PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League - Week 5

DFW HOYA
September 23rd, 2007, 12:59 PM
Georgetown over Cornell. There, I said it, and let the discussions begin.

Holy Cross over Yale. Both teams put up big numbers last week but if the HC defense can stop McLeod (and they might), they can stop Yale.

Colgate over Fordham: Red Raiders haven't lost in Hamilton to the Rams since 1995.

Lehigh over Harvard: These games are always close in Goodman. Engineers
by a FG.

Bucknell over Marist: Marist's run with the PL schools hasn't been all that kind and Lewisburg remains a tough place to play.

Georgetown over Cornell. (OK, Hoyas laid an egg in Worcester. Burn the tapes and move on.) Cornell comes off a similar kicking by Yale (51-12) and must go back on the road with fewer rushing yards per game than the Hoyas, which is saying something. CU hasn't won a road game since late in the 2005 season (which was the last time Georgetown won one as well). Hoyas need to control passing lanes and get some sort of a revenge factor after Cornell ran up the score on them late in in 2005. Plus, it's Homecoming and Georgetown has won seven straight Homecoming games. Seven!

bulldog10jw
September 23rd, 2007, 01:02 PM

Holy Cross over Yale. Both teams put up big numbers last week but if the HC defense can stop McLeod (and they might), they can stop Yale.

Colgate over Fordham: Red Raiders haven't lost in Hamilton to the Rams since 1995.

by a FG.

Bucknell over Marist: Marist's run with the PL schools hasn't been all that kind and Lewisburg remains a tough place to play.

Georgetown over Cornell. (OK, Hoyas laid an egg in Worcester. Burn the tapes and move on.) Cornell comes off a similar kicking by Yale (51-12) and must go back on the road with fewer rushing yards per game than the Hoyas, which is saying something. CU hasn't won a road game since late in the 2005 season (which was the last time Georgetown won one as well). Hoyas need to control passing lanes and get some sort of a revenge factor after Cornell ran up the score on them late in in 2005. Plus, it's Homecoming and Georgetown has won seven straight Homecoming games. Seven!

I'll take Yale, Lehigh, and Cornell in the PL-Ivy games.

DFW HOYA
September 23rd, 2007, 09:54 PM
I'll take Yale, Lehigh, and Cornell in the PL-Ivy games.

I gave HC the edge because it's at home. Probably one of the bigger games at Fitton in recent years.

carney2
September 23rd, 2007, 09:55 PM
Yale @ HOLY CROSS: The game of the year in this early going involving a PL team. I've been burned by picking against the 'saders, but methinks that they are about to be bitten in the a_s by a Bulldog. Yale.

FORDHAM @ COLGATE: As I recall, Cinderella ended the evening in rags. Colgate

Harvard @ LEHIGH: The Squawks more than hold their own against the Ivies. Harvard has so far been a little less than I expected. Lehigh

Cornell @ GEORGETOWN: Cornell actually wins a game now and then. Cornell

Marist @ BUCKNELL: I've seen Marist. Bucknell

LAFAYETTE is Idle: Unless Idle has joined the Ivy League, I gotta believe that the Pards can handle this one even without an offense.

LehighFan11
September 23rd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Yale
Colgate
Lehigh
Cornell
Bucknell

hc12
September 23rd, 2007, 10:12 PM
carney keep picking against the saders it seems it brings them luck in the big games. HC over a tough yale team but there not as tough as harvard hc38-14yale.
colgate just gets buy a up and down fordham team 21-17.
lehigh gets caught with there pants down on this game against harvard the run game of havard is just to much havard 28-hawks24.
gu needs to go back to the drawing board but they put up a fight cornell spread offense is to quick cornell 35-21gu.
bucknell gets everybody in this game,bucknell28-marist 14.
carney what will make you a believer?

DFW HOYA
September 23rd, 2007, 10:14 PM
gu needs to go back to the drawing board but they put up a fight cornell spread offense is to quick cornell 35-21gu.

