PDA

View Full Version : Any UMass AGS'rs attending UMass/BC?

KAUMASS
September 27th, 2007, 04:40 PM
I will be there..section FF!!

Parking looks like a nightmare. You need a sticker for on campus and any parking in the neighborhoods around the stadium will be towed. BC directions say to go to Needham commuter lot and they shuttle you in.

Say what you want about "big bad BC", UMass is due against an FBS squad and it will be a good game and we should hold our own. Weather is to be low 70's, perfect for us with less depth.

ASU88
September 27th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Take it to 'em Minutemen!!!

Met lots of UMass fans in Chatty last December. Fine bunch!

DrG
September 27th, 2007, 07:06 PM
I'll be in the UMass section - Section O, Row 20. I will take the Green Line to BC - no point in trying anything else.

minuteman65
September 27th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Nope. Waited too long, sold out. :(

appfan2008
September 27th, 2007, 07:35 PM
good luck to you minutemen... would love to see you hand it to the eagles

DrG
September 27th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks App fans and everybody else from AGS. May lightning strike twice!!!!

Cobblestone
September 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I will be there..section FF!!

Parking looks like a nightmare. You need a sticker for on campus and any parking in the neighborhoods around the stadium will be towed. BC directions say to go to Needham commuter lot and they shuttle you in.

Say what you want about "big bad BC", UMass is due against an FBS squad and it will be a good game and we should hold our own. Weather is to be low 70's, perfect for us with less depth.

Take the MBTA. Riverside Station to Chestnut Hill, fifteen minute walk to the stadium through a nice neighborhood with sidewalks. Enjoy.

saint0917
September 28th, 2007, 06:26 AM
I wish I could be their but I have to work overtime and I don't get out till two. I'll listen to it on the radio. :(

Old Cage
September 28th, 2007, 12:07 PM
From downtown or any other MBTA lines, take the Green Line's B Train to the Boston College stop.

I will be there in Section O.

UMass Alumni has sold out a 300 person pre-game BBQ.

Dane96
September 28th, 2007, 12:42 PM
I would love to be there...but have other obligations. My roommie will probably be with you alumns!

As much as I would love to see UMASS do it, this BC team looks VERY strong.

mrfeem
September 28th, 2007, 03:54 PM
UMASS GO AND SHAKE UP THE ACC. BEAT THE EVENTUAL ACC CHAMPS xthumbsupx GET EVEN MORE PUB FOR THE GOOD OLD FCS. GOOD LUCK!!

Col Hogan
September 28th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I wish...xbawlingx xbawlingx

But I will be ther in spirit...and since I went to a Jesuit High School, I really want us to spank them Eagles...

dennisdent
September 28th, 2007, 04:00 PM
ESPN 360 for me.

Thanks to the App Fans--I met a lot of great ones in Chatty.

EmeryZach
September 28th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I'm going. Sec BB Row 22. Can't wait. I'm leaving Amherst around 7:30 am. Going to pregame with my friends from BC first. Should be in the stadium by 12:30. I wanted to get into the UMass section but couldn't, so i'll be surrounded by BC fans. I drove 18 hours to Chatty last year, so this trip will be nothing. Go UMASS!!!

EmeryZach
September 28th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Seeya all tomorrow at Alumni Stadium

Kymermosst
September 28th, 2007, 11:41 PM
I wish I could be there, but we're going to be on a bus headed down to New Jersey.

I did go out and get a portable XM radio just so I can listen though. I'll probably never use it again after tomorrow..

Umass74
September 29th, 2007, 09:06 AM
After trips to Colgate and Maine and another planned to William & Mary, I'll be watching this one on ESPN360.

Glad to see a number of the brethren are going to the Heights. xthumbsupx

May the force be with them.

Sam Adams
September 29th, 2007, 02:10 PM
17-7 BC. ACC refs just screwed UMass reversing a fumble recovery call on the BC 28 yds line.

Sam Adams
September 29th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Coen to Horn TD !!!! PAT IS GOOD !!!!! 17-14 BC. UMASS IS STARTING TO ROLL!!! UMASS HAS SCORED ALL THE POINTS IN THE 2d Half !!!

