Pages : 1 [2]

DuckDuckGriz
October 6th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Bergquist to Bagley
CAUGHT

FIRST DOWN AT THE 35 FOR THE GRIZ.

BigApp
October 6th, 2007, 05:18 PM
It seems to me from following this thread that EWU is the best team on the field by more than 2 points and still might find a way to lose yet...xeekx They have shot themselves in the foot several times on the Grizzly side of the field...xconfusedx

you're right! EWU 553 yards of offense, Montana=244

Hansel
October 6th, 2007, 05:19 PM
huge play by Griz

DuckDuckGriz
October 6th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Berguist to Ferriter at the EWU 23

1:30 left.

Holy friggen crap.

Mr. C
October 6th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Bergquist to Bagley
CAUGHT

FIRST DOWN AT THE 35 FOR THE GRIZ.
Is that the EWU 35?

BigApp
yikes! is the EWU d on the field? xlolx

Hansel
FG upcomin....

DuckDuckGriz
Bergquist to Ferriter at the EWU 17

3rd & 3 for Montana.

:50 left.

Montana still has 3 timeouts.....

Bergquist pass incomplete.

EmeryZach
October 6th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Big FG coming

made

Hansel
FG good

DuckDuckGriz
Dan Carpenter with a 34 yard kick

GOOD

GRIZ TAKE THE LEAD WITH 26 SECONDS LEFT

BigApp
Is that the EWU 35?

17 yard line now, fg attempt by Griz

T-Dog
October 6th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Dan Carpenter with a 34 yard kick

GOOD

GRIZ TAKE THE LEAD WITH 26 SECONDS LEFT

Remember to play defense. Remember what almost happened to us at Michigan with 26 seconds left.xthumbsupx

EmeryZach
October 6th, 2007, 05:23 PM
you might sneak out with this one, but wow, what a brutal defense you got. 553 yards for EWU?? wow

DuckDuckGriz
Remember to play defense. Remember what almost happened to us at Michigan with 26 seconds left.xthumbsupx

So true. Eastern's offense is unstoppable today.

Eastern has it at their own 28.

LETS GO D!!!

BigApp
24-23 griz

umassfan
I must say with two week games in a row... Montana should not even be ranked in the top 10 nevermind number 1

mebisonII
October 6th, 2007, 05:24 PM

Or SHSU with 27 seconds left...

DuckDuckGriz
:21 left

Nichols to Brown - incomplete.

Defensive holding by Montana.

Eastern has 1 timeout.

NDSUFREAK
Remember what we did to SHSU some weeks ago...

BigApp
October 6th, 2007, 05:25 PM
553 yards for EWU?? wow

on 86 plays (so far)

CamelCityAppFan
October 6th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I must say with two week games in a row... Montana should not even be ranked in the top 10 nevermind number 1

Ranked Top 10? Yes

#1? No

DuckDuckGriz
October 6th, 2007, 05:26 PM
:08 left

Timeout Montana.

Eastern has it at their own 39.

No matter the outcome big props to the Eagles. They came to play.

NDSUFREAK
October 6th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Should be a switch in the polls next week...

EmeryZach
UNI should be #1

DuckDuckGriz
Nichols complete for a 1st down at the Montana 48.

:02 left.

Time out Eastern.

umassfan -- do you know how good EWU is? This is how this game was supposed to be.

DuckDuckGriz
October 6th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Nichols going for the Hail Mary ----

KNOCKED DOWN..

MONTANA WINS 24-23

GREAT GAME!!!

I need a drink. :o

HI54UNI
October 6th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Congrats to the Griz.

nmatsen
October 6th, 2007, 05:30 PM
EWU is 1-2 in the conference, what makes them so good? The fact that they had 560 yards offense. I don't care who you are playing, no number one team gives up 560 yards.

DuckDuckGriz
October 6th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Congrats to the Griz.

Thanks. You guys are the #1 right now in my book.

I knew EWU would play us like this. Sweatin bullets here still.

AlphaSigMD
October 6th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Agreed with above. This is the 2nd week in a row Montana got outplayed by an unranked opponent.

EWU is a team with tons of injuries to the starting lineup, and they absolutly DOMINATED montana at the unbeatable fortress of WA Griz... in every category except penalties and that pesky final score.

This team has proved nothing except they know how to play down to lesser opponents

DuckDuckGriz
October 6th, 2007, 05:34 PM
EWU is 1-2 in the conference, what makes them so good? The fact that they had 560 yards offense. I don't care who you are playing, no number one team gives up 560 yards.

They have lost those games close - and, like they did today, shot themselves with penalties.