You're the Georgetown coach. What's on the drawing board?

bulldog10jw
September 23rd, 2007, 10:17 PM
I gave HC the edge because it's at home. Probably one of the bigger games at Fitton in recent years.

You may be correct. I think Yale can score. They seem to have found some receivers to complement the running game, although if HC does shut down McLeod completely it may be a long day. We'll see if the defense can stop HC enough to get the W.

bulldog10jw
September 23rd, 2007, 10:19 PM
carney keep picking against the saders it seems it brings them luck in the big games. HC over a tough yale team but there not as tough as harvard hc38-14yale.
colgate just gets buy a up and down fordham team 21-17.
lehigh gets caught with there pants down on this game against harvard the run game of havard is just to much havard 28-hawks24.
bucknell gets everybody in this game,bucknell28-marist 14.

Please give me Yale +24, OK 23, for any amount you want to bet

YaleFootballFan
September 23rd, 2007, 10:29 PM
For what it's worth, here's my picks....

Yale over Holy Cross - Both teams are coming off blowout wins at home. The Crusaders have been pretty darn impressive in each of its first 3 games and this could be Yale's toughest test of '07. Holy Cross won the last meeting against Yale in '05, but Yale has won 11 of the last 12 in the series and has never lost in Worcester. McLeod has another big day and Yale wins 34-28.

Harvard over Lehigh - Sould be a very good game. Crimson win, though.

Colgate over Fordham - Uh, yeah. That sounds about right.

Bucknell over Marist - If Columbia can blowout Marist, then so can Bucknell.

Cornell over Georgetown - The coin came up tails, so the Big Red comes up victorious.

carney2
September 24th, 2007, 07:30 AM

Actually, I am a believer. Holy Cross is the only Patriot League team in my AGS Top 25 this week. One of the deciding factors for me in picking Yale is consistencey. Yale is also in my AGS Top25, but at a higher position, so...

ngineer
September 24th, 2007, 08:06 AM
While I would love to see the Crusaders make a statement for the PL, I don't think they will pull this one off. The key to beating HC, I think, is keeping the ball away from them. Yale's ground game should do the trick, but HC's big strke ability should keep it interesting. Yale, 31-27.

Colgate should control this game with their ground game as well. Rams showed an ability to comeback , albeit short, against Dayton. Raiders, 28-17

Harvard/Lehigh is always a barn-burner, and this year appears no different. Lehigh's offense was really smoking last Saturday, but then, Harvard is no VMI. Crimson also have the ability to move the ball, so I expect the scoreboard to get a work out. Lehigh,41-35.

Hoyas will bounce back from their weekend disaster in Worcester. Cornell has been struggling, and Georgetown seemed to play mighty Yale better than the Big Red. Hoyas, 17-14.

Bucknell gets the PL punching bag of the week in Marist and rolls, 38-17.

Lafayette gets much needed respite from striped cats.

breezy
September 24th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Here are my picks for Week 5:

Yale @ HOLY CROSS: HC's defense against the run looked very good against Georgetown despite losing its starting NT to a season-ending injury. If HC cannot stop Yale's running game, this will be a tough game to win. My heart says it can be done. HOLY CROSS.

FORDHAM @ COLGATE: I'm starting to believe that Fordham is on the rise but not yet to the point where it can beat the Raiders. COLGATE.

Harvard @ LEHIGH: I thought Harvard played very well against HC. In my heart, I want Lehigh to win this game but I think the Johnnies will prevail. HARVARD.

Cornell @ GEORGETOWN: I'd like to see Georgetown win in this PL - Ivy matchup, but unless it improves dramatically in one short week, I do not think the Hoyas can beat any Ivy team. CORNELL.

Marist @ BUCKNELL: My son-in-law is a Marist grad, and I think this game will be close, but Bucknell is the stronger team. BUCKNELL.

LAFAYETTE is Idle: LAFAYETTE. (My record isn't that good so far, so I can use every correct pick I can get.)

