PDA

View Full Version : ---> 2007-2008 AGS Donation Drive! <---

agsadmin
September 26th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Long ago, in a galaxy far far away... you used to exist without FCS football. You watched ESPN. You got excited about the Rose Bowl. You actually followed Notre Dame. And then something magical happened:

You discovered FCS.

Perhaps it was by chance. Perhaps you went to a college that happened to play FCS or live near a school that has embraced the highest level of NCAA championship football. The truth is, it doesn't matter. You've been bitten by the FCS bug. It's infectious AND contagious. And friends, I think we all know the only cure that lasts is Any Given Saturday.

In less than six short years, Any Given Saturday has ballooned into THE place for FCS football. Over four thousand fellow FCS fanatics have found refuge in the hallowed halls of AGS in the last two years and have created a community unrivaled in all of college football. Unfortunately, this community cannot live on good ideas and debate alone.

The time has come to ask for your help.

+ AGS is funding software to make our conversations happen. We currently use software that costs $30 per year.
+ AGS needs new web hosting to house all of our amazing conversations. We currently pay $192 per month for web hosting.
+ AGS is funding a Paypal account to accept donations.
+ AGS is funding the podcasting account for CSN Waves.
+ AGS is funding the AGS Market (http://www.cafepress.com/agsmarket).

When it is all said and done, AGS costs a little more than $215 per month. It's not a ton of money, but it is not monopoly money either.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/76/167947883_ed4aacda55.jpg

If you love AGS... if you're coming here at least once a week to shoot the breeze about FCS and everything else... if you want to see AGS continue into the great beyond: it's time to vote with your dollar.

Whether it is a $10 donation for your 20 posts a month or a $35 donation for your 200 posts a month, any amount that you can offer will help.

We also want to make sure that those generous souls that support AGS get recognized, so there will be a new opportunity for the philanthropic members of our community. For the price of $215, you (or your group of friends) can have the satisfaction of paying for a whole month of AGS and be recognized for it on Any Given Saturday. (Note: November, 2007 is sold out)

Folks that support AGS with a $20 donation will have this icon displayed with their posts (renewable every October 1):

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/buttons/AGSDonorbutton.gif

Folks that support AGS with at least $30 this year will receive a special vinyl AGS sticker like this:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/AGSsticker.jpg

There will be more fundraising efforts in the future but for now, please think hard about what you could spare to keep AGS at the hub of the FCS universe.

FCS life without Any Given Saturday is hard to fathom, isn't it?

To make a donation, you simply click on the "Make a Donation" button at the bottom of any page at AGS. Be sure to note your member name when you donate or if you are not a member.

Thank you in advance for whatever you can do to support our community.

xbowx xbowx xthumbsupx :) :) xpeacex

Tod
September 26th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Done. xthumbsupx

FCSFAN
September 26th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Me too! Give me that sticker!

bisonguy
September 26th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Wow, that was quick and easy. Now I get a green bar for another year! xthumbsupx

citdog
September 27th, 2007, 11:57 AM
mailing address?

JoltinJoe
September 27th, 2007, 02:02 PM
I think I'm in. But without thinking I did something they tell you never to do. I got the email, clicked on the link, and paid.

So help me AGS? Did you get it? It would have come from my jmcerra address through paypal. Or did I send it to some very clever scam artist?

agsadmin
September 27th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I think I'm in. But without thinking I did something they tell you never to do. I got the email, clicked on the link, and paid.

So help me AGS? Did you get it? It would have come from my jmcerra address through paypal. Or did I send it to some very clever scam artist?
Received and appreciated. Thank you JoltinJoe! xthumbsupx

citdog
September 27th, 2007, 03:51 PM
MAILING ADDRESS? PLEASE!

GoldandBlack
September 27th, 2007, 04:31 PM

Exactly the same problem here- receivedxconfusedx

Tod
September 27th, 2007, 08:30 PM
MAILING ADDRESS? PLEASE!

AGS, c/o Tod
P.O. Box we are #1
Missoula, MT 59803

agsadmin
September 28th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Sorry for any confusion. Everyone, please make sure to put your AGS user name in the notes section of the PayPal screen. It makes it much easier for us to give you credit for donating.

Thanks to all who have contributed so far. Please keep them coming. We're trying to do this drive once per year so we don't have to keep asking over and over. However, please feel free to donate at any time during the year. Even if you can only give $5-10... it all adds up. Thanks!

NDState6531
September 28th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Done.

RadMann
September 29th, 2007, 08:12 AM
I just made a donation via the pay pal site.

