PDA

View Full Version : Hey Wofford fans...any word on Tavani?

Pard94
October 7th, 2007, 08:09 AM
All of the Lafayette coverage this morning is reporting that Dan Tavani may have suffered a career ending knee injury yesterday. Dan is the son of Lafayette HC Frank Tavani. There were commenting that Frank had to coach our game knowing his son was pretty badly hurt. Any word on how Dan is doing? I remember Dan shagging punts at our Friday practices when he was no more than eight years old. You could tell he was a hell of an athlete even back then. I hope he is alright.

Franks Tanks
October 7th, 2007, 09:18 AM
All of the Lafayette coverage this morning is reporting that Dan Tavani may have suffered a career ending knee injury yesterday. Dan is the son of Lafayette HC Frank Tavani. There were commenting that Frank had to coach our game knowing his son was pretty badly hurt. Any word on how Dan is doing? I remember Dan shagging punts at our Friday practices when he was no more than eight years old. You could tell he was a hell of an athlete even back then. I hope he is alright.

Thats terrible news, Dan was playing great and helping to lead Wofford to a great year.

walliver
October 7th, 2007, 10:15 AM
The preliminary report is an ACL injury (probably end of his career), but he won't get his MRI until Monday (we're hoping for a better report)

Eyes of Old Main
October 7th, 2007, 10:30 AM
TV said MCL yesterday, but that's essentially the same. Hopefully, that will prove not to be the case. Under any circumstance, it is a bad situation for Dan and a terrible loss for Wofford.

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2007, 08:24 AM
So sorry to hear this...Is he a senior?

dungeonjoe
October 8th, 2007, 08:42 AM
So sorry to hear this...Is he a senior?

yes

terrierbob
October 8th, 2007, 08:56 AM
He's described as the QB for the defense-inspirational.

Appdad
October 8th, 2007, 09:57 AM

That is just terrible for this kid!
Boy, you can tell he has coaching in his blood!
He will be a good one if that is what he decides to do!

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2007, 09:59 AM
That is just terrible for this kid!
Boy, you can tell he has coaching in his blood!
He will be a good one if that is what he decides to do!

I can see him as a defensive secondary coach in Easton, PA in the near future :)

Eyes of Old Main
October 8th, 2007, 10:24 AM
I can see him as a defensive secondary coach in Easton, PA in the near future :)

No way... Same job, but in Spartanburg...

Appdad
October 8th, 2007, 10:30 AM
No way... Same job, but in Spartanburg...

....depends if blood is truly thicker than water... lol

more to the point it may depend on which is closer to the hometown of the (maybe future) significant other... lol

SoCon48
October 8th, 2007, 10:48 AM
I sincerely hate this happened to this young man, but if it had to, why couldn't it have happened before the ASU game????? ;)
He is one heck of an athlete.

asu70
October 8th, 2007, 11:02 AM

I've seen him play twice and he was great in both of those games. Injuries have been numerous at App this year, but I think good teams like WC and ASU have enough talent to overcome them.

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I sincerely hate this happened to this young man, but if it had to, why couldn't it have happened before the ASU game????? ;)
He is one heck of an athlete.

Can you imagine that we probably would be better than the current 9 points allowed with him patrolling the secondary. Be still my heart!

ngineer
October 8th, 2007, 12:58 PM

Yes, the Red Rovers DC is approaching retirement..;)

Pards Rule
October 8th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Yes, the Red Rovers DC is approaching retirement..;)

You're free Friday nights aren't ya?? xsmiley_wix

walliver
October 14th, 2007, 11:41 PM
He may be back if we make the play-offs

link here (http://www.goupstate.com/article/20071014/NEWS/710140334/1018/SPORTS)