Same as Last week

SIU
UNI
Montana
NDSU
JMU

PaladinFan
October 7th, 2007, 10:04 AM
someone needs to start throwing love Wofford's way. They just played NCState, Appalachian, Furman and The Citadel in a four game stretch and went 3-1 winning convincingly each time.

DaGriz
October 7th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I'd say we're around 3 or 4 after yesterdays game. I haven't seen NDSU or McNeese play this year but they have to be better then we're playing. I watched SIU play YSU yesterday as well. Those of you that have SIU at 1 and us at 5 obviously haven't watched both teams play and are just looking at final scores. SIU is good but they weren't that impressive. If they are the number one team in the country I feel a lot better about our chances this year.

bcrawf
October 7th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I really don't think there is much doubt that UNI should be #1 right now. Four consecutive road wins including dominating Big XII Iowa State. Here is my top 5 right now....

1- UNI
2- Montana
3- NDSU
4- Wofford
5- McNeese State

Gil Dobie
October 7th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I'd say we're around 3 or 4 after yesterdays game. I haven't seen NDSU or McNeese play this year but they have to be better then we're playing. I watched SIU play YSU yesterday as well. Those of you that have SIU at 1 and us at 5 obviously haven't watched both teams play and are just looking at final scores. SIU is good but they weren't that impressive. If they are the number one team in the country I feel a lot better about our chances this year.

Haven't seen Montana play, but they are undefeated and finished well last year. I've seen SIU and YSU, and many of the top 20 teams on TV at least. Watched the Wofford game yesterday. Still to early to tell on most teams anyway. SIU at UNI will be a determining game coming up.

Zangzigger
October 7th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Do you think that any of these teams could play within 10 points (which UMass did) of #6 in I-A Boston College? Just wondering because that is the only loss UMass has and every other win has been by double digits.

bcrawf
October 7th, 2007, 10:17 AM
But nonetheless it is a loss...

Gil Dobie
October 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Do you think that any of these teams could play within 10 points (which UMass did) of #6 in I-A Boston College? Just wondering because that is the only loss UMass has and every other win has been by double digits.

Yes, but you really can't go by scores. Different coaching styles. Some coaches go for the big score, some run the clock and take the win.

walliver
October 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM

App State might have beaten them.xnodx

X-Factor
October 7th, 2007, 10:37 AM

actually, yes. I think most of the top 5 could make a great game with BC. Stanford just beat USC in LA....any given saturday.

NDSUFREAK
October 7th, 2007, 10:42 AM
1. UNI
2. NDSU
3. SIU
4. App State
5. Montana

McTailGator
October 7th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Same as Last week

SIU
UNI
Montana
NDSU
JMU

McNeese belongs in the Top 5

Gil Dobie
October 7th, 2007, 11:20 AM

They do have a good arguement for the top 5. xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2007, 11:29 AM

Theres more then 5 teams that belong in the top 5

blur2005
October 7th, 2007, 12:02 PM
1. Northern Iowa
2. North Dakota State
3. Wofford
4. Southern Illinois
5. Appalachian State

Montana = FCS's Wisconsin...just wait and see.

patssle
October 7th, 2007, 12:05 PM
McNeese has been more impressive than Montana.

Replace Montana with McNeese.

slostang
October 7th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Top Five:

1) UNI
2) NDSU
3) Wofford
4) SIU
5) App. St.

Have an arguement:

UMASS
McNeese St
Montana

ncman071
October 7th, 2007, 12:09 PM
App State
Montana
Wofford
McNeese State
SIU

DuckDuckGriz
October 7th, 2007, 12:14 PM
1. UNI
2. NDSU
3. UMass
4. Wofford
5. Montana

FargoBison
October 7th, 2007, 12:22 PM
1.UNI
2.NDSU
3.UMASS
4.McNeese St
5.Montana

McDABest
October 7th, 2007, 12:25 PM
1. UNI
2. NDSU
3. UMass
xbowx 4t. McNeesexbowx
4t. App St.

Teams that fall short:
Wofford
SIU

Team that has an argument
Montana

drpnut
October 7th, 2007, 12:28 PM
McDABEst,

Remember Woffy beat App. so they should be tied with you guys at no.4.

Ap is second best team in SoCon

Holla back

BisonBacker
October 7th, 2007, 01:11 PM
someone needs to start throwing love Wofford's way. They just played NCState, Appalachian, Furman and The Citadel in a four game stretch and went 3-1 winning convincingly each time.

Ahh not to take anything away as they certainly deserve consideration but convincingly? I was not at the game but from most accounts of what I've read the game was in doubt up until the end and Appy had a chance in the end to win it. Are you sure you want to use convincingly in your comments?

Peems
October 7th, 2007, 01:23 PM
#1 UNI
#2 NDSU
#3 Montana
#4 SIU
#5 Wofford

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2007, 01:24 PM
#1 UNI
#2 NDSU
#3 Montana
#4 SIU
#5 Wofford

Bingo!

DOME
October 7th, 2007, 01:27 PM
UNI
SIU <--All undefeated...
NDSU
McNeese
Montana

Knocking on the door are:
Wofford
Ap St
UMass

nevadagriz
October 7th, 2007, 01:36 PM
1.ndsu
2.ndsu
3.ndsu
4.uni
5.wofford

rmutv
October 7th, 2007, 01:43 PM
1. Northern Iowa
2. North Dakota State
3. Montana
4. Southern Illinois
5. Wofford

blur2005
October 7th, 2007, 01:51 PM
If you don't have Wofford in your top 5, you're kidding yourself. If you have Montana in your top 5 with what Wofford and others have done in comparison, you're also kidding yourself.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
October 7th, 2007, 01:51 PM
1. UNI
2. NDSU
3. Montana
4. Wofford
5. App State

Montana may have barely beat Eastern Washington but even with their record I think EWU is a good team. They were ranked, although briefly, and watching the game they have some talent.

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I don't know why anyone wouldn't include SIU in their top 5 this week. xconfusedx

August 30 Quincy W 59-14
September 8 at Northern Illinois W 34-31
September 15 at Southern Utah W 44-10
September 22 Arkansas-Pine Bluff W 58-3
September 29 at Indiana State W 72-10
October 6 Youngstown State W 24-17

blur2005
October 7th, 2007, 01:59 PM
I don't know why anyone wouldn't include SIU in their top 5 this week. xconfusedx

August 30 Quincy W 59-14
Agreed. Southern Illinois is my number 4.

Saint3333
October 7th, 2007, 02:51 PM

August 30 Quincy W 59-14

That NUI win lost some luster after Temple beat them yesterday.

KAUMASS
October 7th, 2007, 02:51 PM
#1.Tie- Montana
#1.Tie- UMass
#1.Tie-UNI
#1.Tie-NDSU
#1.Tie-App. State
#6. JMU
#7. Southern Illinois
#8. Wofford
#9. McNeese St.
#10. Youngstown St.

There is no clear #1, and I did not rank the tie in any specific order.
Say what you want about Montana's schedule. Montana will make it at least to the quarters if they win the Big Sky. No one will want to draw Montana in the playoffs. Northern Iowa has a powerhouse team this year. An awesome win against Iowa St, but Iowa St is ranked 109 in FBS and FCS combined. NDSU crushed Central Michigan. Too bad there not playoff eligible. UMass-only loss to BC by 10, #6 FBS, reigning FCS runner ups from last year. App. State, lost to a excellent Wofford team and beat Michigan.

Personally, I won't get too nitty-gritty on the top 5 until November. There are some excellent games to be played yet and things should shake out by then. If these teams continue on the same path, the playoffs will be smoking...