Ivytalk
September 24th, 2007, 08:29 AM
While I would love to see the Crusaders make a statement for the PL, I don't think they will pull this one off. The key to beating HC, I think, is keeping the ball away from them. Yale's ground game should do the trick, but HC's big strke ability should keep it interesting. Yale, 31-27.

Colgate should control this game with their ground game as well. Rams showed an ability to comeback , albeit short, against Dayton. Raiders, 28-17

Harvard/Lehigh is always a barn-burner, and this year appears no different. Lehigh's offense was really smoking last Saturday, but then, Harvard is no VMI. Crimson also have the ability to move the ball, so I expect the scoreboard to get a work out. Lehigh,41-35.

Hoyas will bounce back from their weekend disaster in Worcester. Cornell has been struggling, and Georgetown seemed to play mighty Yale better than the Big Red. Hoyas, 17-14.

Bucknell gets the PL punching bag of the week in Marist and rolls, 38-17.

Lafayette gets much needed respite from striped cats.

I agree with my astute friend ng's picks, except I think the Harvard-Lehigh score will be slightly lower (35-31 Lehigh) and that Cornell will beat Georgetown by a FG.

As for the two Ivy games, Princeton beats Columbia at P'ton, 28-13. A surprise halftime visit by Mahmoud Ahmanutjob fires up the Lions, but to no avail.

Penn-Dartmouth in Hanover is intriguing. If Sandberg is back at RB, I pick the Quakers by 7. If not, I'll take Dartmouth in an upset. Penn's QBs did throw 7 picks in the Nova game, and their running game is anemic without Joe "Don't call me Carl" Sandberg.

DC 'gater
September 24th, 2007, 08:38 AM
HC
Colgate
Lehigh
Georgetown
Bucknell

ngineer
September 24th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Appears that honoring the team from 1957 (Lehigh's first Lambert Cup Championship) inspired the Mountain Hawks last Saturday, so to stoke the fire, again, this week against Harvard, the NCAA Championship team of 1977 will be honored at halftime. I'm sure Coen will have some of the past players address the team Friday night. Weather forecast is currently sunshine and 75 degrees..."What better way to spend an autumn afternoon.."--Chris Schenkel

carney2
September 24th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Appears that honoring the team from 1957 (Lehigh's first Lambert Cup Championship) inspired the Mountain Hawks last Saturday, so to stoke the fire, again, this week against Harvard, the NCAA Championship team of 1977 will be honored at halftime. I'm sure Coen will have some of the past players address the team Friday night. Weather forecast is currently sunshine and 75 degrees..."What better way to spend an autumn afternoon.."--Chris Schenkel

I'm hoping to be there and will be unashamedly bleeding brown & white for 3+ hours. Are walk up tickets available?

Fordham
September 24th, 2007, 01:15 PM
cOlgateholyCrosslehighcornellbUckneLllafaYette

carney2
September 24th, 2007, 01:56 PM
cOlgateholyCrosslehighcornellbUckneLllafaYette

andthebeatgoeson

LehighFan11
September 24th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I'm hoping to be there and will be unashamedly bleeding brown & white for 3+ hours. Are walk up tickets available?

I would have to assume you could easily get tickets right before the game. There is no way lehigh will sell out for a non conference game.

TheValleyRaider
September 24th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Yale at Holy Cross Yale I'm still convinced the Eli will have a big season, or at least be better than Harvard and Georgetown

Fordham at Colgate Colgate Biddle has his boys playing well after the bye week, and they'll have had plenty to work on after spotting Dartmouth a 4 TD lead. Fordham's been a bit inconsistent this year, which is natural for a young team. Still, it's not a good sign going into Hamilton

Harvard at Lehigh Lehigh Hawks grab a big Ivy win at Goodman, continue to state their case as one of the League's best

Cornell at Georgetown Georgetown Some of you might think this pick is motivated by my animosity towards the Red, which is a fair assumption :D. However, in this case, Cornell doesn't play well on the road, and I think the Hoyas are sick enough of "moral victories" to taste a real one. G'town with it's 2nd Ivy win since joining the PL in 2001 comes against the team they beat for their first. Go Get 'Em Hoyas!

