PDA

View Full Version : YSU Rolls 44-14 over Slippery Rock

FlyYtown
September 1st, 2005, 09:43 PM
YSU played a great game from their first drive to their last.. The offense looked really good but the D was a little shaky on a few Slippery Rock drives....

The running backs, so many of them, tore away at the Rock's D...

My prediction of 8-3 looks very practical and from the folks I talked with at the ICE CASTLE, very good crowd BTW, they thought this team looked really good from what they say and I'd say 90% think its possible they can make the playoffs.... And I talked with a good 15 people.

GO PENGUINS!

HensRock
September 1st, 2005, 09:46 PM
Dude, Settle down.
It was a Div II team!

Hansel
September 1st, 2005, 09:49 PM
SRU went 4-7 the last two years and lost by 16 to Bloomsburg last week, nothing to get excited over

FlyYtown
September 1st, 2005, 09:50 PM
I don't care what you all say. A win is a win. Do your teams have a BCS team from 200????4 on it? I don't think.. We need to go 3-0 into PITT. And a solid win tonight is what we needed.

blukeys
September 1st, 2005, 10:03 PM
In the 90's Y'town had a long term commitment with UD which they then broke after having their rear ends booted by the Hens. Tressel didn't want future meetings with the Hens so he used the excuse that the Gateway Con. (which YU had just joined) was SOOOOOOOO tough that a continuation of the UD -YU series didn't make sense. YU's dates were filled in 2001 and 2002 by GSU (Thanx Eagles).

YU needs to celebrate any and all wins against anyone including a team that will not even compete in the PAAC. I am not expecting reciprocation from YU when the Hens beat a superior PAAC team in West Chester (who would beat SR by 3 TD's or better).

FlyYtown
September 1st, 2005, 10:11 PM
1. WE GO BY YSU Damnit.

2. Boo Hoo. The Gateway is the BIG 10 of the I-AA. Look at it..Year in and year out it produces some of the best matchups and players.

3. I'd love to see a YSU-UD Matchup so we can whoop you like the 91 season..

GO GUINS.

blukeys
September 1st, 2005, 10:47 PM
1. WE GO BY YSU Damnit.

2. Boo Hoo. The Gateway is the BIG 10 of the I-AA. Look at it..Year in and year out it produces some of the best matchups and players.

3. I'd love to see a YSU-UD Matchup so we can whoop you like the 91 season..GO GUINS.

Well Duh, UD and YSU didn't play in 1991. I know you went to YSU so I will excuse your inability to deal with the facts. :D :D Since you are so easily confused I will give you the entire UD and YSU history.
Of course after 98 Tressel and Co. wimped out of their 2001 and 2002 contracted games neccesitating a GSU and UD matchup (Thanx Eagles) Of course in the end GSU was a much better quality opponent.

10/17/98 Youngstown State 30-20
10/7/95 Youngstown State 34-13
10/17/81 Youngstown State 21-24 YSU's one and only win give yourself a gold star
11/22/80 Youngstown State 20-13
12/8/79 Youngstown State 38-21
11/10/79 Youngstown State 51-45
11/30/74 Youngstown State 35-14

That big "whooping" you were dreaming about is no doubt the 3 point win you managed to eke out in 1981.

One must give YSU credit. They are the only Gateway team to have even one win against the Hens. Keep telling yourself you are the Big 10 of I-AA. It only makes your playoff flops that much funnier.

Killtoppers90
September 2nd, 2005, 10:24 AM
I am standing by, just hoping that the A-10 flops in the playoffs. Once they do, then I will make the appropriate comments.

Reed Rothchild
September 2nd, 2005, 10:31 AM
YSU has pounded Slippery Rock every year regardless of how the season turned out for the 'Guins. It indicates nothing of their future performance.

89Hen
September 2nd, 2005, 10:55 AM
I am standing by, just hoping that the A-10 flops in the playoffs
As long as you keep letting SIU win your conference, we KNOW the Gateway will flop in the playoffs. :p

henfan
September 2nd, 2005, 11:34 AM
I think our YSU friend is confused. In '91, the only I-AA team the 'Guins played from Delaware was the Delaware State Hornets... a 33-29 loss to DSU. :doh:

According to YSU, they were forced to back out of the '01/'02 deal with UD because of the scheduling conflicts resulting from WKU's entrance into the Gateway. Hopefully, our two schools will get together in the near future. They've played a few memorable games over the years.

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Hennie , to you and all the other "fans" out there, YSU has 4 NATIONAL TITLES IN I-AA. And Delaware ??

Otherwise, I agree . Beating a Slippery Rock doesn't prove a thing. Just like UNI beating I-AA non-scholiie Drake (glorified D-III FB ) doesn't prove a thing either. :nod:

Cap'n Cat
September 2nd, 2005, 12:04 PM
In the 90's Y'town had a long term commitment with UD which they then broke after having their rear ends booted by the Hens. Tressel didn't want future meetings with the Hens so he used the excuse that the Gateway Con. (which YU had just joined) was SOOOOOOOO tough that a continuation of the UD -YU series didn't make sense. YU's dates were filled in 2001 and 2002 by GSU (Thanx Eagles).

YU needs to celebrate any and all wins against anyone including a team that will not even compete in the PAAC. I am not expecting reciprocation from YU when the Hens beat a superior PAAC team in West Chester (who would beat SR by 3 TD's or better).

Well, be that as it may, the Gateway is tough, Tressel's whining, notwithstanding.

:) :confused:

DetroitFlyer
September 7th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Dayton also defeated a Division II powerhouse, ( Tiffin ), 38-0 at Tiffin. UD and YSU need to be playing each other. "1AA" Championship of Ohio!

Paladin1aa
September 7th, 2005, 12:06 PM
AGREED !! :nod: :nod: :nod: