PDA

View Full Version : Which is win of the week?

FCSFAN
September 22nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
If it is "Other" you name the team.

Grizaholic17
September 22nd, 2007, 06:09 PM
what a pointless poll...everyone should be in agreement on this one, unless you are really conceded.

ThreadStopper
September 22nd, 2007, 06:10 PM
what a pointless poll...everyone should be in agreement on this one, unless you are really conceded.

Did you vote anyway Griz?

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2007, 06:12 PM
Wofford of course, they ended App State's long FCS winning streak.

youwouldno
September 22nd, 2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah, dumb poll. It's not even a little close. Another MAC team loses to an FCS team... yawn. Who cares. Wofford beats #1, 2-straight champion App St... now that's a win.

No_Skill
September 22nd, 2007, 06:13 PM

Getting ready for all the Montana hating backlash are ya???

Hansel
September 22nd, 2007, 06:14 PM

Montana over Albany?

No_Skill
September 22nd, 2007, 06:15 PM
Yeah, dumb poll. It's not even a little close. Another MAC team loses to an FCS team... yawn. Who cares. Wofford beats #1, 2-straight champion App St... now that's a win.

Ball St. took it to Michigan last year and had a chance to beat Nebraska today losing by 1. xrolleyesx

UNHWildCats
September 22nd, 2007, 06:16 PM
Michigan over Penn State lol

slycat
September 22nd, 2007, 06:16 PM
lets wait till all the games are played.

Eyes of Old Main
September 22nd, 2007, 06:18 PM
NDSU's win is very big and they are to be congratulated. Unfortunately, Wofford's win comes on the same day and is a little more newsworthy because of ASU's recent dominance and their win against Michigan. Looks like NDSU's win will end up kind of like Nicholls' win over Rice from the media perspective.

Hammerhead
September 22nd, 2007, 06:24 PM
Any win against a FBS team won't get 1/10th the coverage as App. upsetting Michigan. If we manage to beat the goofers, there might be a little play on the national media.

FCSFAN
September 22nd, 2007, 06:25 PM
what a pointless poll...everyone should be in agreement on this one, unless you are really conceded.Computers agree with you but they are way off this early in the year.

But the #12 beat the #1, conference rivals at home. With computer rankings:

Wofford #136
Appalachian St #47

A provisional FCS destroyed an FBS on the road.

N Dakota St #99
C Michigan #86

NDSUFREAK
September 22nd, 2007, 06:28 PM
Computers agree with you but they are way off this early in the year.

But the #12 beat the #1, conference rivals at home. With computer rankings:

Wofford #136
Appalachian St #47

A provisional FCS destroyed an FBS on the road.

N Dakota St #99
C Michigan #86

Remember, NDSU is not playoff eligible and yet we have beaten 2 FBS teams so far...

FCSFAN
September 22nd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Remember, NDSU is not playoff eligible and yet we have beaten 2 FBS teams so far...That's what provisional means.

HI54UNI
September 22nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
Drake fumbles the kick out of bounds. Will start at the 20

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Remember, NDSU is not playoff eligible and yet we have beaten 2 FBS teams so far...

That is a shame that these guys won't get a crack at the playoffs either. NDSU is better then many want to give credit (cough Montana fans cough).
Either way we get our shot next year but unfortunately Walker, Mays and this years seniors won't get the opportunity to showcase their talent against the best of FCS in the playoffs. xsmhx

WUTNDITWAA
September 22nd, 2007, 06:35 PM
It's gotta be Wofford. Hands down. Voting for the other would be saying that the MAC is better than the Gateway.

FCSFAN
September 22nd, 2007, 06:44 PM
It's gotta be Wofford. Hands down. Voting for the other would be saying that the MAC is better than the Gateway.xconfusedx NDSU isn't in the Gateway and they are still a provisional team.

No_Skill
September 22nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
xconfusedx NDSU isn't in the Gateway and they are still a provisional team.