Peems
October 7th, 2007, 02:58 PM
If you don't have Wofford in your top 5, you're kidding yourself. If you have Montana in your top 5 with what Wofford and others have done in comparison, you're also kidding yourself.

So if you have both in your top 5 what does that mean?xeyebrowx

SeattleGriz
October 7th, 2007, 03:13 PM
So if you have both in your top 5 what does that mean?xeyebrowx

You would be kidding yourself, but then you wouldn't be kidding yourself, so it is awash. And therefore, is the correct placement of teams.

Simple.

AggieFinn
October 7th, 2007, 03:14 PM
1. UNI
2. NDSU
3. SIU
4. App State
5. Montana

ditto.

Peems
October 7th, 2007, 03:19 PM
You would be kidding yourself, but then you wouldn't be kidding yourself, so it is awash. And therefore, is the correct placement of teams.

Simple.

Gotchaxlolxxlolx

Grizaholic17
October 7th, 2007, 03:22 PM
#1 UNI
#2 NDSU
#3 Montana
#4 SIU
#5 Wofford

I like this, Except switch the 4 and 5 a little so it looks like this...

#1 UNI
#2 NDSU
#3 Montana
#4 Wofford
#5 Mcneese State

Eaglegus2
October 7th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Here are the Teams that I have in my Top 6............they aren't in order.xlolx

N.Iowa
McNeese
Wofford
Montana
James Madison
Wofford

WoCoTerrier
October 7th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Ahh not to take anything away as they certainly deserve consideration but convincingly? I was not at the game but from most accounts of what I've read the game was in doubt up until the end and Appy had a chance in the end to win it. Are you sure you want to use convincingly in your comments?

Wofford was up by 4 and ASU had the ball within their own 20 around 2 mins. left. They failed to convert on 4th down. I understand that they could have taken the lead with a TD, but they had a long way to go, and were unable to really do anything, so I don't know how much of a chance that really was.

Khan4Cats
October 7th, 2007, 03:33 PM
What about Hofstra? They are unbeaten and, along with North Dakota State, the only team still capable of reaching 11 D-I wins. I'll admit I don't know much about them. Is it smoke and mirrors right now or are they just sailing under the radar?

Col Hogan
October 7th, 2007, 03:37 PM
What about Hofstra? They are unbeaten and, along with North Dakota State, the only team still capable of reaching 11 D-I wins. I'll admit I don't know much about them. Is it smoke and mirrors right now or are they just sailing under the radar?

Hofstra is for real. And we end the season in their house on November 17...

That is shaping up to be a great match!!!!!

DaGriz
October 7th, 2007, 04:22 PM
We keep winning and keep dropping in some peoples polls. Do we move up if we lose?:D

Mountain Panther
October 7th, 2007, 04:33 PM
We keep winning and keep dropping in some peoples polls. Do we move up if we lose?:D

Oh, I dunno, win more convincingly? ;)

Sam Adams
October 7th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Here are the Teams that I have in my Top 6............they aren't in order.xlolx

N.Iowa
McNeese
Wofford
Montana
James Madison
Wofford

Wow you have Wofford in there twice - they must be one helluva a team. xsmiley_wix

AppGirl
October 7th, 2007, 04:49 PM

N.Iowa
McNeese
Wofford
Montana
James Madison
Wofford

So Wofford gets two spots?xconfusedx

Saint3333
October 7th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Wofford was up by 4 and ASU had the ball within their own 20 around 2 mins. left. They failed to convert on 4th down. I understand that they could have taken the lead with a TD, but they had a long way to go, and were unable to really do anything, so I don't know how much of a chance that really was.

First off I congratulated Wofford for being the better team that day and take nothing away from those guys on that day.

However, "Unable to really do anything", let's not get crazy. A banged up ASU team scored 31 that day so something was working. ASU has scored many times over the past two years in two minutes or less.

ASU is the last team Wofford wants to see come playoff time, and I really hope we get that chance.

WoCoTerrier
October 7th, 2007, 05:04 PM
First off I congratulated Wofford for being the better team that day and take nothing away from those guys on that day.

However, "Unable to really do anything", let's not get crazy. A banged up ASU team scored 31 that day so something was working. ASU has scored many times over the past two years in two minutes or less.

ASU is the last team Wofford wants to see come playoff time, and I really hope we get that chance.

Umm.. unable to really do anything is pretty accurate, b/c ASU didn't do anything. I was only talking about that last drive, a drive on which, they did nothing.

And I'm pretty sure ASU doesn't want to see Wofford in the playoffs either.

Saint3333
October 7th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Umm.. unable to really do anything is pretty accurate, b/c ASU didn't do anything. I was only talking about that last drive, a drive on which, they did nothing.

Hindsight is 20/20 at that point in time I doubt you were so confident.

You are sadly mistaken, me personally I'd love another shot at Wofford, just like in 2005 when we got Furman. Do you seriously think the players don't want that too? We know what we get with Wofford. It is extremely difficult to beat a good team twice. Wofford was the better team that day, but ASU will be the better team come December. We are sooo young on the defensive line and is getting better every game.

WoCoTerrier
October 7th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Hindsight is 20/20 at that point in time I doubt you were so confident.

You are sadly mistaken, me personally I'd love another shot at Wofford, just like in 2005 when we got Furman. Do you seriously think the players don't want that too? We know what we get with Wofford. It is extremely difficult to beat a good team twice. Wofford was the better team that day, but ASU will be the better team come December. We are sooo young on the defensive line and is getting better every game.

I'm sure you're getting better every game, and we must be getting worse, of course. We know what we get with ASU. And we will be a better team come December.

Saint3333
October 7th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Don't put words in my mouth. I'm sure Wofford is getting better, but not at the rate ASU's much younger team is. We play 3 defensive linemen and 1 LB that were playing in highschool this time last year. There is a learning curve which is very steep in the beginning of a college career. Most of Wofford's players are Jr. and Sr. and are likely much closer to their peak potential than ASU's freshman and redshirt freshman.

Wofford injury free will be better in December, but I don't think they will have improved as fast as ASU, I hope we get a chance to see.xpeacex

ASUG8
October 7th, 2007, 06:13 PM

You BARELY won yesterday to a less than stellar team. Your strength of schedule is hurting you, not your record.

I think the Terriers deserve top 5 consideration, and if you don't believe it, wait until you play them at home in the playoffs. They are for real.

I also believe for the Apps the old Monty Python saying "I'm not dead yet" :) We still have a shot at winning out the season, and we're going to hand BYE it's a$$.

Oh, why don't you try an experiment and lose a couple of games and see if you improve. I'm curious too.......j/k

james_lawfirm
October 7th, 2007, 07:05 PM

I was at the Wofford game. The Terriers played a great game. ASU lost & that's behind us. I personally thought the only SoCon team with a good chance to beat Wofford now was The Citadel. The Terriers took care of them yesterday. OK, fine.

One possible scenario now for the season is both Wofford & ASU win out. Both make the playoffs. Who gets seeded? I don't know but ASU has 1) higher attendance; 2) a win over Michigan; & 3) 2 Nat'l Champ. trophies. Wofford has (under this hypo) 1) the SoCon title & 2) a win over ASU. The GPI will probably show both teams VERY close together.

In my biased view, ASU gets the higher seed. WHICH MEANS: A REMATCH IN BOONE!!! Yes.

And I can guarantee that to a man, the Mountaineers would love another shot at the Terriers. It's hard to beat a good team twice in the same season. Just ask Furman.

umassfan
October 7th, 2007, 07:11 PM
How does UMass go from being in everyones top 5 to not within one week when they didnt play? Thats a funny question. Guess you all are clueless... exp with bc now being 4th in the FBC.

swaghook
October 7th, 2007, 07:22 PM
#1 UNI
#2 NDSU
#3 UMass
#4 SIU
TIE #5 McNeese and Wofford

Maroon&White
October 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM
How does UMass go from being in everyones top 5 to not within one week when they didnt play? Thats a funny question. Guess you all are clueless... exp with bc now being 4th in the FBC.

