PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League - Week 6

carney2
September 30th, 2007, 03:54 PM
The League went 2-2 vs. OOC and 1-2 vs. the Ivies in Week 5. That yields year-to-date totals of

vs. OOC: 12-13
vs. Ivy League: 6-5

All seven teams are scheduled for Week 6 with two League games featured:

HOLY CROSS (2-2, 1-0) @ Brown
LEHIGH (3-1, 0-0) @ FORDHAM (3-2, 1-0)
GEORGETOWN (0-5, 0-2) @ Pennsylvania
BUCKNELL (2-3, 0-0) @ COLGATE (2-2, 0-1)
Columbia @ LAFAYETTE (3-1, 1-0)

DFW HOYA
September 30th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Holy Cross over Brown. I think the Crusaders get back in form against a suspect Brown defense.

Lehigh over Fordham. Engineers too deep to pick over them this Saturday.

Colgate over Bucknell. Red Raiders have to make a stand...right?

Lafayette over Columbia: Closer than you think, but still one for the Pards.

Pennsylvania over Georgetown. Hoyas outscored 100-7 in last two games and play four of the next five on the road, where they haven't won since week 3 of the 2005 season. Youth movement continues, and the running game is as conservative as ever; still, fan support remains reasonably good and a busload of students are making their way to Penn this weekend.

carney2
September 30th, 2007, 09:12 PM
HOLY CROSS @ Brown - I guess that we have to downgrade Air Randolph from potentially great to merely pretty good. Pretty good should be quite enough for this Bear hunt. Holy Cross

LEHIGH @ FORDHAM - The ChickenSquawks wore out their lucky rabbit's foot in the Princeton and Harvard games. They're on their own now and had best be ready for a fight. Theoretically, they are up to this test. Lehigh

GEORGETOWN @ Pennsylvania - The Quackers are winless, but still I wonder what the modern day record is for the most points scored against one team in three weeks. Pennsylvania

BUCKNELL @ COLGATE - Last year's 4-7 debacle was supposedly a mere bump in the Raider road to glory. Why is it then that I feel such trepidation as I press the following seven keys: Colgate

Columbia @ LAFAYETTE - Finally, an Ivy that the Pards can, and traditionally do, beat. On the other hand, the Lions scored 32 against a very good Princeton team. On the other hand, the Lafayette "D" continues solid. On the other hand, Columbia is on the rise. On the other hand, Columbia has never won in Easton. Screw it. When Lafayette plays an Ivy, always go with tradition. Lafayette

DFW HOYA
September 30th, 2007, 09:58 PM
The Quackers are winless, but still I wonder what the modern day record is for the most points scored against one hapless team in three weeks.

Echoing a point I made on the Georgetown board, the Hoyas are not simply playing poorly and losing, but not playing well enough to win.

What you call a "hapless" team has thrown only two INT's all year, completed 68% of its passes, and is scoring 80% of the time in the red zone. The problem is when when opponents are putting up as many as 40 minutes on time of possession and you're getting to the red zone once or twice a game, it won't do much good.

ngineer
September 30th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Brown seems to be much improved this year, but I think Holy Cross will have enough to get by. Crusaders 31-28

Lehigh invades the Bronx realizing the 'new' season is beginning. Rams will be pumped after their win over Colgate. Should be a good one, but, despite 'homerism', gotta go with what I view as a deeper Mountain Hawk team. Lehigh, 34-21.

Hoyas are catching Penn at the right time. Without Sandberg, Penn's offense has disappeared. If he's still out, Georgetown might be able to stay close and pull it out, but I think they'll only have enough to make it interesting. Quakers 13-10.

Bucknell will be feeling confident despite who they beat this week. Raiders have to be questioning themselves and with a league loss already cannot afford another one. Should be desperate and should win. Raiders 26-24.

Columbia is much improved, but Lafayette has had two weeks to heal up and prepare. After the embarrassment in their new facility at the hands of Princeton, payback on another Ivy is expecte. Leopards, 31-17.