You love to play devil's advocate, don't you. :D

GreatAppSt
September 22nd, 2007, 07:02 PM
We'll this poll took about 40 minutes. Enjoy FCSFA(ralph)H :D xrolleyesx

GreatAppSt
September 22nd, 2007, 07:04 PM

Not pointless for somebody wishing to grind an axe.;)

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2007, 07:06 PM

I was the Other.....cuz i KNEW Wofford and NDSU were that good.....;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

FCSFAN
September 22nd, 2007, 07:11 PM
Not pointless for somebody wishing to grind an axe.;)Didn't take long for the finger pointing etc. :p

bisonguy
September 22nd, 2007, 07:23 PM

If you're really conceded, wouldn't you end up agreeing with the majority? xconfusedx

I voted Wofford over Appalachian State, as it's a FCS exclusive game with the preseason favorite that looked possibly unbeatable suffering a loss.

The NDSU win over CMU is a big win for NDSU, but isn't as big in the FCS world.

GreatAppSt
September 22nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
Where was this poll the last two weeks?xconfusedx Oh wait App didn't lose then.xthumbsupx No finger pointing. calling as it is. Enjoy it FCSFAN you waited a long time to be able to say I told you so. xnodxxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

FCSFAN
September 22nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
Where was this poll the last two weeks?xconfusedx Oh wait App didn't lose then.xthumbsupx No finger pointing. calling as it is. Enjoy it FCSFAN you waited a long time to be able to say I told you so. xnodxxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolxYou are insane to be pointing fingers at me. xnonox xnonox xnonox I started this poll because others were talking about it. You sound like a sore loser.

th0m
September 22nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
Woffy's win over ASU is big, but NDSU didn't simply won at CMU, they blew them out of the water. I voted Wofford, but both wins are impressive.

Tailbone
September 22nd, 2007, 08:24 PM
.....NDSU is better then many want to give credit (cough Montana fans cough).

It's not that Montana fans don't wish to give "due credit" to the NDSU football team. It's more likely that we are annoyed by the arrogance of those Bison fans who, in an attempt to mitigate their own feelings of inadequacy, compensate by unreasonably targeting us. It is easy to point fingers and suggest that the Montana schedule is based on something other than economics, while glossing over the fact that in the last two years you have beaten no play-off teams and count among your "trophy wins", a victory over CMU - a team with 1 win in 4 games (and that against winless Toledo). I point this out, not to minimize the accomplishments of the fine NDSU program (which I respect greatly), but rather to "ground" those overly enamored of the letters "FBS" (and those Ralph would accuse of drinking too much Kool-aid).

You are funny people. Out of one side of your mouth, you complain about lack of respect you get from those who question your credentials and out of the other side of your mouth you proclaim Albany and SUU to be "cupcakes". Albany is probably better than you give them credit for, and SUU might look much better than they do if their schedule didn't make yours look pathetic by comparison. I'll not apologize for Fort Lewis, it seems many schools have their Ft.Lewises, Lenoir-Rhynes, WestChesters, etc. The only difference between Montana, App, Delaware, and NDSU, is that NDSU moved up a level to find their "cupcake" ....BFD.
You will play many teams better than CMU this year.

And you are right. It is a shame that your seniors will not get the opportunity they deserve to showcase their talent on the "larger stage".
Let's not overlook the fact that they knowingly sacrificed the opportunity to play for a championship at any level to help make the transition fron Div-II to FCs a successful one.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Wofford by far.

GreatAppSt
September 22nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
You are insane to be pointing fingers at me. xnonox xnonox xnonox I started this poll because others were talking about it. You sound like a sore loser.

Not sore in the least. We lost to a better team today that's football. I'm sure many FCS fans are happy with our loss today, and that's great. Your poll painted you as an instigator.;)

P.S.
You still didn't answer the question?

FCSFAN
September 22nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
Where was this poll the last two weeks?You actually think App St games against Lenoir-Rhyne and Northern Arizona deserved mention in a "Which is win of the week?" thread? I think other games were more important. There were threads about others, sorry that your game this week deserved mention. It was the game of the week after all.

