PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League - Week 7

brownbear
October 7th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Here are my picks for this week's games:

Lafayette at Harvard - Lafayette wins by 3
Lehigh at Yale - Yale by 21 (Yale is crushing everyone)
Dartmouth at Holy Cross - Holy Cross wins by 7 in a high scoring game
Colgate at Cornell - Colgate wins by 3

In Ivy conference games:

Penn at Columbia - Penn, encouraged by their first win, take this one by 10
Princeton at Brown - Another high scoring game, Princeton by 4

bulldog10jw
October 7th, 2007, 03:52 PM

In Ivy conference games:

I like:

Harvard by 3

Yale by 7 (We have yet to see how Yale will react in a close game or if they get behind)

Holy Cross by 10

Cornell by 4

Penn by 14

Brown by 1 (something like 35-34)

hc12
October 7th, 2007, 04:00 PM

In Ivy conference games:

harvard wins by 10
yale wins by 17
cornell wins by 7
penn wins by 14
Brown wins by 3
HC wins ,why does everyone have dartmouth scoring alot.I know Hc defense is below average but dartmouths offense is a ball controlling offense not a high power quick scoring one.HC by 21xpeacex GO patriot league! GO Sader Nation

YaleFootballFan
October 7th, 2007, 06:52 PM
My picks...

Harvard by 3
Yale by 10
Holy Cross by 14
Cornell by 6

Ivy games...

Penn over Columbia by 17
Princeton over Brown by 7

carney2
October 7th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Lafayette at Harvard - Harvard The Curse of Lord Corwallis is alive and well.

Lehigh at Yale - Yale A non-competitive affair.

Dartmouth at Holy Cross - Holy Cross The Indians aren't good enough to shoot down Air Randolph.

Colgate at Cornell - Cornell This predictor has lost faith in the Raiders.

In Ivy League games:

Penn at Columbia - Penn I've seen Columbia.

Princeton at Brown - Princeton I've seen Princeton.

Cleets
October 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM

Dartmouth at Holy Cross - Holy Cross The Indians aren't good enough to shoot down Air Randolph.

In Ivy League games:

Yup...!!! xnodx

bonarae
October 7th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Well... my take this time...

Lafayette/Harvard - Lafayette by 3 (another of a series of close games)
Lehigh/Yale - Yale by 17
Dartmouth/Holy Cross - Holy Cross by 10
Colgate/Cornell - Cornell by 13

Penn/Columbia - Penn by 7
Princeton/Brown - Princeton by 3 (another close game)

Harvard Worship
October 7th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Lafayette at Harvard - Harvard. We just seem to have Lafayette's number, year in, year out. Maybe it's because coach Murphy knows all their tricks... and they haven't picked up any new ones since he left in 1981...

Lehigh at Yale - Yale by a mile. Yale must have missed the "it's a down year for the Ivys" notice... and the "no scoring more than 20 points average in Ivy contests" notice... and the "no scoring more than 50 points in any given Ivy game" notice (they missed this one twice). Bottom line: it would be Yale month even if they hadn't paid for it.

Dartmouth at Holy Cross - Holy Cross. No really, they're good this year!

Colgate at Cornell - Cornell. Aw shucks could go either way.

Penn at Columbia - Penn. Only because Columbia is still digging out of the crater they've made for themselves in the past decade(s). But honestly, what's happened to Penn?

Princeton at Brown - Brown has no defense. Princeton doesn't seem to have much either. First team to 40 wins. Yale will love playing these guys this year.

Ivytalk
October 7th, 2007, 07:46 PM

In Ivy League games:

Sounds right to me.

