PDA

View Full Version : Montana Finishes 4-game Homestand Undefeated!!!

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Montana beat 4 formidable opponents over the past 5 weeks at venerable Washington-Grizzly Stadium by a combined score of 139-41. They manhandled perennial GWFC cellar-dweller SUU, stomped a new mudhole in D-II Fort Lewis, then pasted limited-scholly Albany, before getting down and dirty with Weber State, who always seems to give the Griz fits. Going 4-0 at home is no easy task....just ask Arizona State Sun Devils, who also accomplished this feat this year!

Can there be ANY doubt, in ANYBODY's mind, that the Griz are a SOLID #1 in the FCS?

Really.....can there possibly be any doubt?

;)

Thoughts?

Talk amongst yourselves..... xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

DemiGS
September 30th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Montana beat 4 formidable opponents over the past 5 weeks at venerable Washington-Grizzly Stadium by a combined score of 139-41. They manhandled perennial GWFC cellar-dweller SUU, stomped a new mudhole in D-II Fort Lewis, then pasted limited-scholly Albany, before getting down and dirty with Weber State, who always seems to give the Griz fits. Going 4-0 at home is no easy task....just ask Arizona State Sun Devils, who also accomplished this feat this year!

Can there be ANY doubt, in ANYBODY's mind, that the Griz are a SOLID #1 in the FCS?

;)

Thoughts?

Right...

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Actually, I stand corrected. In reviewing the Griz schedule, they do have ONE MORE home game (EWU) before the venture out into that vast unknown beyond Missoula. xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

Has any team, ever, had 5 home games to start the season? xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

AlphaSigMD
September 30th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Somehow, I knew that weber would once again be a difficult game for the griz. Still, a win's a win, and the griz have a long way to go...

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Somehow, I knew that weber would once again be a difficult game for the griz. Still, a win's a win, and the griz have a long way to go...

Weber is to UM as Wofford is to ASU. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Casey_Orourke
September 30th, 2007, 01:38 AM

;)

Thoughts?

FORMIDABLE?????? You could have had better competition from the Pop Warner teams in and around Missoula.

But now that you have that #1 pinned on your chest....You know the Big Sky teams all have you firmly in their sights, and everyone may hit harder or play tougher that they would against the other teams, because neating Montana would give them some bragging rights in the BSC even if they didn't win. That undefeated streak will be tough to maintain this year.

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 01:39 AM
FORMIDABLE?????? You could have had better competition from the Pop Warner teams in and around Missoula.

But now that you have that #1 pinned on your chest....You know the Big Sky teams all have you firmly in their sights, and everyone may hit harder or play tougher that they would against the other teams, because neating Montana would give them some bragging rights in the BSC even if they didn't win. That undefeated streak will be tough to maintain this year.

Dude, that has been the case for 9 straight years. It's nothin' new. xrolleyesx We're everybody's Super Bowl in the Big Sky. xcoolx

How's PSU's undefeated streak going? xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Casey_Orourke
September 30th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Dude, that has been the case for 9 straight years. It's nothin' new. xrolleyesx We're everybody's Super Bowl in the Big Sky. xcoolx

maybe, but this year has already had some surprises in both subdivisions and I think there may be a few more before it is over.

At least PSU is undefeated in the Big Sky.

As far as surprises, I think Sac St. will surprise some folks before the season is over.

JALMOND
September 30th, 2007, 01:51 AM

Well, being that you asked...PSU currently is on a six game conference unbeaten streak. Vikings have not lost a conference game since last year in Bozeman.

I know, small potatoes for the Griz. But still impressive.

AlphaSigMD
September 30th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Weber is to UM as Wofford is to ASU. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Too-SHAY.

No_Skill
September 30th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Is this post a lobbying effort for #1 votes or are you being sarcastic with the post? I can't tell...

BisonBacker
September 30th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Is this post a lobbying effort for #1 votes or are you being sarcastic with the post? I can't tell...
I wondered the same thing but I don't think it's the latter based on last weeks discussions on this topic.