Pards Rule
October 1st, 2007, 08:50 AM
Columbia @ LAFAYETTE - Finally, an Ivy that the Pards can, and traditionally do, beat. On the other hand, the Lions scored 32 against a very good Princeton team. On the other hand, the Lafayette "D" continues solid. On the other hand, Columbia is on the rise. On the other hand, Columbia has never won in Easton. Screw it. When Lafayette plays an Ivy, always go with tradition. Lafayette

Wow! My head is spinning. Sounds like an Ivytalk brief :)

carney2
October 1st, 2007, 08:57 AM
Echoing a point I made on the Georgetown board, the Hoyas are not simply playing poorly and losing, but not playing well enough to win.

What you call a "hapless" team has thrown only two INT's all year, completed 68% of its passes, and is scoring 80% of the time in the red zone. The problem is when when opponents are putting up as many as 40 minutes on time of possession and you're getting to the red zone once or twice a game, it won't do much good.

Apologies. I edited out the "hapless." It was an unthinking and unwarranted slap at a fellow Patsy.

LUHawker
October 1st, 2007, 09:15 AM
Holy Cross over Brown by 14
Lehigh over Fordham by 13
Penn over Georgetown by 10
Bucknell over Colgate by 6
Lafayette over Columbia by 12

ColgateTD
October 1st, 2007, 10:53 AM
After what I witnessed at the Kerr Dome this weekend, my head is spinning.....xeekx

I'll have to check in later in the week after I think this over...

Lafayette71
October 1st, 2007, 12:32 PM
Holy Cross over Brown in a shootout 34-31
Lehigh over Fordham 28-14
Penn over Georgeton 24-10
Colgate over Bucknell 31-21
Lafayette over Columbia-Leopards need to get the offense going. Not a must win by any means against an OOC, but I wouldn't feel too good about the propects for a 4th straight title if the Pard's can't take care of business at home against Columbia. Lafayette 28-14.

hc12
October 1st, 2007, 04:10 PM
The League went 2-2 vs. OOC and 1-2 vs. the Ivies in Week 5. That yields year-to-date totals of

vs. OOC: 12-13
vs. Ivy League: 6-5

All seven teams are scheduled for Week 6 with two League games featured:

lehigh to much for the rams : lehigh32 fordam 17
penn over gu: penn21 gu17 almost a victory gu.
bucknell over gate but which gate team shows up, the coin toss heads ,bucknell21 gate 17.
pards27 columbia14
now everybody will look at the yale tape and drop 8 in the secondary hopefully we can start to run against a porous bear defense.the big question is will randolph run when there is 10 to 15 yards ahead of him?gilmore tell him to tuck the ball and pick up first downs,i heard there going to throw the sink at brown on D, and rotate 5or6 dlinemen all game long.
hc35 brown27 go saders,go patriot league.xnodx

TheValleyRaider
October 1st, 2007, 06:13 PM
Holy Cross at Brown Holy Cross Crusaders get back on track. No shame in losing to a Yale team that ought to finish quite high in the rankings

Lehigh at Fordham Lehigh I picked the Hawks to win the PL at season's open, and so far I don't feel dissuaded from that pick

Georgetown at Pennsylvania Pennsylvania To be perfectly honest, Penn doesn't look very good at all this season. To be perfectly fair, neither has Georgetown these past two weeks

Bucknell at Colgate Colgate It's Homecoming, and the only game I'm going to make this year. Raider defense bounces back from a subpar showing and shuts down the Bison

Columbia at Lafayette Lafayette When in doubt, go with history. Not that I'm really in doubt, but history agrees with me here. If they can beat Penn, the Pards should be able to tame the Lions. Cat fight!

Fordham
October 1st, 2007, 07:11 PM
bearsmouNtainhocksquackerSLepersredredraidas.

the last being my pick of the week.

