PDA

View Full Version : NwSt and ULM Game on Sportscenter

bobcatfan06
September 1st, 2005, 10:21 PM
They just had highlights of the NwSt and ULM game on Sportscenter. Lee Greenwood sang "God Bless the USA" before the game and 5000 hurricane refugees were at the game free of charge. After the first TD was scored, the evacuees were asked to stand up and given a standing ovation from both players and fans. It was really a touching sight, plus I-AA was on Sportscenter and it isn't the playoffs.

mainejeff
September 1st, 2005, 10:28 PM
Hooray! :)

Hansel
September 1st, 2005, 10:31 PM
NW St is going to win 27-23, just covering the 3.5 point spread at gohens.net :p

McNeese75
September 1st, 2005, 10:41 PM
Another idiot sportscaster covering this game. Stan Humpheries has said several times this evening how well the Demoms did last year losing to Montana who when on to when the National Championship (Where is the love for JMU) :mad:

bobcatfan06
September 1st, 2005, 10:45 PM
Hey, something is better than nothing. But I see your point.

nevadagriz
September 1st, 2005, 10:48 PM
MC75 ,the announcer doing the Furman game said at least 3 times that furman lost to JMU in the Nat'l championship last year. Just shows that these announcers know nothing about who they are covering.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 1st, 2005, 10:54 PM
NW St is going to win 27-23, just covering the 3.5 point spread at gohens.net :p

Uggggh.. And I had this game won too. Stupid ULM! :mad:

Oh, I mean - goody on I-AA, beating a I-A! :cool:

HensRock
September 1st, 2005, 10:58 PM
Yep,
THe honor goes to NWState for the first I-A victory of the 2005 season.

Way to go Demons!

arkstfan
September 2nd, 2005, 12:00 AM
Another idiot sportscaster covering this game. Stan Humpheries has said several times this evening how well the Demoms did last year losing to Montana who when on to when the National Championship (Where is the love for JMU) :mad:

And the Montana fans said "Thank ya, Thank ya verrry much".

arkstfan
September 2nd, 2005, 12:08 AM
How many more years before ULM avoids opening at home against the Southland? :eek:

They are now 1-4 vs. the SLC this decade.

For the past 4-5 years ULM has proven to be one of the best teams at failing to hold a lead. Blew a 23 point lead tonight. That had to suck the wind out of any bounce they had from a fair season last year.

blur2005
September 2nd, 2005, 01:12 AM
This win for NW St. moves them up in my rankings...

JMU Duke Dog
September 2nd, 2005, 08:40 AM

JMU still does not get respect. :mad:

Looks like the Dukes will have to win some more national titles! :D