FCSFAN
September 22nd, 2007, 08:38 PM
I'm sure many FCS fans are happy with our loss todayThat's pretty conceited of you. xrolleyesx

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
It's not that Montana fans don't wish to give "due credit" to the NDSU football team. It's more likely that we are annoyed by the arrogance of those Bison fans who, in an attempt to mitigate their own feelings of inadequacy, compensate by unreasonably targeting us. It is easy to point fingers and suggest that the Montana schedule is based on something other than economics, while glossing over the fact that in the last two years you have beaten no play-off teams and count among your "trophy wins", a victory over CMU - a team with 1 win in 4 games (and that against winless Toledo). I point this out, not to minimize the accomplishments of the fine NDSU program (which I respect greatly), but rather to "ground" those overly enamored of the letters "FBS" (and those Ralph would accuse of drinking too much Kool-aid).

You are funny people. Out of one side of your mouth, you complain about lack of respect you get from those who question your credentials and out of the other side of your mouth you proclaim Albany and SUU to be "cupcakes". Albany is probably better than you give them credit for, and SUU might look much better than they do if their schedule didn't make yours look pathetic by comparison. I'll not apologize for Fort Lewis, it seems many schools have their Ft.Lewises, Lenoir-Rhynes, WestChesters, etc. The only difference between Montana, App, Delaware, and NDSU, is that NDSU moved up a level to find their "cupcake" ....BFD.

And you are right. It is a shame that your seniors will not get the opportunity they deserve to showcase their talent on the "larger stage".
Let's not overlook the fact that they knowingly sacrificed the opportunity to play for a championship at any level to help make the transition fron Div-II to FCs a successful one.

Your honestly comparing NDSU's win over CMU to Montana's over SUU and Albany? Give me a break. Last week I thought your logic was rational, now it just reveals your nothing but a Montana homer.

Tailbone
September 22nd, 2007, 08:47 PM
Your honestly comparing NDSU's win over CMU to Montana's over SUU and Albany? Give me a break....

No, I'm not.
If you could read you'd know that.

What is it about Bison fans and reading comprehension?

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
No, I'm not.
If you could read you'd know that.

What is it about Bison fans and reading comprehension?

NDSU moved up to find their cupcake. I understand pretty clearly what that means.

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
So Edwards was out most of the second half, and played how much the last couple games. App St isn't in Michigan beating form without a healthy Edwards, IMO. Great win for Wofford, but a win over a healthy App St would have been bigger.

Congrats to Wofford on a great game. xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2007, 09:07 PM

Good lord where to start with this? This is like a smorgasboard of in your face Montana that it's too easy. Lets just say that I'm the only one who thinks your over rated! NOT. But fine if you want to single out NDSU fans fine. Hell half of AGS thinks your over rated. CMU plays teams like Purdue where as I don't even know who the hell Fort Lewis state is or where they play no less who they play. All I need to know is your team has played nobody to deserve your ranking but you can drink your Montana Kool Aid all day long if it makes you feel better. Now Back to the original subject for those who don't want to be bored with the same old Montana is over rated talk that seeps into so many threads by posters other then NDSU. Gee I wonder why that is? Must be a NDSU consipiracy against Montana xlolx

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Good lord where to start with this? This is like a smorgasboard of in your face Montana that it's too easy. Lets just say that I'm the only one who thinks your over rated! NOT. But fine if you want to single out NDSU fans fine. Hell half of AGS thinks your over rated. CMU plays teams like Purdue where as I don't even know who the hell Fort Lewis state is or where they play no less who they play. All I need to know is your team has played nobody to deserve your ranking but you can drink your Montana Kool Aid all day long if it makes you feel better. Now Back to the original subject for those who don't want to be bored with the same old Montana is over rated talk that seeps into so many threads by posters other then NDSU. Gee I wonder why that is? Must be a NDSU consipiracy against Montana xlolx

The ignore function works great. xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2007, 09:14 PM

You are so right my friend!!!xnodx

dungeonjoe
September 22nd, 2007, 09:15 PM
So Edwards was out most of the second half, and played how much the last couple games. App St isn't in Michigan beating form without a healthy Edwards, IMO. Great win for Wofford, but a win over a healthy App St would have been bigger.

Congrats to Wofford on a great game. xthumbsupx
Elder stepped in just fine, didn't turn over the ball. Are you talking healthy App St. or healthy Edwards? 'Cause them boys looked pretty healthy to me running and blocking and stuff.

GrizDen
September 22nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
That is a shame that these guys won't get a crack at the playoffs either. NDSU is better then many want to give credit (cough Montana fans cough).

Are you serious? xconfusedx I don't remember every single post on this board, but my memory is telling me that the overwhelming majority of Montana fans have nothing but respect for NDSU. If we ever get the chance to play you guys, I'll be very nervous.

In the immortal words of Fat Joe, "I'm not a player, I just crush a lot." xpeacex

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2007, 09:18 PM
Are you serious? xconfusedx I don't remember every single post on this board, but my memory is telling me that the overwhelming majority of Montana fans have nothing but respect for NDSU. If we ever get the chance to play you guys, I'll be very nervous.

In the immortal words of Fat Joe, "I'm not a player, I just crush a lot." xpeacex

I will say most Montana fans are class acts, its just a few that don't get it. I guess every fanbase has a few bad apples.

BeauFoster
September 22nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
It's a ralph poll, what does anyone expect?

GrizDen
September 22nd, 2007, 09:20 PM
Excellent post Tailbone. xbowx

You wrote what my brain was thinking, but I didn't want to take the time to write.

GreatAppSt
September 22nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
You actually think App St games against Lenoir-Rhyne and Northern Arizona deserved mention in a "Which is win of the week?" thread? I think other games were more important. There were threads about others, sorry that your game this week deserved mention. It was the game of the week after all.

Don't be silly or attempt to put words in my mouth. Since neither LR or NAU beat ASU that would not have qualified for your upset poll now would it? What I'm talking about is where was a poll saying which win was bigger? Example.(UNI over Iowa state or UNH over Marshall)

Answer the question.:)

DetroitFlyer
September 22nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
Dayton over Fordham!!!! Go Flyers!!

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
Excellent post Tailbone. xbowx

You wrote what my brain was thinking, but I didn't want to take the time to write.

xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

DuckDuckGriz
September 22nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
Don't be silly or attempt to put words in my mouth. Since neither LR or NAU beat ASU that would not have qualified for your upset poll now would it? What I'm talking about is where was a poll saying which win was bigger? Example.(UNI over Iowa state or UNH over Marshall)

Answer the question.:)

I agree with you sounds like someone has a hard-on for App today. xeekx

FCSFAN
September 22nd, 2007, 09:25 PM
What I'm talking about is where was a poll saying which win was bigger? Example.(UNI over Iowa state or UNH over Marshall)
Answer the question.:)Look it up and answer it yourself. :)

FCSFAN
September 22nd, 2007, 09:27 PM
I agree with you sounds like someone has a hard-on for App today. xeekxSounds to me like some fans are having a hard time accepting that other teams might have big wins too. xrolleyesx

DuckDuckGriz

xbabycryx

:p

Gil Dobie

Adding another to my ignore list xlolx

GrizDen
September 22nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
I was in a good mood until I started reading all these posts from Bison fans. You guys can't even take compliments when you get them.

UM is probably a bit overrated at this point of the season, do I care....NO. I'm more concerned about the team continuing to improve, little by little, every week and earn a playoff berth.

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
I was in a good mood until I started reading all these posts from Bison fans. You guys can't even take compliments when you get them.

UM is probably a bit overrated at this point of the season, do I care....NO. I'm more concerned about the team continuing to improve, little by little, every week and earn a playoff berth.

GrizDen its just Tailbone has had a long history of not giving NDSU credit. Last year when people ranked NDSU 5th he couldn't believe it and whined about it for months and still won't let it go. I am with Gil Dobie he is heading for the ignore list.

DuckDuckGriz
September 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
GrizDen its just Tailbone has had a long history of not giving NDSU credit. Last year when people ranked NDSU 5th he couldn't believe it and whined about it for months and still won't let it go.

So are you upset because a poster on an online message board isn't giving your team enough credit??

Is that.....basically what you're saying?

GrizDen
September 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Back at you as well as BisonBacker. I'm already annoyed by your fans and your program isn't even eligible for the playoffs yet. Have fun in Late Nov. and December not watching your football team.xcoffeex

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2007, 09:33 PM

In fairness to Montana Fans I should have put "Some Montana Fans". My apologies.

