PDA

View Full Version : Big South Has A Tough Week, Any Predicts?

Thumper250
September 19th, 2007, 03:04 PM
CSU at Hawaii
Long trip, I would think Hawaii runs away early. No telling what the final score could be.

CCU at James Madison
Will be a tad closer than the Dukes think. Coastal is still dangerous.

Liberty at Elon
Tough matchup for the Flames defense. Elon plays pitch and catch well.

G-W at Mississippi State
Home Dogs win easy. Road Dogs get some good experience.

VMI at Lehigh
Nice games for the Keydets the last few weeks, but dang tough for a young team.

Predictions?

OL FU
September 19th, 2007, 03:05 PM
CSU at Hawaii
Long trip, I would think Hawaii runs away early. No telling what the final score could be.

CCU at James Madison
Will be a tad closer than the Dukes think. Coastal is still dangerous.

Liberty at Elon
Tough matchup for the Flames defense. Elon plays pitch and catch well.

G-W at Mississippi State
Home Dogs win easy. Road Dogs get some good experience.

VMI at Lehigh
Nice games for the Keydets the last few weeks, but dang tough for a young team.

Predictions?

I think the only one that has a reasonable shot at winning is Liberty but I am predicting 0-5 this week.

I do think Liberty has a very good shot at winning. Both Liberty and Elon seem improved. It is difficult to tell how good W&M is. Obviously they have a heck of an offense but apparently no defense. Elon played well in the their I-A game. Should tell us a lot about both teams

GoldandBlack
September 19th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I think the only one that has a reasonable shot at winning is Liberty but I am predicting 0-5 this week.

I do think Liberty has a very good shot at winning. Both Liberty and Elon seem improved. It is difficult to tell how good W&M is. Obviously they have a heck of an offense but apparently no defense. Elon played well in the their I-A game. Should tell us a lot about both teams

A major "ouch" week- it's scary, but I agree with OL FU (and may the saints preserve my soul!)

Thumper250
September 19th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Unfortunately I agree. Personally I just hope is that my beloved Bulldogs don't get banged up to badly. Having watched them practice a few times in the past month, I do think they are under rated by many on here. Not under rated enough to pull of this kind of upset though.

walliver
September 19th, 2007, 04:26 PM
0-5

but Liberty could make it 1-4

ngineer
September 19th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Looking forward to the Keydets' visit this week. Forecast is sunny and mid-80's so bring your sun screen. The visitors' stands face into the afternoon sun. VMI gave us fits two years ago in Lexington. Their offensive scheme being the 'flex-option' is not something we see alot. Only other team that runs an option we face is Bucknell, to our young linebackers will be tested. I still expect us to win, but our erratic play over the first two weeks always has one concerned. Hot day, if humid, could have an impact in the second half.