PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League - Week 7

carney2
October 7th, 2007, 10:53 AM
2-1 vs. the Ancient 8 in Week 6, and also against all OOC as these two continue their dance of interlocked schedules. YTD, then, we have:

vs. OOC: 14-14
vs. Ivy League: 8-6

This week:

LAFAYETTE @ Harvard

LEHIGH @ Yale

COLGATE @ Cornell

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN

Dartmouth @ HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL has taken a much needed week off to shoot some hoops and wait for Ken_Z to recover from his annual lobotomy.

Since we are now at the halfway mark, let's hear your opinions as to who is going to win this thing. It won't be part of the "scoring" system, but shoud be interesting.

ngineer
October 7th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Pards will have their hands full across the river from Beantown. Not sure who's playing QB for Crimson, but Pizotti is scary at QB. I give slight tilt to Crimson at home as I would pick the 'pards if this were home. Harvard, 24-21.

Lehigh will find out what they're made of after the stinker in the Bronx. Cannot fathom them winning this game based on this year's performance. If they have pride, they can win should Yale commit turnovers and make mistakes like we do. If they've gone into a funk about Fordham, this will be ugly. Ever the optimist, I think Andy is able to rally the boys,but it won't be enough. Yale 27-24.

Colgate at SUNY-Ithica...A deep-seated rivalry. Raiders feeling better after the win over the Bison, who got nailed by the Big Red. Comparative scores say go with SUNY-Ithica, 33-20.

Fordham COULD be feeling too good about itself after the last two weeks and this could be the ultimate 'trap game' with Lafayette the following week. Still, a Hoya win would be earth-shaking. Rams 24-13.

Holy Cross seems to be getting into shootouts, which is not good. Dartmouth is improving and Crusaders could be setting early sights on a wounded Lehigh. Still, I can't go against the 'saders with their momentum,
Holy Cross, 31-27.

Bucknell will be over in the Sjoka Center "doin' da do, and tickling the twine for two"....;)

bulldog10jw
October 7th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Pards will have their hands full across the river from Beantown.

I think Harvard Stadium is on the Boston side.

hc12
October 7th, 2007, 01:44 PM
2-1 vs. the Ancient 8 in Week 6, and also against all OOC as these two continue their dance of interlocked schedules. YTD, then, we have:

vs. OOC: 14-14
vs. Ivy League: 8-6

This week:

LAFAYETTE @ Harvard

LEHIGH @ Yale

COLGATE @ Cornell

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN

Dartmouth @ HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL has taken a much needed week off to shoot some hoops and wait for Ken_Z to get his annual lobotomy.

Since we are now at the halfway mark, let's hear your opinions as to who is going to win this thing. It won't be part of the "scoring" system, but shoud be interesting.
Colgate vs Cornell: Cornell wins at home, Cornell 21 Colgate 14.xthumbsupx
Layfayettevs Havard:harvard has an good back up qb,havard24 pards14.
Lehigh vs Yale:Yale can smell a wounded animal,Lehigh still can not score in the red zone.Yale41 Lehigh 20
Fordham35 GU 17
Datmouth vs HC: Dartmouth is rebuilding and does not have the offense to score alot of points fast.They are ball controll oriented,defense is average up front linebackers are good and secondery is average.HC should be able to put points up on them hopefully the defense steps up , Gilmore can you blitz a little more and play tight man to man coverage.
HC38 Dartmouth 17
Patriot league is still alittle muddle when it comes to the leaders in the division.Lehigh was the front runner but there offense in the red zone and turnovers make them an up and down average team.Layfayette, the pards i can not figure out.Their defense is very questionable.But they might still be hanging around the top of the division.
Colgate is average at best they will end up at .500 and be the spoilers through out the league.
Fordham will surprise alot of people, do not be surprise if they are sitting in the number 2 spot at the end of the year.
Bucknell does not have enough depth on there team sub .500 team at best.
GU hopefully wins one game this year, and will be in the cellar trying to figure cout what happen this year.
HC potent offense below average defense.If they start to play defense then they will win the league if they do not then they end up as a brides maid.

carney2
October 7th, 2007, 01:46 PM
LAFAYETTE @ Harvard – I expect that my Pard brethren will turn a blind eye to history as they envision hoisting a victorious man in black (Frank Tavani, who has inexplicably taken to wearing this sartorial statement of…what?) on their shoulders, and marching across the Charles River to hold a weenie roast in the center of Harvard Yard. Sorry, guys, this is really a no brainer. Harvard

LEHIGH @ Yale – Lehigh continues unimpressive (they could just as easily be 1-4 instead of 3-2). Sedale Threatt continues unimpressive. Yale continues very impressive (I have them in my AGS Top 10). Mike McLeod continues very impressive. Can you spell R O U T ? Yale

COLGATE @ Cornell – Dick Biddle is now well into the second year of his sabbatical and his Raiders have also earned the label “unimpressive.” Can you envision a day when Jordan Scott gains 350 yards and the toothpaste guys lose by two scores? This could be it. Cornell

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN – Cinderella refuses to mount her pumpkin and leave the ball. There is at least one more waltz on the crowded dance card. Fordham

Dartmouth @ HOLY CROSS – One more serving of crow for the fat, bald geek previously known as me. The Injuns aint for real. Air Randolph is. Holy Cross

BUCKNELL – The blundering herd will not be playing football (again) this week. Ken_Z, as stated in a previous post, will be recovering from his annual lobotomy. After that he will begin rehearsals for his recurring part as C. Montgomery “Monty” Burns in the annual Buffalo Holiday Pageant. I know that you join me in wishing him well with both ventures.

In my demented mind, Holy Cross appears to be the front runner for the Patsy League trophy this year. Fordham has taken an unsteady aim on second, but they need to contend with Lafayette’s “D” and jumbo offensive line first. Lehigh and Colgate seem to be slipping to the edge of the radar screen, but it wouldn’t take much for either, or both, to move back to center stage. Bucknell and Georgetown continue as everyone’s favorite Homecoming opponents.

Franks Tanks
October 7th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Colgate vs Cornell: Cornell wins at home, Cornell 21 Colgate 14.xthumbsupx
Lehigh vs Yale:Yale can smell a wounded animal,Lehigh still can not score in the red zone.Yale41 Lehigh 20
Fordham35 GU 17
Datmouth vs HC: Dartmouth is rebuilding and does not have the offense to score alot of points fast.They are ball controll oriented,defense is average up front linebackers are good and secondery is average.HC should be able to put points up on them hopefully the defense steps up , Gilmore can you blitz a little more and play tight man to man coverage.
HC38 Dartmouth 17
Patriot league is still alittle muddle when it comes to the leaders in the division.Lehigh was the front runner but there offense in the red zone and turnovers make them an up and down average team.Layfayette, the pards i can not figure out.Their defense is very questionable.But they might still be hanging around the top of the division.
Colgate is average at best they will end up at .500 and be the spoilers through out the league.
Fordham will surprise alot of people, do not be surprise if they are sitting in the number 2 spot at the end of the year.
GU hopefully wins one game this year, and will be in the cellar trying to figure cout what happen this year.
HC potent offense below average defense.If they start to play defense then they will win the league if they do not then they end up as a brides maid.