On top of that we are their biggest rival, which adds alot.

Look at the history between UM-EWU and this is no unusual scenario.

strike00
October 6th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Wow...Montana pulls it off. Congrats on winning what sounds like a terrific game.

Gil Dobie
October 6th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Congrats Griz xthumbsupx

Good game by EWU xthumbsupx

mlbowl
October 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM
This team has proved nothing except they know how to play down to lesser opponents

Oh yeah....and win gamesxrolleyesx You guys crack me up.xlolx

Hansel
October 6th, 2007, 05:39 PM
EWU is a good team

UM has some holes in their pass D but they played well enough to win

trouthunter
October 6th, 2007, 05:39 PM
They have lost those games close - and, like they did today, shot themselves with penalties.

On top of that we are their biggest rival, which adds alot.

Look at the history between UM-EWU and this is no unusual scenario.

The Griz are ALWAYS the team to beat in the BSC, and E. Washington is ALWAYS a tough game

CamelCityAppFan
October 6th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Good job by the Griz to hang on for a win...but you'll have to do better than that in the post-season. Can't expect playoff caliber teams roll up that much offensive yardage and put up so few points!

Grizaholic17
October 6th, 2007, 05:42 PM
AMAZING GAME BY THE GRIZ!

Although our defense didn't show up to play their greatest game, and our offense struggled more than they have all year, the Griz ca out with an amazing 24-23 victory against formerly ranked Eastern Washington. This is a good time for the old saying...GOOD GOD GRIZ!!

GrizFoo
October 6th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Rank the Griz 50th for all we care. #1 ranking is just a target on your back, and the Griz keep winning with that target. So please don't put the Griz in your top 10. But they came to play when it counted and beat a damn talented team.
I don't want to hear anything about injuries, because the Griz have plenty of guys they were counting on out for the year, or off the team. Part of the game.
One thing... our OC kills me, man if only. I can't stand the play calling, just an opinion, but ****** its hard to watch sometimes.
*Griz fans: where the hell was Marianni, quickest WR with possibly the best hands and I didn't even see him.

DuckDuckGriz
October 6th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Good job by the Griz to hang on for a win...but you'll have to do better than that in the post-season. Can't expect playoff caliber teams roll up that much offensive yardage and put up so few points!

I agree. We traditionally have games like this in the BSC even the years we go deep in the playoffs. I'd say this is some healthy preparation. Good job today against GWU.

Grizaholic17
October 6th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Rank the Griz 50th for all we care. #1 ranking is just a target on your back, and the Griz keep winning with that target. So please don't put the Griz in your top 10. But they came to play when it counted and beat a damn talented team.
I don't want to hear anything about injuries, because the Griz have plenty of guys they were counting on out for the year, or off the team. Part of the game.
One thing... our OC kills me, man if only. I can't stand the play calling, just an opinion, but ****** its hard to watch sometimes.
*Griz fans: where the hell was Marianni, quickest WR with possibly the best hands and I didn't even see him.

As i recall, Mariani was out with an ankle or lower leg problem. He was questionable for today, and didn't suit up. GOOD JOB BAGLEY THOUGH!

DuckDuckGriz
October 6th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Also if you watched the first half, Montana had several chances to put it away early and were only up 14-0.

Eastern scored 10 points in just over a minute, thanks to a fumbled kick return for Montana.

Grizaholic17
October 6th, 2007, 05:52 PM

you are a b**ch. I am sorry but you are a loser. Who do you think you are..."Oh, no number 1 team gives that much up" BUH DER! We all want you to be number one, we keep telling you that. The committee doesn't think so though...tard.

FCS Go!
October 6th, 2007, 06:06 PM
The Griz needed a game like this! At least another week of whining though...

DuckDuckGriz
October 6th, 2007, 06:07 PM
The Griz needed a game like this! At least another week of whining though...

Your avatar is great.

Eastern has the #1 offense in the BSC btw.

FCS Go!
October 6th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks DuckDuck. Yours is pretty swank too.

th0m
October 6th, 2007, 06:25 PM
How do you mean Montana needed a game like this? Wasn't the WSU game last week a bit too close for comfort already?

DuckDuckGriz
October 6th, 2007, 06:27 PM
How do you mean Montana needed a game like this? Wasn't the WSU game last week a bit too close for comfort already?

Yes but that was more of a letdown than this. This was a come from behind, wild gut-check game.

uofmman1122
October 6th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Griz get it done today! I just wanna go hug #3 right now. xlolx

Good teams get it done, and we got it done. I hope we drop in the polls so everyone will shut up about it, already. And just like I said before, now the Eagles are "Over-rated." Just be thankful your team didn't have to play them today. Not many teams could have beaten them today. xnodx

Great game, EWU!