Bye beat them 45-7

Peems
October 7th, 2007, 07:25 PM

I have undefeated teams in mine that is why. I guess when I rethink it I might move SIU out and UMass in, but it doesn't seem like that big of deal. Plus ASU is not in a lot of people's top 5 and they beat a FBS team.

umassfan
October 7th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I have undefeated teams in mine that is why. I guess when I rethink it I might move SIU out and UMass in, but it doesn't seem like that big of deal. Plus ASU is not in a lot of people's top 5 and they beat a FBS team.

Yes but BC is alot better the UM and also App has a FCS loss.

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2007, 07:36 PM
UNI can have #1 (until Saturday).
:D

GeauxColonels
October 7th, 2007, 07:50 PM
GeauxColonels's Top 5 - Week 6
1] North Dakota St.
2] Montana
3] Southern Illinois
4] Northern Iowa
5] Wofford

Same as last week for me; Teams in waiting:
6] McNeese St.
7] Appalachian St.
8] Massachusetts

Hansel
October 7th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Yes but BC is alot better the UM and also App has a FCS loss.

Sagarin says BC 14, Mich 40

BC 38, Wake 28 (at BC, Wake 3-2)
BC 37, NC St 17 (at BC, NC St 1-5)
BC 24, Ga Tech 10 (at GT, GT 3-3)
BC 37, Army 17 (at BC, Army 3-3)
BC 24, UMass 14 (At BC)
BC 55, Bowling Green 24 (at BC, BG 3-2)

They have a good record- but have not played any current top 25 teams, definetly a top 25 team, but are currently in the top 5 by default

Eaglegus2
October 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM

Simple.

This would be offsetting kidding yourself's. Still, 1st down..........:D

mainejeff
October 7th, 2007, 08:07 PM
1. UNI
2. NDSU
3. UMass
4. Wofford
5. Montana

Ding ding ding.

proasu89
October 7th, 2007, 08:52 PM
McDABEst,

Remember Woffy beat App. so they should be tied with you guys at no.4.
Ap is second best team in SoCon
Holla back

Food for thought here Mr. George Washington Carver,

I think the premise of this thread is to state what each of us think. Otherwise the title of the thread would read drpnuts' top 5xpeacex

By the way, Adrian Peterson was great, but he was not the second best team in the SoConxsmiley_wix

AlphaSigMD
October 7th, 2007, 09:04 PM
1. Northern Iowa
2. North Dakota State
3. Wofford
4. Southern Illinois
5. Appalachian State

Montana = FCS's Wisconsin...just wait and see.

I agree 100%, and I nearly posted the same thing yesterday. Montana is likely outside the top 10 teams in the country.

Perhaps its because "their 2nd and 3rd teams were on the field" the whole game against their 1st 3 opponents. Perhaps they should take the field against the rest of the big sky, because the 1st team has not been the impressive.

Peems
October 7th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I agree 100%, and I nearly posted the same thing yesterday. Montana is likely outside the top 10 teams in the country.

Perhaps its because "their 2nd and 3rd teams were on the field" the whole game against their 1st 3 opponents. Perhaps they should take the field against the rest of the big sky, because the 1st team has not been the impressive.

Have the Griz really gotten that bad that quick?

Retro
October 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Some of you guys must not look very far outside your conference, or at the quality of competition...