Obviously you cant figure out the Pards as there D is actually very solid. The Offense is what is questionable and if we can get it humming we will be in a good position for 4 in a row, the D however is very solid and that is the one thing we do know about this team.

carney2
October 7th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I think Harvard Stadium is on the Boston side.

Technically correct. Even more technically correct - Harvard Stadium is located in the Boston "neighborhood" of Allston. But, hey, what's in a name?

hc12
October 7th, 2007, 03:14 PM
xrulesx
Obviously you cant figure out the Pards as there D is actually very solid. The Offense is what is questionable and if we can get it humming we will be in a good position for 4 in a row, the D however is very solid and that is the one thing we do know about this team.

obviously francis you do not want to admit that there defense is subpar.Pards against a poor columbia team gives up 180 toyal yards, how weak is columbia?
Pards against princeton, D gives up 356 total yards to an below average offense.
Pards against Penn, the Pards give up 224 total yards to a pitiful penn team.
Pards vs GU the gives up 205 total yards to a team that is bad.
Pards in a stellar performace gives up 86 yards of total offense to very bad Marist team now thats playing defense.
What is the total number of wins by all the teams the pards played? Bad teams in which the Pards should be dominating against if your defense is that good.Please enlighten me Francis!

Pard94
October 7th, 2007, 03:58 PM
xrulesx

obviously francis you do not want to admit that there defense is subpar.Pards against a poor columbia team gives up 180 toyal yards, how weak is columbia?
Pards against princeton, D gives up 356 total yards to an below average offense.
Pards in a stellar performace gives up 86 yards of total offense to very bad Marist team now thats playing defense.
What is the total number of wins by all the teams the pards played? Bad teams in which the Pards should be dominating against if your defense is that good.Please enlighten me Francis!

hc12...I am sure you didn't watch the game last night so let me enlighten you. Their defense had 5 sacks and two turnovers that lead to scores. They held them to negative 13 yards rushing. The middle linebacker had 13solo tackles and two sacks. They shut them out. I am not saying Columbia is any great team but you can only play the team you line up against. Not to mention Columbia's QB and receiver were all Ivy last year.They are not only the best defense in the Patriot League by a wide margin they are ranked number 1 in overall defense in the NATION (look it up if you like). Going into last night they were averaging 11 points against which is tops in the nation. I am sure that number went down after last night's shut out. Much of that 180 yards came in the fourth quarter in which the Leopards had thier 2nd string defenders in the game (and they still held them scoreless).Who knows where they will end up after the season but for now to call there defense questionable is just plain dumb. You know not of what you speak. Take shots at the offense if you must but their defense is curently holding clinics every Saturday...you ought to tune in.xrolleyesx

hc12
October 7th, 2007, 04:27 PM
hc12...I am sure you didn't watch the game last night so let me enlighten you. Their defense had 5 sacks and two turnovers that lead to scores. They held them to negative 13 yards rushing. The middle linebacker had 13solo tackles and two sacks. They shut them out. I am not saying Columbia is any great team but you can only play the team you line up against. Not to mention Columbia's QB and receiver were all Ivy last year.They are not only the best defense in the Patriot League by a wide margin they are ranked number 1 in overall defense in the NATION (look it up if you like). Going into last night they were averaging 11 points against which is tops in the nation. I am sure that number went down after last night's shut out. Much of that 180 yards came in the fourth quarter in which the Leopards had thier 2nd string defenders in the game (and they still held them scoreless).Who knows where they will end up after the season but for now to call there defense questionable is just plain dumb. You know not of what you speak. Take shots at the offense if you must but their defense is curently holding clinics every Saturday...you ought to tune in.xrolleyesx

So pard 94 your saying that you will limit havard to under 100 yards rushing and under 125 yards passing? Now do not forget harvard will have there number 2 qb in. Holding a clinic with those teams, you should have all shut outs . What iam saying is ,when you have a dominate defense then you should be winning with goose eggs up on the scoreboard especially with the teams your playing.But i will keep my mind open and be more cautious with my words. I guess the pards are a little touchy tonite.xrotatehx

carney2
October 7th, 2007, 05:02 PM
hc12 vs. (Franks Tanks + Pard94): wow! Whodathunk that midseason would bring a shouting, bragging match between Holy Cross and Lafayette?!!

Lafayette vs. Lehigh: a given.

Lafayette vs. Colgate: certainly.

Lafayette vs. Bucknell: as long as Ken_Z is alive and well, it will be (Anybody) vs. Bucknell.

But, Lafayette vs. Holy Cross? Times they are a-changing - and for the better.

Franks Tanks
October 7th, 2007, 05:32 PM
xrulesx

How is giving up 180 yards in Offense, or even 205 or 224- poor. Holding a team to below 250 yards is very difficult. Yes our schedule thus far hasnt been the most chalklenging, but G-Town is a leaue game and who knew Penn would be poor? Harvard will be a challenge for us, but if we lose it will be because our offense doesnt produce enough points.

breezy
October 7th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Let's see if I can have another good week with my picks.

LAFAYETTE @ Harvard –- Harvard played tough against Holy Cross in its season opener but has not really distinguished itself since then. This will be a low-scoring affair but my heart says to go with the PL. LAFAYETTE

LEHIGH @ Yale –- Lehigh seems to be a disappointment but even if it were playing up to its hype, it would have a tough time beating an excellent Yale team. YALE

COLGATE @ Cornell –- Colgate loses to Fordham and then has to score late to beat Bucknell. Still, Cornell doesn't have a lot of bite. COLGATE

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN –- Georgetown's season is turning into a disaster, while Fordham is definitely on the march. FORDHAM

Dartmouth @ HOLY CROSS –- Dartmouth could come into this game with an attitude as a result of the scuffle between the two teams at the end of the game last season. Randolph got back on the beam against the Bears. HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL –- Can't lose this week.

Two thoughts --

(1) Are we seeing a realignment of power within the PL. Colgate and Lehigh seem to be on a downswing, while Holy Cross and Fordham are trending upward.

(2) Last season saw three new coaches in the PL. Kelly having all sorts of trouble at G'town; Coen doing so-so at Lehigh, but Masella at Fordham seems to be doing quite well.

Pard94
October 7th, 2007, 06:07 PM
So pard 94 your saying that you will limit havard to under 100 yards rushing and under 125 yards passing? Now do not forget harvard will have there number 2 qb in. Holding a clinic with those teams, you should have all shut outs . What iam saying is ,when you have a dominate defense then you should be winning with goose eggs up on the scoreboard especially with the teams your playing.But i will keep my mind open and be more cautious with my words. I guess the pards are a little touchy tonite.xrotatehx

What I am saying, Francis, is that Columbia was dominated on Defense last night. As thouroughly dominated as any team I have ever seen dominated. And you can point to any statistic you want as long as you also point to the numbers that currently have the Leopards ranked 1st in the country. So when you come on the board saying Lafayette's Defense is questionable...let's just say looks like the Crusader posters are a little bit clueless tonight.xnodx

Pard94
October 7th, 2007, 06:10 PM
hc12 vs. (Franks Tanks + Pard94): wow! Whodathunk that midseason would bring a shouting, bragging match between Holy Cross and Lafayette?!!

Lafayette vs. Lehigh: a given.

Lafayette vs. Colgate: certainly.

