PDA

View Full Version : Skip Holtz available to coach

Boogs
May 7th, 2022, 08:50 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Skip Holtz take over for Rick Chamberlin at Dayton. He's coaching the Birmingham Stallions right now and he can teach like a darn good teacher!

Nothing against Rick Chamberlin. Would like to see a change. I'd buy season tickets for the Flyers if that happened.

The Boogie Down
May 19th, 2022, 08:57 PM
I don't know anything about Dayton's coaching sitch but feel like it's been a while since they've been one of the premier minnows. Bringing in scholarships (like Duquesne did years ago) could bring the Flyers back. It would require a conference change too but maybe that conference can be the A-10. A "jump" by Dayton would give the A-10 five FCS scholly programs. Davidson doing the same would make it six.

Paladin1aa
May 20th, 2022, 07:45 AM
Dayton is garbage. Playing in the weakest FCS. League may get them some wins but step outside and get smacked. Poor program that a better coach won’t help.

Daytripper
May 20th, 2022, 10:04 AM
Dayton is garbage. Playing in the weakest FCS. League may get them some wins but step outside and get smacked. Poor program that a better coach won’t help.

Any program can be resuscitated and get better. It just takes a culture change and that change has to begin at the very top with the President of the university. I don't know anything about the athletic culture at Dayton but if the administration is not supportive, it doesn't matter who the AD or coaches are.

bonarae
May 20th, 2022, 04:44 PM
Any program can be resuscitated and get better. It just takes a culture change and that change has to begin at the very top with the President of the university. I don't know anything about the athletic culture at Dayton but if the administration is not supportive, it doesn't matter who the AD or coaches are.

Hmm, are you aware of any proofs? Fordham got ahead and helped the PL to get where they are now... or aren't they proof? xchinscratchx