I'm impressed.
xeyebrowx

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM
They had a lot of false starts in 2005, especially at the end.
ah.
Back to the Dome thing.
So are you guys that much better than last year when you got thumped in Carbondale?

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Uncle?

xcoffeex
Oh, yeah.
Enjoy your fishing trip this weekend.
xsmiley_wix

Reed Rothchild
October 11th, 2007, 09:13 PM
ah.
Back to the Dome thing.
So are you guys that much better than last year when you got thumped in Carbondale?

Yes, and we simply will never win in Carbondale

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2007, 09:13 PM
shhhh...don't interject fact into an otherwise great argument!;)

SIU opponent by week:
08/30 Quincy W 59-14
09/08 at N Illinois W 34-31
09/15 at S Utah W 44-10
09/22 Ark-PB W 58-3
09/29 at Indiana St W 72-10
10/06 YSU W 24-17

UNI opponent by week:
08/30 Mankato St W 41-14
09/08 at Iowa St W 24-13
09/15 at S Dakota St W 31-17
09/22 at Drake W 45-7
09/29 at Illinois St W 23-13
10/06 BYE

Weeks 1-5 UNI played against "better" competition, easily; also played more on the road. Week 6 SIU takes by default due to the bye. SIU has scored a lot of points, but against who? Add this to cr's information, and it is clear who has gotten to THIS point more impressively. This is not to say that Saturday won't be a prize fight for both teams...xcoffeex
I'm sure the Penguin fans around here will be glad they are considered tougher than a bye.

crunifan
October 11th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Fellas...settle down. This is getting a little heated.

I say, we divert our attention to say...the Iowa/Illinois game. This would be more fun if Illinois wasn't actually good this year. Oh well, it will still be fun to watch Iowa lose. xnodx

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Fellas...settle down. This is getting a little heated.

I say, we divert our attention to say...the Iowa/Illinois game. This would be more fun if Illinois wasn't actually good this year. Oh well, it will still be fun to watch Iowa lose. xnodx
It's all in fun.
Chill.

Saluki_man
October 12th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Yes, and we simply will never win in Carbondale

So what will happen first??

1) SIU wins in the Dome
2) UNI wins in Carbondale
3) UNI gets a new football stadium

My guess UNI gets a new football stadium

DOME
October 12th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I just want everyone to know that it is very hard sitting at work right now on the eve of this great game.
This weekend will provide two firsts for me. My first homecoming as an alum. My first time ever trying to scalp for tickets to a UNI game of any sort.

Go Panthers!

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2007, 12:32 PM

1) SIU wins in the Dome

You left out:

4. SIU gets a new football stadium.

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2007, 03:48 PM

1) SIU wins in the Dome

I have to cast a vote for 1.

unigriff
October 12th, 2007, 04:40 PM
dome...i have one spare ticket, its for a reserved seat, but lord knows its not that hard to sneak into the SS if u want:) id be willing to part with it. i already have 2 other tickets for myself

JayJ79
October 12th, 2007, 04:41 PM
You left out:

4. SIU gets a new football stadium.

it'd prolly still be in Carbondale, so technically a UNI win in the new stadium would still fall under #2.

I really don't think UNI will be getting a new stadium any time soon. They've built they're academic/PE complex around the Dome. Though there are some upgrades in the works.

Sooner or later, the road team will get a W in this series. I just hope it's not tommorrow. hehe.

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2007, 04:44 PM
it'd prolly still be in Carbondale, so technically a UNI win in the new stadium would still fall under #2.

I really don't think UNI will be getting a new stadium any time soon. They've built they're academic/PE complex around the Dome. Though there are some upgrades in the works.

Sooner or later, the road team will get a W in this series. I just hope it's not tommorrow. hehe.
The Salukis are supposed to have a new stadium by 2010 as part of the Salukiway program. I just hope the old one doesn't fall down before the new one gets open.

Cap'n Cat
October 12th, 2007, 05:16 PM
UNI won at Carbonville in 1988. I was there. D1B and I got into a shoving match with that fatass, Earle Bruce, in the locker room afterward!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Mountain Panther
October 12th, 2007, 05:22 PM
UNI won at Carbonville in 1988. I was there. D1B and I got into a shoving match with that fatass, Earle Bruce, in the locker room afterward!
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

After a WIN? xconfusedx

Cap'n Cat
October 12th, 2007, 05:29 PM
After a WIN? xconfusedx

Yes! He tried to kick us out of the locker room after the game, contrary to UNI tradition. D1B started on him about taking a playoff caliber team and running them into the ground to 5-6. It was the last game of the season.

The locker room went silent as players and coaches watched on while two drunk FB alums lit into him ferociously. Funny, not a single player or coach backed him up. We let him off the hook for the sake of the kids and one of the coaches gave us two pizzas before we left.

One of my fondest memories.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx :D :D :D :D

Mountain Panther
October 12th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Yes! He tried to kick us out of the locker room after the game, contrary to UNI tradition. D1B started on him about taking a playoff caliber team and running them into the ground to 5-6. It was the last game of the season.

The locker room went silent as players and coaches watched on while two drunk FB alums lit into him ferociously. Funny, not a single player or coach backed him up. We let him off the hook for the sake of the kids and one of the coaches gave us two pizzas before we left.

One of my fondest memories.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx :D :D :D :D

Oh I thought you were players.

nmatsen
October 15th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Sanders has six TD passes and four INTs this year. He might want to be careful trying to pass all over the Salukis this year. The Dawg D has 12 INTs this season, three of which were returned for TDs. They rushed for over two hundred yards and five yards a carry against a Youngstown D that was supposed to be the best in the Gateway. Do some research before you run your mouth, Homer!

Wow, the Dawg D has 12 INT's this season huh? Too bad they weren't able to get a few more Saturday. The Younstown D was SUPPOSED to be the best D in the Gateway, I hope we are not confused on to who that is now skinny_uncle.

Feel free to move this to the smack thread because that is exactly what this is supposed to bexsmiley_wix