Marist at Bucknell Bucknell Tough as this year's been for the Bison, playing Marist seems to be good for Patriot Leaguers health and records

hc12
September 24th, 2007, 06:14 PM
bulldogiojw i'll give you + 24 if you give me +35!, say pretty please.

NYHOYA
September 24th, 2007, 07:28 PM

by a FG.

Unbeleivable. DFW with a optimistic view on the hoyas!?!? Never thought I would see the day...

CID1990
September 24th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Georgetown over Cornell.Bucknell over Marist: Marist's run with the PL schools hasn't been all that kind and Lewisburg remains a tough place to play. Seven!

My wife went to Bucknell and she was looking over my shoulder and saw this thread and asked me to click on it. When she read the above in bold, she asked me if you were referring to the Lewisburg penitentiary, or Bucknell, since she doesn't think Bucknell has ever been all that difficult a place for opposing teams.

I just thought it was funny when she says "He must be talking about the federal pen."

bison137
September 24th, 2007, 09:52 PM
My wife went to Bucknell and she was looking over my shoulder and saw this thread and asked me to click on it. When she read the above in bold, she asked me if you were referring to the Lewisburg penitentiary, or Bucknell, since she doesn't think Bucknell has ever been all that difficult a place for opposing teams.

Well, Bucknell is a lot tougher place to play when we have a decent team. :)

Looking back to the start of the Tom Gadd era (when we had good teams) through the end of last season, the overall Bison home winning pct is 66%, while it is 40% on the road. That might be a bit misleading, however, since the home and road schedules were not always equal. Looking just at Patriot League games, the team has won 58% of its home games and 40% of its road games.

Bucknell IS a tough place for opponents when it comes to basketball, however. The Bison are undefeated in Patriot League home games for four years - 35-0 record. They have four home ooc losses during that span - Villanova, Wake (OT), Northern Iowa, and one I won't mention. Is it hoops season yet?

BobbyMo
September 24th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Holy Cross
Colgate
Lehigh
Bucknell
Hoyas

carney2
September 24th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Bucknell IS a tough place for opponents when it comes to basketball, however. The Bison are undefeated in Patriot League home games for four years - 35-0 record. They have four home ooc losses during that span - Villanova, Wake (OT), Northern Iowa, and one I won't mention. Is it hoops season yet?

Oooooh! My head hurts. I take back what I said in The Lounge. That grenade was aimed at Ken_Z and you. xnodx

colgate13
September 24th, 2007, 11:08 PM
HC beating Yale would make me take them seriously to win the PL this year. I don't think it is going to happen.

As for CU/Fordham, I'm nervous. I don't know if we're hitting our stride just yet. We'll see. This game counts!

ngineer
September 24th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Well, Bucknell is a lot tougher place to play when we have a decent team. :)

Looking back to the start of the Tom Gadd era (when we had good teams) through the end of last season, the overall Bison home winning pct is 66%, while it is 40% on the road. That might be a bit misleading, however, since the home and road schedules were not always equal. Looking just at Patriot League games, the team has won 58% of its home games and 40% of its road games.

How long has Sjoka been open? I do remember, however, that the maiden game in your new gym was won by the Mountain Hawks!;)

ngineer
September 24th, 2007, 11:31 PM
I would have to assume you could easily get tickets right before the game. There is no way lehigh will sell out for a non conference game.