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2007, 08:34 PM
I like:

Harvard by 3

Yale by 7 (We have yet to see how Yale will react in a close game or if they get behind)

Holy Cross by 10

Cornell by 4

Penn by 14

Brown by 1 (something like 35-34)

6 for 6 this week. Very unusual. xnodx

Ivytalk
October 13th, 2007, 08:36 PM
6 for 6 this week. Very unusual. xnodx

Whatcha smokin', big dog!:p

I picked Yale by 17+; my "jocksniff" taunt let the Lehighs beat the spread!xbawlingx :p

ngineer
October 13th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Whatcha smokin', big dog!:p

I picked Yale by 17+; my "jocksniff" taunt let the Lehighs beat the spread!xbawlingx :p

Hensrock was giving us 21 and I took it.xrolleyesx Yale has some ground machine...Patton's Third Army would be proud. Our D hung in there gallantly, but the offense couldn't stay on the field long enough to give them a break. Bulldogs are for real, but if we had executed today on a few plays (see game thread) it would have gone down to the wire. Yale's line does a great job of blocking and Mcleod has super vision and ability. Harvard has the talent to give Yale a battle. Should be a great game on November 17.

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Hensrock was giving us 21 and I took it.xrolleyesx Yale has some ground machine...Patton's Third Army would be proud. Our D hung in there gallantly, but the offense couldn't stay on the field long enough to give them a break. Bulldogs are for real, but if we had executed today on a few plays (see game thread) it would have gone down to the wire. Yale's line does a great job of blocking and Mcleod has super vision and ability. Harvard has the talent to give Yale a battle. Should be a great game on November 17.

Lehigh did do a good job holding Yale to FG's instead of TD's on 3 drives. As much as Lehigh hurt themselves on offense, Yale also did to a lesser extent, having a TD called back for holding and losing a fumble inside the 5. It's hard to beat a team though when they hold the ball for 40 minutes like Yale did today. Lehigh needed to be PERFECT on offense and, of course, were not.

brownbear
October 13th, 2007, 08:56 PM
2 out of 6 for the week.

That's what I get when I pick against my school. I probably won't do that next week.

Ivytalk
October 13th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Next week's big games: Yale at Penn, Princeton at Harvard;)

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2007, 09:03 PM
2 out of 6 for the week.

Doesn't really matter if your team wins, right.xnodx

brownbear
October 13th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Next week's big games: Yale at Penn, Princeton at Harvard;)

You seem to have forgotten Brown at Cornell

and Columbia at Dartmouth too
for the last place slot in the Ivy League!

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2007, 09:08 PM
and Columbia at Dartmouth too
for the last place slot in the Ivy League!

Dartmouth has an Ivy win. Does Cornell?

brownbear
October 13th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Dartmouth has an Ivy win. Does Cornell?

You're right that Cornell is 0-2 in the Ivy League and Dartmouth is 1-1.

Cornell has already played Harvard and Yale. Dartmouth has played Yale and Penn. I think Cornell is a better team than Dartmouth based on out-of-conference games, so I figured that the loser of the Dartmouth-Columbia game will probably end up in last place at the end of the season.

Ivytalk
October 13th, 2007, 09:16 PM
What's the "under" on the crowd at Franklin Field next week?xcoolx I say 12,000 -- just to pull a number out of the air. Two quality RBs going at it. Sandberg had beaucoup yards against Columbia today, and we know from the Dartmouth debacle how much Penn depends on him.

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2007, 09:21 PM
You're right that Cornell is 0-2 in the Ivy League and Dartmouth is 1-1.

Cornell has already played Harvard and Yale. Dartmouth has played Yale and Penn. I think Cornell is a better team than Dartmouth based on out-of-conference games, so I figured that the loser of the Dartmouth-Columbia game will probably end up in last place at the end of the season.

You may be right, but Dartmouth's OOC schedule was much tougher than Cornell's. Both played Colgate, but Dartmouth played New Hampshire and Holy Cross. Cornell played Georgetown and...and....I forget. Whoever it was, probably not as good as UNH and HC.

YaleFootballFan
October 13th, 2007, 09:24 PM
You may be right, but Dartmouth's OOC schedule was much tougher than Cornell's. Both played Colgate, but Dartmouth played New Hampshire and Holy Cross. Cornell played Georgetown and...and....I forget. Whoever it was, probably not as good as UNH and HC.

It was Bucknell, who they beat 38-14.