GREAT GAME, GRIZ! xhurrayx

GRZZ
October 6th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Absolutely. Don't get me started on what we did wrong in that game. I will not even come close to arguing that we played a great game. But when the chips were all down on the table, the offense, having only one good drive the entire second half, down to fourth and 10, the Griz made a drive and scored the points they needed to win. Great Job!

Hansel
October 6th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Also if you watched the first half, Montana had several chances to put it away early and were only up 14-0.

Eastern scored 10 points in just over a minute, thanks to a fumbled kick return for Montana.

Eastern also missed a FG, and Montana had a TD setup by a fumbled punt

it could have gone either way :)

GRZZ
October 6th, 2007, 06:49 PM
EWU also had atleast two fumbles that bounced right back to them so you could argue that could have went either way as well. Games are played on the field, and Montana found a way to win a close one.

Grizfanatic
October 6th, 2007, 07:53 PM
First off good game griz! Wheeehhhwww!!! That was to close for comfort. I did as I am sure everyone else noticed a 2 glaring questions... Our pass D was torn up, that is something that as the season progresses needs to be figured out, I have no doubt that if we let that happen in the playoffs we are in trouble.
Secondly, what the hell is up with the play calling... Phen-Phen needs to cease with the vanilla and start utilizing the weapons we have have! Watching the past couple games has been as bad as a root canal without novicaine!

Peace!

01pantherfan
October 6th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Good game it looks like the Griz got lucky again and will hold onto their " # 1" rateing, but makes one wonder what will happen when the Griz have to actualy play outside of Griz Stadium

Grizfanatic
October 6th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Good game it looks like the Griz got lucky again and will hold onto their " # 1" rateing, but makes one wonder what will happen when the Griz have to actualy play outside of Griz Stadium

I have no doubt that with the talent and heart of the kids on our team that they will continue to find a way to win, however when you throw in the playcalling by our OC and suspect pass D, the doubts begin to swirl in my belly.
I think this season is going to give me grey hairs, and it really should not. This team has the talent and heart to flatout win the confrence and go deep... However as I said earlier, our pass D needs to step-up and our playcalling needs to change...
Only time will tell and win or lose I will always bleed maroon and silver!!

Peace!

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 6th, 2007, 09:25 PM
If Montana is not a top 5 team then they will lose to either PSU, NAU, or Montana State.

Until those games are played, I'll go by what Erk Russell would say..."24>23, so they won the game".

mvemjsunpx
October 6th, 2007, 09:46 PM
I have no doubt that with the talent and heart of the kids on our team that they will continue to find a way to win, however when you throw in the playcalling by our OC and suspect pass D, the doubts begin to swirl in my belly.
I think this season is going to give me grey hairs, and it really should not. This team has the talent and heart to flatout win the confrence and go deep... However as I said earlier, our pass D needs to step-up and our playcalling needs to change...
Only time will tell and win or lose I will always bleed maroon and silver!!

Peace!

The Griz playcalling (a popular, if inaccurate, whipping boy) was not the culprit.

It's difficult to call effective plays when the O-Line can't even open up holes for an All-American back against a D-Line that was more than 50 lbs. smaller (on average). The Griz running game should have shredded them.

Montana's inability to run allowed EWU's defensive backs to play zone & take away the much taller Bagley & Allen for the most part. The O-line also had trouble protecting against 3-man rushes & Bergquist couldn't find anyone open.

That being said, Montana still won because they made a lot fewer mistakes than the Eagles. The game wouldn't have been quite as hair-raising if the Big Sky referees had a clue, though (i.e.: 2 UM catches that were called out-of-bounds when they clearly weren't; a PI call against Montana even though the receiver got hit after the ball went by him; a mystery personal foul on a punt (not roughing the kicker, apparently) that led to EWU's go-ahead FG).

Peems
October 6th, 2007, 11:20 PM
The Griz D actually played quite well, they just had to be on the field for awhile. They only gave up 2 touchdowns and bent but didn't break(though they were damn close!). Also I think the end of the 1st half played huge in this game. The prevent and the fumble gave Eastern hope and they came out in the 2nd half and pretty much just told Nichols to do what he does. The Griz O struggled the most today, and the Eastern O-line played great. Great game and good luck to Eastern for the rest of the year.

