PDA

View Full Version : Santos: "I'll be fine"

UNHWildCats
October 6th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Durham – Ricky Santos stayed around long enough after he got hurt late in the second period to congratulate his replacement, R.J. Toman, and the offense for getting the ball into the end zone.

Then it was off to the locker room for medical attention on his right shoulder.

After the game, Santos said his shoulder with its sprained anterior cruciate was a little sore.

"I'll be OK," he said. "I'll be fine." Santos came out and threw a little before halftime ended and said he was cleared to play, if necessary.

"But they said I was probably better off if I didn't," he said. "They didn't want me to hurt it worse." Santos has been banged up some the last few weeks and Toman has had a chance to take a lot of snaps with the first team and that probably helped when he was pressed into duty yesterday, coach Sean McDonnell said.

Both Santos and McDonnell raved about the job Toman did in the 35-30 win.

Santos said that how well he practices this week will determine if he plays next Saturday in UNH's Homecoming game against Iona.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Santos+says+he%27ll+be+OK%2c +could+have+returned&articleId=4390d2e5-72fc-4245-bfe8-96082f0c4d3d

Mr. C
October 6th, 2007, 11:28 PM
I would be surprised to see Ricky play against Iona. Bet they will sit him out of that one and let Toman get some more work.

UNHWildCats
October 6th, 2007, 11:31 PM
I would be surprised to see Ricky play against Iona. Bet they will sit him out of that one and let Toman get some more work.

I agree. No reason for him to play unless UNH is losing in the 4th qtr and theres a better chance of Notre Dame winning the BCS Championship this year xlolx xlolx

Pageoner
October 6th, 2007, 11:36 PM
yeah, Iona is horrible.
last game i saw was like 56-0 in 2005.

Grizo406
October 6th, 2007, 11:53 PM
I think Santos and Edwards are the best QB's in the FCS!

I'll give the edge to Santos, simply because it appears that he has an anterior cruciate ligament in his shoulder.xwhistlex

JayJ79
October 7th, 2007, 12:09 AM
simply because it appears that he has an anterior cruciate ligament in his shoulder.xwhistlex

I was wondering about that too. Though I'm no doctor, nor any sort of expert on the anatomy (well, at least not shoulder anatomy).

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 7th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I agree. No reason for him to play unless UNH is losing in the 4th qtr and theres a better chance of Notre Dame winning the BCS Championship this year xlolx xlolx

That's the same thing Marshall was saying about their QB situation a couple weeks back.xwhistlex

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2007, 12:27 PM
That's the same thing Marshall was saying about their QB situation a couple weeks back.xwhistlex

Iona in Durham dont even come within a million miles of UNH at Marshall

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 7th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Iona in Durham dont even come within a million miles of UNH at Marshall

I dare you to say that to Coach Macxlolx xlolx xlolx

UNHWildCats
October 7th, 2007, 12:35 PM
no thanks, I dont want the defensive line being sent after me xlolx xlolx xlolx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 7th, 2007, 12:58 PM

No kidding!! I assume you heard Coach Mac's talk at the 5th Quarter event yesterday! When he spoke, he already knew that Iona was 5-1 and that they won big that afternoon. He's prepping for this game exactly like it is Marshall versus UNH with the Wildcats in the Herd's shoes this time.

CSN-info
October 7th, 2007, 01:13 PM
OUCH!
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/2007/road/20071006UDUNH/index.htm

JackTwice
October 7th, 2007, 01:16 PM
After the game, Santos said his shoulder with its sprained anterior cruciate was a little sore.

I'm no athletic trainer but isn't the anterior cruciate in the knee not the shoulder?

JayJ79
October 7th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Perhaps it was an AC sprain, (which is the Acromioclavicular Joint in the shoulder)