St Francis (Pa.)
Liberty
7:00 pm

Charleston Southern
North Greenville College
7:00pm

Home teams in bold

Better Week for the BSouth.

Austin Peay has been playing tough. xnodx I am hopeful for a GW win but I wouldn't count on it.

North Greenville is only 1-3 but I certainly wouldn't count them out of that game. But I will take CSU.

VMI- Robert Morris, no cluexconfusedx

bjtheflamesfan
September 26th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Quick note: Sorry for not getting Week 4 up. I spent all of last week fighting a very bad sinus infection and spent most of my time I wasn't in class in bed.

terrierbob
September 26th, 2007, 07:41 AM
When did N. Greenville become a 4 year college? (I left the area except for short visits in '79).

OL FU
September 26th, 2007, 07:44 AM
When did N. Greenville become a 4 year college? (I left the area except for short visits in '79).

Beats me I was surprised to find out it was NG Universityxeekx

bodoyle
September 26th, 2007, 07:59 AM
VMI
Robert Morris
1:00pm

Austin Peay
Gardner-Webb
6:00pm

St Francis (Pa.)
Liberty
7:00 pm

Charleston Southern
North Greenville College
7:00pm

Home teams in bold

VMI, Austin Peay, Fighting Falwells, chucky 3-1 for the BSC

walliver
September 26th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Beats me I was surprised to find out it was NG Universityxeekx

All the wanna-bes are now "University", including NGU and Anderson University. For the most part, that term is now so overused that it means nothing (but North Greenville and Anderson think it sounds neater.)

As far as the big south.

1) The Charleston Baptists woop up on the Tigerville Baptists.

2) The Boiling Springs Baptists defeat Austin Peay

3) The Virginia Baptists defeat St. Frances (which I assume is not Baptist)

4) VMI should beat Robert Morris in the only non-Baptist matchup.

OL FU
September 26th, 2007, 09:51 AM
All the wanna-bes are now "University", including NGU and Anderson University. For the most part, that term is now so overused that it means nothing (but North Greenville and Anderson think it sounds neater.)

As far as the bid south.

1) The Charleston Baptists woop up on the Tigerville Baptists

Interesting, I think you are right because when I hear college I think panache and exclusivity (the good kindxsmiley_wix ). xthumbsupx

Here is to you guys not changingxnodx

OLDLCOACH111
September 26th, 2007, 11:30 AM
VMI
Gardner-Webb
Liberty
Charleston Southern

They all win this week

catamount man
September 26th, 2007, 01:32 PM

Thumper250
September 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM
The folks in Conway must really think G-W stinks this year. Not sure where that perception comes from. Although Austin Peay has been very impressive, I'd expect a G-W win at home this week.

Thumper250
September 26th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Here's the scoop on G-W, by the way. I've seen two games. This is the best team they've put on the field in 15 years.

OLDLCOACH111
September 26th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Like I said in another post

I would think Gardner Webb is the top team in the confrence, looking at the statistics ( conference only) here is how they rank

1. Passing Offense
1. In total offense
1. Total defense
1. Scoring Defense
1. passing Defense
1. in sacks
2nd in rushing defense
3rd in rushing offense

And that is after playing two FBS ( Div 1 teams). Those scores although losing, were respectable Ohio 14-36 Mississippi state 15-31 .

Their offense put up more yards and first downs against Mississippi state than Tulane and Auburn and was A few yards away FROM MATCHING LSU....

bjtheflamesfan
September 27th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Thought Id throw this one in too for all you Blue Hose followers out there

Presbyterian
NC Central
2 PM

MarkCCU
September 27th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Mid 90's. It became a University about 3 years ago.

Thumper250
September 30th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Ok. Retraction time.

Saw G-W play last night (Saturday) against Austin Peay. Third game I've seen. My last post should have said they are fielding the best team they've had in 15 months, not 15 years. xbawlingx

They aren't bad. Much better than 06, most noticable on defense. But too many mental errors, especially penalties on both sides, against AP. Now if AP is better than their 3-2 record, we'll see.

CCU97
September 30th, 2007, 07:35 PM
The folks in Conway must really think G-W stinks this year. Not sure where that perception comes from. Although Austin Peay has been very impressive, I'd expect a G-W win at home this week.

Not sure where this train of thought came from other than Bob saying he picked AP to win...as a whole the Big South (BS) stinks this year and should just be refered to as the BS conference....It may be that we all tie for the conference this year....Liberty was overrated, GW although improved over last year...not a playoff level team.....CCU...well we know how bad we are this year....Heck even CSU and VMI have a shot this year cause nobody has shown me that they are the cream of the crop yet....and even the cream of this crop is just going to be mediocre in the FCS....

Right now my early edge is to GW....with Liberty a close second....then CCU....but you never know...one team could catch fire and actually play like a full team before the season is over and win the BS....