PDA

View Full Version : Wofford vs. The Citadel

ASU88
October 6th, 2007, 01:30 PM
The big dogs just missed a relatively short FG to let the little dogs keep their 7-0 lead with 4:44 left 1st Qrtr.

ASU88
October 6th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Int. returned 42 yards for a TD for The Citadel!

That was the WRs fault. Hit him right in the numbers and he let it bounce up and get away.

terrierbob
October 6th, 2007, 01:49 PM
The Citadel's D looks better than what we've seen.

terrierbob
October 6th, 2007, 02:53 PM
We look flat.

ASU88
October 6th, 2007, 02:56 PM
We look flat.
Not a lot of fireworks from either side in this one yet.

El Cid does seem a bit more fired up, but they haven't managed to score on offense yet.

ASU88
October 6th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Wofford scores to take the lead back, 14-7.

Simple option toss goes the distance.

El Cid had played that option pretty well to that point.

boonegoon
October 6th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Just a question. Aren't some of the options that Wofford runs actually forward passes. I noticed against App but I don't know what the protecton is. Does anyone know if Wofford runs a screen pass type of blocking to prevent the illegal forward pass thing. Just wondering

ASU88
October 6th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Wofford driving again. It's early, but it looks like they will maintain the inside track in the conference.

They seem to be wearing El Cid down.

ISUMatt
October 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM
i see 21-7 WOF...cool i get it on DirecTV

ASU88
October 6th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Wofford looks VERY good. I don't think they came out with their best today and they are still whipping a good Citadel team easily.

28-7 with less than 4 min. left.

WoCoTerrier
October 6th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Final score 28-7 Wofford.

ASUG8
October 6th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I think Citadel was the last hurdle for the Terriers to clear to win the SoCon - unless we get lucky and GSU takes them out, they're on their way. They are unquestionably the real deal, dispatching us, FU, and THE Citadel handily. Congrats Terriers!

Cleets
October 6th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Wow..!!!!

AlphaSigMD
October 6th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I'd love another shot at them in the playoffs.

CamelCityAppFan
October 6th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I'd love another shot at them in the playoffs.

...in Boone! xthumbsupx

citdog
October 6th, 2007, 04:31 PM
...in Boone! xthumbsupx

not likely, after we beat y'all if you make the playoffs, gonna have to hit the road.

Black and Gold Express
October 6th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Citdog, hate to say I told ya so, but I did. That game went about as I thought it might. Wish you woulda proved me wrong, but someone else is going to have to pull an upset to hang a loss on Wofford. They should be favorites in the rest of their regular season games.

ASUG8
October 6th, 2007, 04:38 PM
not likely, after we beat y'all if you make the playoffs, gonna have to hit the road.

I think I read some of the same comments from you earlier this week about Woff......

I won't make any predictions on ASU/Citadel - we'll just let it get settled on the field.

CamelCityAppFan
October 6th, 2007, 04:39 PM

Not gonna happen. I think App & Wof will both win out...and the I-AA gods that bracket the playoff teams will want playoff games in Boone. It might be unfair, but teams' recent playoff appearances and performance will be taken into the bracket consideration.

citdog
October 6th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Not gonna happen. I think App & Wof will both win out...and the I-AA gods that bracket the playoff teams will want playoff games in Boone. It might be unfair, but teams' recent playoff appearances and performance will be taken into the bracket consideration.

i don't think so, I like our chances the rest of the way. I dislike Wofford. I despise VMI. I HATE FURMAN. Hear that OL FU?

Eyes of Old Main
October 6th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I dislike Wofford.

That's OK, citdog, we LOVE you guys.

citdog
October 6th, 2007, 05:00 PM
That's OK, citdog, we LOVE you guys.

yeah i know

Cleets
October 6th, 2007, 05:05 PM
a terrier tangles with a Bulldog xlolx

drpnut
October 6th, 2007, 09:43 PM
To AlphaSigMD

I definitely believe the Playoff Committee would want a rematch of App and Wofford.