Lafayette vs. Bucknell: as long as Ken_Z is alive and well, it will be (Anybody) vs. Bucknell.

But, Lafayette vs. Holy Cross? Times they are a-changing - and for the better.

I don't know Carney...perhaps the "usual suspects" are a little more used to talking smack from the top. This HC12 guy has no fastball. Lafayette's defense is questionable? That's what he come in here spouting? Puhlease. Give me good old Gate Raider or Ngineer any day.:D

carney2
October 7th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Are we seeing a realignment of power within the PL. Colgate and Lehigh seem to be on a downswing, while Holy Cross and Fordham are trending upward.

You are right on with your "ups." You may be a bit premature with your "downs," however. In the longer run - i.e., beyond this week and this season - it will come down to resources - who uses them for football and who doesn't. At the risk of sending this board into yet another tizzy, here is one man's opinion as to who is devoting the "necessary" resources to football and who isn't (in alphabetical order):

BUCKNELL - No. They have suddenly become a "basketball school," and football has become a second class citizen. This changed overnight and could swing like a pendulum the other way in the future.

COLGATE - Yes. It's this or hockey. To the best of my knowledge there are fewer than 100 people outside of Quebec who know or care anything about fightin' n' icin'.

FORDHAM - Yes. Well, probably yes, but their football program is on the outside looking in as an "Associate Member." Basketball seems to still be the tail wagging this dog, but there is hope.

HOLY CROSS - No. These guys make Bucknell look uncommitted in their single minded devotion to roundball. Despite current successes, they show little evidence that there is room for much else in WooMass.

GEORGETOWN - No. Big time (Top 10) basketball and some "student activities" seems to be the way of the Hoya.

LEHIGH - Yes. It's football and rasslin'. It's always been football and rasslin'. Look no further than Goodman Stadium to see the commitment.

LAFAYETTE - Yes. It's a relatively recent commitment, but it is now approaching a $30 million commitment with the newly renovated Fisher Stadium. For the moment it's the only game in town.

In the longer run, the "yes" guys will hover near the top and contend. The "no" guys will get a peek over the fence every now and again. Let the fighting and bickering begin.

hc12
October 7th, 2007, 07:15 PM
What I am saying, Francis, is that Columbia was dominated on Defense last night. As thouroughly dominated as any team I have ever seen dominated. And you can point to any statistic you want as long as you also point to the numbers that currently have the Leopards ranked 1st in the country. So when you come on the board saying Lafayette's Defense is questionable...let's just say looks like the Crusader posters are a little bit clueless tonight.xnodx

so pards94 you are evading the question of dominate defense and giving a clinic on every saturday. Tell me how dominate they are going to be against Havard!Let looks at the definition of "questionable", adj 1 inviting inquiry2 liable to judicial inguiry or action3 affording reason for being doubted ,questioned or challenged: not certain or exact.So in other words Iam questioning the dominance of the very scary leopards.If you play cream puffs of course you can be number 1 in the country.At the end of the year we will see where your defense will be. Clueless about the pards yes,clueless about the pards defense ,lets just say highly questionable.Strike 3, your out, sit down. By the way 3 fast balls up past your strike zone!Your probably a yankee fan too!xlolx

bison137
October 7th, 2007, 07:40 PM
so pards94 you are evading the question of dominate defense and giving a clinic on every saturday. Tell me how dominate they are going to be against Havard!Let looks at the definition of "questionable", adj 1 inviting inquiry2 liable to judicial inguiry or action3 affording reason for being doubted ,questioned or challenged: not certain or exact.So in other words Iam questioning the dominance of the very scary leopards.If you play cream puffs of course you can be number 1 in the country.At the end of the year we will see where your defense will be. Clueless about the pards yes,clueless about the pards defense ,lets just say highly questionable.Strike 3, your out, sit down. By the way 3 fast balls up past your strike zone!Your probably a yankee fan too!xlolx

While you're teaching us about the dictionary, you might want to look up "dominant" and "you're". :)

DFW HOYA
October 7th, 2007, 08:08 PM
GEORGETOWN - No. Big time (Top 10) basketball and some "student activities" seems to be the way of the Hoya.

If you're going to run down someone (which seems a popular refrain directed to the PL's southernmost school of late), show a little objectivity.

"Student activities" seems to connote an intramural approach to athletics. That's false. Perhaps the readers need to be reminded that Georgetown has the largest atheltic budget of any I-AA school. Or has more intercollegiate teams than any of the I-AA schools outside the Ancient Eight. Or routinely finishes above any other PL school in the Sears Directors Cup.

Maybe it's the jet lag talking after getting back from Franklin Field, I don't know. No one is happy with the on-field mismatches that give opponents 40 and 45 pound edges across the line of scrimmage and the results which ensue. When your backup center is 240 lbs. and the first stringer gets hurt, what do you realistically expect?

The pieces aren't there. We can debate which pieces those are, but there's a lot of commitment behind fixing it. When the Georgetown athletic director is standing there down on the sidelines every single game this season, home and away, he's not just doing it for a better view of the game or because he isn't in the mood to watch soccer or volleyball. This was the former asst. AD in charge of football at Notre Dame--he desparately wants to see things improve on his watch.

Maybe the better question is WHY Georgetown isn't making more strides on the field and what the PL is offering (or just as importantly, is not offering) to allow them to improve in that matter. Maybe the PL leadership does care. (Maybe it couldn't care less.) But maybe it's a little more complicated than fans from other schools watching the team go 0-11 and say "Gee, they don't care."

hc12
October 7th, 2007, 08:53 PM
buffalo chip 137, i flunk english 25 times.Hey ,is it not time for b-ball to start ! You guys do not play football, my bad ,you do ?sorry!

Franks Tanks
October 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM
buffalo chip 137, i flunk english 25 times.Hey ,is it not time for b-ball to start ! You guys do not play football, my bad ,you do ?sorry!

Please dont sully the prediction thread with smack, it has been civil up to this point. If you want to throw barbs we can move it to the smack section to not destoy this thread.

bison137
October 7th, 2007, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=hc12;681109]buffalo chip 137, i flunk english 25 times.QUOTE]

That's obvious. It's obvious you didn't attend Holy Cross either.

colgate13
October 8th, 2007, 06:01 AM
My my, how quickly fans from a team that has been down for so long can start slinging shots once they experience a relatively small amount of success! The PL is WIDE open at this point folks, with FU in the driver's seat having dispatched two of the historical top three teams. THAT's the team to beat folks. And... it's nice to see the lack of chest beating going on there. I think that reflects the recent up and down the fans have experienced. They know just how fickle success can be.

HC has beaten Harvard. That's it - and it's not as impressive as years past. Brown, G'Town (no offense) haven't put up much this year. Losses to Yale and UMass put you well outside of the top in FCS. You're first 'test' is against Lehigh, and then the real season is much later when you finished out the season vs. LC, FU and CU.

Sorry, I don't see much room for bragging from anyone in the PL perhaps save Fordham but like I said, I think they know better. Great job guys. Enjoy the ride!

JoltinJoe
October 8th, 2007, 06:22 AM
My my, how quickly fans from a team that has been down for so long can start slinging shots once they experience a relatively small amount of success! The PL is WIDE open at this point folks, with FU in the driver's seat having dispatched two of the historical top three teams. THAT's the team to beat folks. And... it's nice to see the lack of chest beating going on there. I think that reflects the recent up and down the fans have experienced. They know just how fickle success can be.