LehighFan11
October 1st, 2007, 08:47 PM
HOLY CROSS @ Brown - I guess that we have to downgrade Air Randolph from potentially great to merely pretty good. Pretty good should be quite enough for this Bear hunt. Holy Cross

LEHIGH @ FORDHAM - The ChickenSquawks wore out their lucky rabbit's foot in the Princeton and Harvard games. They're on their own now and had best be ready for a fight. Theoretically, they are up to this test. Lehigh

GEORGETOWN @ Pennsylvania - The Quackers are winless, but still I wonder what the modern day record is for the most points scored against one team in three weeks. Pennsylvania

BUCKNELL @ COLGATE - Last year's 4-7 debacle was supposedly a mere bump in the Raider road to glory. Why is it then that I feel such trepidation as I press the following seven keys: Colgate

Woah, please explain to me how Lehigh's win over Princeton was lucky?lol

Franks Tanks
October 1st, 2007, 09:13 PM

I believe Princeton committed 12 turnovers in the 1st half xeyebrowx. It was hard to really gauge that game as Princeton was down so big early due to the turnovers we didnt really see how the teams matched up. When Lafayette plays Harvard next week after a win (hopefully) over Columbia we will have a better idea of how the Pards stack up to the Mt. Hawks.

carney2
October 1st, 2007, 10:55 PM

What are you smokin'? Five - count 'em, 5 - turnovers in the first half lead to a 23-0 gimme halftime lead. Without that rabbit's foot, the Squawks could very well be sitting at 1-3.

ngineer
October 1st, 2007, 10:59 PM
What are you smokin'? Five - count 'em, 5 - turnovers in the first half lead to a 23-0 gimme halftime lead. Without that rabbit's foot, the Squawks could very well be sitting at 1-3.

No question the turnovers helped Lehigh at Princeton, but at the same time we moved the ball well and controlled the scrimmage. And, as in the Harvard game, some of those turnovers were BECAUSE of the defense. Aggressive, fly to the ball attacks will cause turnovers. Diamond's sack of the Harvard QB and stripping him was not, I repeat, not lucky. That is great football. If anything, Harvard was the lucky one as we fumbled on their four, and dropped two passes that were sure TDs.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2007, 11:13 PM
Lehigh deserves to be where they are. The offense might not be world beaters but the defense is much tougher than they were last year. To hold Harvard to 13 points is extremely impressive. Offense wins games, defense wins championships. Lehigh is bigger and stronger along the D-line and the linebackers are extremely talented, they are a lot better than last year. They have an interesting game against Fordham this week. I think they'll get by the Rams setting up a huge game with Yale. That game will be the lithmus test for this team.

BobbyMo
October 1st, 2007, 11:43 PM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Pennsylvania
Colgate
Lafayette

Fordham
October 2nd, 2007, 09:23 AM
http://www.comedycentral.com/images/comedians/d/dangerfield_r/rodney-dangerfield_m4.jpg

LUHawker
October 2nd, 2007, 09:45 AM
http://www.comedycentral.com/images/comedians/d/dangerfield_r/rodney-dangerfield_m4.jpg

What is your pick then, Mr. No Respect?

carney2
October 2nd, 2007, 10:00 AM
No question the turnovers helped Lehigh at Princeton, but at the same time we moved the ball well and controlled the scrimmage. And, as in the Harvard game, some of those turnovers were BECAUSE of the defense. Aggressive, fly to the ball attacks will cause turnovers. Diamond's sack of the Harvard QB and stripping him was not, I repeat, not lucky. That is great football. If anything, Harvard was the lucky one as we fumbled on their four, and dropped two passes that were sure TDs.

