PDA

View Full Version : Props to The Citadel

woffordgrad94
October 3rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
Of course I hope we beat the Bulldogs Saturday out on the football field. But I also have to say this. Words cannot describe the respect I have for ANYONE who is able to make it through four years at The Citadel, because I know that I sure as hell could never do it. And these young men (and a few ladies too) often go on to fight for us and our country and defend our rights and our freedoms, so I just want to thank them. Military folks, I feel I owe you a debt that I could never repay.

Speaking of Wofford-The Citadel, I may be dating myself just a little bit here, but do any of you Wofford or Citadel folks remember the drama that enfolded before the 1992 game where former Wofford QB Shawn Graves said "I didn't go to The Citadel because I didn't want to be just another football player in a monkey suit." Now personally, I thought his comments to be in very poor taste and an embarrassment to Wofford College. The Cadets took great offense and prior to the game, it is rumored that they all said to the football players "sir, kill Graves, sir". Hey, at least Shawn backed up his big mouth when he scored the winning TD in a huge 15-12 Terrier upset of a highly ranked Citadel team. Just a bit of Wofford-Citadel history there.

BlueHen86
October 3rd, 2007, 09:40 PM
Of course I hope we beat the Bulldogs Saturday out on the football field. But I also have to say this. Words cannot describe the respect I have for ANYONE who is able to make it through four years at The Citadel, because I know that I sure as hell could never do it. And these young men (and a few ladies too) often go on to fight for us and our country and defend our rights and our freedoms, so I just want to thank them. Military folks, I feel I owe you a debt that I could never repay.

Speaking of Wofford-The Citadel, I may be dating myself just a little bit here, but do any of you Wofford or Citadel folks remember the drama that enfolded before the 1992 game where former Wofford QB Shawn Graves said "I didn't go to The Citadel because I didn't want to be just another football player in a monkey suit." Now personally, I thought his comments to be in very poor taste and an embarrassment to Wofford College. The Cadets took great offense and prior to the game, it is rumored that they all said to the football players "sir, kill Graves, sir". Hey, at least Shawn backed up his big mouth when he scored the winning TD in a huge 15-12 Terrier upset of a highly ranked Citadel team. Just a bit of Wofford-Citadel history there.

There's that, and the fact that your AGS name is woffordgrad94.;)

Interesting Wofford-The Citadel story.xthumbsupx