PDA

View Full Version : CCU vs. JMU Mascot Altercation Video

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2007, 10:42 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3244341898642797782&q=james%20madison%20duke%20dog&total=5&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

again though, they are mascots...who cares?

I thought this should have its own message board so the other one can discuss the aspects of the game.

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Video evidence definitely backs up Duke Dog! I think the police officer was a bit biased in going after Duke Dog imstead of Chauncey. Does a friendly, joke kick deserve a tackle and shove back down on the ground? I do not think so.

andy7171
September 24th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Proof that the purple and yellow streamers piss other people off! I love it! I'm not alone! That damned duke dog deserves what he gets! xsmiley_wix

JMUfan2008
September 24th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Sooo CCUCheer...you might want to debate your friend having VERY good character... The video obviously shows a little more than a "push" and then he pushes Duke Dog back down again...

I'm glad CCU is classy enough to offer an apology...oh wait...they didn't...

CSUBUCDAD
September 24th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Gotta love those mascot fights. Always entertaining to me.xeyebrowx

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2007, 10:57 AM

JMU apologized right off the bat for this incident. Any word out of CCU officials? Nope! This is surprising...xchinscratchx

GannonFan
September 24th, 2007, 10:58 AM
No real winners here - the first kick looked like a pretty good kick (he even got off the ground which in that dog costume is a pretty good feat - hah! what a pun, completely unintended!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx ) and then the response from the chicken wasn't cool either. But the chicken was leaving and the dog kept following - plus you can't get all crazy with the cops later, and then you can't have the mascot flipping off the other team - kids almost watch only the mascots and I'm sure that was a real eye-opener. Like I said, no winners on either side, both mascots were pretty shameful. xnonox

JMUfan2008
September 24th, 2007, 11:02 AM
No real winners here - the first kick looked like a pretty good kick (he even got off the ground which in that dog costume is a pretty good feat - hah! what a pun, completely unintended!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx ) and then the response from the chicken wasn't cool either. But the chicken was leaving and the dog kept following - plus you can't get all crazy with the cops later, and then you can't have the mascot flipping off the other team - kids almost watch only the mascots and I'm sure that was a real eye-opener. Like I said, no winners on either side, both mascots were pretty shameful. xnonox

Agreed. Terrible way to act. But at least now it's not just the Duke Dog being blamed for everything. The situation is being handled on JMU's end...guess I shouldn't bother wondering about CCU...

Ivytalk
September 24th, 2007, 11:15 AM
So is there a "redshirt" Duke Dog in the event of a suspension?xrulesx xwhistlex

JMU2004
September 24th, 2007, 11:16 AM
So is there a "redshirt" Duke Dog in the event of a suspension?xrulesx xwhistlex

yep...we've recruited very well recently, lots of young talent just waiting for a chance!!! xsmiley_wix xlolx xnodx xrotatehx

JMUSaxMRD
September 24th, 2007, 11:18 AM
From my understanding we have multiple people that are "Duke Dog" so one of them got fired. There are more people to continue, and my guess is they will hire another Duke Dog person.

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
September 24th, 2007, 11:22 AM
We only keep one during football season I believe. We have multiple during the basketball season. The guy who was DD at the game had been doing it for 2 years now i think, he is a senior

CoastalFan2005
September 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Considering the police asked our mascot (and NOT JMU's) if he wanted to press charges, I think the debate about which mascot was more in the wrong is over.

JMUfan2008
September 24th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Considering the police asked our mascot (and NOT JMU's) if he wanted to press charges, I think the debate about which mascot was more in the wrong is over.

Our admin and police at this point are overreacting to anything and everything we do. Students can barely even tailgate anymore on campus... Long story short, if Duke Dog did anything, Chauncey could have taken a bat to Duke Dog and been asked if he wanted to press changes. It's a bad state of affairs right now at JMU. And how can you say that after seeing the video...honestly. We admit we're wrong and all you can do is agree and not say Chauncey was to blame at all? This is why I visit AGS about once a month these days...there's no level-headedness to some of the fans here. If it wasn't for Bodoyle I'm not sure I'd talk to any CCU fans...

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 24th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Harrisonburg and JMU police have tendencies to side with anyone outside of JMU over JMU. We have had school officials and big name donors (years ago) involved in a prostitution ring and a year ago an annual block party, yes an annual event, had police come in and break it up in full riot gear throwing tear gas and all. If you ever went to JMU, you realize how absolutely absurd everything can be in Harrisonburg at times.

I still think it was funny. I could care less about any apologies, aside from the ones that Duke Dog should be giving to the both the kids in attendance and the Coastal Fans. That was the only part that really kind of bothered me, although I admittedly laughed pretty hard at the time...

OL FU
September 24th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Hey at least the mascot fight seemed competitivexnodx

bandl
September 24th, 2007, 11:53 AM

Because we all know that the police are always right and never do anything wrong!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 24th, 2007, 11:56 AM
By the way, I sit on the "old people's section" as we like to call is on the other side of the stadium. While I am going to be eternally 29 after next week, many older alums and locals watch from that side. I was truly surprised at how many 40-60 year olds around me were laughing at it all, especially the "Bring-Back-Duke-Dog, Clap Clap, Clap-clap-clap" and "Choke-The-Chicken, Clap Clap, Clap-clap-clap" chants and the like...

MarkCCU
September 24th, 2007, 11:58 AM
BOTH ARE IN THE WRONG. Perhaps it was a joking kick that went too far. Both are wrong, Chauncy should apologize.

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
September 24th, 2007, 11:59 AM

just like the CCU fans were so sure of what really happened until the video evidence showed otherwise?

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
September 24th, 2007, 12:00 PM
BOTH ARE IN THE WRONG. Perhaps it was a joking kick that went too far. Both are wrong, Chauncy should apologize.

A level-headed CCU fan, thank you. JMU admitted its mascot was in the wrong and apologized immediately. CCU has yet to do anything about it

bandl
September 24th, 2007, 12:01 PM

Si, si, senor. xsmiley_wix

MarkCCU
September 24th, 2007, 12:01 PM
A level-headed CCU fan, thank you. JMU admitted its mascot was in the wrong and apologized immediately. CCU has yet to do anything about it

Thank you. I've been a fan of CCU before we had football and remember an instance when our Mascot got tripped by an opposing team fan at a Basketball game my freshman year. That mascot, got up and just walked away. That's class.

MarkCCU
September 24th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Si, si, senor. xsmiley_wix

Que?xeyebrowx

bandl
September 24th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Thank you. I've been a fan of CCU before we had football and remember an instance when our Mascot got tripped by an opposing team fan at a Basketball game my freshman year. That mascot, got up and just walked away. That's class.

Or his nose was broken and he was crying... xcoffeex

FanOfAllThatIsJMU

that is class, something that both students who put on the mascot uniform did not do on saturday

CoastalFan2005
Our admin and police at this point are overreacting to anything and everything we do. Students can barely even tailgate anymore on campus... Long story short, if Duke Dog did anything, Chauncey could have taken a bat to Duke Dog and been asked if he wanted to press changes. It's a bad state of affairs right now at JMU. And how can you say that after seeing the video...honestly. We admit we're wrong and all you can do is agree and not say Chauncey was to blame at all? This is why I visit AGS about once a month these days...there's no level-headedness to some of the fans here. If it wasn't for Bodoyle I'm not sure I'd talk to any CCU fans...

Did I ever say Chauncey wasn't in the wrong at all? NOPE. So, how about we stop putting words in my mouth. xnonox

CoastalFan2005
September 24th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Because we all know that the police are always right and never do anything wrong!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xlolx xlolx ...this is true.

MarkCCU
September 24th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Or his nose was broken and he was crying... xcoffeex

That is one theory, yes.:D

andy7171
September 24th, 2007, 12:10 PM
That Dukie Dog got what he deserved!

BlueHen86
September 24th, 2007, 12:15 PM
There is apparently more to the story than what we saw. An article linked in another thread (JMU's Mascot in Doghouse - in the lounge) mentions that Duke Dog accidentally struck a Police Officer while trying to get at the Coastal Mascot.

appfan2008
September 24th, 2007, 12:19 PM
that was silly and embarrasing...

CCUCheer
September 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Sooo CCUCheer...you might want to debate your friend having VERY good character... The video obviously shows a little more than a "push" and then he pushes Duke Dog back down again...

After watching that video... I was surprised. When I spoke with officials and the president, they said Chauncey was NOT in the wrong other than the fact that after getting pushed he shouldn't have pushed back the second time. The only problem with that video is that it is a clip. The mascot swears to me (And yes I do believe and trust what he says, very close friend), that we was pushed then kicked and thats what made him get mad and push him back. He wanted to push him but did not expect him to fall down, (I guess with the anger he didn't realize his own strength). I wish the video showed the whole thing from beginning to end, because when Duke Dog came over to OUR side... he was completely crazy. Regardless, after seeing that, I apologize and think Chauncey should too for that push to the ground.
xoxo

DunkandDukin
September 24th, 2007, 01:12 PM
xeyebrowx Good lord, the Mascot-gate has now surpassed the game thread. Does anyone really care abou this? A pillow fight between a bird and a dog? oh boy...xcoffeex

walliver
September 24th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Let's get real, if your name was "Chauncey" wouldn't you go around kicking tail to prove you weren't as wussy as your name?

On the other hand, if you were a dog named after the worst football team in the BCS, you'd probably be a little aggressive also.:D

EmeryZach
September 24th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Go Duke Dog!

andy7171
September 24th, 2007, 01:52 PM
The Dukie Dog got owned by a bird whose name can only be pronounced with several hours of phonetic training....named Chauncey!

You can see him following the other mascot at the end.

blukeys
September 24th, 2007, 04:49 PM
The Dukie Dog got owned by a bird whose name can only be pronounced with several hours of phonetic training....named Chauncey!

You can see him following the other mascot at the end.

Agreed, after sneaking up and delivering a cowardly kick from behind, the girly dog got owned face to face by the beach chicken.

Ultimate Mascot mixed martial arts competition gives round 1 to the beach chicken!xnodx xnodx

SoCon48
September 24th, 2007, 05:52 PM
yep...we've recruited very well recently, lots of young talent just waiting for a chance!!! xsmiley_wix xlolx xnodx xrotatehx

Chance for what? To get knocked on his butt, too?

BTW, on whose side of the field did this take place??????

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Chance for what? To get knocked on his butt, too?

BTW, on whose side of the field did this take place??????

This incident took place on the side of CCU football team bench/JMU student section side of Bridgeforth Stadium.

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Kind of off topic but why so much hatred against JMU's Duke Dog andy7171?