Very much agreed. I was disappointed at the attendance for VMI, though it was raining pretty good an hour and half before kickoff. Seems to me that the student bodies at a number of PL schools don't seem to be showing up in very good numbers. A reflection of the 'higher academic standards' resulting in more eggheads and 'anti-jock' attitude??xconfusedx

LehighFan11
September 25th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Very much agreed. I was disappointed at the attendance for VMI, though it was raining pretty good an hour and half before kickoff. Seems to me that the student bodies at a number of PL schools don't seem to be showing up in very good numbers. A reflection of the 'higher academic standards' resulting in more eggheads and 'anti-jock' attitude??xconfusedx

In past years i have been very dissapointed in the number of lehigh students that come out to the games. In Lehigh's home opener v. Nova, they may of had record number of students at the game(excluding v. lafayette of course). There were almost 2 full sections of students at the game. As for the VMI game, there were about 2 rows of students!! I think Lehigh will turn out a good crowd of students for the HC and the Lafayette game. I'll be enrolling at Lehigh for the spring semester and next year ill be encourging other students.

Lafayette71
September 25th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Yale
Colgate
Cornell
Bucknell
Lehigh

bison137
September 25th, 2007, 10:18 AM
How long has Sjoka been open? I do remember, however, that the maiden game in your new gym was won by the Mountain Hawks!;)

It opened in mid-January 2003, and Lehigh did indeed win the first game. Thankfully they have not won there since 2003 :) - nor has any other PL team.

Here's an article by John Feinstein, written on the date of the first game in Sojka, talking about the closing of Davis Gym and the opening of Sojka:

John Feinstein on the end of an era (http://bucknellbison.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/011603aaa.html)

ngineer
September 25th, 2007, 11:57 AM
It opened in mid-January 2003, and Lehigh did indeed win the first game. Thankfully they have not won there since 2003 :) - nor has any other PL team.

Here's an article by John Feinstein, written on the date of the first game in Sojka, talking about the closing of Davis Gym and the opening of Sojka:

John Feinstein on the end of an era (http://bucknellbison.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/011603aaa.html)

Great article. I'm glad Lehigh has found a way to keep Grace Hall and remodeling. Of course, easier as a wrestling venue.

LUHawker
September 25th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Fordham
Yale
Lehigh
Bucknell
Cornell

crusader11
September 26th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Colgate 24 Fordham 10- Fordham will keep it close, but the ground game of Colgate's Jordan Scott will prove to be too strong.

Cornell 20 Georgetown 7- should be a competitive game as the bottom feeders of both leagues go head to head. On second thought, I guess Cornell is not that bad, but certainly not an upper tier team in the Ivy

Marist 27 Bucknell 20- The Bison haven't played well as of late, and even though they are still the better team, I think Marist can win.

Now to the games of the week:

Lehigh 34 Harvard 30- The Hawks get a game winning touchdown drive from Sedale and co.

Holy Cross 42 Yale 28- The Crusaders should be able to exploit Yale's secondary, Randolph just has to be able to find time back in the pocket as Yale has a few studs on the defensive line. If HC can contain McCleod, they have beaten Yale.

bison137
September 26th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Great article. I'm glad Lehigh has found a way to keep Grace Hall and remodeling. Of course, easier as a wrestling venue.

Davis Gym has also been renovated (somewhat) and is the home for the wrestling and volleyball teams. It sits back behind the new offices and training facilities of the new athletic complex. When you go through the door from the new complex into Davis (if you can find it), it's like going back in time about 60 years.

LeopardFan04
September 26th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Yale
Colgate
Lehigh
Cornell
Bucknell

Rjm7272
September 26th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Colgate over Fordham
Cornell over Gerogetown
Bucknell over Marist
Holy Cross over Yale
Harvard over Lehigh

ngineer
September 26th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Davis Gym has also been renovated (somewhat) and is the home for the wrestling and volleyball teams. It sits back behind the new offices and training facilities of the new athletic complex. When you go through the door from the new complex into Davis (if you can find it), it's like going back in time about 60 years.

Glad to hear that...I can't wait until Lehigh and Bucknell meet on the mats, now that the Bison are back in the EIWA.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Yale 38 Holy Cross 27- I think Yale is every bit as good as advertised which is a little better than Holy Cross. Yale's edge is in balance and depth. Randolph will have a good game but it won't be enough.

Colgate 27 Fordham 10- Fordham is improving but i think some were to quick to dish out praise. Colgate's D should be able to put the clamps on the Rams.