T-Dog
September 22nd, 2007, 09:34 PM
An honorable mention has to go to UT-Nooga. Winning for the first time ever in Statesboro in OT against Georgia Southern, three weeks after that embarassing loss to D-2 Carson-Newman at home.

BisonBacker
Back at you as well as BisonBacker. I'm already annoyed by your fans and your program isn't even eligible for the playoffs yet. Have fun in Late Nov. and December not watching your football team.xcoffeex

No it's a good thing for you guys, you'd be going home in all likelyhood wondering what happened to the almighty Griz. xlolx xlolx

FargoBison
So are you upset because a poster on an online message board isn't giving your team enough credit??

Is that.....basically what you're saying?

On this board I am but its not like I give a crap otherwise.

GreatAppSt
September 22nd, 2007, 09:36 PM
Look it up and answer it yourself. :)

No need, the real intent of the thread was clear.

DuckDuckGriz
On this board I am but its not like I give a crap otherwise.

Just checking big fella.

CCU97
UT- Chatt beat Georgia Southern.....shouldn't have even been close....

MSUBear42
September 22nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
MISSOURI STATE BEATING CENTRAL ARKANSAS WITH 0:20 left!

NDSUFREAK
September 22nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
That's what provisional means.

i know that is what it means. that is why i bolded the word and added on to your reply

Tailbone
September 22nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
GrizDen its just Tailbone has had a long history of not giving NDSU credit. Last year when people ranked NDSU 5th he couldn't believe it and whined about it for months and still won't let it go. I am with Gil Dobie he is heading for the ignore list.

Absolutely untrue.
If you are going to make accusations, at least base them on fact.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showpost.php?p=308316&postcount=50

The funny thing is......

The argument I was making last year, you are making this year.

Incidentally, I think it noteworthy that I am NOT lobbying for any particular ranking for Montana, nor against any particular ranking for NDSU - merely pointing out facts to be considered. Sorry you find facts so....unpleasant.

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2007, 10:44 PM
Absolutely untrue.
If you are going to make accusations, at least base them on fact.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showpost.php?p=308316&postcount=50

The funny thing is......

The argument I was making last year, you are making this year.

Incidentally, I think it noteworthy that I am NOT lobbying for any particular ranking for Montana, nor against any particular ranking for NDSU - merely pointing out facts to be considered. Sorry you find facts so....unpleasant.

Maybe I got carried away there maybe I didn't. You do a good job at pointing out the fact that NDSU didn't beat a playoff team but then you forget about FBS games and all the road games NDSU played. Your not taking everything in account it is all based on playoff teams or nothing. I think a case could be made for NDSU being top 5 last year and a lot of that same logic has Montana in my top 5 this year.

Also I still don't get your CMU comment....They've played a pair of decent FBS teams and beat up on Toledo(who is not winless BTW). They shouldn't be compared to App States or Montana's cupcakes.

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2007, 10:46 PM
Sorry to be homerific...but the Wofford game was really not even a huge upset in my book

(two ranked teams, Woffie at home, always tough versus ASU, ASU had to drop one sooner or later, Edwards hurt, etc)

And while the final score is big, CMU is pretty dog awful, I expected NDSU to win.

I vote for the Mocs...who knows how GSU's season will turn out, but when you take a team that had to get up off the deck after two losses (one being to a DII team at home)...and when add in how badly the Mocs have been humiliated in Statesboro for the last 23 years...

1984 L 17-24 -7 (Buddy Nix)
1986 L 14-34 -20 (Buddy Nix)
1989 L 14-34 -20 (Buddy Nix)
1993 L 0-45 -45 (Tommy West)
1995 L 9-35 -26 (Buddy Green)
1997 L 10-37 -27 (Buddy Green)
1999 L 10-49 -39 (Buddy Green)
2001 L 7-70 -67 (Donnie Kirkpatrick)
2003 L 3-34 -31 (Rodney Allison)
2005 L 10-48 -38 (Rodney Allison)
2007 W 45-38 +7 (Rodney Allison)

You gotta give Chattanooga some consideration of "win of the week". This is arguably the biggest road win for the Mocs since beating Knoxville back in....1959!