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2007, 09:24 PM
What's the "under" on the crowd at Franklin Field next week?xcoolx I say 12,000 -- just to pull a number out of the air. Two quality RBs going at it. Sandberg had beaucoup yards against Columbia today, and we know from the Dartmouth debacle how much Penn depends on him.

How did they draw for those big games against Harvard a few years ago when both teams were the class of the league?

brownbear
October 13th, 2007, 09:25 PM

Cornell played Bucknell.

Ivytalk
October 13th, 2007, 09:25 PM
How did they draw for those big games against Harvard a few years ago when both teams were the class of the league?

Crappy! In the 2004 game with the Ivy chips on the line, there were about 15,000 at Franklin Field.xsmhx Perfect weather, too!

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2007, 09:27 PM
It was Bucknell, who they beat 38-14.

Thanks, YFF. Did you go today? Sad that only 14,000 showed up to see McLeod on a record setting day.

YaleFootballFan
October 13th, 2007, 09:27 PM
If Penn can score 59 against Columbia, I can image how many points Yale will put up against the Lions in two weeks. xeekx

YaleFootballFan
October 13th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks, YFF. Did you go today? Sad that only 14,000 showed up to see McLeod on a record setting day.

I was there. Yes, the crowd size was very disappointing....it looked less than the 14,000 that was announced. I'd say there was probably close to 10,000 actually inside the Bowl.

Perhaps the fact that it was a non-league game kept the crowd down. However, with the season that Yale is having, every game should be a big draw, Ivy or non-Ivy game.

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2007, 09:38 PM
If Penn can score 59 against Columbia, I can image how many points Yale will put up against the Lions in two weeks. xeekx

I checked out the box score and Penn Had 400 Yards total offense. Not really a lot for 59 points so I'm assuming they had some short fields on some drives. Big day for Sandberg though.

Ivytalk
October 13th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I checked out the box score and Penn Had 400 Yards total offense. Not really a lot for 59 points so I'm assuming they had some short fields on some drives. Big day for Sandberg though.

A couple of defensive and/or special teams TDs, too. Saw some highlights on Philly TV news.

brownbear
October 13th, 2007, 09:48 PM

Yale beats Dartmouth by 40

Dartmouth beats Penn by 8

Penn beats Columbia by 31

=

Yale beats Columbia by 79!

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Yale beats Columbia by 79!

Columbia fans bitched last year when Yale gave a senior RB, who did nothing but block for McLeod, a chance to score a TD (his ONLY career TD) with 5 seconds left in the game, to make the score 21-3. They accused Yale of running up the score even though the TD came at the end of an 80 yard drive that was ALL RUNNING PLAYS. Wonder how they feel today?

brownbear
October 13th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Columbia fans bitched last year when Yale gave a senior RB, who did nothing but block for McLeod, a chance to score a TD (his ONLY career TD) with 5 seconds left in the game, to make the score 21-3. They accused Yale of running up the score even though the TD came at the end of an 80 yard drive that was ALL RUNNING PLAYS. Wonder how they feel today?

21-3 and they complain? Losers!

YaleFootballFan
October 13th, 2007, 10:03 PM

I remember that. All four of them were very upset. :p

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I remember that. All four of them were very upset. :p

I probably should have said, the Columbia fan complained. xlolx

brownbear
October 13th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Crappy! In the 2004 game with the Ivy chips on the line, there were about 15,000 at Franklin Field.xsmhx Perfect weather, too!

How much did they draw for the 2002 game that was on College Gameday?

YaleFootballFan
October 13th, 2007, 10:32 PM
How much did they draw for the 2002 game that was on College Gameday?

Franks Tanks
October 13th, 2007, 10:35 PM
21-3 and they complain? Losers!

Columbia and their fruity power blue colors deserve to lose by that much, they stink!! xlolx

Ivytalk
October 14th, 2007, 01:00 PM

I can remember a Harvard-Penn game at Franklin Field in the mid-80s that drew about 36,000 on Parents Day, but those days are long gone.