PDA

View Full Version : Harvard vs. Brown 9/22/2007

bonarae
September 22nd, 2007, 05:16 AM
Harvard Stadium's first night game. First Ivy game for both teams this season.

More info:
http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=519609
Andrew Berry's essay about the stadium lights (http://www.gocrimson.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=41065&SPID=3659&DB_OEM_ID=9000&ATCLID=1245886)

Time: 7:30 pm

EmeryZach
September 22nd, 2007, 09:29 AM
Kirk Herbstreit was just talking smack about this game on College Gameday. He was asked to make a pick for this game and said he couldn't care less but that he was picking Brown because Chris Berman went there. He's such a dick about FCS. He was talking ***** about App State earlier too.

Franks Tanks
September 22nd, 2007, 09:37 AM
Kirk Herbstreit was just talking smack about this game on College Gameday. He was asked to make a pick for this game and said he couldn't care less but that he was picking Brown because Chris Berman went there. He's such a dick about FCS. He was talking ***** about App State earlier too.

Saw that, I did see a piece with Beano Cook berating ESPN for not paying attention to the Ivy League. He basically said they invented the game and were some of the most important college football programs, said ESPN should be ashamed for ignoring them. Gotta love Beano he is the only "old school" analyst at EPN and signs the praises of Ivy and service academy football, he understand what its all about unlike all teh others.

bulldog10jw
September 22nd, 2007, 10:15 AM
Saw that, I did see a piece with Beano Cook berating ESPN for not paying attention to the Ivy League. He basically said they invented the game and were some of the most important college football programs, said ESPN should be ashamed for ignoring them. Gotta love Beano he is the only "old school" analyst at EPN and signs the praises of Ivy and service academy football, he understand what its all about unlike all teh others.

ESPN did do an Ivy League game of the week in the late '80's. I guess it didn't get the ratings they wanted probably because there are more Kirks than Beanos in the country. They asked the Ivies if they would consider a Thurs night game(or some night during the week)which they, of course, being the Ivies refused.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 22nd, 2007, 10:35 AM

In some way, I think in this case that "any press is good press", even though he's a witless moron.

Besides, he's going to look like a moron when Harvard wins this game, like, 38-3 :p

Go...gate
September 22nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
Saw that, I did see a piece with Beano Cook berating ESPN for not paying attention to the Ivy League. He basically said they invented the game and were some of the most important college football programs, said ESPN should be ashamed for ignoring them. Gotta love Beano he is the only "old school" analyst at EPN and signs the praises of Ivy and service academy football, he understand what its all about unlike all the others.

I always love it when Beano talks about Army or Navy scheduling and then, rather than talking about football games, refers to the great battles in US military/naval history.

YaleFootballFan
September 22nd, 2007, 09:41 PM

Beano Cook is one of a kind.

If only there were more like him.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2007, 09:47 PM
ESPN also did a college gameday at Franklin Field for a Penn-Harvard game in 2002 or 2003.