Reed Rothchild
September 22nd, 2007, 10:54 PM
The Wofford win is sending shock waves throughout ALL D1 football. According to logic, App St wasn't supposed to lose a game the rest of the year. The win by the Terriers merely confirms that FCS has closed the gap and that there are quality teams throughout the division.

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
The Wofford win is sending shock waves throughout ALL D1 football. According to logic, App St wasn't supposed to lose a game the rest of the year. The win by the Terriers merely confirms that FCS has closed the gap and that there are quality teams throughout the division.

According to logic, ASU shouldn't have won against Michigan and Chattanooga shouldn't have won at GSU (and on and on)

Wait, when did we start applying logic to college football????? :)

Tailbone
September 22nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
Maybe I got carried away there maybe I didn't. You do a good job at pointing out the fact that NDSU didn't beat a playoff team but then you forget about FBS games and all the road games NDSU played. Your not taking everything in account it is all based on playoff teams or nothing.

Also I still don't get your CMU comment....They've played a pair of decent FBS teams and beat up on Toledo(who is not winless BTW).

Actually, I didn't forget the FBS games, nor the road games.
I thought (and think) NDSUs performance has been nothing short of exceptional since joining FCS. That's why I considered them to be a top 10 team despite having played no play-off teams. I just found it difficult to justify a top 5 based on nothing more than speculation. App State/ Michigan is exactly the reason why...any given saturday.

Some Bison fans are insisting that the Bison are not receiving credit where due, meaning they disagree with the credit being given. Because I will not give credit on mere speculation, you can be assured that when I give credit it is earned. Earning our spot is the fundamental principle of our divisions system. would you want it otherwise?

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
Actually, I didn't forget the FBS games, nor the road games.
I thought (and think) NDSUs performance has been nothing short of exceptional since joining FCS. That's why I considered them to be a top 10 team despite having played no play-off teams. I just found it difficult to justify a top 5 based on nothing more than speculation. App State/ Michigan is exactly the reason why...any given saturday.

Some Bison fans are insisting that the Bison are not receiving credit where due, meaning they disagree with the credit being given. Because I will not give credit on mere speculation, you can be assured that when I give credit it is earned. Earning our spot is the fundamental principle of our divisions system. would you want it otherwise

Absolutely not. We can argue about #2-120 but you'll never see me debating about who is #1 come the end of the year.

patssle
September 22nd, 2007, 11:09 PM
We can argue about #2-120 but you'll never see me debating about who is #1 come the end of the year.

Shouldn't #2 be the loser in the NC? ;)

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2007, 11:13 PM
Shouldn't #2 be the loser in the NC? ;)

Most likely, unless they lay a huge egg.

Grizaholic17
September 22nd, 2007, 11:13 PM
Did you vote anyway Griz?

okay okay, we all know griz fans are conceded people, probably more than anyone in the FCS...but don't make this a smack board because I was praising another team. Don't you guys have anything better to do than be on the Griz's backs constantly? Oh wait, no, you don't...

VOTE FOR MONTE AT http://www.capitalonebowl.com

BigApp
September 22nd, 2007, 11:22 PM
I agree with you sounds like someone has a hard-on for App today. xeekx

yep. It's been a looooong time since December 3, 2005 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=253372026)...

BigApp
September 22nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
Dayton over Fordham!!!! Go Flyers!!

a very nice win indeed! xthumbsupx

GtFllsGriz
September 23rd, 2007, 12:12 AM
My God, how may of these threads do the Bison have to turn into, we are great, Griz are overrated?

The Griz have earned the respect given them by most on this board over the past 15 or so years. We have won our fair share of the games and congratulated those that beat us.

The Bison have been here for what, three years or so but it seems like an eterenity of whining......we are great, you are overrated....if only we could prove it....wow. Relax! When you have been to the playoffs 14 times, won two national titles and played in many of the championships you will earn the respect that you so much want to have.

