PDA

View Full Version : Hamtpon vs Morgan State

PantherRob82
September 20th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Tonight I was glad I got to see 2 more teams I hadn't seen this year. My first thought now that the game is over is:

"One of those teams was a top 15 team?"

I know other teams have lost above them, but Hampton is very overrated. They've slipped by Howard and Morgan State. I was very unimpressed and my poll will definitely be shaken up this week.

I hope more voters are watching games and not just moving people up and down from the previous weeks poll. xtwocentsx

Menudo
September 20th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I agree. Everybody says this is the year to get Hampton. With the number of upperclassmen they lost and so many new players this year. I worry about Hampton's season. I think they are average this year, but have big time players and make the big plays. I can say their is at least improvement each game I have seen. I just need there to be more next week, and then we also face Princeton the following week.

GreatAppSt
September 20th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Hamtpon university. I see a very sudden rise in male enrollments next year at a school with pon in it's name.:D

HIU 93
September 20th, 2007, 10:37 PM
First things first- this is a greatly improved Morgan State team. Chad Simpson needs to be playing on Sunday next season. He is an absolute baller.

Now that I have said that- this is the worst I have seen us play in a number of years. We can't tackle, we don't block, TJ makes stupid decisions. It is absolutely terrible. I am going to be the first to say this- unless we make some drastic changes this week, we won't beat DSU next Saturday.

smallcollegefbfan
September 20th, 2007, 10:48 PM
is there a replay for this game? i missed the first broadcast of it.

HIU 93
September 20th, 2007, 11:23 PM
is there a replay for this game? i missed the first broadcast of it.

I'm sure it is. It was aired om ESPNU.

Cap'n Cat
September 20th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Tonight I was glad I got to see 2 more teams I hadn't seen this year. My first thought now that the game is over is:

"One of those teams was a top 15 team?"

I know other teams have lost above them, but Hampton is very overrated. They've slipped by Howard and Morgan State. I was very unimpressed and my poll will definitely be shaken up this week.

I hope more voters are watching games and not just moving people up and down from the previous weeks poll. xtwocentsx

Good points, Rob.

R.A.
September 21st, 2007, 01:28 AM
Hampton looked sloppy again this week. Del State has to be salavating up there. I don't think the Pirates are ready for the Hornets.

Hampton may slide by Princeton and most of the MEAC Schedule on athletisim and sloppy play... but DSU, SCSU, and S. Illy... they aren't having it. Heck, Wyatt's B-CU Wildcats aren't having it either.

A 9-2 Top 25 ranked Hampton Pirates team might get an at-large bid into the playoffs due to their recent reputation and history (if they don't win the MEAC Title), but anything below that and the Pirates can forget about it.

BTW-- Did everyone see the play of Kendall Langford and Marcus Dixion??? They both made some highlights for the NFL Draft boyz.

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2007, 07:40 AM
I guess I was hoping for more out of Hampton. I keep hoping that they will prove me wrong. They haven't left a good impression by losing in the first round of the playoffs every year. I don't know that I will drop them out, but their games against Princeton and Del St will definitely show us a lot.

Bobcat in NC
September 21st, 2007, 07:50 AM
I guess I was hoping for more out of Hampton. I keep hoping that they will prove me wrong. They haven't left a good impression by losing in the first round of the playoffs every year. I don't know that I will drop them out, but their games against Princeton and Del St will definitely show us a lot.

Same here. As a whole, the game was damn near unwatchable. Morgan St. doesn't make a ton of stupid mistakes and have some terrible turnovers and Hampton would have gotten run out of the building. As much time as they spent in Hampton territory in the 2nd half, seems like Morgan State thought that their side of the 50 was on fire or something.

I had HU at 16 this week, and they sure didn't do anything to move up. Going to be very interested to see where they go from here. Was this game an exception or the rule for this year?

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2007, 02:37 PM
They struggled against Howard too. So far the SWAC and MEAC games i've watched have shown me a lot of fast and talented players at the skill positions and a lot of bad football. xsmhx

Mr. Tiger
September 21st, 2007, 02:46 PM
Hampton played like Hamtpon last night. xlolx Morgan State should have won. I'm still trying to figure out why Morgan State was throwing a fade route on 3rd long when all they needed was a field goal. As soon as the QB dropped back, I knew it would be intercepted.

Pantherpower
September 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM
It was nearly unwatchable. The casual football fan (one who doesn't know much if anything about FCS football) who watched that game had to think...."This is FCS football??? Thanks but no thanks!"

Too bad ESPNU doesn't take a look at televising quality FCS games. Appy State vs. Wofford this weekend would be a great example...

Go...gate
September 21st, 2007, 06:50 PM
I agree. Everybody says this is the year to get Hampton. With the number of upperclassmen they lost and so many new players this year. I worry about Hampton's season. I think they are average this year, but have big time players and make the big plays. I can say their is at least improvement each game I have seen. I just need there to be more next week, and then we also face Princeton the following week.

Princeton was clearly looking like a rebuilding team last week against Lehigh.

blukeys
September 21st, 2007, 11:52 PM
Is the Hampton - DSU game in Dover this year?

HIU 93
September 22nd, 2007, 09:41 PM
Is the Hampton - DSU game in Dover this year?

No.