Wofford is not a top 5 with 1 loss instead of any of the unbeatens.. All the unbeatens except montana have an FBS win and dominant wins for most of their games... Wofford loss to a bad NCST team, while Mcneese, SIU, UNI and NDSU all beat bad FBS teams for the most part.. You can't just look at Wofford's win over app as the clincher in ranking them above these other teams.. In fact the UMASS loss would put them ahead of an unbeaten before i would put app state or wofford above them...

Top 5:

UNI
SIU
Mcneese
NDSU
Montana

GeauxColonels
October 7th, 2007, 09:17 PM
An FBS win doesn't automatically shoot a team up my poll. A win over Appalachian State is much more impressive, in my opinion, than a win over UL-L.

woffordgrad94
October 7th, 2007, 09:20 PM
any top 5 not containing Wofford needs to be ignored

RabidRabbit
October 7th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Some of you guys must not look very far outside your conference, or at the quality of competition...

Wofford is not a top 5 with 1 loss instead of any of the unbeatens.. All the unbeatens except montana have an FBS win and dominant wins for most of their games... Wofford loss to a bad NCST team, while Mcneese, SIU, UNI and NDSU all beat bad FBS teams for the most part.. You can't just look at Wofford's win over app as the clincher in ranking them above these other teams.. In fact the UMASS loss would put them ahead of an unbeaten before i would put app state or wofford above them...

Top 5:

UNI
SIU
Mcneese
NDSU
Montana

I believe that Montana is facing a weak BSC this year. Only Montana & MT St. appears to be able to have a chance at an at-large if don't win the BSC. No other team appears to have a chance to knock off the Griz/Bobcats this year. Yes App St. lost to Wofford, but they also won at Michigan.....SO top 5 are:

UNI
NDSU
McNeese
SIU
App St.

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Retro
October 7th, 2007, 09:26 PM
An FBS win doesn't automatically shoot a team up my poll. A win over Appalachian State is much more impressive, in my opinion, than a win over UL-L.

Yes, it is impressive, but a loss to lowly NCST is not.. That's my point, not the win over app state.. People seem to forget that.. Like i said before, you can't just ignore a loss to a bad FBS team, when other teams have beaten the same quality of FBS teams and are have just as convincing victories elsewhere.. xnonox

umassfan
October 7th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I guess its a case of out of sight out of mind. xconfusedx

proasu89
October 7th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Yes, it is impressive, but a loss to lowly NCST is not.. That's my point, not the win over app state.. People seem to forget that.. Like i said before, you can't just ignore a loss to a bad FBS team, when other teams have beaten the same quality of FBS teams and are have just as convincing victories elsewhere.. xnonox

In Wofford's defense, we lost to a bad (3-8) NC State team last year and you know how we fared. (15-1)

GeauxColonels
October 7th, 2007, 09:38 PM

Again, in my opinion, NC State is better than UL-L.

What has impressed me about Wofford are the 2 wins AFTER Appalachian State. Wins @ Furman and @ The Citadel just confirm my feeling that they are one of the top 5 teams in the country right now. McNeese State is right behind them at six as they really haven't even been in a close game...which is a tribute to the dominance of the team.

Personally, I'm not completely sold on UNI and Montana and would be more likely to move either of those 2 down before moving Wofford (assuming they all continue to win). I actually moved Montana down from #1 last week after the Griz won.

DOME
October 7th, 2007, 09:48 PM
A loss is a loss the last time I checked which is why my top five are all undefeated...

Appaholic
October 7th, 2007, 09:51 PM
1- UNI
2- Umass
3- NDSU
4- Wofford
5- App St

For what it's worth......

5(b,c,d) = SIU, Montana, McNeese

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 7th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Just for grins.........since NDSU is not elgible for the playoffs....eliminate them from the top 5 to open up another spot.

umassfan
October 7th, 2007, 10:57 PM
A loss is a loss the last time I checked which is why my top five are all undefeated...

A loss is not a loss... thats why your opinion is a bad one.