Lehigh 31 Harvard 21- Harvard is a solid team this year but they're not as good as they where a couple of years ago, a top 25 team they are not. This a game Lehigh should win at home if they avoid mental mistakes and play solid ball. A 3-1 September should be in the cards.

Cornell 42 Georgetown 13- These are two pretty bad football teams. Even though Georgetown wins the 'O so important comparitive score matchup with Yale the Hoya's seldom win on the field. I'll go with the Big Red by a lot.

Bucknell 6 Marist 3- In the ultmate who cares game of the week i'll take the Bison. Prediction #2, they'll be more people on the field than in the stands.

ColgateTD
September 27th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Colgate 24, Fordham 17
Cornell 17, Georgetown 3
Bucknell 16, Marist 13
Lehigh 33, Haavad 27
HC 24, Yale 21

LU73
September 28th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Lehigh
Holy Cross
Colgate
Cornell
Bucknell

Ken_Z
September 28th, 2007, 08:16 AM
struggling for material this week, so my advance apologies for going for the cheap joke:

Yale 24 @ HOLY CROSS 30: the Crusaders have converted me, now converting the Ivies one by one.

FORDHAM 17 @ COLGATE 28: the city kids are intimidated by the farm animals they see on the bus ride through the countryside. they have previously only seen pictures of these mythical creatures in their studies at Fordham. note: reverse the score if the Rams fly in directly to Hamilton International Airport

Harvard 32 @ LEHIGH 21: crimson is traditionally associated with the color of blood, and hence is associated with violence, courage and martyrdom. brown is traditionally associated with the color of, well, you know what, and hence is associated with, well, you know, Lehigh.

Cornell 42 @ GEORGETOWN 7: now that we have all been educated on the fact that the AI is what's keeping Georgetown down, we realize there is no way they can compete with Ivy A&M.

Marist 17 @ BUCKNELL 31: following the game Bucknell petitions for MAAC membership effective immediately. press release announces that the MAAC model, lack of commitment and poor performance, is more in keeping with the school's football philosopy. has anyone mentioned we're a basketball school lately?

LAFAYETTE is Idle: i refuse to choose since i cannot figure out how to pin a loss on the Laf in this one.

bison137
September 28th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Yale over HC by 1
Colgate over Fordham by 6
Lehigh over Harvard by 3
Cornell over Georgetown by a lot
Bucknell over Marist by 14

colorless raider
September 28th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Colgate
Cornell
Lehigh
Yale
Bucknell

TheValleyRaider
September 28th, 2007, 10:29 AM
FORDHAM 17 @ COLGATE 28: the city kids are intimidated by the farm animals they see on the bus ride through the countryside. they have previously only seen pictures of these mythical creatures in their studies at Fordham. note: reverse the score if the Rams fly in directly to Hamilton International Airport

"Those big black and white things...those are called cows."

"Are they...wild cows?"

Cornell 42 @ GEORGETOWN 7: now that we have all been educated on the fact that the AI is what's keeping Georgetown down, we realize there is no way they can compete with Ivy A&M.

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox
That just made my day xbowx xbowx xbowx

LehighFan11
September 28th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Colgate 24 Fordham 10- Fordham will keep it close, but the ground game of Colgate's Jordan Scott will prove to be too strong.

Cornell 20 Georgetown 7- should be a competitive game as the bottom feeders of both leagues go head to head. On second thought, I guess Cornell is not that bad, but certainly not an upper tier team in the Ivy

Marist 27 Bucknell 20- The Bison haven't played well as of late, and even though they are still the better team, I think Marist can win.

Now to the games of the week:

Lehigh 34 Harvard 30- The Hawks get a game winning touchdown drive from Sedale and co.
Holy Cross 42 Yale 28- The Crusaders should be able to exploit Yale's secondary, Randolph just has to be able to find time back in the pocket as Yale has a few studs on the defensive line. If HC can contain McCleod, they have beaten Yale.