HC has beaten Harvard. That's it - and it's not as impressive as years past. Brown, G'Town (no offense) haven't put up much this year. Losses to Yale and UMass put you well outside of the top in FCS. You're first 'test' is against Lehigh, and then the real season is much later when you finished out the season vs. LC, FU and CU.

Sorry, I don't see much room for bragging from anyone in the PL perhaps save Fordham but like I said, I think they know better. Great job guys. Enjoy the ride!

Just enjoying the ride.

We need to beat Georgetown this week. If we can accomplish that, this Rams team will play its most important game in five years at Lafayette on October 20.

Please feel free to choose Georgetown this week, guys. No jinxing.

Pard94
October 8th, 2007, 07:09 AM

Wow...impressive command of the dictionary you have there HC12...can you teach me about the thesaurus next? I think I figured out what the "12" in your name stads for. Thanks for making my point. Feel free to comment on our defense "at the end of the year" You may just have an argument at that point. Right now you are talking smack about the number 1 defense in the land and you sound like a tool in doing so.

carney2
October 8th, 2007, 08:14 AM

I haven't been following this thread as closely as weeks past, so I've missed some of the "chest beating" that's been going on. In any event, Mr. 13, I have backed (way) off of the "Holy Cross is a train wreck" position that I held until quite recently. No "top" victories as you've pointed out, but they have definitely established themselves as a contender.

Halfway thru the season and very cluttered at the top. Five teams in the hunt. Whodathunk?! Very exciting. Two of the five cannot afford another loss, but they are both perennial contenders, so I expect them to acquit themselves well down the stretch. You point out that Fordham should be considered top dog at the moment because they have already beaten two of the traditional "Big 3." All well and good, but it's not a 3 team race this year. They still face two stiff tests and can't afford to let up anywhere.

Here are some great questions:

Do you think that any team can go undefeated in League play this year?

Any math wizards out there care to figure out what is the largest potential log jam (tied for first) after week 12? Could happen.

PS A big "thank you and well done" to hc12 for diverting 94's affections from my door for a day or two.

PLLB
October 8th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Colgate vs Cornell: Cornell wins at home, Cornell 21 Colgate 14.
Fordham35 GU 17
HC38 Dartmouth 17

just out of curiosity how many of these teams have you seen play?

crusader11
October 8th, 2007, 09:20 AM
hc12- What in the world are you talking about? You're really giving HC a bad rap on this board by running your mouth and saying things you are completely unaware of. Holding a team to under 250 or 225 yards of offense is a sign of a very dominant defense. You don't have to shut a team out to have a strong defense.

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Carney - get those votives going again!! It worked for Penn!!

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2007, 09:21 AM
hc12- What in the world are you talking about? You're really giving HC a bad rap on this board by running your mouth and saying things you are completely unaware of. Holding a team to under 250 or 225 yards of offense is a sign of a very dominant defense. You don't have to shut a team out to have a strong defense.

Amen! Thanks a Crusader who has knowledge about what defines a "D"!!

carney2
October 8th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Carney - get those votives going again!! It worked for Penn!!

Votives? VOTIVES? The closest I come to a religious (anything) would best be described as a drive by. I'm afraid that the Pards are on their own this week to face John's 3-headed quarterback. On the plus side, their offense is a little one dimensional. They do not seem to have yet plugged the gaping hole left by Clifton Dawson's graduation. On the other side of the ball, the snobby defense will be quite a test for Lafayette's average passing game and backup runners.

Back to that religious thing - I'm praying.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Do you think that any team can go undefeated in League play this year?

Any math wizards out there care to figure out what is the largest potential log jam (tied for first) after week 12? Could happen.

I think the maximum number is 5 two-loss teams, but I'm not sure. What I can say is no team the past three years has gone unscathed in league play, the last being the undefeated Colgate team in 2003. You have to say Fordham has a massive leg up on the rest of the league, though.

If y'all are already thinking of it in terms of that, though, you may as well give Fordham the championship. Underestimating them is the last thing you want to do.

CrusaderBob
October 8th, 2007, 11:10 AM
I've always thought it rather stupid to rank defenses by yardage aloowed. That said under 250 combined yards a game is a team playing good defense.

And if further proof is needed that Lafayette is playing good D go to the bottom line stat and one I prefer to use when evaluatiing defensive performance - points allowed.

Regardless of the level of proficiency of teams played, any team allowing 44 points over a 5 game stretch - that's less than 9 points allowed per game! - is playing darn good defense. You may not think that will continue as the season progresses, but to dismiss it by attributing it to level of competition is short sighted.

The final 6 weeks should be interesting. The loss of DT Don Matheny has really hurt the Crusaders' defense - particularly agsint the run - but I think Holy Cross will come up with enough defense to allow the offense to outscore the rest of the league and win the PL. xprayx
(Geez, was that an actual prediction on this thread!)

Weekly picks coming later in the week as usual after I've studied the film and analyzed the match-ups.

LU73
October 8th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I'm not absolutely sure about this, but..............It seems possible to have FIVE teams at 4-2, one team at 1-5, and one team at 0-6 for a total of 21 wins and 21 losses in the seven team league. Now, anyone care to predict who would go 1-5 or 0-6?

carney2
October 8th, 2007, 12:23 PM
I'm not absolutely sure about this, but..............It seems possible to have FIVE teams at 4-2, one team at 1-5, and one team at 0-6 for a total of 21 wins and 21 losses in the seven team league. Now, anyone care to predict who would go 1-5 or 0-6?

Personally, I don't have enough gray cells to surround this. Here is Part II of this scenario: does the League have a methodology in place to determine the playoff representative should this nightmare* scenario occur? If two teams tie, the playoff berth goes to the winner of the head to head. If, however, there are 3 (or more) tied for 1st and they have all kind of round robin beaten each other, what happens?

*Not really a nightmare. Possibly the greatest year in the history of the League.

ngineer
October 8th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Personally, I don't have enough gray cells to surround this. Here is Part II of this scenario: does the League have a methodology in place to determine the playoff representative should this nightmare* scenario occur? If two teams tie, the playoff berth goes to the winner of the head to head. If, however, there are 3 (or more) tied for 1st and they have all kind of round robin beaten each other, what happens?

*Not really a nightmare. Possibly the greatest year in the history of the League.

I remember a few years ago when there was the potential for a multi-team tie for first, that the PL rules for the tie-breaker were published. It seemed to me that if the 'head to head' did not resolve the question, the PL representative to the NCAA would be by a vote of coaches whose teams were not involved. I may well be wrong, but it would be 'interesting'...

LU73
October 8th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Personally, I don't have enough gray cells to surround this

Ahh, Carney2, did you graduate from Lafayette?

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2007, 01:16 PM

Quite a number of beers ago, I'm so sure!!

carney2
October 8th, 2007, 01:40 PM

There is some question on that front. The College President and I had a tug of war over my diploma at commencement, with me trying to take possession and him obviously recognizing that a serious mistake was about to be made. I used my (then) youth and weight advantage to rip it from his hands before protesting members of the faculty could lend him assistance. I have done nothing in the intervening years to make that President regret his actions.