1st Downs: Harvard 27, Lehigh 11
Total Yards: Harvard 465, Lehigh 232
Time of Possession:: Harvard 38:18, Lehigh 21:32
No offensive touchdowns for Lehigh

Rabbit's foot, horseshoe, four-leaf clover - you needed them all. Face it, you wered handled and ended up stealing your 2nd of the year. Without those 5 turnovers at Princeton, the Squawks were a bug on the windshield. That's 2 you stole. Start playing some football.

ngineer
October 2nd, 2007, 10:16 AM
1st Downs: Harvard 27, Lehihigh 11

Rabbit's foot, horseshoe, four-leaf clover - you needed them all. Face it, you wered handled and ended up stealing your 2nd of the year. Without those 5 turnovers at Princeton, the Squawks were a bug on the windshield. That's 2 you stole. Start playing some football.

I'm sure you know the old saying.."Statistics are for losers".xcoffeex
Lehigh controlled the first half and left 21 points on the table. Yes, Harvard controlled the ball the second half but couldn't score. I dare say that is somewhat related to a great defensive effort.

carney2
October 2nd, 2007, 10:28 AM
I'm sure you know the old saying.."Statistics are for losers".xcoffeex
Lehigh controlled the first half and left 21 points on the table. Yes, Harvard controlled the ball the second half but couldn't score. I dare say that is somewhat related to a great defensive effort.

:) You say skill; I say luck. We'll settle all of this on the 17th of November. :)

By the way, I had a great time at Goodman on Saturday. A great day; a nice crowd; and very friendly people. A big thank you to you and your "kin."

LU73
October 2nd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Fortunately, the rules of the game are such that the teams that work their butts off for 60 minutes and find a way to outscore their opponent are rewarded with a W. Simple, yet very intriguing approach to the game of football.

Engineer91
October 2nd, 2007, 12:08 PM
HOLY CROSS - too much for the bears

Pennsylvania - didn't expect Penn to look this bad ... nor G'town for that matter. Sorry Hoyas goin' with the Quakers

COLGATE - bison have to be salivating but I think Colgate can force enough fumbles to win this

LAFAYETTE - I'm still used to Columbia losing just about every game every year, won't be able to pick one up from the Spotted ones

LEHIGH - total homer pick from the heart. I have a bad feeling about this game. Lehigh needs to control here. Shootout-Rams win - field position game? Rams win. Big defensive play pulls us along for the win.

DetroitFlyer
October 2nd, 2007, 12:15 PM
No love for the Rams.... Everyone has picked Lehigh so far.... Having seen the Rams in person, I can tell you this is a good team in the making. If the Rams avoid mistakes, ( fumbles, interceptions, etc. ), I think they have more than enough talent to win this game.... It takes a while to overcome previous poor performances, but if the Rams pull this one out, they will be a secret no more. I won't pick all the games, but I'll go out on a limb here and say that Fordham is going to win this game.

Fordham
October 2nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
What is your pick then, Mr. No Respect?
ummm, hit the page up button and you'll see ...

i'll also provide a little context for the Mountain Hocks selection. I am 0 - 5 in picking Fordham games this year ... my firm belief in the 'hex' makes me certainly pick Lehigh for the win.

The one prediction that I've actually been dead on with, though, is that we're a team that could beat anyone on any given day and also a team that could lose to anyone as well. thus, i wouldn't be ridiculously surprised to see a win but would really not be surprised with any result at this point (including a blow out either way ... seriously). If we somehow did pull off the victoree ('sic' transit Gloria), I wouldn't be surprised if we get our butts cleaned (wait a minute - I think I mean 'clocks'?) ... when we travel to G-town. It's the nature of the beast when playing so many frosh & sophs but I'll take it in a heartbeat b/c we've already exceeded my expectations in how we've started out this season.