I predict the final 4 will be Appy, Wofford, UNI, James Madison.

We will be a higher seed than App, but because of history, attendance and money we would have to go to Kidd-Brewer. That is just life. Ya'll would pack 23-24 k people and all we can hold in Gibbs with the banks and extra stands would be max at 13,500-14,000.

So I believe your wish will come true

holla back

Peace

chattanoogamocs
October 6th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Sorry this is a bit off topic...

So I watched the game and I noticed the jerseys just say CITADEL (not THE Citadel).

Hey Citdog, I think you need to "fixed it" on those unis. ;)

http://www.citadelsports.com//pics6/640/QY/QYPYHOAPNZHZKCM.20070906043626.JPG

Eyes of Old Main
October 6th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I definitely believe the Playoff Committee would want a rematch of App and Wofford.

We will be a higher seed than App, but because of history, attendance and money we would have to go to Kidd-Brewer. That is just life. Ya'll would pack 23-24 k people and all we can hold in Gibbs with the banks and extra stands would be max at 13,500-14,000.

Assuming Wofford gets the autobid (no guarantee on that this early, but for the sake of argument), that would probably mean they are 10-1 or 9-2. If they are 10-1, they will get a seed, 9-2 probably not. Either way, there will not be two seeds from the SoCon. In that case, they'd play in Gibbs if they meet again. If neither team is seed (or if Appalachian wins the autobid and Wofford is in as an at-large) then they'll play in Boone due to money concerns because there is no way Wofford out bids App for the game.

Actually, I think a rematch between another SoCon foe is more likely (The Citadel, Furman or Georgia Southern) and would probably happen in Spartanburg. If 3 or 4 from the SoCon get in, then rematches will be very likely in the quarter and semi-finals. I think the committee would load all the teams on one side of the bracket to avoid all possibility of an all-SoCon finals.

Eyes of Old Main
October 6th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Maybe they should go back to the Western Carolina knock-off helmets that said "The Dogs".

Then again, Western should go back to the original style "The Cats" helmets instead of the ones they currently have.

SoCon48
October 7th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Assuming Wofford gets the autobid (no guarantee on that this early, but for the sake of argument), that would probably mean they are 10-1 or 9-2. If they are 10-1, they will get a seed, 9-2 probably not. Either way, there will not be two seeds from the SoCon. In that case, they'd play in Gibbs if they meet again. If neither team is seed (or if Appalachian wins the autobid and Wofford is in as an at-large) then they'll play in Boone due to money concerns because there is no way Wofford out bids App for the game.

Actually, I think a rematch between another SoCon foe is more likely (The Citadel, Furman or Georgia Southern) and would probably happen in Spartanburg. If 3 or 4 from the SoCon get in, then rematches will be very likely in the quarter and semi-finals. I think the committee would load all the teams on one side of the bracket to avoid all possibility of an all-SoCon finals.

My guess is that since Woff and App will not meet until the second or possibly even 3rd round, the location is up in the air.. Currently, in spite of Woff's win over App, App is ranked higher than Wofford. If that continues, the game could be in Boone just as easily as in Gibbs.

App has to win out to avoid getting placed in some way out in bumfizzle out west location or something similar.
No matter what, the SoCon could at best get 3 teams in. Too much stereotyping and bias to allow us more than 3 at most.xeyebrowx

BTW, if Jerry Richardson writes a big check, Woff could outbid anybody!
Too, though, it is rare that the committee places a team at the same venue the two teams played in earlier in the season.

Eyes of Old Main
October 7th, 2007, 11:56 PM
If both Wofford and Appalachian won out, one or both would be in line for seeds. I'd be curious to see how they could give App a seed over a team that beat them and won the conference outright. But stranger things have happened.

Unless Wofford is seeded, I doubt they get more than one home game. Too much money differential comes into play. App's been averaging over 25K and Wofford would probably only bring in 11-12K. No way the NCAA leaves than much money on the table (unless they have to).