PDA

View Full Version : Kats opener...

Sam_Kats
September 1st, 2005, 07:23 PM
35-0 KATS...

I think the 3rd string is about to hit the field before the half. Defense looks good, but this team is pretty bad! We'll need this game with UH & Texas Tech back to back.

Hansel
September 1st, 2005, 07:24 PM
Bacone = Bad

Sam_Kats
September 1st, 2005, 07:28 PM
Hansel = right.

These guys are bad...Kats 42-0

Wonder what's scheduled for the halftime entertainment?

blackfordpu
September 1st, 2005, 11:08 PM
Final was 77-7. Bacone scored on a long pass that the Kats defended half-ass. They were playing in 1st gear the entire fourth quarter.

I was not too impressed with Allen or Pate but Daugherty really caught my eye. This guy can throw the ball and has an excellent touch. I expect to see him starting sometime early this season, as soon as he learns the offense better. He also seemed to be pretty mobile and made excellent decisions.

As far as the recieving core goes I can say with confidence that we are going to be alright. All of those guys looked good tonight. Skinner dropped a couple of easy passes but hopefully those are just first game jitters. Overall they all did pretty well.

The rushing attack was on tonight as well. #22 had a couple of good runs and is very agile. We seem to be pretty deep at the HB position as well which is a good thing because HB's can get injured at any time.

Apparently there were some records broken in this game. Don't know which ones but I caught the end of the radio broadcast and the announcer called it a record breaking game.

The first quarter was HORRIBLE! Neither team could get a rhythem and penelties killed the Kats. Smith had a 45 yard touchdown run on the first play of the game and it got called back on a holding call. If they start out like this in the games to come they will get killed.

This was a good game to "get the rust off" of the players. The next couple of Saturdays will be a real test before the conference games start.

GO KATS!

Grizo406
September 2nd, 2005, 12:21 AM
Get ready for someone to start yapping about you guys running up the score, but who really gives a *****.

Nice job, Kats...nice job indeed!!!

I hope we do half as well.

kats89
September 2nd, 2005, 01:25 AM
Get ready for someone to start yapping about you guys running up the score, but who really gives a *****.

Nice job, Kats...nice job indeed!!!

I hope we do half as well.

Running up the score is right. All we did was run the freaking ball. 348 yds on the ground from a pass happy team. Just think if we had opened it up? It is the defenses job to stop us. They couldn't. :nod:

Great job by the Kat D tonight. If it was not for the long pass in the 4th qtr, Bacone would have only had 60+yds offense tonight.

Bring on UH.

blackfordpu
September 2nd, 2005, 09:15 AM
Kats, still think Allen is the man? Daugherty looked like it to me.