PDA

View Full Version : Squeakers and Top Ranking

GrizzlyBill
October 7th, 2007, 01:07 AM
The Griz should enjoy being #1, it may not keep. We are missing spark in some cylinders. The offensive line appears to be our weak point on the field, although the defensive secondary was a bit pourass today, and the pass rush was less than effective until very late — just in the nick of time.

The officiating may have been bad in this game, but how often do we hear that every week? I thought the worst zebras were in the SoCon, or is it the Gateway? Oh, it's the Big Sky.

Like local TV weather persons, the good refs move up to the big time.

I do like how people say "every team we face brings their "A game."

This Griz team does have a lot of talent and a lot of heart, but we need to realize that we don't have a monopoly on talent, heart, or coaching in FCS football, and there are a Hell of a lot of other very good teams this year. I don't think we are quite ready yet for December and the likes of UNI, McNeese, AppSt, etc. Hopefully we can get better in some key areas pretty damn fast.

A lot of people keep blasting us for having so many home games in the "friendly confines." They have a point. However, I do believe getting out on the road will be a welcome relief for the team. Look for it to spark those missing cylinders.