I would love nothing more than to see Sedale lead a touchdown drive to win it

carney2
September 28th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Apparently another late arriving crowd, but with one day to kickoff, Kid Konsensus says:

Yale over HOLY CROSS
COLGATE over FORDHAM
LEHIGH over Harvard
Cornell over GEORGETOWN
BUCKNELL over MaRiSt*

*note to Ken_Z: These guys have been frequently mentioned as seekers of PL membership, thus the spelling. A good match for the Buffaloes, by the way - inept in manly contact sports and decent at pansy games where folks with obvious pituitary malfunctions are recruited to run around in their underwear.

Ken_Z
September 28th, 2007, 12:18 PM
BUCKNELL over MaRiSt*

*note to Ken_Z: These guys have been frequently mentioned as seekers of PL membership, thus the spelling. A good match for the Buffaloes, by the way - inept in manly contact sports and decent at pansy games where folks with obvious pituitary malfunctions are recruited to run around in their underwear.

xlolx

carney, carney, carney,

and we were off to such a good start this week. you picked Bucknell to win. i didn't pick Lafayette to lose. i even targeted Lehigh for my most juvenile, tasteless, classless comments. i thought for sure we could be best buds this week, and then you go and post this.

by the way, besides those tall guys and gals in shorts, we also do pretty well with those in speedos (with and without a ball to play with), folks who think they look good in singlets, those who beat little balls with long sticks, and the most manly athletes of all, the laxsters, .... so your right, Marist, as the dominant overall athletic program in the MAAC is a good match for us.

CrusaderBob
September 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Been a busy week for us Crusader fans - outraged at being forced from the Coaches vs. Cancer basketball tourney at the last minute by Jim Calhoun and UConn who "preferred" to play a school that didn't play a slow down defensive style team. God forbid Calhoun, a basketball coach should actually have to COACH his team to do something different!

Anyway. My picks

Holy Cross
Colgate
Harvard
Cornell
Bucknell

Andy
September 28th, 2007, 07:32 PM
HC
Colgate
Harvard
Cornell
Bucknell

Pard 82
September 28th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Yale @ HOLY CROSS
FORDHAM @ COLGATE
Harvard @ LEHIGH
Cornell @ GEORGETOWN
Marist @ BUCKNELL

xhomerx xhomerx xhomerx

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 29th, 2007, 12:20 AM
FORDHAM @ COLGATE: Fordham 17, Colgate 14. Upset Special

Harvard @ LEHIGH: Lehigh 27, Harvard 17

Cornell @ GEORGETOWN: Cornell 7, GU 3. Still on track for 1-10

Marist @ BUCKNELL: Bucknell 35, Marist 10

carney2
September 29th, 2007, 09:19 AM
FORDHAM @ COLGATE: Fordham 17, Colgate 14. Upset Special

Harvard @ LEHIGH: Lehigh 27, Harvard 17

Cornell @ GEORGETOWN: Cornell 7, GU 3. Still on track for 1-10

Marist @ BUCKNELL: Bucknell 35, Marist 10

You missed one: Yale @ Holy Cross

Franks Tanks
September 29th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Yale
Gate
Lehigh
Cornell
Bucknell

Pard4Life
September 29th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Yale 28, Holy Cross 24
Colgate 24, Fordham 14
Lehigh 31, Harvard 27 ( I am starting to get worried about Lehigh)
Cornell 21, Georgetown 20
Bucknell 27, Marist 14

With Lafayette's anemic offense and Lehigh's explosiveness, it could be an interesting 11.17 struggle. However, I recognize that Princeton shot themselves in their first game and VMI is terrible... so there is no true accurate guage of the Hawks IMO.. when Princeton got their act together, they controlled the second half it seems..

Harvard today will no doubt be an excellent guage...

Same with Holy Cross... if they beat Yale, I'd say the Patriot League has three top teams.. Randolph + good Crusader defense = trouble for L & L.

