View Full Version : Western Carolina wins

thirdgendin
September 1st, 2005, 09:06 PM
Western Carolina 21
Mars Hill 7

Final

WCU LawCat
September 2nd, 2005, 01:23 AM
It was a terrible feeling at the start of the 4th quarter to be tied with Mars Hill 7-7.

Tod
September 2nd, 2005, 02:29 AM
It was a terrible feeling at the start of the 4th quarter to be tied with Mars Hill 7-7.

$#it happens, Cat. You won, that's the important thing.

Tod
September 2nd, 2005, 02:32 AM
Oh, and congrats!! 1-0 to start the season, you can't ask for a better record than that!

Green Cookie Monster
September 2nd, 2005, 07:56 AM
Mars Hill, is that a candy bar?

Eagle_77
September 2nd, 2005, 08:36 AM
I thought this one would have been a little more lopsided. Was Mars Hill that good or where the Cats just not at the top of their game?

FU97
September 2nd, 2005, 08:37 AM
I thought this one would have been a little more lopsided. Was Mars Hill that good or where the Cats just not at the top of their game?

Here's a summary from a co-worker of mine whose son plays for WCU:

Special teams were awesome. Offense was slow and sluggish. Defense had 6 takeaways, but it was a bend don't break mentality. Gave up too many 1st downs and yardage. Defense stiffened in the second half.

Eagle_77
September 2nd, 2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the update. The will have to get out of that bend dont break stuff to finish in the top 5 in the SoCon. Good win though.

DCboyWCU
September 2nd, 2005, 08:56 AM
I was at the game and was HIGHLY dissapointed with our effort. At times they looked great with back to back TFL or a big run up the gut. Then other times they were giving up big runs and throwing INT in the endzone. The OL looked like they could use a LOT of work, as well as some of the play calling. There was one point when MHC ran the same play a few times in a row, everytime resulting in large chucks of yardage. I looked to me like we were running a 3-4 when they were running the ball down our throat. I guess you could say that I was unimpressed with us and impressed my MHC. Mars Hill looked to be a very disciplined and we did not. They beat us in first downs, yardage, and TOP, we just had more points on the board. This WCU team has A LOT to work on before furman comes to town, or it's gonna be ugly.

DCboy@WCU