PDA

View Full Version : Four games of interest.

Old Montana State Grad
September 23rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Wofford vs Furman
EWU vs PSU
NDSU vs Western Illinois
Northern Iowa vs Illinois State

I'll be in a hurry to get back to the motel in the Gallatin after watching the MSU and ISU game in Bozeman to see how these turn out. Should be a great weekend for 1-AA football.

JALMOND
September 23rd, 2007, 03:24 PM
Wofford vs Furman
EWU vs PSU
NDSU vs Western Illinois
Northern Iowa vs Illinois State

I'll be in a hurry to get back to the motel in the Gallatin after watching the MSU and ISU game in Bozeman to see how these turn out. Should be a great weekend for 1-AA football.

PSU plays in Cheney this weekend. I wish we had the Eagles in Portland this year. Still, should be a great game.

Old Montana State Grad
September 23rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
PSU plays in Cheney this weekend. I wish we had the Eagles in Portland this year. Still, should be a great game.

We go to both of those this year. Looking forward to a little fishing the week before both games.

crunifan
September 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
The Illinois State game should be a close one...

kalm
September 23rd, 2007, 04:28 PM
I hope this isn't the week you guys figure out the run and shoot. If so, we could see 100 plus put up on the scoreboard. Should be great weather and a decent crowd. http://websrv.ewu.edu/groups/athletics/facilities/woodwarddusk.jpg

JALMOND
September 23rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
I hope this isn't the week you guys figure out the run and shoot. If so, we could see 100 plus put up on the scoreboard. Should be great weather and a decent crowd. http://websrv.ewu.edu/groups/athletics/facilities/woodwarddusk.jpg

I won't say we got it figured out, but both Glanville and Davis said this game in San Diego was the best the offense played all year. White threw for 400+ yards, the first PSU QB to do that since 2001, and he didn't play most of the fourth quarter. Maybe its coming around.

Is the game a sellout or are there still tickets left? The fiance let me travel last week, I don't know if she will let me go this week, but hey, I can at least ask, right? :D

Old Montana State Grad
September 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM

I for one hope we never see another Meyer-Lulay shootout. Especially like the double OT three years ago in Bozo. Great if you like offense, disgusting if you like ball control, clock management and field position by good special teams play.

Peems
September 23rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
I don't know if the NDSU/Western Illinois game will be a game of interest. WIU took SDSU to a couple overtimes and that was before SDSU got things going, I expect NDSU to win comfortably.

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
I don't know if the NDSU/Western Illinois game will be a game of interest. WIU took SDSU to a couple overtimes and that was before SDSU got things going, I expect NDSU to win comfortably.

I favor NDSU but I think it's an interesting matchup and wouldn't be shocked to see WIU win. WIU handled SFA easier on the road than NDSU handled the Jacks at home. I realize that comparative performance stuff has its limitations but it still makes for an interesting matchup. I think it's safe to say that Western Illinois is a substantially tougher opponent than SFA was and it'll be a road game while SFA was at home. I know the Bison just blew out Central Michigan but I don't know that WIU isn't a better team this year than CMU is (their only loss is a fairly respectable 21-0 setback at Illinois).

birdsflyhigh
September 24th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Still shaking my head at the WIU fans that posted here about being worried over SFA. My response was...are you kidding?

Have a sneaking suspicion that the Necks will pull a good-sized upset in Macomb and take down their future Gateway foe NDSU. :)