DB_Atlantic10
September 30th, 2007, 09:53 AM
This has to be sarcasm....xnonono2x

Casey_Orourke
September 30th, 2007, 10:02 AM

It is the typical Montana ego trip.

May all their future victories be Pyrrhic ones.

Longhorn
September 30th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Montana beat 4 formidable opponents over the past 5 weeks

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Appreciated the good laugh...post again when you beat Michigan. xpeacex

blackfordpu
September 30th, 2007, 10:12 AM

I think I can say with confidence that he was being very sarcastic with his post.

1Aneedsplayoffs
September 30th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Yall are retarded if you didnt smell that sarcasm....xrotatehx xrotatehx

UNHWildCats
September 30th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Actually, I stand corrected. In reviewing the Griz schedule, they do have ONE MORE home game (EWU) before the venture out into that vast unknown beyond Missoula. xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

Has any team, ever, had 5 home games to start the season? xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx
The benefit of having a large great stadium and a loyal fan base.

UNHWildCats
September 30th, 2007, 10:57 AM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

This from someone wearing the logo of Texas who......wait for it......lost at home by 20 yesterday to....... wait for it..... Kansas State! xlolx xlolx xlolx

cats2506
September 30th, 2007, 11:14 AM
AZ what is your view of Balogh's chop block.

Very early in the game on a key DL. Blew his knee

Maroons
September 30th, 2007, 11:20 AM
The first post made me laugh out loud. I'm glad to see that there are Grizz fans out there who can engage in a little self deprecation.

GOTOREROS
September 30th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Yes - that is why Montana is #2 in my poll. If you can keep winning you may even have a chance at #1 down the road...xsmiley_wix

bustingnut
September 30th, 2007, 11:31 AM
This from someone wearing the logo of Texas who......wait for it......lost at home by 20 yesterday to....... wait for it..... Kansas State! xlolx xlolx xlolx

You mean the same k-state team that beat them last year? Not really a big suprise.

SeattleGriz
September 30th, 2007, 01:18 PM

Very early in the game on a key DL. Blew his knee

I'm not AZ, but I did stay at a ...

I have never seen anyone on the Griz ever do something like that on purpose. I really don't believe it was done with malicious intent.

I mean hell, look at our games - total smackfest, but still "clean" shots.

BDKJMU
September 30th, 2007, 01:48 PM

;)

Thoughts?

Formidable? Thats a joke, right? Beating a mediocre Albany and struggling against a weak winless Weber St, plus the school of the deaf and blind, the little sisters of the poor all at home doesn't even put Montana in my top 5, maybe not even my top 10.

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 02:36 PM

;)

Thoughts?

I wondered the same thing but I don't think it's the latter based on last weeks discussions on this topic.

This has to be sarcasm....xnonono2x

It is the typical Montana ego trip.

May all their future victories be Pyrrhic ones.

I think I can say with confidence that he was being very sarcastic with his post.

Yall are retarded if you didnt smell that sarcasm....xrotatehx xrotatehx

For those of you who can't smell the sarcasm, you haven't been paying attention. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx Go back and read my original post without the Griz-hatin' glasses on....you'll see it. I promise. xthumbsupx

Mountain Panther
September 30th, 2007, 02:38 PM
For those of you who can't smell the sarcasm, you haven't been paying attention. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx Go back and read my original post without the Griz-hatin' glasses on....you'll see it. I promise. xthumbsupx

It's like trying to herd cats, ain't it AZ?

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 02:42 PM

Jesus. I guess.... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

th0m
September 30th, 2007, 02:53 PM
JMU has also witstood their 4-game homestand without a loss as well, and against the following teams: UNH, VMI, CCU and Villanova.

