PDA

View Full Version : Griz search for 11th 2008 game

mlbowl
September 21st, 2007, 09:38 AM
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2007/09/21/sports/sports04.txt

Interesting....."The UC-Davis game is part of a home-and-home contract, with the Griz set to go to California in 2009."

slostang
September 21st, 2007, 11:44 AM

Interesting....."The UC-Davis game is part of a home-and-home contract, with the Griz set to go to California in 2009."

I sure hope the Griz make it to Davis in 2009 and do not exercise their buy out clause. If Cal Poly is on the road that week, that is a game that I would drive 5 hours to see.

I will be traveling to Montana in 2010. I would not miss it. Great program, fans, tailgating and stadium. Now if we can get the Griz to San Luis Obispo again, that would be great.xthumbsupx

Cap'n Cat
September 21st, 2007, 11:50 AM
Countdown to this thread ending up in "Smack":

10, 9, 8, 7....................

:D :D :D ;) ;)

UNHWildCats
September 21st, 2007, 12:01 PM
Montana wont be playing a 12th game next year?

Ronbo
September 21st, 2007, 12:04 PM
We're committed to the Las Vegas FCS Kick Off Classic. They need to find a foe as Grambling backed out.

Grambling has left the FCS Kickoff Classic scrambling, and the Montana Grizzlies still have a spot to fill on their 2008 football schedule.

Cap'n Cat
September 21st, 2007, 12:26 PM
We're committed to the Las Vegas FCS Kick Off Classic. They need to find a foe as Grambling backed out.

Azusa Pacific?

xconfusedx

T-Dog
September 21st, 2007, 12:28 PM

*raises hand to volunteer*

(don't get your hopes up though, we already go to JMU next year so two big FCS non-conference road games are doubtful)

DuckDuckGriz
September 21st, 2007, 12:35 PM
Is Montana playing a FBS school next year? I heard we were playing Hawaii again (??)

mlbowl
September 21st, 2007, 12:58 PM
Is Montana playing a FBS school next year? I heard we were playing Hawaii again (??)
From the article...
"There was a rumor that Bowl Subdivision program Hawaii was in the picture, but that was more the case for this 2007 season. The dates didn't work for UM, and Northern Colorado ended up going to Honolulu and absorbing a 63-6 loss. A matchup in 2008 also seems unlikely."

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 21st, 2007, 01:21 PM
Have your guys call Sam Baker at GSU, please. :D

Eaglegus2
September 21st, 2007, 01:27 PM
Have your guys call Sam Baker at GSU, please. :D

Heck YES!!!!!!!!!xnodx

We could meet in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 21st, 2007, 01:46 PM
Heck YES!!!!!!!!!xnodx

We could meet in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome.xthumbsupx

Having a couple of games with Geogia Southern would be incredible.

AggieFinn
September 21st, 2007, 01:49 PM
I sure hope the Griz make it to Davis in 2009 and do not exercise their buy out clause. If Cal Poly is on the road that week, that is a game that I would drive 5 hours to see.

I will be traveling to Montana in 2010. I would not miss it. Great program, fans, tailgating and stadium. Now if we can get the Griz to San Luis Obispo again, that would be great.xthumbsupx

Ditto...the game should sell out in Davis even if it's early in the season, if it's during the school year, it should be as packed as possible with students, Old Aggie Fans, and those interested in the Sac Val.

ChickenMan
September 21st, 2007, 01:59 PM

If we lend you our helmets..

http://www.nflhelmetstore.com/mich.jpg

will you promise to play Del St???

:D xlolx :p

GOKATS
September 21st, 2007, 02:09 PM

Grambling didn't back out- read the article, it says they didn't have mutually open dates.

bodoyle
September 21st, 2007, 02:11 PM
I wanna play you guys. Always wanted to go there and see a game!!

Grizzaholic
September 21st, 2007, 02:29 PM
I wanna play you guys. Always wanted to go there and see a game!!

You don't want to say that. xnonox We already get enough guff for playing at home. We could go on the road for 2 full seasons and play every game outside Wa-Griz and still get SH*$!

patssle
September 21st, 2007, 02:56 PM
How about yall do another home and home with SHSU. Come back down to Huntsville boys!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 21st, 2007, 03:43 PM
How about yall do another home and home with SHSU. Come back down to Huntsville boys!

