PDA

View Full Version : NCCU vs. Arch-Rival NCA&T - 9-22-2007 - Greensboro - NC

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
September 19th, 2007, 11:37 AM
NCCU vs. Arch-Rival NCA&T - 9-22-2007 - Greensboro - NC

Click Here For Details (http://p067.ezboard.com/fnccueaglesfrm2.showMessage?topicID=1354.topic)

Take Care!

brownbear
September 19th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I like that NC A&T has the longest losing streak in Division I and can still sell out their stadium.

ElonPride
September 19th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Central should win this one easily. 31-0.

HIU 93
September 19th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I like that NC A&T has the longest losing streak in Division I and can still sell out their stadium.

Aggie Pride is for real.

ASU88
September 19th, 2007, 03:28 PM
NC A&T has great fans. It's tough to see them struggle so much.

Win or lose, they bring good crowds to all games. And Homecoming ... it's absolutely crazy here in Greensboro. Many, many come for the surrounding festivities without even thinking about going to the game.

HIU 93
September 19th, 2007, 04:46 PM
NC A&T has great fans. It's tough to see them struggle so much.

Win or lose, they bring good crowds to all games. And Homecoming ... it's absolutely crazy here in Greensboro. Many, many come for the surrounding festivities without even thinking about going to the game.

It is the best homecoming in the land in my opinion. I hope the Aggie-Eagle returns to Carter Finley soon. That was the absolute BOMB!!!!

SU Jag
September 19th, 2007, 10:31 PM
There is nothing like HBCU football!xnodx I cant wait to see this game get back to Carter-Finley.

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
September 20th, 2007, 04:22 PM
The Eagle-Aggie Game May be played at Wallace Wade Stadium, on the campus of Duke University, in Durham, NC, for next year.

Let's Go "Eagles" !!!! xbowx

It should also be a great Marching Band Battle, as usual.

Take Care!

Go...gate
September 20th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I'm sticking with my pals in maroon, but hope it is a great game for both teams. Enjoy!!

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
September 23rd, 2007, 12:49 PM
NCCU DEFENSE BENDS, DOESN’T BREAK IN WIN OVER AGGIES
http://ariel.acc.nccu.edu/athletics/fb092207.html

Take Care!

grizband
September 23rd, 2007, 03:21 PM
Unfortunately, after this fight, the NC A&T AD may consider a "cooling-off period" from continuing the series."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/09/23/bc.fbc.post.gamebrawl.ap/index.html

That would really be a shame, since this was their first meeting as Division I teams.

Big Dawg
September 23rd, 2007, 09:54 PM
Sad way to end a GREAT GAME...

Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
September 23rd, 2007, 10:24 PM
NCCU Statements Regarding Post-Game Incident on Sept. 22, 2007
http://web.nccu.edu/athletics

Statement from North Carolina Central University Director of Athletics Bill Hayes regarding post-game incident on Sept. 22, 2007:

"Saturday night's post-game incident was an unfortunate ending to an otherwise wonderful night of college football. the fans of both universities created an outstanding atmosphere of spirit and enthusiasm, while both teams demonstrated tremendous heart and passion in their play on the gridiron.

However, what happened following the game was a great disappointment as the poor judgment and thoughtless actions of a few student-athletes led to an unfortunate and embarrassing altercation between both teams at mid-field.

This type of behavior will not be tolerated and is in no way indicative of this athletics department or this university. We will respond to this matter swiftly and decisively.

Based on our assessment of the situation and after meetings with the coaching staff and student-athletes, we have suspended a student-athlete for this weekend's football contest for his role in the incident. As further information is discovered, we will respond accordingly."

Statement from North Carolina Central University Head Football Coach Mose Rison regarding post-game incident on Sept. 22, 2007:

"After our game Saturday, emotions were running very high; however, we still expected to walk across the field and conduct the traditional handshake. Instead some physical aggression erupted, and thanks to the quick action of the police, was made brief. On behalf of my staff, I will state that I believe we acted immediately and properly, and that our student-athletes responded accordingly to our instructions.

In every level of football I have ever coached, there is always an arch rivalry. These games are exciting to watch and exciting to play and coach. They mean a great deal to the teams, the fans, the institutions, and to the alumni. The challenge to all of us is to channel our excitement and emotions and keep them on a level that honors the sport and the work that goes into it. When the game is over, we need to share our elation in a positive manner. We need to feel our disappointment without taking it out on anybody else. When the game is over, it’s over. That’s the reality of life.

I am committed to discipline within this football program. I have set and enforced standards for our team and will continue to consistently do so. I won’t tolerate unsportsmanlike behavior. We will not just play a bunch of games on a schedule with no substance and character underneath them. My priority is building a football program of strong substance with men of strong character."

Kyle Serba
Assistant Athletics Director for Media Relations
North Carolina Central University
McLendon-McDougald Gym, Room 116
1801 Fayetteville Street
Durham, NC 27707
Phone: (919) 530-7054
Fax: (919) 530-5426
Cell: (919) 796-1696
NCCU Athletics Web Site:
http://www.nccu.edu/athletics