FCS Go!
October 7th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Same as the old top 5:

1. N. Iowa
2. UMass
3. S. Illionois
4. NDSU
5. App St

Seven Would Be Nice
October 7th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Same as the old top 5:

1. N. Iowa
2. UMass
3. S. Illionois
4. NDSU
5. App St

You have App without Wofford, even after they lost in the head to head?

Interesting. xcoffeex

Go Bison
October 7th, 2007, 11:10 PM
1. Northern Iowa
2. North Dakota State
3. Montana
4. Southern Illinois
5. Wofford

This is also how I would rank them.

FCS Go!
October 7th, 2007, 11:11 PM
You have App without Wofford, even after they lost in the head to head?

Interesting. xcoffeex

I'm not convinced Wofford would win @ App or even @ a neutral field. I put'em at #6 though.

MSUfan2010
October 7th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I'm not convinced Wofford would win @ App or even @ a neutral field. I put'em at #6 though.

My thoughts exactly.

BigApp
October 7th, 2007, 11:37 PM

it's certainly worth a shot, give it the ol' college try! xlolx xsmiley_wix xlolx

BDKJMU
October 7th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Here's my top 5:
1. Who gives a sh%t
2. This is a complete waste of time
3. To be worrying about meaningless rankings
4. (esp human polls by themselves) In early Oct
5. Wait till Nov.

xlolx xnodx

NDSUFREAK
October 7th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Just for grins.........since NDSU is not elgible for the playoffs....eliminate them from the top 5 to open up another spot.

ok. lets do that.

spelunker64
October 8th, 2007, 08:45 AM
1. NDSU
2. UNI
3. SIU
4. UMass
5. App St

Montana, McNeese, Wofford are all right there as well...

andy7171
October 8th, 2007, 08:49 AM
1- UNI
2- NDSU
3- JMU
4- Wofford
5- UMass
Montana, McNeese St, So.Ill, ASU, YSU

Dukie95
October 8th, 2007, 09:05 AM

They're having a great season, but they're probably the 3rd or 4th, maybe 5th best CAA team right now. Their matchups with UMass and UNH loom large.

With some leaving out UMass entirely now, I'm not sure how Hofstra could sniff anyone's top 5 at this point.

montanafan
October 8th, 2007, 09:50 AM
OK, everyone of you out there even some of the Griz faithful are beatting up on the Griz. So, with that amount of love the Griz will almost certainly stay in the top 5 all year just because everyone loves to hate them and if they fall out then no one will have anyone to complain about. With that being said, I think I can speak for a lot of Griz fans. There is only one team in the FCS that I am concerned about and they are not a factor this year. That is NDSU. They have come on the seen like a steam roller and have just flat out beat every team they have played. I give them #1 and all the rest of you can just follow the leader right behind Montana. xpeacex

Appdad
October 8th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Here's my top 5:
1. Who gives a sh%t
2. This is a complete waste of time
3. To be worrying about meaningless rankings
4. (esp human polls by themselves) In early Oct
5. Wait till Nov.

xlolx xnodx

BDK,

So you would rather we go shopping with our wives?

wocorebel
October 8th, 2007, 10:54 AM
People really need to have Wofford in there top 5 if not top three. They do have one lose which stinks but people keeping talking about Armanti Edwards at App and say that they would have beat Wofford with him. We took him out, they had him and they brought in Trey Elder who is just as good. Throws a better ball. Wofford lost to NCState without Josh Collier who is our starting QB and Ben Widmeyer fumbled the ball a coeuple of times in the game which turned out to be the difference. Josh is head and shoulders better than Ben. A healthy Wofford which they are right now even without Tavani is a better team then App, Montana, and UNI. I am still unsure about NDSU, they might be better but I haven't seen them play.