Quit running down other teams to make yours look better. I know it sucks that you can't play for the title yet but some of you are starting to sound like broken records with the same song playing over and over. You are turning some of us into Bison haters instead of being the supportive fans of the Bison that we once were.

No_Skill
September 23rd, 2007, 12:31 AM

How old are you? like 12??

JohnStOnge
September 23rd, 2007, 09:26 AM
Somebody may already have said this...I havent' read all the posts...but I think one reason the Wofford win is big is that it makes FCS look better. I'd bet that when App beat Michigan many casual football fans figured that meant that 1) Michigan is bad and 2) if App could win at Ann Arbor no FCS team would test them.

Yesterday several times on ESPN they featured reports of App State losing to Wofford. Saw it again this morning.

Good that Michigan beat Penn State yesterday too. It'd be swell if they could win the Big 10...though I don't think they're going to. I think Ohio State has to be the favorite to do that.

appfan2008
September 23rd, 2007, 09:33 AM
stupid poll started by an app hater poster.. obviously it was wofford

Cap'n Cat
September 23rd, 2007, 09:40 AM
Woofie over Appy, no doubt, but the Bison spanking a halfway decent MAC school is very impressive.

xthumbsupx

Ronbo
September 23rd, 2007, 10:06 AM
My God, how may of these threads do the Bison have to turn into, we are great, Griz are overrated?

The Griz have earned the respect given them by most on this board over the past 15 or so years. We have won our fair share of the games and congratulated those that beat us.

The Bison have been here for what, three years or so but it seems like an eterenity of whining......we are great, you are overrated....if only we could prove it....wow. Relax! When you have been to the playoffs 14 times, won two national titles and played in many of the championships you will earn the respect that you so much want to have.

Quit running down other teams to make yours look better. I know it sucks that you can't play for the title yet but some of you are starting to sound like broken records with the same song playing over and over. You are turning some of us into Bison haters instead of being the supportive fans of the Bison that we once were.

Hate is the most sincere form of respect. Ask the Yankees.xlolx

No_Skill
September 23rd, 2007, 11:06 AM
Hate is the most sincere form of respect. Ask the Yankees.xlolx

Seems like a two way street there, Griz Fans. xthumbsupx

GreatAppSt
September 23rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Woofie over Appy, no doubt, but the Bison spanking a halfway decent MAC school is very impressive.

xthumbsupx

Guess waiting for outcomes and adding this game or a # of other great wins yesterday to the poll stood in the way of somebodies App Hatexlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

FCSFAN
September 23rd, 2007, 02:16 PM
stupid poll started by an app hater poster.. obviously it was woffordxrolleyesx check where I voted Einstein xrolleyesx But it looks like 30% of the poll don't agree with us. They must all be App St haters. xcoffeex

terrierbob
September 23rd, 2007, 02:25 PM
An honorable mention has to go to UT-Nooga. Winning for the first time ever in Statesboro in OT against Georgia Southern, three weeks after that embarassing loss to D-2 Carson-Newman at home.

Agreed. How long has GSU been in the SOCON? Over 20years/

JALMOND
September 23rd, 2007, 03:54 PM
The way I see it (as I say, just my opinion)...

NDSU over Cent Michigan---good win by the FCS transitional team, but the Bison have shown to be a tremendous addition to FCS as a whole. This win only supports that assumption. Also, this would have been a good bet, even before the game began.

Wofford over App State---Again, a good win by a team looking for respect this year. Wofford took their opportunity and ran with it. The only thing is that it was at home and, no matter who is playing, it takes some doing to get the W on the road.

Which brings us to what I consider the win of the week...

Chattanooga over Georgia Southern---As stated, the Mocs have already lost to DII (Carson-Newman) this year, and Statesboro is one of the worst places to try to win a game if you are not GSU. Further, Chattanooga's winning tradition is not somthing that has been talked about recently. To merely take GSU to overtime could have been considered a "moral" victory, in my opinion, for the Mocs, but they closed the deal and got the win on the road. Even with all going on in the FCS, this was the win of the week.

GrizDen
September 23rd, 2007, 04:20 PM
How old are you? like 12??

Yep, I turn lucky 13 next week. xsmiley_wix