PDA

View Full Version : I know my Terriers have a long way to go

woffordgrad94
October 3rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Yes, I talked a little smack at The Citadel. Hey, I'm just having fun! It's all in good spirit. Winning is fun, and when you win, you should have fun! But I also know that The Citadel in all seriousness is a formidable foe, especially playing in front of the Cadets at Johnson Hagood. And even if we get past them, tough foes like Georgia Southern and Elon are just waiting at a shot to beat us. Heck, even Gardner-Webb, Chattanooga, or Western Carolina become dangerous if we overlook them or play badly with fumbles and penalties against them. And should we be fortunate enough to make the playoffs, we will face VERY tough competition there. But I do have to say I think my Terriers have as good a shot as anyone. Hey, if you don't believe, you won't achieve! In past years, such as Appy last year and Delaware in 2003, there was that one dominant team that looked to be in the driver's seat. I don't see that this year. I think the title is wide open, with many contenders for it. To win it, you are going to have to be good, but you also are going to need some good fortune as well. So while it's fun to dream and look ahead at what might be and imagine the possibilities, I do so with a level head. It's going to be tough. But that's part of what makes it fun. I can't wait to see what happens next!