PDA

View Full Version : Southern Heritage Classic organizer suing Jackson State and SWAC

bonarae
March 14th, 2022, 07:54 PM
...not looking good.

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/local/southern-heritage-classic-organizer-suing-jsu-conference/H67UJS7Q6NCM5FZSE7SZILT2RE/?taid=622fc1ef43b33f0001db0b4e

unknown3
March 15th, 2022, 08:43 AM
They'll pay it and move on most likely. JSU knows the way they pulled out of that game was tacky.

WestCoastAggie
March 15th, 2022, 08:51 AM
They'll pay it and move on most likely. JSU knows the way they pulled out of that game was tacky.

Nah, they're going to fulfill that contract.

walliver
March 15th, 2022, 09:29 AM
It looks like JSU made a bad deal. Only $350,000 for bringing 40,000 fans.

WestCoastAggie
March 15th, 2022, 09:45 AM
It looks like JSU made a bad deal. Only $350,000 for bringing 40,000 fans.

is it really a bad deal? The game is 3 hours away from Jackson, MS., and they signed the deal 18 months before Deion became the HC. There are ways to approach promoters for a renegotiation but to just send a notice of termination mentioning the SWAC Classic as the reason was not the best way to do this.

- - - Updated - - -

And it wasn’t just Jackson State bringing fans. Tennessee State Tigers also helped fill the Liberty Bowl for 30 years.

Professor
March 15th, 2022, 11:10 AM
Nah, they're going to fulfill that contract.

I tend to agree, if Fred wins this lawsuit

ASU33
March 15th, 2022, 04:07 PM
is it really a bad deal? The game is 3 hours away from Jackson, MS., and they signed the deal 18 months before Deion became the HC. There are ways to approach promoters for a renegotiation but to just send a notice of termination mentioning the SWAC Classic as the reason was not the best way to do this.

- - - Updated - - -

And it wasn’t just Jackson State bringing fans. Tennessee State Tigers also helped fill the Liberty Bowl for 30 years.

Tennessee State ain't bringing that many people to Memphis. Jackson State literally accounts for 70% of the crowd and that's being conservative.

UNAPride
March 16th, 2022, 02:44 PM
...not looking good.

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/local/southern-heritage-classic-organizer-suing-jsu-conference/H67UJS7Q6NCM5FZSE7SZILT2RE/?taid=622fc1ef43b33f0001db0b4e

Prime getting a lesson on contract law.

JayJ79
March 17th, 2022, 06:57 AM
isn't that the whole point of having a contract? so that both sides have to do what they agreed to do, else they face penalties for breach of contract?

POD Knows
March 17th, 2022, 08:08 AM
If you want a good laugh, go on to any JSU fan thread. They might be the most delusional fan base in college football.

kdinva
March 17th, 2022, 09:09 AM
Prime getting a lesson on contract law.

he can pay the fine from his Afflac commercials.

McNeese75
March 17th, 2022, 09:12 AM
he can pay the fine from his Afflac commercials.

I lost a little respect for Saban for even working with him in an commercial xlolx

Hammerhead
March 18th, 2022, 02:46 PM
Many teams out west wish there were more games only three hours away. Even USD and St. Thomas are farther than three hours of driving time from Fargo which leaves UND and SDSU as the only division I schools closer than a three-hour drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Lehigh Football Nation
March 18th, 2022, 03:30 PM
isn't that the whole point of having a contract? so that both sides have to do what they agreed to do, else they face penalties for breach of contract?

It seems like it was very much needed in this case!

WestCoastAggie
March 18th, 2022, 05:33 PM
Many teams out west wish there were more games only three hours away. Even USD and St. Thomas are farther than three hours of driving time from Fargo which leaves UND and SDSU as the only division I schools closer than a three-hour drive.

That's probably why you all garner more money from FBS teams; travel expenses.

Puddin Tane
March 18th, 2022, 06:02 PM

hmm…kinda like the new effin WACk. We have one school, sfa, 2 hours away.
Then i reckon its san antonio, then wherever the hell Tarelton is…

Puddin Tane
March 18th, 2022, 06:06 PM
Oh my bad….we got sammie for another year? Before they waste away in obscurity?

Libertine
March 18th, 2022, 10:30 PM
If you want a good laugh, go on to any JSU fan thread. They might be the most delusional fan base in college football.

You do know this is AGS, right? This place is ground zero for delusional fan bases.

POD Knows
March 18th, 2022, 10:44 PM
You do know this is AGS, right? This place is ground zero for delusional fan bases.
Yea. That is what I thought until I got to read and see real delusion on a couple threads regarding this subject from some JSU fans. I mean, it is delusion that all of us should benchmark and employ here to keep things lively. I felt totally “delusionally” inadequate, I was reading things from the minds and hands of the masters.