No_Skill
September 30th, 2007, 04:19 PM

There is always a little belief behind sarcastic comments. If a Bison fan had posted a similar thead, you'd be all over him. xcoffeex

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 04:32 PM
There is always a little belief behind sarcastic comments. If a Bison fan had posted a similar thead, you'd be all over him. xcoffeex

IF it was dripping with obvious sarcasm like mine was, no I wouldn't. Unfortunately, Bison fans actually BELIEVE the press clippings. So, the odds of a Bison fan actually being able to have an objective viewpoint (aside from Gil Dobie and a few others on this board) are somewhere between "slim" and "none". xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

uofmman1122
September 30th, 2007, 04:37 PM

Very early in the game on a key DL. Blew his kneeI'm not AZ, either, but that DL was uber pissed off. I don't know if the Ref called that or not, but there were a lot of things in that game that should have been called that weren't, and a lot of things that were called that shouldn't have been. On both teams, even. It was just a rough day. xrotatehx

Col Hogan
September 30th, 2007, 04:43 PM

Jesus. I guess.... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

I almost destroyed another keyboard when I read this.....

No_Skill
September 30th, 2007, 04:45 PM
IF it was dripping with obvious sarcasm like mine was, no I wouldn't. Unfortunately, Bison fans actually BELIEVE the press clippings. So, the odds of a Bison fan actually being able to have an objective viewpoint (aside from Gil Dobie and a few others on this board) are somewhere between "slim" and "none". xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

What were your reasons for starting this thread? To lighten the mood around here, to get a reaction, other...?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 30th, 2007, 04:57 PM
It would seem he started it as a little self deprecating humor in response to the thread titled "Northern Iowa finishes 4 game road trip undefeated!!"

uofmman1122
September 30th, 2007, 05:07 PM
What were your reasons for starting this thread? To lighten the mood around here, to get a reaction, other...?QQ more

What's wrong with having a little fun? xrotatehx

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 05:39 PM
What were your reasons for starting this thread? To lighten the mood around here, to get a reaction, other...?

Nope. Just to show how incredibly boorish most Bison fans are.....you guys must get your sense of humor surgically removed when you're born. xlolx xwhistlex
Dude, lighten up.....take a bong hit....SOMETHING. It's a long season. Get out of BisonBacker's basement and see the world! xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 05:40 PM
It would seem he started it as a little self deprecating humor in response to the thread titled "Northern Iowa finishes 4 game road trip undefeated!!"

Bingo. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

We have a winner! xbowx xbowx xbowx xcoffeex

Hansel
September 30th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Nope. Just to show how incredibly boorish most Bison fans are.....you guys must get your sense of humor surgically removed when you're born. xlolx xwhistlex
Dude, lighten up.....take a bong hit....SOMETHING. It's a long season. Get out of BisonBacker's basement and see the world! xthumbsupx

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/10001/normal_griz_stadium_from_above.jpg

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 05:45 PM
http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/10001/normal_griz_stadium_from_above.jpg

See. Hansel, you are firmly in Gil Dobie's corner as a Bison fan who GETS it!!!!

skinny_uncle
September 30th, 2007, 06:09 PM

There are only ten undefeated teams left in the FCS at this point, so we should not make light of such an accomplishment. They include:

Montana 4-0
Delaware 5-0
Hofstra 4-0
UNI 5-0
SIU 5-0
NDSU 4-0
Yale 3-0
San Diego 4-0
McNeese State 4-0
Southern U 5-0

SeattleGriz
September 30th, 2007, 06:59 PM
There are only ten undefeated teams left in the FCS at this point, so we should not make light of such an accomplishment. They include:

Montana 4-0
Delaware 5-0
Hofstra 4-0
UNI 5-0
SIU 5-0
NDSU 4-0
Yale 3-0
San Diego 4-0
McNeese State 4-0
Southern U 5-0

What the hell? San Diego doesn't belong in there. They haven't played ANYONE!!

More sarcasm by the way. We Griz feel your pain San Diego.

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 30th, 2007, 07:16 PM
FINALLY!!!!!!

A Griz fan with a sense of humor decides to have some fun and people try to rip the fur off him. xlolx xlolx xlolx

What is this the No-Humor Forum???

