PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Southern to play University of Miami 2008!

CSU Girl
September 27th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I told you we were going after big teams!
2008 U of Miami
2009 Florida
2010 undetermind
2011 Back to Hawaii

xrotatehx xnodx xthumbsupx :) :D

citdog
September 27th, 2007, 01:22 PM
god help them.

CSU Girl
September 27th, 2007, 01:24 PM
god help them.

Exactly!

lizrdgizrd
September 27th, 2007, 01:25 PM
2008 U of Miami
2009 Florida
2010 undetermind
2011 Back to Hawaii

Well, everyone one wants an FCS patsy. xsmiley_wix

MarkCCU
September 27th, 2007, 02:05 PM
It's nice to dream...it's nice.

ChickenMan
September 27th, 2007, 02:28 PM
2008 U of Miami
2009 Florida
2010 undetermind
2011 Back to Hawaii

A very tough way to make money... xthumbsdownx

citdog
September 27th, 2007, 02:46 PM

no kidding

Peems
September 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Miami looked damn near untouchable against A&M and they will only get better from here on out. Sure they got smoked by Oklahoma and I'm pretty damn sure that Oklahoma is the better team, but Miami seemed to finally be clicking and Randy Shannon will get them better. I pray that no one on the CSU team dies that day xprayx

Khan4Cats
September 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Nuts, I know this was the "big-name" program that UNI was trying to get on the schedule for next year. Oops, I think beating Iowa State may have backed them off. We have also been talking with LSU and Florida State, but not as seriously. Miami (FL) would have been a nice payday. Our back-up plan is for much less money at Buffalo. That might not be bad as we will be breaking in a new QB and a mostly new O-Line next year. And we have a good chance at getting a W.

appfan2008
September 27th, 2007, 03:16 PM
go get em csu... :)

your schedule looks a lot like apps as we have lsu georgia vt and florida in the next four years

SuperJon
September 27th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Except App has proven that can keep a game respectable (like the one vs LSU two years ago).

ATrain
September 27th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I will definitely cheer for CSU in that game...even though I have a feeling it'll be over after the first five minutes.

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM
This must be the game opening that Miami was trying to fill when UNT dropped Miami to play LSU. UNT was responsible for finding a foe, if I am not mistaken.

Good for Chuck South. A trip to Miami is much better than one to North Greenville... ;)

CSU Girl
September 28th, 2007, 08:42 AM
go get em csu... :)

your schedule looks a lot like apps as we have lsu georgia vt and florida in the next four years

Thanks App! Our coaches spent a couple days with your coaches and they said it was a really great experience, then you beat Michigan and we were so excited! I dont care what any of these guys say CSU is working hard a building a better program, and they are doing a great job. This will only help them, it will help with recruiting and getting better facilities and getting more money for scholarships.

CSU Girl
September 28th, 2007, 08:45 AM
And thanks to those who will be cheering us on!!! We will need it, it will be tough but we sure scared Hawaii in the first half last week!

SuperJon
September 28th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Yea, scared em so much that they beat you by over 50 with their 3rd string.

CSU Girl
September 28th, 2007, 08:53 AM
It was not their 3rd string. I don't care what you say, our boys never gave up, they played hard.

OL FU
September 28th, 2007, 08:56 AM

Seems to have worked for The Citadelxnodx

SuperJon
September 28th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I just don't agree with taking a pay check and getting completely killed year in and year out. I'm ok with the occasional pay check/embarrassing loss game. There are exceptions to everything. I'd much rather get a pay check for a game that I could keep respectable, and not just in the first half. When you get into a game where a team is dropping 50-60-70 points on you it doesn't help your recruiting and just gets your kids hurt and your pockets stuffed.

MarkCCU
September 28th, 2007, 09:06 AM

It works for every team.

LehighFan11
September 28th, 2007, 09:08 AM
O man im a huge miami fan and all i have to say is good luck. Randy will have that team ready to compete next year. Just a word of advice to your players...dont try to talk crap to the miami players cuz it will get ugly. GO U

citdog
September 28th, 2007, 09:09 AM

we have a history of fighting valiantly in hopeless causes!