That's another one I would love to see.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
September 21st, 2007, 04:19 PM
The Griz need to come to San Diego and play SDSU for their FBS matchup...they'd kick some butt and I wouldn't have to drive forever or fly somewhere to see a Griz game

citdog
September 21st, 2007, 04:23 PM
two words.................. Webber Internationalxwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

mvemjsunpx
September 21st, 2007, 04:47 PM
The Las Vegas Classic people seem to want an HBCU to play Montana, so a matchup with Georgia Southern/App St./etc. isn't likely.

Tod
September 21st, 2007, 05:08 PM
The Griz need to come to San Diego and play SDSU for their FBS matchup...they'd kick some butt and I wouldn't have to drive forever or fly somewhere to see a Griz game

Why not play USD? :D

The Sheriff
September 21st, 2007, 05:16 PM
I want to make a trip to Missoula. C'mon remember your neighbors to the east!!!

nmatsen
September 21st, 2007, 05:27 PM

We'll do it! I wish I could make a decision like that. The griz and cats in Vegas!!!!!!!!!

What a great idea!

NDSUFREAK
September 21st, 2007, 06:26 PM
NDSU wouldn't shy away....

Tod
September 21st, 2007, 06:28 PM
NDSU wouldn't shy away....

I'm sure you wouldn't, but apparently they're looking for a HBCU. Hampton, Southern, SCSU?

xnodx xnodx xnodx

slostang
September 21st, 2007, 06:30 PM

Cal Poly plays San Diego State in 2008. You are going to have to wait until 2009.

ucdtim17
September 21st, 2007, 07:24 PM

Great to hear. Odd you guys are coming to Sac twice in one season though. Not the best planning

Ronbo
September 21st, 2007, 07:57 PM
I'm sure you wouldn't, but apparently they're looking for a HBCU. Hampton, Southern, SCSU?

xnodx xnodx xnodx

I think the reason they are is because the HBCU fans travel so well for big games. Southern would send 15,000 to Vegas to see us play them. How many UNI or GSU fans would show up????

I'll wager the Griz get 10,000 there as we get 5000-7000 to PSU.

Gil Dobie
September 21st, 2007, 07:59 PM
I think the reason they are is because the HBCU fans travel so well for big games. Southern would send 15,000 to Vegas to see us play them. How many UNI or GSU fans would show up????

I'll wager the Griz get 10,000 there as we get 5000-7000 to PSU.

Vegas is a cheap flight, probably be surprised what kind of crowd it would attract from those schools, especially UNI.

Seawolf97
September 21st, 2007, 08:08 PM

The Chicago Bears?xlolx xlolx

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
September 21st, 2007, 09:24 PM
Why not play USD? :D

That would work too

UNHWildCats
September 21st, 2007, 09:30 PM
That would work too

Sure, just not in San Diego... I think your point of suggesting San Diego State was easy access for you to see the game in person... However theres no way Montana should ever sign up to play at San Diego.

Tod
September 21st, 2007, 09:50 PM
Sure, just not in San Diego... I think your point of suggesting San Diego State was easy access for you to see the game in person... However theres no way Montana should ever sign up to play at San Diego.

But what a shame. Love to see it happen! :) :)

BTW, love your new sig! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
September 21st, 2007, 09:51 PM
But what a shame. Love to see it happen! :) :)

BTW, love your new sig! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Thanks

blukeys
September 21st, 2007, 11:30 PM
Vegas is a cheap flight, probably be surprised what kind of crowd it would attract from those schools, especially UNI.

Book a room in certain hotels at the right time of the year and they will fly you out. Vegas is one of the easiest cities to get discounted flights. xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
September 21st, 2007, 11:32 PM
They used to advertise a flight from manchester NH to Vegas for $49... thats freaking cheap.

blukeys
September 22nd, 2007, 12:08 AM
They used to advertise a flight from manchester NH to Vegas for $49... thats freaking cheap.

Those are not that unusual. But these promos are usually tied to a hotel stay of 3 or more days. However, if you are going to Vegas anyway it might work for anyone. I always liked the idea of Vegas for the NC game due in no small part to the possible travel incentives from the airlines.

bodoyle
September 24th, 2007, 12:25 PM
You don't want to say that. xnonox We already get enough guff for playing at home. We could go on the road for 2 full seasons and play every game outside Wa-Griz and still get SH*$!

Ok, we can meet in the middle - Chicago! xnodx xnodx