View Full Version : NEC Week 5 Predictions

BobbyMo
September 23rd, 2007, 02:55 PM
Week 5:

Sacred Heart at Wagner

VMI at Robert Morris

Saint Francis at Liberty

Monmouth at Delaware

Albany and CCSU are bye weeks before they start their NEC games.

rmutv
September 23rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Sacred Heart at Wagner - Payne and Jones do slightly more damage on the ground than Butler, and the Pioneers don't miss a beat with McKeon at QB if Fink can't go. Pioneers by 4.

Saint Francis at Liberty - Liberty rolls as the Red Flash still try and find answers. Liberty by 14.

Monmouth at Delaware - I don't want to see Monmouth start 0-4, but I really like Delaware. The Hens take this one by 9.

VMI at Robert Morris - First ever matchup for RMU vs a full scholarship team will go well. Why? Because VMI has no pass defense, either via the rush and pressure or in coverage. VMI is ranked at the bottom of FCS in that department, and that's the one thing RMU has done well. Even when QB Erik Cwalinski is on his back regularly - six sacks allowed versus Morehead State - he still gets plenty of passes off. If the Colonials want to win, they'll need to stretch the field vertically early and often. They should be able to. Colonials by 7.

Seahawks Fan
September 24th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Week 5:

Sacred Heart at Wagner Seahawks should win this game at home.

VMI at Robert Morris RMU looks tough this year.

Saint Francis at Liberty

Monmouth at Delaware Tough start for the Hawks.

danefan
September 24th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Week 5:

Sacred Heart at Wagner..coin toss if you ask me. SH is a little better, but Wagner is at home. Who knows.

VMI at Robert Morris ..this may be the Colonials year. A tough win like that over Morehead does wonders for a team.

Saint Francis at Liberty...this could get ugly. St. Francis is, unfortunately, a lost cause.

Monmouth at Delaware..Delaware is a much better team than last year and Monmouth is not as good.

Albany needed this bye week. Smart move by schedule makers. Last I heard on Fralicker was that he was taken to the hospital in Montana from the game for precautionary reasons. As far as I know he did make it home on the team charter though.

Calif_Colonial
September 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Sacred Heart @ Wagner

Saint Francis @ Liberty

Monmouth @ Delaware

VMI @ RMU I'm flying back Thursday and will be at the game, ( Hall of Fame Day) I will be at the Wagner game on the 6th ( Homecoming ).
I hope I can bring a couple of wins home at the Joe. xcoffeex

aceinthehole
September 24th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Sacred Heart at Wagner - This is a pick 'em game, but IMO the QB play at Wagner has been bad and I think SHU has just a little bit more talent.

VMI at Robert Morris - Should be a milestone moment for the Colonials, as they play and beat a (very bad) scholly team for the first time.

Saint Francis at Liberty - Not even close. I just hope Faldwell's followers are truly "compassionate conservatives" and don't embarrass their fellow Christian brothers.

Monmouth at Delaware - Monmouth is rebuilding and Delaware is rejuvenated; Hawks simply can't duplicate Albany’s upset last season.

Albany and CCSU are on well deserved bye weeks!

danefan
September 24th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Saint Francis at Liberty - Not even close. I just hope Faldwell's followers are truly "compassionate conservatives" and don't embarrass their fellow Christian brothers.

Nice! :D

BobbyMo
September 25th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Sacred Heart at Wagner
I really am up in the air about this game. I'll take Wagner because they are home and I like the Wagner posters here on AGS xthumbsupx

VMI at Robert Morris
I think VMI could give the Colonials troubles with their option attack. The good thing for RMU is their D has been great. Homer pick, but i am nervous about it.

Saint Francis at Liberty
I hope Saint Francis can make a game out this one, but i think Liberty is just going to be a bit much for them.

Monmouth at Delaware
Again, hopefully Monmouth can hang, but its going to be tough. Delaware appears to be rolling so far. Good luck Hawks.

aceinthehole
September 25th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Sacred Heart at Wagner
I really am up in the air about this game. I'll take Wagner because they are home and I like the Wagner posters here on AGS xthumbsupx

Nice article on Wagner's football coach. http://www.silive.com/columnists/gord/index.ssf?/base/opinion/1190540704281450.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

I really like this program. I wish Wagner was more competative in the NEC in all sports. Its a real gem on Staten Island and in some ways could be the crown jewel of a NYC-focused NEC. I wish they could build nice rivalies with Fordham, Columbia, and even Hofstra.

But reading the article, it clear that its a very small school and its a struggle to compete at the DI level. It was once a powerhouse DIII football program in the Northeast, but its slipping in the increasingly competative NEC.

Seahawks Fan
September 26th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Nice article on Wagner's football coach. http://www.silive.com/columnists/gord/index.ssf?/base/opinion/1190540704281450.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

I really like this program. I wish Wagner was more competative in the NEC in all sports. Its a real gem on Staten Island and in some ways could be the crown jewel of a NYC-focused NEC. I wish they could build nice rivalies with Fordham, Columbia, and even Hofstra.

But reading the article, it clear that its a very small school and its a struggle to compete at the DI level. It was once a powerhouse DIII football program in the Northeast, but its slipping in the increasingly competative NEC.

aceinthehole has it correct. Wagner has 2,000 students and it is difficult for them to compete at the Division 1 level. But they have a long history in football that goes back to the 1930s. I, too, would like to see them resume playing Fordham and Hofstra and start playing Columbia if they remain at this level.

PeacockRaider
September 29th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Sacred Heart at Wagner

VMI at Robert Morris

Saint Francis at Liberty
Monmouth at Delaware

BobbyMo
September 30th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Here are the finals.

Sacred Heart at Wagner
Final Wagner 18, Sacred Heart 15: This game was about what i expected.

VMI at Robert Morris
Final VMI 40, RMU 13: xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx I was worried about the option attack, probably not worried enough. I wish we could have kept it closer. RMU had a couple of missed chances, but I think the better team clearly won. On the good news side from RMU, the Oline looked best it has all season.

Saint Francis at Liberty
Final Liberty 68, Saint Francis 10: Tough matchup for St. Francis. I really hope they get get their program moving upward soon.

Monmouth at Delaware
Final Delaware 42, Monmouth 7: Looks like Delaware did the classy thing and took it easy in the second half, all of their points came in the first half.

Ill get next weeks up in a little while.