PDA

View Full Version : FCS Recap: Welcome To The Big Leagues <---CSN

CSN-info
October 7th, 2007, 07:39 AM
FCS Recap: Welcome To The Big Leagues
Charles Burton, CSN Columnist

Teams in the “Big Leagues” took center stage this week as four marquee matchups in the Gateway, SoCon, Colonial and Big Sky tested the mettle of four squads from these powerful conferences.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=88019

DetroitFlyer
October 7th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Not much of a recap.... What happened to the PFL, NEC and MAAC?

CSN-info
October 7th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Not much of a recap.... What happened to the PFL, NEC and MAAC?Why not write the author and ask? Note the title of the article.

DetroitFlyer
October 7th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah, that FCS Recap is really hard to figure out.... I'm also reasonably certain that the author reads this board.

blur2005
October 7th, 2007, 01:58 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
As CSInfo said, note the title of the article.

R.A.
October 7th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Yeah, that FCS Recap is really hard to figure out.... I'm also reasonably certain that the author reads this board.

I expected any respectable FCS journalist to read a majority of the FCS boards.

You always want to be as informed as possible before you write, and sometimes the fans are the ones that fill in the holes of information for the writers.

Gotta do your research...

DetroitFlyer
October 10th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Here is what a real "FCS Recap" Looks Like:

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=819

And just to aid you further, "Recap" is short for "recapitulate"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/recapitulate

"to review by a brief summary, as at the end of a speech or discussion; summarize."

If you are going to title an article as "FCS Recap" that infers that you plan to summarize all of FCS, not only your favorite conferences!

Glad to have been of service!

UAalum72
October 10th, 2007, 07:40 AM
There's one sentence each for Dayton, Iona, and CCSU in the 'not-so-minor leagues' paragraph. Just enough to show that they know they're there, but not worthy of more attention.

DetroitFlyer
October 10th, 2007, 07:54 AM
In fairness, I did not even notice the small mention of the PFL, NEC and MAAC teams.... Had I noticed them, I would not have been "happy" but I would not have complained either.... Just as a sanity check, are we sure that this paragraph appeared in the original article? If someone can confirm that, I owe a certain writer a bit of an apology....:o

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2007, 08:52 AM
In fairness, I did not even notice the small mention of the PFL, NEC and MAAC teams.... Had I noticed them, I would not have been "happy" but I would not have complained either.... Just as a sanity check, are we sure that this paragraph appeared in the original article? If someone can confirm that, I owe a certain writer a bit of an apology....:o

I can say with certainty that those mentions were in there... xnodx

The theme was "big victories" and the mentions were related to the blowouts in these league games. In all three games, either an outstanding unit or an outstanding player was singled out. You could quibble that there's only one sentence for each team, but a #2/3 NDSU got a whopping two sentences for their league win.

DetroitFlyer
October 10th, 2007, 09:09 AM
LFN:

You have my sincere apologies! I will read more closely in the future and work to not be so hasty in jumping to conclusions. As they used to say, ( and maybe they still do ), in Kentucky, "My Bad!!" :o

MACHIAVELLI
October 10th, 2007, 09:53 AM
SWAC HITTERS

Power hitting Grambling State shut out Mississippi Valley State 40-0 as Tiger quarterback Brandon Landers would pass for 185 yards and two touchdowns, while adding one on the ground. It would be Grambling State’s biggest shutout victory over the Delta Devils since they beat them 68-0 in 1967.

Actually THE ICON beat the school currently named Mississippi Valley 93-0.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Actually THE ICON beat the school currently named Mississippi Valley 93-0.

That's right, but that was before 1967. I wasn't sure about MVSU's name before then, so I just mentioned that it was their biggest shutout victory over MVSU since 1967.