PDA

View Full Version : Georgetown Over Bucknell

DFW HOYA
September 3rd, 2005, 08:57 PM
For those media experts who predicted another winless PL season for Georgetown...guess again!

Hoya defense forces four fumbles in final six possessions, including the overtime period. Georgetown scores 19 unanswered points to win 19-16.

On to Worcester!

blukeys
September 3rd, 2005, 08:58 PM
Congrats Hoyas. :) :)

charliej
September 3rd, 2005, 09:22 PM
Congrats Hoyas. :) :)

Ditto
:nod:

89Hen
September 3rd, 2005, 09:31 PM
Way to go my local team!!!!

colgate13
September 3rd, 2005, 10:01 PM
Congratulations Hoyas! I thought you could make trouble in this game but just couldn't pull the trigger. I swore I wouldn't after Monmouth until you beat somebody. Now I can pick you as an upset again!

Enjoy being in 1st place in the PL!

GannonFan
September 3rd, 2005, 10:50 PM
Aye caramba - does this mean the end of Bucknell's surge to the upper ranks of the Patriot League? That one season getting closer to the top is rather short-lived.

ngineer
September 3rd, 2005, 11:06 PM
For those media experts who predicted another winless PL season for Georgetown...guess again!

Hoya defense forces four fumbles in final six possessions, including the overtime period. Georgetown scores 19 unanswered points to win 19-16.

On to Worcester!

Congratulations! Bucknell, with that option running game, is high risk. I'm sure your DC put pressure on the new QB there. While I didn't pick the Hoyas in this, I certainly felt it would be close, and as Colgate found out today, turnovers will be the death knell for anyone in a close game. Enjoy the rarified air for a few weeks! :D

Go...gate
September 4th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Congratulations to Georgetown! How did the new facility work out in its first game?

ngineer
September 4th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Congratulations to Georgetown! How did the new facility work out in its first game?

The game was a Bucknell.. ;)

LBPop
September 4th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Congratulations! Bucknell, with that option running game, is high risk.

Yes, that offense of Bucknell's is high risk and they missed their senior QB...but not for long. Watch out, Patriot League, Terrance Wilson looks like the real deal to me. Yes he put the ball on the ground a few times, but the Hoyas were pounding him all day. He hung tough--even when taking a hit after his helmet was knocked off. He is quick, cocky and dangerous. I'm glad the Hoyas got him on his first start. By mid season, he will probably have cut down on his mistakes and he will start to look a lot like his predecessor.

Last night was phenomenal. Matthewson Stadium is an excellent place to watch a game, especially under the lights on a perfect evening. The Bucknell people could not have been more accommodating (some of that was a little pre-game sympathy for the "doomed Hoyas") and that Bucknell offense is something to see. Oh yeah, and besides that Georgetown happened to come back from 16 down and win in OT. ;)

ngineer
September 4th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Yes, that offense of Bucknell's is high risk and they missed their senior QB...but not for long. Watch out, Patriot League, Terrance Wilson looks like the real deal to me. Yes he put the ball on the ground a few times, but the Hoyas were pounding him all day. He hung tough--even when taking a hit after his helmet was knocked off. He is quick, cocky and dangerous. I'm glad the Hoyas got him on his first start. By mid season, he will probably have cut down on his mistakes and he will start to look a lot like his predecessor.

Last night was phenomenal. Matthewson Stadium is an excellent place to watch a game, especially under the lights on a perfect evening. The Bucknell people could not have been more accommodating (some of that was a little pre-game sympathy for the "doomed Hoyas") and that Bucknell offense is something to see. Oh yeah, and besides that Georgetown happened to come back from 16 down and win in OT. ;)

Glad you enjoyed the trip. Mattewson is a very nice place to play. Did BU have a good turnout. over the years, they haven't done all that well in attendance. Last time Lehigh was there, we had as many, if not more, people in the stands. Ironic for a football venue to be named after a baseball player :D

LBPop
September 4th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Glad you enjoyed the trip. Mattewson is a very nice place to play. Did BU have a good turnout. over the years, they haven't done all that well in attendance. Last time Lehigh was there, we had as many, if not more, people in the stands.

I must say that I was expecting a larger turnout given the weather, that it was game #1, and that Bucknell finished so well last year. I did not hear the totals, but I would guess 6 to 7,000. Problem is that a crowd like that in that venue leaves a lot of empty seats. There was a nice Hoya crowd, too. Probably fewer than 100 (the start time of 6:00 all but necessitated a stay over), but we were loud (and hoarse at the finish). That's why I'm not so unhappy about the projected 4,500 capacity in the new Georgetown facility. If the program can get established, It could get really loud in that place with a two level structure and the surrounding buildings to echo. :nod:

ngineer
September 4th, 2005, 11:32 PM
I must say that I was expecting a larger turnout given the weather, that it was game #1, and that Bucknell finished so well last year. I did not hear the totals, but I would guess 6 to 7,000. Problem is that a crowd like that in that venue leaves a lot of empty seats. There was a nice Hoya crowd, too. Probably fewer than 100 (the start time of 6:00 all but necessitated a stay over), but we were loud (and hoarse at the finish). That's why I'm not so unhappy about the projected 4,500 capacity in the new Georgetown facility. If the program can get established, It could get really loud in that place with a two level structure and the surrounding buildings to echo. :nod:

I think Mattewson seats about 10,000, so a 6000-7000 crowd for the Bison is pretty good. Yes, I can see where your new stadium could be a noise generator. Will just have to take the crowd out of the game early. :cool:

Ken_Z
September 7th, 2005, 01:34 PM
first a beleated congrats to Georgetown on their win. glad i chose the trip to the beach rather than to Lewisburg.

Bucknell's losses are much more significant than just the game. Terrance Wilson out indefinitely with a dislocated jaw and Blamah Sarnor's career may be over due to the injury he incurred.

a young inexoperienced offense just got less experienced.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2005, 01:39 PM
first a beleated congrats to Georgetown on their win. glad i chose the trip to the beach rather than to Lewisburg.

Bucknell's losses are much more significant than just the game. Terrance Wilson out indefinitely with a dislocated jaw and Blamah Sarnor's career may be over due to the injury he incurred.

a young inexoperienced offense just got less experienced.

I think Bucknell might be in for a long year. I think some people set the bar at un-realistic level this year when they said the Bison would compete or even could compete for the league title. Losing what seemed like 90% of their offense in Wilson is a tough hurdle to overcome. Their defense will still solid but i think they might get worn down because of lack of offense. I think they might have a tough time out on L.I this weekend against Stoney Brook.

LBPop
September 7th, 2005, 02:14 PM
That's really sad news. I suspect the play on which Wilson got hurt was the one where he lost his helmet and was down for a minute or two. He came right back in and finished the game, so I guess he did that with the dislocated jaw. He impressed me--despite a couple of youthful mistakes. I had said so earlier in this thread (before I knew about the injury). Also sad to hear about Sarnor. Terrible way to end a career, if that's how it turns out.