01pantherfan
October 8th, 2007, 11:14 AM
1 UNI

01pantherfan
October 8th, 2007, 11:15 AM
1 UNI
2 NDSU
3 SIU
4 McNeese
T4 Wofford
5 UMAss

looking in
6 App St.
7 Montana

james_lawfirm
October 8th, 2007, 11:20 AM
People really need to have Wofford in there top 5 if not top three. They do have one lose which stinks but people keeping talking about Armanti Edwards at App and say that they would have beat Wofford with him. We took him out, they had him and they brought in Trey Elder who is just as good. Throws a better ball. Wofford lost to NCState without Josh Collier who is our starting QB and Ben Widmeyer fumbled the ball a coeuple of times in the game which turned out to be the difference. Josh is head and shoulders better than Ben. A healthy Wofford which they are right now even without Tavani is a better team then App, Montana, and UNI. I am still unsure about NDSU, they might be better but I haven't seen them play.

I agree Wofford is a top 5 team. Who are these "people" who say things? Never met 'em. Wofford played a great game against ASU. Whether they remain better by the end of the year remains to be seen. Personally, I am hoping for a rematch up in Boone in November.

FTR, Wofford is better than Montana (based on SOS) & App based on 1 game. Doubtful about UNI - they look pretty darn good.

putter
October 8th, 2007, 11:23 AM
1. NDSU
2. UNI
3. UMass
4. Wofford
5. App. St

6. S. Illinois
7. Montana

JohnStOnge
October 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM

I haven't seen them play but they were playing at Youngstown State; which was regarded as a top 10 team going in. I mean, think about it: Montana barely got by a good but unranked team at home...while being outgained 565 to 289 in total offense...while Southern Illinois beat a top 10 team on the road (while also winning the Statistical battle).

I didn't see either game, but it's hard for me to see how watching both of them would've done anything other than make me think Southern Illinois had a more impressive performance. I mean, among other things, Southern Illinois rushed for 207 yards at 5 yards per pop against a team that had to that point given up averages of 92.6 yards per game and 3.1 yards per carry in spite of having played Ohio State (which rushed for 147 yards and 3.6 yards per carry against the Penguins).

JohnStOnge
October 8th, 2007, 11:41 AM
1 UNI
2 NDSU
3 SIU
4 McNeese
T4 Wofford
5 UMAss

looking in
6 App St.
7 Montana

The problem with rating McNeese is that they haven't played anybody with a winning record. Portland State is looking pretty decent right now but McNeese played them in Glanville's first game so it's hard to tell. Louisiana Lafayette may be comparable to a playoff caliber team but it's hard to tell on that as well.

McNeese hasn't won any game by fewer than 21 points but the schedule so far leaves the question of how they'd do against a team that's clearly a playoff caliber FCS open.

Saluki_man
October 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I haven't seen them play but they were playing at Youngstown State; which was regarded as a top 10 team going in. I mean, think about it: Montana barely got by a good but unranked team at home...while being outgained 565 to 289 in total offense...while Southern Illinois beat a top 10 team on the road (while also winning the Statistical battle).

I didn't see either game, but it's hard for me to see how watching both of them would've done anything other than make me think Southern Illinois had a more impressive performance. I mean, among other things, Southern Illinois rushed for 207 yards at 5 yards per pop against a team that had to that point given up averages of 92.6 yards per game and 3.1 yards per carry in spite of having played Ohio State (which rushed for 147 yards and 3.6 yards per carry against the Penguins).

I agree with everything that you said, but I have to correct you on one thing though, the game was in Carbondale not in Youngstown.

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2007, 07:55 PM

Shux!

Bring on the Buckeyes!

xsmiley_wix

MSU_77
October 9th, 2007, 03:38 PM
OK, I'll play.

1. UNI
1. NDSU (tie)
3. McNeese
4. Wofford
5. App. State

JohnStOnge
October 9th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I agree with everything that you said, but I have to correct you on one thing though, the game was in Carbondale not in Youngstown.

Sure enough. Still a more impressive performance than what Montana had against EWU though. Doesn't prove SIU is better. But it was a more impressive performance.