Any Engineer fans making it up here this weekend? I'll be offering pre-game tours of campus and guffaws all around followed by the post-game drowing of your sorrows. Seriously, interested in your thoughts on our young team as well as possibly grabbing a beer or two with you while you're on campus. Hoping for a great game.

crusader11
October 2nd, 2007, 04:58 PM
HC
PENN
LAFAYETTE
LEHIGH
COLGATE

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
1st Downs: Harvard 27, Lehigh 11

Lafayette has won a lot of "ugly" games over the last few years. In fact if you look at that comparitive scores the last 3 years, Lehigh wins hands down but Lafayette still found ways to win just as many games, just not as pretty. Even in their very good years they won some ugly games against teams a lot worse than Harvard; Columbia and St. Mary's '98, Lafayette '99, Princeton and Cornell '00. Lehigh was 1-3 at this point and still won a share of the league title. They're ahead of schedule this year. Lehigh pretty much dominated everyone in the league last year, which made the 22 pt loss to Lafayette that much more puzzling. Fordham has only beaten Lehigh once since 1989 and that came in '97 when Lehigh finished 4-7. Fordham is an improved team but their schedule hasn't been very good. Like i said earlier Lehigh has played extremely well in their conference games. Given the amount of guys who've been through the battles the last 2-3 years I see that happening again starting Saturday.

LehighFan11
October 2nd, 2007, 06:48 PM
Ok, im not going to try to defend the statement that lehigh's win v. harvard wasnt lucky beacuse it was. Lehigh didnt deserve to win that game at all. Harvard handed Lehigh the game at the end and Im really glad Bode made it all the way into the endzone beacuse i dont think lehigh's offense would of been able to score from the 5 yard line.
As for the Princeton game, there is no way that game was lucky. When your defense forces turnovers in the first half of the game and you build a big lead that is not lucky. Lehigh didnt win on a lucky 4th down converstion late or a fumble. Princeton may of played very sloppy, but that doesn't mean Lehigh "lucked out".
As for comparing Lehigh v. Lafayette, I want to see both teams finish their OCC schedules first.

ngineer
October 2nd, 2007, 09:08 PM
:) You say skill; I say luck. We'll settle all of this on the 17th of November. :)
By the way, I had a great time at Goodman on Saturday. A great day; a nice crowd; and very friendly people. A big thank you to you and your "kin."

And I'll take all the luck you don't want!!:D

Yes, it was a gorgeous day, but actually I was a little disappointed at the size of the crowd. I would have expected at least 10,000. Harvard didn't bring very many..couple hundred at most. For some reason it seems that all of the PL schools' attendance of their students has been decreasing..related to the increasing academic standards?? (More staying in the library, or other diversions?)

ngineer
October 2nd, 2007, 09:17 PM
ummm, hit the page up button and you'll see ...

i'll also provide a little context for the Mountain Hocks selection. I am 0 - 5 in picking Fordham games this year ... my firm belief in the 'hex' makes me certainly pick Lehigh for the win.

The one prediction that I've actually been dead on with, though, is that we're a team that could beat anyone on any given day and also a team that could lose to anyone as well. thus, i wouldn't be ridiculously surprised to see a win but would really not be surprised with any result at this point (including a blow out either way ... seriously). If we somehow did pull off the victoree ('sic' transit Gloria), I wouldn't be surprised if we get our butts cleaned (wait a minute - I think I mean 'clocks'?) ... when we travel to G-town. It's the nature of the beast when playing so many frosh & sophs but I'll take it in a heartbeat b/c we've already exceeded my expectations in how we've started out this season.

Any Engineer fans making it up here this weekend? I'll be offering pre-game tours of campus and guffaws all around followed by the post-game drowing of your sorrows. Seriously, interested in your thoughts on our young team as well as possibly grabbing a beer or two with you while you're on campus. Hoping for a great game.

I fully agree with your view. The result of this game, whichever way it goes, will not be a complete surprise. Fordham has shown they already have enough talent to win. The question is learning to win and not making mistakes. Lehigh's personnel have been through the tough crucible last year of close losses. The defense is 100% improved in terms of aggressiveness, which is due to the players being more comfortable with the new system, and the LB's being more mobile. I think Fordham has already opened some eyes and a win over us would be a confirmation coming on the heels of beating Colgate. I just don't think the Rams "are there yet", but getting close.