CrusaderBob
October 8th, 2007, 02:49 PM
This is Way down the road, but here's the rules from the PL Policy & Procedures Manual:

In the case of multiple ties (more than two teams tied for the same spot), the following process will be used: Note: The entire process for multiple-team ties must be completed. The Patriot League does not
revert back to the two-way tie formula once the multiple-team tie has
been resolved.

i. Records between the tied teams will be evaluated to determine if one team won more contests against the other tied institutions (in the sport of volleyball, both matches and individual games will be considered). [June 2005]

ii. If a tie still exists, a comparison of records will be conducted for each team starting with the highest seed not involved in the tie and continuing through the lowest seed, if necessary.

iii. Sport specific tie-breaking procedure, if any (see See Football Specific regulations Below).

iv. Comparison of records versus out-of-League common opponents.

v. Coin flip (two teams) or draw (multiple teams).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Football Specific Rules

c. Tiebreaker for the Automatic Bid to the NCAA Championship

i. In the event of a two-way or multiple team tie, refer to the Patriot League tiebreaking procedure listed in Section XV. [June 2002]

ii. If a tie still exists, a comparison of records against common out-of-league opponents will be made;

iii. If a tie still exists, a committee consisting of the athletics directors of each of the institutions not involved in the tie will make a final decision considering each of the following, in no particular order:

a). strength of schedule

b). overall record

c). computer rankings

The committee will meet immediately following the conclusion of the final
game of the season’s final weekend. A three-fourths vote of the members of the committee will be needed to determine the champion.

TheValleyRaider
October 8th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Briefly ignoring the scenarios of a Patriot League apocalypse to submit picks after a long (but very good xthumbsupx xnodx ) Homecoming weekend

Lafayette at Harvard Harvard Was the win over Penn a sign of changing times, or just a bump in the Ivy road over the Leopards? In Cambridge, I'll guess the latter...for now

Lehigh at Yale Yale This was shaping up to be one of the best games in the Northeast this season, right up until Lehigh spit the bit against the Rams. Again, home field plays big here, plus I still think Yale is the Ivy best

Colgate at Cornell Colgate Red have been a bit inconsistent so far this year, but then again so have the Raiders. Central New York rivalry game never seems to lack an interesting outcome, and I'll take 'Gate to avenge last season's stomping

Fordham at Georgetown Fordham Rams are sky-high, confidence-wise, right now. The Hoyas, well, not so much

Dartmouth at Holy Cross Holy Cross Dartmouth D has no answer for Randolph and the Crusaders, and the Green isn't remotely good enough on offense to play shootout

Taking a midseason, total shot in the dark guess at how the final standings will play out:
LC 4-2 (7-4)
FU 4-2 (7-4)
CU 4-2 (8-3)
LU 4-2 (7-4)
HC 3-3 (6-5)
BU 2-4 (4-7)
GU 0-6 (1-10)

Okay, maybe I do want to look at those tiebreakers now...xwhistlex xreadx

carney2
October 8th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Football Specific Rules

c. Tiebreaker for the Automatic Bid to the NCAA Championship

i. In the event of a two-way or multiple team tie, refer to the Patriot League tiebreaking procedure listed in Section XV. [June 2002]

ii. If a tie still exists, a comparison of records against common out-of-league opponents will be made;

iii. If a tie still exists, a committee consisting of the athletics directors of each of the institutions not involved in the tie will make a final decision considering each of the following, in no particular order:

a). strength of schedule

b). overall record

c). computer rankings

The committee will meet immediately following the conclusion of the final
game of the season’s final weekend. A three-fourths vote of the members of the committee will be needed to determine the champion.

Thanks, Bob. All of this looks familiar now. I think we went through it last year and generally concluded that the final, last gasp step becomes a popularity contest. You would think that Patriot League minds could do better than this.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 8th, 2007, 11:44 PM
From a CAA perspective:

LAFAYETTE @ Harvard. Havard, 31-21. Harvard remains 2 minutes from being undefeated.

LEHIGH @ Yale. Yale, 35-21. Yale on a roll. Lehigh struggling to recover from Fordam.

COLGATE @ Cornell. Colgate 21-3. Pinkham Red Raider Defense rules Finger Lakes rivalry.

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN. Fordham, 35-7. Reis & Co. continue storybook season. GU remains on track for 1-10 season.

Dartmouth @ HOLY CROSS. HC 28-24. Big Green loses another heartbreaker at historic Fitton Field.

Ken_Z
October 9th, 2007, 07:57 AM
BUCKNELL has taken a much needed week off to shoot some hoops and wait for Ken_Z to recover from his annual lobotomy.

oh dear, i see i need to monitor these boards more closely early in the week to properly defend myself. to set the record straight, the doctors prefer to call the procedure "cerebral pruning", but technically you are correct.

my need for annual maintenance results from a rare condition where my brain and intelligence continue to grow at an astounding rate each year. my head would probably explode if not for the careful pruning of extraneous matter. fortunately, the doctors have been very capable and have developed techniques where they only remove the gray matter that stores information on irrelevant topics such as reality tv, bcs football, and all things Lafayette.

carney2
October 9th, 2007, 08:44 AM
oh dear, i see i need to monitor these boards more closely early in the week to properly defend myself.

You should also check post no. 5 where you were once again referred to with reverence and awe. I would, after all, hate for these shells to remain unexploded.

bison137
October 9th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Harvard
Yale
Cornell
Fordham
Holy Cross

Lafayette71
October 9th, 2007, 12:29 PM

Please stop posting on this board from your I-Phone or Blackberry or whatever you're using. The appalling misuse of punctuation and spacing is detracting from your arguement, since I have to re-read your posts two or three times. I'm only assuming that you're posting from a mobile device. Surely, no one holding a degree from Holy Cross can be that bad with grammer. Maybe you were an English major.

DC 'gater
October 9th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Colgate
Harvard
Lehigh
Georgetown
HC

Lafayette71
October 9th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Lafayette at Harvard-I would like to think the Pards can win this game, however can and will are two different things. Harvard 21-17

Lehigh vs. Yale- Despite the somewhat pessimistic stance of the LU faithful following last weeks disappointing performance, I expect the Hawks to rebound with a fury this week. Will it be enough to stop Yale? Probably not, but I think this one could be a close call. Yale 28-24

Holy Cross vs. Dartmouth- HC should run it up. Holy Cross 38-14

Colgate vs. Cornell-Colgate has been in tough games all season, pulling out late wins in a couple of cases. This one should be more of the same. Colgate 17-14

Fordham vs. Georgtown-Will Fordham be looking ahead? Should have enough to win this one either way. Fordham 35-7

letsgopards04
October 9th, 2007, 03:24 PM
LAFAYETTE @ Harvard - Harvard, Hopefully the Harvard defense will be out yachting or looking through monocles and forget to show up so the Lafayette offense can put up some points.

LEHIGH @ Yale - Yale

COLGATE @ Cornell - Cornell

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN - Fordham

Dartmouth @ HOLY CROSS - HC

LeopardFan04
October 9th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Lafayette
Yale
Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross

Fordham
October 9th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Lafayette
Yale
Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross
I'll have what he's having

BobbyMo
October 9th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Harvard
Yale
Cornell
FORDHAM
HOLY CROSS

DFW HOYA
October 9th, 2007, 08:37 PM
This week's picks:

Lafayette at Harvard: Leopards on a roll, takes this one late.

