PDA

View Full Version : Northern Iowa at Illinois State...Good Lord!

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Watch out, this will be big.

The Crimson Crows been pretty good frustrating Panther aspirations.

Cats looked mighty powerful at Drake and I spent the entire game thinking, how in the "F" did The Crows lose to them?

Cap'n Cat Gateway Purrrrrrdiction Post will be out Wednesday around noon.

Meow.

pantherfan
September 24th, 2007, 11:36 AM
UNI will make up for all the bad L's at ISU and win by at least 20. I know comparing how different teams did against a common opponent is a no-no, but how Drake University won AT Illinois State is beyond me. Drake looked more like a middle of the pack DII/good DIII than a competitive DI team...

UNI 45
ISU 24

FCSFAN
September 24th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Drake won on the luckiest play of the year.

Mountain Panther
September 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM

Yeah but why were they even IN THE GAME? xconfusedx

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 11:46 AM

Maybe you aren't ralph, after all. xeyebrowx That wan't a very Ralph-like reply! The Ralph I know is an underdog-cheerin' guy with two exceptions:

1. When UNI is the underdog (Ralph was visibly pissed when UNI won the conference in '03 and '05).
2. If the underdog is playing App State (Beating App State ruins the "order" of how FCS should be!).

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Talked to an assistant coach at UNI before the Drake game and asked him how ILSU lost to Drake. He, having seen miles of film of the game, said, "They just beat 'em. No question about it."

Sure they'll be fired up for the Cats. I'm going to be there. You wanna go, Ralph? Jeff and I will pick your butt up.

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Khan4Cats
September 24th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah but why were they even IN THE GAME? xconfusedx

59 minutes of luck and fluke plays.xthumbsupx

MSUBear42
September 24th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Yeah, they won on a fluke play, but that wouldn't be possible if they played better than or the same as your team for the rest of the game. What a silly comment.

ngineer
September 24th, 2007, 12:28 PM
This should be a terrific game. I am still undecided on ISU...hard to figure out and yet this, of all games, can really define ISU's season. Knocking off UNI will shoot them upward after a shaky start. A 'convincing' loss could turn the season into a spiral. Could be the 'game of the week'..

MSUBear42
September 24th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Could/should be the game of the week

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 12:34 PM
This should be a terrific game. I am still undecided on ISU...hard to figure out and yet this, of all games, can really define ISU's season. Knocking off UNI will shoot them upward after a shaky start. A 'convincing' loss could turn the season into a spiral. Could be the 'game of the week'..

ILSU was a Gateway doormat for ages, but have reared up in the last several years. Far from consistently good conf performers, they, nonetheless, seem to sharpen their spears for UNI.

Will be a great game and, Cap'n Cat will be there!!!!!

Just enough in my unemployment check to squeeze out some gas and a burger for the ride!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xlolx xlolx xnodx xnodx xnodx :D :D :D

crunifan
September 24th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I'll be honest, I am almost expecting a loss.

UNI has a tendancy to lose a game they shouldn't on the road. And with our history of going down in Normal, this very well could be the game.

My optimistic view: If UNI plays to their capabilities, they win a relatively easy one.

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 12:53 PM

UNI has a tendancy to lose a game they shouldn't on the road. And with our history of going down in Normal, this very well could be the game.

My optimistic view: If UNI plays to their capabilities, they win a relatively easy one.

Honesty is good, cr. I worry my furry dikk off every time I see "...at Normal, IL" on a UNI football schedule. However, The Cap'n has NEVER been a part of a UNI loss at Normal, whether as a player or a fan.

Kounting on some Kaptain Kat Karma this weekend!!!!

birdsflyhigh
September 24th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Think any UNI fans that are thinking (even in their optimistic view) that the Panthers are going to come into Normal and get a 3 TD win are being completely unrealistic.

The Birds just went on the road to a BCS top 25 team in front of 56,000 plus MO Tigers fans and lost by 3TD.

I have NO idea about a score for this one, but I'm going with the Birds to pull the upset over this week's new #1 team UNI.

Go get 'em Birds! xanim_chaix

crunifan
September 24th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Think any UNI fans that are thinking (even in their optimistic view) that the Panthers are going to come into Normal and get a 3 TD win are being completely unrealistic.

The Birds just went on the road to a BCS top 25 team in front of 56,000 plus MO Tigers fans and lost by 3TD.

I have NO idea about a score for this one, but I'm going with the Birds to pull the upset over this week's new #1 team UNI.

The reason we are optimistic is because our closest game was a 11 point victory over Big 12 Iowa State.

That Drake team that beat you at home...we beat them at Drake by 38 points. I know comparing scores means little, but just food for thought.

In no way do expect to beat you by 3 touchdowns, but I was explaining why UNI fans have optimistic thinking.

01pantherfan
September 24th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I think the Cats will remember being at Normal in 05 and stay focused and win a close tough game, plus we will have the Capn there so that is worth at least 7 points !

Cap'n Cat
September 24th, 2007, 01:03 PM

Very few peoples is doin' that, FlyBoy.

xrolleyesx

pantherfan
September 24th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Very few peoples is doin' that, FlyBoy.

xrolleyesx

Just me cap'n...just me...:D I am sticking by my score prediction, and was almost worried that I gave ISU too many points...xcoffeex

The Birds may have stayed within 21 at Missouri, but looking at the stats from that game along with the rest of the season for both teams leads me to approximate a UNI 3 TD W.xnodx

Gil Dobie
September 24th, 2007, 09:01 PM

Should be a good game. UNI from the looks of it should win big and walk through the Gateway like they own it. xthumbsupx

Until they play SIU that is xoopsx

crunifan
September 24th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Luckily, the SIU game is homecoming. And ask any SIU fan. They LOVE the Dome. It has been very kind to them over the years.

igo4uni
September 24th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Luckily, the SIU game is homecoming. And ask any SIU fan. They LOVE the Dome. It has been very kind to them over the years.

so true!xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx