PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk State beats South Carolina State

R.A.
October 6th, 2007, 04:16 PM
20-13 in double overtime...

HIU 93
October 6th, 2007, 04:26 PM
This makes next week BIG- that is if we can eek a win out today.

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM
This game really hurt the MEAC's chances of three teams in the playoffs...

But wait, Norfolk State may be able to get in with Delaware St and Hampton...they are 4-1.

Or will Hampton not even have a chance? They are down to Princeton now. Hampton next week is a huge game for both teams. Norfolk St can really make a statement then and possibly knock Hampton to verge of not having a good case for the playoffs...

R.A.
October 6th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Big time loss by Buddy Pough and his SCSU Bulldogs team... the Preseason 2007 MEAC Champ.

bjtheflamesfan
October 6th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I was thinking of giving NSU a vote in my poll for this week with a win...I plan to go through with it now that it has happened. Coach Adrian has really done an amazing work with this program since he took over. I got to see them cap Liberty's worst season in school history two years ago and I had a feeling there was something special brewing just across the Downtown Tunnel from my house.

Cobblestone
October 6th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I was thinking of giving NSU a vote in my poll for this week with a win...I plan to go through with it now that it has happened. Coach Adrian has really done an amazing work with this program since he took over. I got to see them cap Liberty's worst season in school history two years ago and I had a feeling there was something special brewing just across the Downtown Tunnel from my house.

No surprise there. Congrats to Coach Adrian and Norfolk State.

HIU 93
October 8th, 2007, 06:37 AM

But wait, Norfolk State may be able to get in with Delaware St and Hampton...they are 4-1.

Or will Hampton not even have a chance? They are down to Princeton now. Hampton next week is a huge game for both teams. Norfolk St can really make a statement then and possibly knock Hampton to verge of not having a good case for the playoffs...

Do you have any knowledge of the recent history of this game?

th0m
October 8th, 2007, 07:13 AM

THREE MEAC teams?????? Are you kidding me?

andy7171
October 8th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Nice wins by both Norfolk State and Hampton. Sets up a HUGE game this weekend!
I put Norfolk State at #25 in my poll this week.

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I had NSU at #21 in my poll...

Seems they got no love -- these guys need more backing from posters on AGS...

mcveyrl
October 8th, 2007, 01:37 PM
For me, NSU replaced SCSU as a team just on the outside looking in. Is this weekend's game on TV?

Punchykky
October 8th, 2007, 02:20 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't want to see NSU get any kind of rankings because it might go to their heads! We ended up playing 4-7 ball overall last year, and we're 4-1 now. I just want our team to take it 1 game at a time!

Intrepid
October 8th, 2007, 03:41 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't want to see NSU get any kind of rankings because it might go to their heads! We ended up playing 4-7 ball overall last year, and we're 4-1 now. I just want our team to take it 1 game at a time!

I don't think so. If they make it to the top 25, that would motivate them even more. They'll be more focus and determined.
Now we have four teams chasing the MEAC title this year. I believe at least two of them will make it to the postseason.

R.A.
October 9th, 2007, 12:06 AM
For me, NSU replaced SCSU as a team just on the outside looking in. Is this weekend's game on TV?

FAMU @ SCSU is on ESPNU Saturday. I don't remember what time.