My Dad and I are coming up to the game on the Booster Bus, so we're limited on our time on campus, but wouldn't mind stopping by to say hi. Always good to meet other AGSers, and especially PLers!

LeopardFan04
October 2nd, 2007, 11:22 PM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Penn
Colgate
Lafayette

breezy
October 3rd, 2007, 07:35 AM
Predictions for Week 6 -- again going with heart and hunch rather than detailed analysis of the teams.

HOLY CROSS @ Brown. Cannot pick against my Saders. Should win this game as long as they are not deflated from Yale loss. Gilmore won't let that happen. HOLY CROSS.

LEHIGH @ FORDHAM. Fordham has surprised me so far this year, and my record in these picks is so bad that I need to find some upsets. Lehigh should win this game, but I'm going with the Rams. FORDHAM.

GEORGETOWN @ Pennsylvania. I would love to pick the Hoyas but I just think they do not have enough gas in the engine. PENNSYLVANIA.

BUCKNELL @ COLGATE. Not convinced by Bucknell's win over Marist and Colgate has to be fired up for this game or it can give up hope for the PL title. COLGATE.

Columbia @ LAFAYETTE. Columbia may be improved but I think the Pards still have too much. LAFAYETTE.

Andy
October 3rd, 2007, 08:59 AM
Reading through the thread, someone posted Lafayette was "embarrassed" in their loss to Ivy champ, Princeton. Not following that. With starting DT, CB, LB, DE, FS, TB all out with injuries and best defensive player hobbled, the kids battled to the end. No embarrassment whatsoever.

HC--PL QB of the present too much for Brown.

LU--QB of the future, Skelton, and young Rams overmatched by LU defense which has been creating their own breaks.

Penn

Colgate--yes, the recent Bison wins over 'gate do cause a pause.

Lafayette--with starting TB out for the game, could be a coming out party for soph speedster DeAndre Morrow, at least I hope so. As usual, opponent has a big edge at QB. Won't be easy.

carney2
October 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
Lafayette--with starting TB out for the game, could be a coming out party for soph speedster DeAndre Morrow.

This is the first I've heard that White will not be available. What's the problem this time? This would mark the 4th consecutive game where he has missed at least some playing time. Do we have a durability issue here?

How do we get to Morrow? The last I saw he was number 4 on the depth chart. I hope you're right. Someone has to step up.

Andy
October 3rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
This is the first I've heard that White will not be available. What's the problem this time? This would mark the 4th consecutive game where he has missed at least some playing time. Do we have a durability issue here?

How do we get to Morrow? The last I saw he was number 4 on the depth chart. I hope you're right. Someone has to step up.

Yesterday's media luncheon (video available www.goleopards.com) Coach T. said Mo almost definitely out for the game with the high ankle sprain from the PU game. Also, however, he says Mo's been limited with injuries since training camp and is now not even in game shape.

DeAndre has moved up to backup TB, Mitchell third. He also compliments Ty Coon's ST play and calls him our most physical back. He says it's time to see what the young guys can do and to look for them early on. Sounds good to me.

ngineer
October 3rd, 2007, 02:00 PM
Yesterday's media luncheon (video available www.goleopards.com) Coach T. said Mo almost definitely out for the game with the high ankle sprain from the PU game. Also, however, he says Mo's been limited with injuries since training camp and is now not even in game shape.
DeAndre has moved up to backup TB, Mitchell third. He also compliments Ty Coon's ST play and calls him our most physical back. He says it's time to see what the young guys can do and to look for them early on. Sounds good to me.