CSU Girl
September 28th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I just don't agree with taking a pay check and getting completely killed year in and year out. I'm ok with the occasional pay check/embarrassing loss game. There are exceptions to everything. I'd much rather get a pay check for a game that I could keep respectable, and not just in the first half. When you get into a game where a team is dropping 50-60-70 points on you it doesn't help your recruiting and just gets your kids hurt and your pockets stuffed.

I understand you theory, however knowing Coach Mills, he believes one of the ways to get better is to play someone better than you. The experience that the guys shared traveling to Hawaii together was something that brought them closer together, if you go on our team website you can read the day by day break down of events. It was a great team building experience.

SuperJon
September 28th, 2007, 09:18 AM
A team building experience at what expense though? A six hour time difference, jet lag that probably took until Wednesday to get over, being made fun of in the national media, etc. Is that worth it?

citdog
September 28th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I understand you theory, however knowing Coach Mills, he believes one of the ways to get better is to play someone better than you. The experience that the guys shared traveling to Hawaii together was something that brought them closer together, if you go on our team website you can read the day by day break down of events. It was a great team building experience.

hell, you get that EVERY YEAR when you come from white trash heaven (ladson, North Chas) to the land betwixt the Ashley and the Cooper to play The Citadel!

CSU Girl
September 28th, 2007, 09:26 AM
A team building experience at what expense though? A six hour time difference, jet lag that probably took until Wednesday to get over, being made fun of in the national media, etc. Is that worth it?

Many of our boys before this trip had never even been on a plane! This experience gave many men an opportunity to go somewhere and see something they may never have had a chance to do otherwise. I did not see anything about us being made fun of in the media, actually the Hawaii players and coaches said they were humbled by us, and admired our determination and work ethic.

CSU Girl
September 28th, 2007, 09:27 AM
hell, you get that EVERY YEAR when you come from white trash heaven (ladson, North Chas) to the land betwixt the Ashley and the Cooper to play The Citadel!

You guys are tough, we enjoy playing you. But we are having a hard time scheduling you in the future. You have a great coach!

citdog
September 28th, 2007, 09:29 AM
You guys are tough, we enjoy playing you. But we are having a hard time scheduling you in the future. You have a great coach!

With Samford coming into the SoCon and our series with VMI we may not play again for quite a while. We have to play VMI, and CSU not so much.

SuperJon
September 28th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Many of our boys before this trip had never even been on a plane! This experience gave many men an opportunity to go somewhere and see something they may never have had a chance to do otherwise. I did not see anything about us being made fun of in the media, actually the Hawaii players and coaches said they were humbled by us, and admired our determination and work ethic.

They can get on a plane and play on the East Coast. In a couple publications, you guys were listed as College of Charleston. Can't say that helps recruiting. I understand what you're saying, but what happens if the team comes out flat and gets embarrassed by North Greenville? Those guys are probably just now adjusting to being back on the east coast.

citdog
September 28th, 2007, 09:33 AM
They can get on a plane and play on the East Coast. In a couple publications, you guys were listed as College of Charleston. Can't say that helps recruiting. I understand what you're saying, but what happens if the team comes out flat and gets embarrassed by North Greenville? Those guys are probably just now adjusting to being back on the east coast.

looks like we have a battle of the Baptists here, my money is on CSUGIRL!xwhistlex

MarkCCU
September 28th, 2007, 09:34 AM
we have a history of fighting valiantly in hopeless causes!

Save the South... lost
Save the Males... lost

citdog
September 28th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Save the South... lost
Save the Males... lost

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

SuperJon
September 28th, 2007, 09:36 AM
looks like we have a battle of the Baptists here, my money is on CSUGIRL!xwhistlex

I am by no means and never plan on being Baptist.

BulldogFan
September 28th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Having seen what AD Robinson has done with The Citadel scheduling, it's a "win-lose-win" situation. $$-score-national recognition. Unfortunately, Miami is on the comeback trail. Shannon has brought discipline to the long standing renegade reputation to The U. The addition of Samford has put a slight crunch on non-conference scheduling and with the expanding playoff numbers a 12 game regular season schedule is not in the cards like in BCS.