kylegod
October 6th, 2007, 11:29 PM
what kills me the most about this game is in Bobby's film session he did for the fans on tuesday he talked about shutting down the slot reciever and the use of seam routes. Well we shut down the seams but we did nothing to the slot reciever #9. He went for 17 catches and over 200 yards. He is a stud. Their o-line is as advertised. They are very good. The playcalling wasnt great, but there were many plays where cole didnt see the field at all and had a few open recievers down field. He seems to willing to scramble sometimes instead of stepping up and finding the reciever. I have watched alot of games in 1-aa football lately and I have only seen 1 better offense then what we saw today (last years app team was great). I would not be suprised to see eastern run the board finish 9-2 and get an at large and make some noise in the playoffs.

mvemjsunpx
October 6th, 2007, 11:29 PM
The Griz D actually played quite well, they just had to be on the field for awhile. They only gave up 2 touchdowns and bent but didn't break(though they were damn close!). Also I think the end of the 1st half played huge in this game. The prevent and the fumble gave Eastern hope and they came out in the 2nd half and pretty much just told Nichols to do what he does. The Griz O struggled the most today, and the Eastern O-line played great. Great game and good luck to Eastern for the rest of the year.

The defense did a great job of keeping EWU out of the endzone in the last quarter & a half. However, they'd better practice more in how to deal with the no-huddle offense, because future opponents are definitely going to add that into their anti-Griz gameplan.

Peems
October 6th, 2007, 11:37 PM
what kills me the most about this game is in Bobby's film session he did for the fans on tuesday he talked about shutting down the slot reciever and the use of seam routes. Well we shut down the seams but we did nothing to the slot reciever #9. He went for 17 catches and over 200 yards. He is a stud. Their o-line is as advertised. They are very good. The playcalling wasnt great, but there were many plays where cole didnt see the field at all and had a few open recievers down field. He seems to willing to scramble sometimes instead of stepping up and finding the reciever. I have watched alot of games in 1-aa football lately and I have only seen 1 better offense then what we saw today (last years app team was great). I would not be suprised to see eastern run the board finish 9-2 and get an at large and make some noise in the playoffs.

The defense did a great job of keeping EWU out of the endzone in the last quarter & a half. However, they'd better practice more in how to deal with the no-huddle offense, because future opponents are definitely going to add that into their anti-Griz gameplan.

I totally agree with the bold statements. Sometimes Cole would hold on to the ball because the play would take too long to develop other times it just seemed like he wasn't comfortable at all. He needs to get some confidence back there throwing. Hell he overthrew Bagley on that 4th down play, if he had hit him in stride it was a TD. The Griz play pretty soft on coverage they never seem to be up bumping their man. I think the main reason that Eastern was able to pick us apart was because we could not get any pressure on Nicholls. He had all day. The Griz will improve and take on a decent Sac St. team next week...ON THE ROADxeekxxeekx

GrizzlyBill
October 7th, 2007, 12:39 AM
The Griz playcalling (a popular, if inaccurate, whipping boy) was not the culprit.

It's difficult to call effective plays when the O-Line can't even open up holes for an All-American back against a D-Line that was more than 50 lbs. smaller (on average). The Griz running game should have shredded them.

Montana's inability to run allowed EWU's defensive backs to play zone & take away the much taller Bagley & Allen for the most part. The O-line also had trouble protecting against 3-man rushes & Bergquist couldn't find anyone open.

That being said, Montana still won because they made a lot fewer mistakes than the Eagles. The game wouldn't have been quite as hair-raising if the Big Sky referees had a clue, though (i.e.: 2 UM catches that were called out-of-bounds when they clearly weren't; a PI call against Montana even though the receiver got hit after the ball went by him; a mystery personal foul on a punt (not roughing the kicker, apparently) that led to EWU's go-ahead FG).

RIGHT ON!
The offensive line does appear to be our weak point on the field.

Officiating may have been bad in this game, but how often do we hear that? I thought the worst zebras were in the SoCon, or is it the Gateway? Oh, it's the Big Sky.

Like local TV weather persons, I guess the good refs move up.

I like how "every team we face brings their "A game."

We have a lot of talent and a lot of heart. I'm proud of this Griz team, even if one player made a bad play (bad decision) last week in the Weber game.

We have to realize that we, the Griz, don't have a monopoly on talent, heart, or coaching at the FCS game of football, and there are a Hell of a lot of other very good teams out there.

Casey_Orourke
October 7th, 2007, 07:00 PM

I agree about the officiating. I was at the PSU/NAU game and on a PAT Jerry is running down the sideline yelling TIME OUT!!!!!! he gets to an official in plenty of time before the snap, but the official ignored him. That led to two points for NAU on a bad snap and NAU's winning margin in the game

Peems
October 7th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Here's a pic of Bagley saving the day for the Griz. Courtesy of www.egriz.com