I sense they'll be resting him until November 17:D

Rjm7272
October 3rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
Holy Cross over Brown
Lehigh over Fordham
Penn over Georgetown
Lafayette over Columbia
Colgate over Bucknell

Pard 82
October 3rd, 2007, 09:00 PM

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2007, 10:35 PM
Brown 31 Holy Cross 28- Holy Cross is becoming too one dimensional.
Penn 24 Georgtown 7- The Quakers simply have more talent than the Hoyas.
Colgate 31 Bucknell 21- Colgate is struggling, thankfully for them they face an even more struggling Bison team.
Lehigh 34 Fordham 13- Lehigh's defense will keep the Rams under wraps and the Hawk's offense will be efficient.
Lafayette 27 Columbia 17- The 'Pards got a much needed bye to re-energize. They should be able to take care of the Lions at home.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 3rd, 2007, 10:40 PM
For what a CAA fan's opinion is worth:

HOLY CROSS (2-2, 1-0) @ Brown Coach Estes gets the Bears ready and pulls the upset 27-24

LEHIGH (3-1, 0-0) @ FORDHAM (3-2, 1-0) Rob Reis and his OLine compatriots pull the upset with a huge ground attack, 21-17.

GEORGETOWN (0-5, 0-2) @ Pennsylvania UPenn 45-7 as the Hoyas stay on track for 1-10

BUCKNELL (2-3, 0-0) @ COLGATE (2-2, 0-1) Colgate D's up in a 24-7 victory

Columbia @ LAFAYETTE (3-1, 1-0) Lafayette is too strong for a young Lions club. 'Pards 35-21

bison137
October 4th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Holy Cross
Fordham
Penn
Colgate
Lafayette

Fordham
October 4th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Nice shout out to the former VT POY Rob Reis! Good stuff.

As the week has progressed, I have become much more pessimistic about this game for the good guys. It could be my natural 'glass is 1/2 empty' look on life <carney, I need a refill and make it a double, por favor>, but the win last week AT Colgate was huge and I just think that we're such a young team that I could see us coming out flat the week following a big win like that. Hope that's not the case, obviously, but it's a clear risk. When you add into it that an athletic QB from Dayton gave us fits and it's clear to me that we're very susceptible to Sedalle's athleticism as well.

Nonetheless, hoping that we come out strong and that it's in front of a rabid fanbase.

DC 'gater
October 4th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Colgate
Lehigh
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Columbia

colorless raider
October 4th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Colgate
Brown
Lehigh
Penn
Columbia

Pard4Life
October 4th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Holy Cross 35, Brown 31
Lehigh 24, Fordham 21
Penn 28, Georgetown 14
Lafayette 28, Columbia 17
Colgate 34, Bucknell 20

Ken_Z
October 5th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Bison fans are currently extremely distraught over the lack of a second hoops commitment. my ability to focus and channel my energies to vision PL football outcomes has been compromised. only the ultimate demise of Lafayette remains clear.

HOLY CROSS 31 @ Brown 21: the good news, HC doesn't have their first hoops commitment yet. the bad news, their football team has passed us by.

LEHIGH 155 @ FORDHAM 155: can't make them both lose, so neither wins when ot is called off after 6 hours of failure by either team to stop the others offense.

GEORGETOWN 7 @ Pennsylvania 37: Penn is down, only a 30 point win for the Quakers. oh the shame.

BUCKNELL 14 @ COLGATE 24: alas, last years magic is not repeated. Mr.13 comes out of the woodwork to celebrate the avenging of the loss that sent him scurrying away from this board.

Columbia 10 @ LAFAYETTE 27: one more week til the wheels start to come off. enjoy it while you can my Leopard friends.

DFW HOYA
October 5th, 2007, 08:08 AM
GEORGETOWN (0-5, 0-2) @ Pennsylvania UPenn 45-7 as the Hoyas stay on track for 1-10

So the one is, what, Colgate? xeyebrowx

PeacockRaider
October 5th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Colgate
Lehigh
Lafayette
UPENN
Holy Cross

carney2
October 5th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Bison fans are currently extremely distraught over the lack of a second hoops commitment. my ability to focus and channel my energies to vision PL football outcomes has been compromised. only the ultimate demise of Lafayette remains clear.

HOLY CROSS 31 @ Brown 21: the good news, HC doesn't have their first hoops commitment yet. the bad news, their football team has passed us by.