RadMann

CSN-info
September 30th, 2007, 07:34 PM
CSN will sponsor a month of AGS. AGS is the best community of FCS enthusiasts nationwide and we encourage all readers and members to donate to this great group.

We gladly donate the month sponsorship amount but if 12 teams donate we'll step aside and allow them to have the month. FCS promotion is what it's all about.

EmeryZach
October 1st, 2007, 05:06 PM
Did it. Thanks AGS!

BobbyMo
October 1st, 2007, 11:40 PM
Mailing address please
EDIT: If any RMU fans want to join in for a RMU month let me know. If we could get enough NEC fans could we do an NEC month? I would be down for that as well.

Thanks

agsadmin
October 2nd, 2007, 11:12 AM
Mailing address please
EDIT: If any RMU fans want to join in for a RMU month let me know. If we could get enough NEC fans could we do an NEC month? I would be down for that as well.

ThanksCheck your PM.

We're nearing the halfway mark in funds collected in our donation drive. Let's kick it into gear and finish strong!

xbowx xthumbsupx

BlueHen86
October 2nd, 2007, 01:59 PM
Sorry for any confusion. Everyone, please make sure to put your AGS user name in the notes section of the PayPal screen. It makes it much easier for us to give you credit for donating.

Thanks to all who have contributed so far. Please keep them coming. We're trying to do this drive once per year so we don't have to keep asking over and over. However, please feel free to donate at any time during the year. Even if you can only give $5-10... it all adds up. Thanks!

I was just getting ready to post about this, but then noticed my cool green donor bar.xthumbsupx
Thanks, I know I forgot to include my AGS username.

KAUMASS
October 2nd, 2007, 07:04 PM
I donated through Paypal last week...Did you guys receive?

Thanks, KA

KAUMASS
October 2nd, 2007, 07:05 PM
I donated through Paypal last week...Did you guys receive?

Thanks, KA

I did put my username on the paypal line...

EmeryZach
October 2nd, 2007, 10:14 PM
Just wondering when my cool green donor bar will be coming, and I put my username in the notes section. I'm a little sad, it looks so cool.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
Sweet i got my green bar, now i just need my cling-on. Lehigh-Lafayette month is just around the corner.

bulldog10jw
October 2nd, 2007, 11:21 PM
Where is my green bar?xconfusedx

Monarch Nation
October 3rd, 2007, 09:14 AM
Done.

Golden Kitten
October 4th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I hope you received mine...

Syntax Error
October 17th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I just donated

WWII
October 17th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Donated, but no green barxbawlingx

Umass74
October 18th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I donated this year and last and no green bar :(

Umass74
October 18th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Wel that was quick xlolx

89Hen
October 19th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I hope you received mine...
Donor with one post! xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xbowx

BEAR
October 20th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I just donated, but it had no where to put my username. I love this site and wish I could afford to donate more. xbowx xlolx Thanks for being a great outlet for all FCS AGS! xhurrayx

ASUG8
October 26th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Donated this AM through Paypal, and PM'd my name and username. Thanks for a great site!

agsadmin
October 26th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks you two, it is members like you who help us all enjoy our community.

Let's wrap this drive up members, we're in the home stretch! If you are considering donating to AGS please do it ASAP!! xthumbsupx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 26th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I just made a donation via PayPal. I missed that "Notes" section and never added my Username. Were you able to associate that payment with me?

ASUG8
October 30th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Donated this AM through Paypal, and PM'd my name and username. Thanks for a great site!

Also didn't get the donation banner - PM'd you. Thanks!

bandl
November 13th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Can't believe it took me this long, but I finally got around to renewing my donation. xthumbsupx

bandl
November 19th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Can't believe it took me this long, but I finally got around to renewing my donation. xthumbsupx

Just curious, but when do I get the "AGS Donor" icon?? xconfusedx

alexale23
December 13th, 2007, 06:28 PM
If a donate enough for a month can I get an ALEXALE BANNER at the top

UNHWildCats
December 13th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I believe the months are all sold out, might have to wait til next year.

Ivytalk
December 13th, 2007, 09:19 PM
I believe the months are all sold out, might have to wait til next year.

Or the year after that...or...xrolleyesx

alexale23
December 14th, 2007, 01:29 PM
AGSADIM can u please answer my question if you guys want a large donation.

UNHWildCats
December 14th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Mr. admin.... i bet theres a group of members who would combine and double any offered donation by alex if you banned his IP permanently :p

Just look at all the money offered just to get rid of a picture of a guy licking his lip LOL

BlueHen86
December 14th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I say let him, for the right price.

I will be happy to write the alexail fact of the day blurb.

OsageJ
December 17th, 2007, 06:10 PM
I just donated but forgot to put my username in the box.