Like the sarcasm though xthumbsupx

cats2506
September 30th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I'm not AZ, either, but that DL was uber pissed off. I don't know if the Ref called that or not, but there were a lot of things in that game that should have been called that weren't, and a lot of things that were called that shouldn't have been. On both teams, even. It was just a rough day. xrotatehx

It was called, flag was laying next to the down player.
Did you see the replay on tv? Didn't look good to me.

I Bleed Purple
September 30th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Not to put a downer on the thread, but crackbacking anyone should be grounds for at least a team imposed one game suspension. I saw one by our RT against MSU and was unhappy to see it. One game is a small price compared to the games our DT will miss.

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Not to put a downer on the thread, but crackbacking anyone should be grounds for at least a team imposed one game suspension. I saw one by our RT against MSU and was unhappy to see it. One game is a small price compared to the games our DT will miss.

Go start your own thread, thread hijacker. This is a Montana sarcasm thread.... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

BigApp
September 30th, 2007, 09:25 PM

or even Rice or Louisiana-Lafayette! xpeacex

GrizDen
September 30th, 2007, 09:47 PM
or even Rice or Louisiana-Lafayette! xpeacex

Sorry, when the Griz play an FBS opponent on the road, we play a BCS team like Oregon or Iowa.xcoolx

Montana would never go on the road to play an inferior opponent in FBS like Rice and L.L. xpeacex

lizrdgizrd
September 30th, 2007, 09:54 PM

;)

Thoughts?

You know, AZ, I really had my doubts about the Griz being #1 material, but after that blocbuster, decisive victory over powerhouse Weber State I'm sold! Let's break out the big maroon fingers and start waving! :D

Hansel
September 30th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Sorry, when the Griz play an FBS opponent on the road, we play a BCS team like Oregon or Iowa.xcoolx

How did those turn out for y'all?

Montana would never go on the road to play an inferior opponent in FBS like Rice and L.L. xpeacex

Idaho

GrizDen
September 30th, 2007, 10:32 PM
How did those turn out for y'all?

Idaho

Well, the combined $1+ million we got from Oregon and Iowa helped us erase the debt of our Athletic department, so I'd say pretty good.

I was trying to stay more current, but since you brought it up. UM and Idaho signed a 5 year agreement to play from 1999-2003. Even though Idaho was a "I-A" team, 3 of the 5 games were in Missoula at the site of a "I-AA" team. The Griz won 4 of the 5 contests:

1999 - Idaho 33 - Griz 30 (I was at this game, although the Griz lost, it was a very exciting game).
2000 - Griz 45 - Idaho 38
2001 - Griz 33 - Idaho 27
2002 - Griz 38 - Idaho 31
2003 - Griz 41 - Idaho 28

xhurrayx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 30th, 2007, 10:39 PM
You know, AZ, I really had my doubts about the Griz being #1 material, but after that blocbuster, decisive victory over powerhouse Weber State I'm sold! Let's break out the big maroon fingers and start waving! :D

I'm waving a big maroon finger in your general direction lizrdgizrd.

FCS Go!
September 30th, 2007, 10:43 PM

I hope that's not the finger I think it is...xeekx

AZGrizFan
September 30th, 2007, 10:43 PM

Precisely.

Precisely. xthumbsupx

lizrdgizrd
September 30th, 2007, 10:51 PM

I hope that's not the finger I think it is...xeekx
I'm sure it's the one I'm thinking of. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Tod
October 1st, 2007, 02:04 AM
I'm sure it's the one I'm thinking of. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Wait, that's not a finger at all, it's a...alright, somebody throw a flag! xmadx

:D

McNeese75
October 1st, 2007, 09:53 AM
Wait, that's not a finger at all, it's a...alright, somebody throw a flag! xmadx

:D

xrolleyesx He said "Big" so that rules out that theory xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 2nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
xrolleyesx He said "Big" so that rules out that theory xlolx

Hey! I don't have to put up with that!! I'm hung like a STUD field mouse.