PeacockRaider
September 29th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Same with Holy Cross... if they beat Yale, I'd say the Patriot League has three top teams.. Randolph + good Crusader defense = trouble for L & L.
Three huh, I wouldn't check the Raiders off in your win column just yet. Anyway, here's the short version of my picks, big day for the PL

Yale @ HC
Fordham @ 'gate
Harvard @ Lehigh
Cornell @ Georgetown
Marist @ Bucknell

TheValleyRaider
September 29th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Three huh, I wouldn't check the Raiders off in your win column just yet. Anyway, here's the short version of my picks, big day for the PL

SHHHHH! xshhhx xshhhx

No one talk about Colgate. We're not very good. We're completely beatable. We're not a threat for the title this year. You are getting very sleepy....

colgate13
September 29th, 2007, 11:21 AM
I like your humour, but it may be true. We played UMass OK, we barely beat Albany and we had to dig ourselves out of a 28 point hole against the Big Green.

The jury is still very much OUT on the Raiders.

PeacockRaider
September 29th, 2007, 03:59 PM
WOW, I guess I should of kept my mouth shut. THis hurts

ngineer
September 29th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Rams pulled off a STUNNER--in Hamilton, no less. We couldn't believe the score we heard in the fourth quarter at Goodman. This was good for us in that we certainly will not be taking Fordham lightly as a team 'in transition' or 'rebuilding'---the seem to be arriving early..xeekx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 29th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Rams pulled off a STUNNER--in Hamilton, no less. We couldn't believe the score we heard in the fourth quarter at Goodman. This was good for us in that we certainly will not be taking Fordham lightly as a team 'in transition' or 'rebuilding'---the seem to be arriving early..xeekx

That was a big win for the Rams in Hamilton but i have a feeling that something just isn't right at Colgate. Coming off a 4-7 season i expected them to be better. Colgate really hasn't played well all season and it took a remarkable comeback against Dartmouth to avoid losing that one. Fordham is an improved team but the Raiders are a team on the decline. After 12 years i think people have finally caught on to Biddle's 4 yards in a cloud of dust.

carney2
September 29th, 2007, 10:00 PM
The jury is still very much OUT on the Raiders.

The jury is back and I don't like the look on their faces.

DFW HOYA
September 29th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Just got back from the Georgetown-Cornell game. The numbers don't look good, of course (outscored 100-7 in its last two games) but there's a huge experience gap the field, as well as size. We're talking 12 starters are sophs and freshmen. The seniors are not pleased, but that's another story.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 29th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Just got back from the Georgetown-Cornell game. The numbers don't look good, of course (outscored 100-7 in its last two games) but there's a huge experience gap the field, as well as size. We're talking 12 starters are sophs and freshmen. The seniors are not pleased, but that's another story.

DFW i love your optimism, as a Temple alum i can relate, but the Hoyas are in sad sad shape just like my Owls. I really think they need to step back and take a look at the program after the season. Everyone has said without more commitment they're not going to improve and there's zero signs of more resources being funnelled towards the program.

DFW HOYA
September 29th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Everyone has said without more commitment they're not going to improve and there's zero signs of more resources being funnelled towards the program.

There are financial improvements, but it's just not getting much attention. Facility wise, they're stuck. Every sport at Georgetown is a generation behind its peers.

It's definitely a youth movement at work--I'm not sure what specific steps you would do to turn around the ship any faster if there are fewer and fewer upperclassmen left in the picture.

ColgateTD
September 30th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Congrats to the Rams! They hung in there and came back to win in enemy territory. Skelton has a rifle arm, and was great at running the option in the second half. 'Gate looked stunned and was backpeddling; the defense is definitely a weak spot.

Having said that, the lack of imagination in the 'Gate offense is so apparent it's rediculous. Running Scott up the gut every play is not going to fool anyone. Forham has some beef on both lines and they were able to stuff Scott nearly all game. The 'Gate passing game is hit-or-miss at best.

It could be another long season for the Raiders unless we come up with an entirely new offensive appraoch....:(

carney2
September 30th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Week 5 results have been posted in The Lounge.