Lehigh at Yale: Engineers not on a roll, Bulldogs pull away.

Colgate at Cornell: The "battle of the crescents" goes to the home team.

Dartmouth at Holy Cross. Purple over Green. Big.

Fordham at Georgetown: When Fordham gets points in this series, they tend to win and no opponent has scored less than 28 on the G-men all season. There's no reason to presume Fordham cannot do the same.

The Hoyas have not scored in the first quarter all season, its offense is ranked 111th of 116 teams, defense is 112th. For more thoughts on the matter, see page 2 of this thread.

ngineer
October 9th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Colgate
Harvard
LehighGeorgetown
HC

This 'yale' ain't a 'lock'....xeekx

Ken_Z
October 10th, 2007, 08:56 AM
You should also check post no. 5 where you were once again referred to with reverence and awe. I would, after all, hate for these shells to remain unexploded.

thank you for the assistance. we are prodding that little land mine attempting to determine the best method for exploding it. we do not want to harm any innocent bystanders. however, hc12 is in the immediately surrounding vicinity of message #5 and certainly seems deserving of a little shrapnel.

on a positive note, i am feeling much better today. the cerebral pruning was a success and the pressure on my skull has been greatly reduced. also, the Bison picked up a second hoops verbal commitment. the opportunity to share this good news with you brightens my day since i know how much you enjoy hearing updates about our hoops team.

carney2
October 10th, 2007, 12:52 PM
the Bison picked up a second hoops verbal commitment. the opportunity to share this good news with you brightens my day since i know how much you enjoy hearing updates about our hoops team.

Noted.

(Yawn.)

Ignored.

blu-bulldog
October 10th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I am new this board,I like the banter. I have watched Yale football ,since
1967.In my opinon,this is the" best conditioned team" I have ever seen.
They exhaust the other team by the 2nd half.They just seem to overtake and dominate.
Yale

bulldog10jw
October 10th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I am new this board,I like the banter. I have watched Yale football ,since
1967.In my opinon,this is the" best conditioned team" I have ever seen.
They exhaust the other team by the 2nd half.They just seem to overtake and dominate.
Yale

They have a lot of depth so they have been able to rotate a lot of players, especially on defense, to stay fresh in the 2nd half of games. I'm not sure they are necessarily better conditioned than any other team.

Welcome to the board. Always nice to see more Yale and Ivy fans.

Rjm7272
October 10th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Lafayette over Harvard
Yale over Lehigh
Colgate over Cornell
Fordham over Georgetown
Holy Cross over Dartmouth

jdb037
October 10th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Hey everyone, new to the board. Huge Bison Football fan. I know it sounds crazy, but I was talking to one of our linebackers and he seemed really excited for the rest of the season so look out for us. The lightning delay halted Bucknell's momentum last Saturday, but look for us to bounce back against Georgetown next weekend.

Lafayette over Harvard
Yale over Lehigh
Cornell over Colgate
Fordham over Georgetown

LehighFan11
October 10th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Harvard
Yale
Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross

bison137
October 10th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Hey everyone, new to the board. Huge Bison Football fan. I know it sounds crazy, but I was talking to one of our linebackers and he seemed really excited for the rest of the season so look out for us. The lightning delay halted Bucknell's momentum last Saturday, but look for us to bounce back against Georgetown next weekend.

Lafayette over Harvard
Yale over Lehigh
Cornell over Colgate
Fordham over Georgetown

Great to see a new Bison fan here. Now only 1/3 of the Bison fans on this board think they're picking basketball games. :)

jdb037
October 10th, 2007, 08:21 PM
The only reason why I found this place was because of your post in the Cohen thread saying something about KenZ and his annual lobotomy. I was curious to see if there were actual Bison football fans out there because they certainly don't come to the games. Glad to see there are at least 3.

Ivytalk
October 10th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Harvard
Yale
Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross

Check!xthumbsupx

TheValleyRaider
October 10th, 2007, 09:00 PM

I don't know what you're talking about, Colgate was all set to drive the field anyway. I'm just thankful the delay didn't mess with our mojo :D

Welcome to the board xthumbsupx

LeopardFan04
October 10th, 2007, 09:29 PM

Lafayette over Harvard
Yale over Lehigh
Cornell over Colgate
Fordham over Georgetown

Welcome jdb!

carney2
October 10th, 2007, 09:35 PM
The only reason why I found this place was because of your post in the Cohen thread saying something about KenZ and his annual lobotomy. I was curious to see if there were actual Bison football fans out there because they certainly don't come to the games. Glad to see there are at least 3.

Oh God, these things are breeding.

ngineer
October 10th, 2007, 09:56 PM

Another 'chip' off the old block?? ;)

Ken_Z
October 11th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Great to see a new Bison fan here. Now only 1/3 of the Bison fans on this board think they're picking basketball games. :)

you've been picking basketball games 137? xconfusedx

Ken_Z
October 11th, 2007, 08:30 AM
The lightning delay halted Bucknell's momentum last Saturday, but look for us to bounce back against Georgetown next weekend.

speaking of the lightning delay, what was up with that? the Colgate fans talk about football being an all weather game and how they are so tough they can play in a foot of snow. then they delay cause of a little lightning in order to break the other teams momentum. sounds like some illegal home cooking going on up there in Hamilton.

Ken_Z
October 11th, 2007, 08:35 AM
The only reason why I found this place was because of your post in the Cohen

carney, let me help you out here. this Cohen thread jdb refers to would be our discussion about our second hoops verbal. i'd provide a link, but i suspect you have already been to our board to devour all the information available on the newest Bison.

carney2
October 11th, 2007, 09:07 AM
carney, i suspect you have already been to our board to devour all the information available on the newest Bison.

I've been saving it for just the right moment.

bison137
October 11th, 2007, 09:22 AM
carney, let me help you out here. this Cohen thread jdb refers to would be our discussion about our second hoops verbal. i'd provide a link, but i suspect you have already been to our board to devour all the information available on the newest Bison.

I suspect Carney has been too busy devouring information on Lafayette's own Jewish recruit - freshman Jared Mintz - who comes from one of the top basketball programs anywhere - the Community Hebrew Academy of Toronto. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere. :)

Fordham
October 11th, 2007, 09:36 AM

xlolx

Lafayette71
October 11th, 2007, 11:47 AM

Your not suppossed to let them get wet. And for God's sakes, whatever you do, DO NOT feed them after midnight.

Rjm7272
October 11th, 2007, 04:57 PM
speaking of the lightning delay, what was up with that? the Colgate fans talk about football being an all weather game and how they are so tough they can play in a foot of snow. then they delay cause of a little lightning in order to break the other teams momentum. sounds like some illegal home cooking going on up there in Hamilton.

Hey, if it was up to me, I would have kept playing through that weather, seeing as I've done it before. A little lightning never hurt anyone, right? xlolx

ColgateTD
October 11th, 2007, 07:24 PM
The refs stopped the game due to the lightning, not the players or coaches. I'm sure they would have continued if they had any say in the matter...