ASU88
September 29th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Nice showing, UMass. Within 3 points in the 3rd and only had 47 total yards less than BC.

Played them better then NC State or Ga. Tech. :)

mistersykes
September 29th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Congrats on a great showing by the Minutemen!

EmeryZach
September 29th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Just got back from the game. UMass penalties killed them. Could have won that game if it wasn't for all the penalties. I think UMass had 17 penalties. Kept Matt Ryan in check, which shows huge promise for our defense. Ran the ball pretty well against a great run defense. Coen played well, but he got hurt again in the 4th. It looked like he hurt the same knee he hurt a couple weeks ago. Hopefully he will be ok, and the off week will help. Overall I am very very proud of the way we played.

umassfan
September 29th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Some things of note...

UMass held BC to the lowest points of their season... Held Ryan to the lowest passing total of his year... and UMass rushed for the most yards vs BC this season. We have a week off and UMassfan gets to see the next two games. Cant wait.:D

DrG
September 29th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Great effort by UMass today, but the penalties were a killer. The ACC officiating crew looked clueless at times, but many of the penalties were warranted. Even so, UMass had a chance to get within a field goal in the 4th quarter but Rasheed Rancher couldn't hold onto a third down pass deep in BC territory. He makes that catch and things get very interesting. But overall, we did FCS proud today. Thanks again for all the support here.

Old Cage
September 29th, 2007, 07:18 PM
1. Riding the Green Line still sucks
2. Great turnout and excellent chow at the UMass BBQ
3. Outstanding UMass crowd - both in numbers and in noise
4. Our level of talent and play is much closer to BC than just about anyone would imagine
5. Scott W. did just fine at qb

6., 7., 8., 9., and 10. If the ^&*^%$# penalties don't stop, we won't get anywhere near where we got to last year. And don't answer by saying that I probably said the same last year. Today it was quite likely the difference between victory and defeat.

umassfan
September 29th, 2007, 07:23 PM
1. Riding the Green Line still sucks
2. Great turnout and excellent chow at the UMass BBQ
3. Outstanding UMass crowd - both in numbers and in noise
4. Our level of talent and play is much closer to BC than just about anyone would imagine
5. Scott W. did just fine at qb

6., 7., 8., 9., and 10. If the ^&*^%$# penalties don't stop, we won't get anywhere near where we got to last year. And don't answer by saying that I probably said the same last year. Today it was quite likely the difference between victory and defeat.

I guess you forget the Navy game last season then.

Cobblestone
September 29th, 2007, 08:42 PM
UMASS fans should be feeling good after this one. Your team played very well against a top 25 FBS team. You'll more than likely win the CAA and will certainly be in the playoffs.

I'm just hoping that since we stole you assistant A.D. that we can somehow steal your coach. xsmiley_wix

UMass922
September 29th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I suppose when you play a ranked FBS team and you force them to play their starters the whole game, you've made a respectable showing. Not bad either when you hold a Heisman-caliber QB to fewer than five yards per pass attempt (24/42-204).

Still, the penalties are getting really frustrating, and the fact that UMass has been successful in spite of them the past season-and-a-half doesn't make me worry any less. It's only a matter of time before the flags cost us a game that matters.

Cobblestone
September 29th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I think the QB who came into the game in place of Coen did a nice job. The UMASS secondary has to be one of the best in the CAA; they looked that good to me today.

JoltinJoe
September 29th, 2007, 08:53 PM
I wish...xbawlingx xbawlingx

But I will be ther in spirit...and since I went to a Jesuit High School, I really want us to spank them Eagles...

I should have known you're a fellow Jebbie.:)

EmeryZach
September 29th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Some of those penalties today were just plain stupid.

Ram Ball
September 30th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Great showing by the Minutemen. Congrats on a tremendouos effort. How bad is Coen's injury?

EmeryZach
September 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM
He says he just sprained it again. He said when it happend he thought it was worse but the doctors checked him out and he just sprained it again. Luckily we have a bye week this week, so that will help.