LEHIGH 155 @ FORDHAM 155: can't make them both lose, so neither wins when ot is called off after 6 hours of failure by either team to stop the others offense.

GEORGETOWN 7 @ Pennsylvania 37: Penn is down, only a 30 point win for the Quakers. oh the shame.

BUCKNELL 14 @ COLGATE 24: alas, last years magic is not repeated. Mr.13 comes out of the woodwork to celebrate the avenging of the loss that sent him scurrying away from this board.

Columbia 10 @ LAFAYETTE 27: one more week til the wheels start to come off. enjoy it while you can my Leopard friends.

You need to pick a winner to have a valid submission. Really, you can do it. There are techniques that you have not yet considered:

Who would win this game if they both played in their underwear and dribbled on their shirts?

Which would have a messier stain on their windshield if they were playing the Buffalo?

Do you have any friends? No, let's be more specific here - do you have any friends that attended either school? Would that friendship affect your decision?

Flip a buffalo chip.

Ken_Z
October 5th, 2007, 10:44 AM
You need to pick a winner to have a valid submission. Really, you can do it. There are techniques that you have not yet considered:

Who would win this game if they both played in their underwear and dribbled on their shirts? Fordham

Which would have a messier stain on their windshield if they were playing the Buffalo? Lehigh

Do you have any friends? No, let's be more specific here - do you have any friends that attended either school? Would that friendship affect your decision? Fordham

Flip a buffalo chip. Lehigh

still tied

okay last and final tiebreaker, who will beat Lafayette by more points? winner, final score Fordam 156 - Lehigh 155

ColgateTD
October 5th, 2007, 11:30 AM
COLGATE
Lehigh
Holy Cross
Penn
Lafayette

carney2
October 5th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Despite a few contrarian picks - and one participant, Ken_Z, who is just downright contrary - this week's selections were so much same old, same old that Kid Konsensus took the week off. In his place I am supplying the official "line" on Saturday's games:

HOLY CROSS 7 1/2 over Brown

LEHIGH 8 1/2 over FORDHAM

Pennsylvania 21 over GEORGETOWN

COLGATE 11 over BUCKNELL

LAFAYETTE 13 over Columbia

Franks Tanks
October 5th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Holy Cross in a shootout
Lehigh in a solid win
Penn in a blowout
Colgate in a tight one
Lafayette because only Columbia is worse againt the Ivies than we are

CrusaderBob
October 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM
HOLY CROSS

FORDHAM - probably won't happen, but what hell I need some differentiation in my picks and didn't want to pick Bucknell on the road.

PENN

COLGATE

LAFAYETTE

Andy
October 5th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I sense they'll be resting him until November 17:D

Hah! Well, at least through the OOC games, you know Frank has his priorities straight. A full strength Mo for The Game would be nice. Of course, you fair minded Hawk fans wouldn't have it any other way. :)

ngineer
October 5th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Hah! Well, at least through the OOC games, you know Frank has his priorities straight. A full strength Mo for The Game would be nice. Of course, you fair minded Hawk fans wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Absolutely! You always want to beat your opponent's best.xthumbsupx

Pards Rule
October 7th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Nice shout out to the former VT POY Rob Reis! Good stuff.

As the week has progressed, I have become much more pessimistic about this game for the good guys. It could be my natural 'glass is 1/2 empty' look on life <carney, I need a refill and make it a double, por favor>, but the win last week AT Colgate was huge and I just think that we're such a young team that I could see us coming out flat the week following a big win like that. Hope that's not the case, obviously, but it's a clear risk. When you add into it that an athletic QB from Dayton gave us fits and it's clear to me that we're very susceptible to Sedalle's athleticism as well.

Nonetheless, hoping that we come out strong and that it's in front of a rabid fanbase.

Did that double from Carney change your viewpoint? Hey congrats on a HUGE win for the program...actually two in a row. Looking forward to the matchup in two weeks in Easton, PA.

carney2
October 7th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Week 6 results are posted in The Lounge.