Pard 82
October 11th, 2007, 08:45 PM

To quote Tom Waites (or maybe it was Carney), "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

LAFAYETTE @ Harvard

LEHIGH @ Yale

COLGATE @ Cornell

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN

Dartmouth @ HOLY CROSS

Come the end of the season, after beating that other team in the Lehigh Valley for the 4th straight year, Lafayette will lay claim their 4th straight PL title.

Ken_Z
October 12th, 2007, 08:03 AM
with the cranial procedure now behind me, the visions are becoming clearer again. is it possible to top my 5 for 5 performance (not that we're counting) of last week?

LAFAYETTE 17 @ Harvard 27: well Haavahd is a strong team. well a pretty good team. don't let this minor setback cause you Leopard Loonies to lose faith. that's reserved for another week.

LEHIGH 20 @ Yale 31: bring back Lembo. drop to D3. can't wait to read the Lehigh board after this one.

COLGATE 21 @ Cornell 24: Cornell is better, but this is a rivalry game, at least for Colgate. lightning fails to strike twice, no bailout delay for the Gators this week.

FORDHAM 20 @ GEORGETOWN 7: lowest AI vs. highest AI, so unfair to Georgetown. Fordham actually scores 49, but their athletes for hire run out of fingers and toes to keep a count of their points.

Dartmouth 21 @ HOLY CROSS 35: HC keeps the PL from being shut by the Ivies this week. only a matter of time until they fill Fitton field and resume the crusade to join the Big East.

carney2
October 12th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Maybe the better question is WHY Georgetown isn't making more strides on the field and what the PL is offering (or just as importantly, is not offering) to allow them to improve in that matter.

This piece of your "page 2 of this thread" entry caught my eye. Would be very interested to hear your views on

1. "...what the PL is offering"

and

2. what the PL "...is not offering."

Also, you and LB are the voices of reason for the Hoyas. I would be interested to hear what you, as a knowledgeable and interested alum, would do if you were asked to submit a "5-year plan" to "fix" this. (Perhaps we should start another thread: "Proposed 5-Year Plans for PL Teams," and all 7 could chime in.)

ColgateTD
October 12th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Harvard by 10
Yale by 11
Colgate by 12
Fordham by 25
HC by 24

Looks like a close one between HC and the Leopards, however in the end I think the 'Saders have too much firepower and experience for everyone this season....xbowx

LBPop
October 12th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Also, you and LB are the voices of reason for the Hoyas. I would be interested to hear what you, as a knowledgeable and interested alum, would do if you were asked to submit a "5-year plan" to "fix" this. (Perhaps we should start another thread: "Proposed 5-Year Plans for PL Teams," and all 7 could chime in.)

First, please do not confuse me with DFW with respect to Georgetown knowledge. Last night he forgot more about Georgetown than I will ever know. I have simply had the opportunity to be introduced to Hoya football because my son happens to play there. As for a 5 year plan, I think it's all about money and commitment (perhaps that's redundant). I can offer some insight from a recruit's viewpoint. Georgetown is a wonderful school in an outstanding location, but when a football player gets a look at the facilities he has to wonder if anyone cares. LBKid was promised a new "stadium" before he graduated. He is about to play his next to last home game (xbawlingx ) and at least they got the field turf. And now, the whole project is on hold. It's about more than just "stuff". It's about respect and commitment--kind of like the cliche', "It's not the gift, but the thought that counts." Until Georgetown can show the recruits that it really wants a successful football program, it will always be at a disadvantage and it will always struggle.

Final thought: I have no doubt about the commitment of the AD and the football staff (or the players, for that matter). My concerns go deeper and I will defer to DFW for that.

Fordham
October 12th, 2007, 09:53 AM
This piece of your "page 2 of this thread" entry caught my eye. Would be very interested to hear your views on

1. "...what the PL is offering"

and

2. what the PL "...is not offering."

we'll need this by Monday afternoon, DFW. And none of those triple-space, sized-16-font tricks just to hit the 10 page minimum.

carney2
October 12th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Kid Konsensus is back from his vacation in beautiful downtown Center Valley, PA, the heart of PatsyLand. He is very excited about the real opening of the League season next week when there will be 3 very interesting games, two of which have serious championship and playoff implications, but has consented to look over the Week 7 submissions of this (again) late arriving crowd.

Harvard over LAFAYETTE
Yale over LEHIGH
COLGATE over Cornell
FORDHAM over GEORGETOWN
HOLY CROSS over Dartmouth

The Kid is investigating reports that a lightning strike at the BUCKNELL Buffalo Chip Storage Facility and Alumni Lobotomy Clinic may delay Ken_Z's recovery. One should not take his picks for next weeek seriously (as if we ever do).

carney2
October 12th, 2007, 10:40 AM
we'll need this by Monday afternoon, DFW. And none of those triple-space, sized-16-font tricks just to hit the 10 page minimum.

I stick my tongue out at you, Mr. SmartiePants.

LBPop
October 12th, 2007, 10:41 AM

So now we have an idea of what "Fordham" looks like. Pretty tough teacher...xnodx xlolx ;)

Fordham
October 12th, 2007, 11:22 AM
FORDHAM over GEORGETOWN

nice hedge

Franks Tanks
October 12th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Harvard over Lafayette -- Even though Harvard isnt as good as years past, we should lose on the road.

Yale over Lehigh --Yale is looking good

Colgate over Cornell -- I have no idea here, just picking the PL team

Frodham over G-town -- G-town looking at one win this season

Holy Cross over Dartmouth - As long as half of the crusaders offense doesnt get injured in the expected pre-game brawl they should put up a lot of points and get the win.

CrusaderBob
October 12th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Almost an All-Homer weekend. The Hoya's get the D'oh!

Harvard
Yale
Cornell
Fordham
Holy Cross

DFW HOYA
October 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Fordham over G-town -- G-town looking at one win this season

Who's the one win?

(I wouldn't be so sure about Marist.)

Fordham
October 12th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Almost an All-Homer weekend. The Hoya's get the D'oh!

Harvard
Yale
Cornell
Fordham
Holy Cross

xconfusedx we're not one of your 'homers'? ...

or did you mean to write "Lehigh"?

CrusaderBob
October 12th, 2007, 12:38 PM
xconfusedx we're not one of your 'homers'? ...

or did you mean to write "Lehigh"?

Homer picks in terms of home teams winning - all my picks except Fordham, are home teams this week.

Unfortunately for the PL this week, they are not league homer picks. Sorry for the confusion.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 12th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Add my ring to the hat... er...

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

I am going out on a very strong limb and saying that Fordham will beat Georgetown this weekend.

Now where the h*** is Ken_Z? I have been waiting for his lobotomy picks all day.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 12th, 2007, 03:49 PM
with the cranial procedure now behind me, the visions are becoming clearer again. is it possible to top my 5 for 5 performance (not that we're counting) of last week?

LAFAYETTE 17 @ Harvard 27: well Haavahd is a strong team. well a pretty good team. don't let this minor setback cause you Leopard Loonies to lose faith. that's reserved for another week.

LEHIGH 20 @ Yale 31: bring back Lembo. drop to D3. can't wait to read the Lehigh board after this one.

COLGATE 21 @ Cornell 24: Cornell is better, but this is a rivalry game, at least for Colgate. lightning fails to strike twice, no bailout delay for the Gators this week.