SuperJon
September 28th, 2007, 10:10 AM
People know who the Citadel is though. People had the game listed last week as College of Charleston vs Hawaii. That's not national recognition.

BulldogFan
September 28th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Gotta start somewhere. CofC doesn't even play football. These "people" obviously didn't do any homework before printing this game note. Also, the PR folks in the athletic dept. have to be proactive when these games are scheduled. Typical growing pains of a small program getting their name out.

lizrdgizrd
September 28th, 2007, 10:17 AM
People know who the Citadel is though. People had the game listed last week as College of Charleston vs Hawaii. That's not national recognition.
It is for CofC! xlolx xlolx xlolx

citdog
September 28th, 2007, 10:18 AM
It is for CofC! xlolx xlolx xlolx

YOU MUST SPREAD SOME REP AROUND.......

Go...gate
September 28th, 2007, 12:27 PM
With Samford coming into the SoCon and our series with VMI we may not play again for quite a while. We have to play VMI, and CSU not so much.

You could just declare victory and play somebody else!

citdog
September 28th, 2007, 12:51 PM
You could just declare victory

who are we Nixon?

terrierbob
September 28th, 2007, 01:37 PM
We're playing Undetermined in 2009.

CSUBUCDAD
September 28th, 2007, 01:42 PM
My daddy always told me if you're gonna get your tail whipped, might as well get it good and whipped:D

In all seriousness, I completely agree with what Coach Mills is doing. The only way to quickly improve facilities is by building your caufers and you gotta play the big boys to do that.

BestOfBreed
September 28th, 2007, 03:40 PM

Wofford plays at South Florida in 2009.

September 5, 2009: Wofford @ South Florida

TheBisonator
September 28th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Maybe you can use some of that FBS check money to build a decent football stadium...xcoolx

brownbear
September 28th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Wofford plays at South Florida in 2009.

September 5, 2009: Wofford @ South Florida

That will be a tough game. South Florida is probably the second best team in the state of Florida (ahead of Miami and FSU)

IaaScribe
September 29th, 2007, 01:19 AM
It was not their 3rd string. I don't care what you say, our boys never gave up, they played hard.

What is this, high school soccer?

SuperJon
September 30th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I understand what you're saying, but what happens if the team comes out flat and gets embarrassed by North Greenville? Those guys are probably just now adjusting to being back on the east coast.

Understand what I'm talking about now? You guys had a great comeback, no one will deny that, but for a team that "scared Hawaii," getting beat by NGU in the 4th quarter proves that the team was still trying to recover from last week.

CSU Girl
October 1st, 2007, 09:11 AM
Understand what I'm talking about now? You guys had a great comeback, no one will deny that, but for a team that "scared Hawaii," getting beat by NGU in the 4th quarter proves that the team was still trying to recover from last week.

We won! Yes, they were still tired, that is why the team was smart to plan for a D2 school for the game after Hawaii. They know what they are doing and trying to accomplish. You will see....

CSU Girl
October 1st, 2007, 09:13 AM
What is this, high school soccer?

Nice one! It only took you a few pages to come up with that one. xnonono2x

MarkCCU
October 1st, 2007, 09:15 AM

They've played like Champs latley, but every now and again you see them upset.

CSUbucFan
October 1st, 2007, 05:59 PM
Superjon, come on man i have read a couple of your post and how in the world do you think playing big schools hurts recruiting. If i were a highschool player getting recruited and got overlooked by the big schools and had a chance to play them at a smaller school like CSU why on earth would that make me not wanna go there. And buddy let me tell you i watched the csu vs. hawaii game and if not for a few plays that was anybodys game in the 1st half. In the second half Hawaii just showed they had more depth but CSU still played an awesome game. So maybe you should do some research before posting something man

walliver
October 1st, 2007, 06:22 PM

Will you still have room on your schedule for Webber Grill?

Ol Blue
October 2nd, 2007, 12:01 PM
The players are looking forward to traveling to the big stadiums and playing in that atmosphere. There is always the chance to walk through the door opened by App State.

And of course we all know that CSU needs to raise money for facilities.

citdog
October 2nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Will you still have room on your schedule for Webber Grill?

no, we plan to fill that slot with Georgetown, KENTUCKY.xwhistlex xwhistlex