FORDHAM 20 @ GEORGETOWN 7: lowest AI vs. highest AI, so unfair to Georgetown. Fordham actually scores 49, but their athletes for hire run out of fingers and toes to keep a count of their points.

Dartmouth 21 @ HOLY CROSS 35: HC keeps the PL from being shut by the Ivies this week. only a matter of time until they fill Fitton field and resume the crusade to join the Big East.

Whoops!

On an unrelated note, how come every Lafayette fan is picking against the Leopards???? They've impressed me thus far, Harvard not so much.

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2007, 03:58 PM
On an unrelated note, how come every Lafayette fan is picking against the Leopards???? They've impressed me thus far, Harvard not so much.

The same reason they'll always pick Harvard over Lafayette. It's probably going to be right xchinscratchx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Tough week last week in many ways. See what happens tomorrow.

Harvard 24 Lafayette 21: Lafayette has struggled to beat the Crimson is the past. If this game was in Easton i'd go with the Leopards but i'll take the home team but the closest of margins.

Cornell 31 Colgate 21: Colgate is struggling a lot more then expected this year while the Big Red are hanging in there. Similiar to the first game i'll go with the home team in this rivarly game.

Yale 24 Lehigh 17: Lehigh's defense is probably the best Yale will face, unfortunately it's going to take more than that to beat Yale. If Lehigh's offense was playing atleast "decent" i'd consider this a toss-up. But Lehigh has way to many question marks to think they're going to beat the Eli in New Haven. It will be a fight though.

Fordham 35 Georgetown 3: Fordham is solid while the Hoya's are terrible.

Holy Cross 42 Dartmouth 28: Holy doesn't have a bit of defense but does have a great "O". They should be able to outgun Dartmouth.

Fordham
October 12th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Homer picks in terms of home teams winning - all my picks except Fordham, are home teams this week.

Unfortunately for the PL this week, they are not league homer picks. Sorry for the confusion.
ah, makes complete sense - sorry for the confusion and thanks for the explanation.

and Ken, that's a shame. Classless cheap shot imo.

carney2
October 12th, 2007, 08:06 PM
how come every Lafayette fan is picking against the Leopards???? They've impressed me thus far, Harvard not so much.

Editor's Note: Not "every" Lafayette fan has picked "against the Leopards." So far there is one picking the spotted visitors with 3 or 4 "regulars" yet to chime in. If we rephrase "How come most Lafayette fans are picking against the Leopards?" the answer is simply that we've been worn down by history. Besides, after Ken_Z's 5 for 5 last week, we want some of what he's drinking.

Ivytalk
October 12th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Tough week last week in many ways. See what happens tomorrow.

Harvard 24 Lafayette 21: Lafayette has struggled to beat the Crimson is the past. If this game was in Easton i'd go with the Leopards but i'll take the home team but the closest of margins.

Cornell 31 Colgate 21: Colgate is struggling a lot more then expected this year while the Big Red are hanging in there. Similiar to the first game i'll go with the home team in this rivarly game.

Yale 24 Lehigh 17: Lehigh's defense is probably the best Yale will face, unfortunately it's going to take more than that to beat Yale. If Lehigh's offense was playing atleast "decent" i'd consider this a toss-up. But Lehigh has way to many question marks to think they're going to beat the Eli in New Haven. It will be a fight though.

Fordham 35 Georgetown 3: Fordham is solid while the Hoya's are terrible.

Holy Cross 42 Dartmouth 28: Holy doesn't have a bit of defense but does have a great "O". They should be able to outgun Dartmouth.

Why do all you Lehigh guys think you'll come within a jock-sniff of beating Yale? McLeod will run through you guys like a set of new radials on fresh asphalt.xnodx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Why do all you Lehigh guys think you'll come within a jock-sniff of beating Yale? McLeod will run through you guys like a set of new radials on fresh asphalt.xnodx

Lehigh's D is tough, talented and deep. They'll give up yards to Yale but will be tough to score upon. This game will be a battle. It always is.

Lafalumni29
October 12th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Whoops!

I was going to throw in the towel on picking anymore buy I will be the one of the regulars to pick the Leopards. I just think we are much better than we give ourselves credit for. I was tryin not to jinx us. Oh well.

Holy Cross
Fordham
Colgate
Yale - The most lopsided game of the week??

ngineer
October 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Lehigh's D is tough, talented and deep. They'll give up yards to Yale but will be tough to score upon. This game will be a battle. It always is.

Yes, last two game have both gone to OT. I think we'll give Yale a good game, and if we keep it close, who knows...;)

Andy
October 13th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Lafayette
Colgate
Yale
Fordham
HC

Leopard Man
October 13th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Lafayette
Yale
Colgate
Fordham
Holy Cross

Fordham
October 13th, 2007, 05:43 AM
DFW or LBPop (or any Gtown fan) - what the heck happened after the Yale game? We've been raving here about Yale's team being so good that Lehigh is going to have trouble keeping it within 21, keeping it close, etc. and your game v. the Ivy powerhouse had you down only 21 - 14 going into the 4th Q ... AND you guys finished with MORE 1st Downs (23 - 21) and very similar yardage (398 - 372).

Further, you guys were tied 21 - 21 with a strong Stony Brook team in the 3rd Q and only lost by 7. You guys were also a respectable 20 v. 29 on first downs and put up 359 total yards against them.

Then, the wheels fell off at your road opener v. HC in what has to be one of the most lopsided contests in league history. 55 - 0 final score, 33 first downs to 2 and 614 total yards to 65!! After that it's been back-to-back shellackings.

So what happened after Yale? did you guys have some major injuries or what? Did the coaches make some major substitutions to play frosh over seniors? What happened? Definitely baffling.

LehighFan11
October 13th, 2007, 09:27 AM

Lehigh doesnt just roll over to any team. It hasnt happened in years. They will come to play and probably keep it close into the 4th quarter. If Sedale finally wakes up and realizes he is a senior and plays well Lehigh could win. But i'd say something like 31-21 Yale.

PeacockRaider
October 13th, 2007, 09:30 AM
LAFAYETTE @ Harvard...The red sox and Crimson win, they may burn Boston down.
LEHIGH @ Yale...Brown & White invade the Yale bowl, but don't come away with a W
COLGATE @ Cornell...Red is Maroon's ugly step sister xlolx Raiders win a tight rivalry game

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN...Pope Benedict will be watching the battle of The Jesuits. Fordham has been impressive, Georgetown has not.

Dartmouth @ HOLY CROSS... HC wins in Worcester. sp?

carney2
October 14th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Week 7 results are posted in The Lounge.

Also, I have posted the year-to-date results for everyone who has participated thus far, in a separate Lounge thread titled

Patriot League - YTD Results.

I had hoped to do this last week at the season's halfway mark, but day job pressures made it a bad week to open the Complaint Department. No week is good for this, but the during the next few days I may find a minute or two to give deserving souls the verbal finger. Anyway, take a look and see if you agree with Mr. Stats.

Pards Rule
October 14th, 2007, 02:10 PM
DiPaola throws THREE straight intercepts in the fourth quarter?!? Wow first one was returned to LC 22 and resulted in 40 yd FG (defense held I guess!) and then the next one returned 91 yards for TD. Where were we when he threw that one? OUCH!