PDA

View Full Version : What is your game of the week?

89Hen
September 19th, 2007, 07:52 AM
We vote on game of the week's before the season starts, but now that we have some results and a little shaking up... what say ye?

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 19th, 2007, 08:05 AM
From your list it's Delaware/Towson

I'm very interested in how the Umass/Maine game goes.

Is Maine as bad as they seem to be?
Is UMass as good as I think they are?

HiHiYikas
September 19th, 2007, 08:06 AM
The first three listed look equally interesting to me - I'm going with the homer pick, though.

mcveyrl
September 19th, 2007, 08:07 AM
I had to go ASU @ Wofford. Chance to see what the Terriers are made of!!

Close second for me was UNI @ Drake. See above, but put Drake in.

89Hen
September 19th, 2007, 08:09 AM

I like that game too, but I wanted to try to spread it around and UD/TU is the highest ranked CAA match-up... plus it's a big grudge game now with TU having won the last two. :(

th0m
September 19th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Hmmm, tough one. ASU - Woffy is the game between the highest ranked teams, but Delaware and Towson squaring off is sure to produce some fireworks, and especially for us is interesting to see a bit more clearly where all the teams stand...

Voted CAA matchup, I think it'll be more competitive.

89Hen
September 19th, 2007, 08:14 AM
'seenalot' who is your 'OTHER' vote for?

buckp
September 19th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Hmmm, tough one. ASU - Woffy is the game between the highest ranked teams, but Delaware and Towson squaring off is sure to produce some fireworks, and especially for us is interesting to see a bit more clearly where all the teams stand...

Delaware vs. Towson - pulling for the return of the Fighting Blue Hens....xnodx

BULLDOG8180
September 19th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I think I might slip up to Spartanburg to the ASU/Wofford game. Haven't seen Armanti live since high school.

BlueHen86
September 19th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Several interesting games, but I went with UD-Towson.

xhomerx

HensRock
September 19th, 2007, 08:29 AM

I actually think the SoCon matchup will be more competitive.

DUPFLFan
September 19th, 2007, 08:33 AM
For me, obviously it is Northern Iowa vs Drake.

So many people here feel that the Illinois State win was a fluke. Now it is time to find out if it was...

Gil Dobie
September 19th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Other

#5 North Dakota St at FBS Central Michigan

CoastalFan2005
September 19th, 2007, 08:41 AM
I'm a little biased, but I'm gonna go with CCU @ JMU. Last time these teams played, something magical happened for our guys - I'm interested in this game just because I want to see if lightning will strike again.

89Hen
September 19th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Other

#5 North Dakota St at FBS Central Michigan
DQ'd for a I-A. xnonox

NE MT GRIZZ
September 19th, 2007, 08:49 AM
UNI vs Drake.

It's time to see if Drake is tough or fluff

SU Jag
September 19th, 2007, 09:16 AM
App State @ Wofford gets my votexnodx

89Hen
September 19th, 2007, 09:21 AM
App State @ Wofford gets my votexnodx
xconfusedx Then why'd you vote for AAMU at GSU? xeyebrowx

andy7171
September 19th, 2007, 09:24 AM

Stone cold BUSTED!

ButlerGSU
September 19th, 2007, 09:24 AM
We plan to watch Wofford/App State from our tailgate on Saturday...well as much as we can before GSU takes on UTC at 7.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Y'all are going to laugh, but that Yale/Cornell game could be a real battle between two of the better teams in the Ivy, and features a matchup between their best RB's - Yale's Mike McLeod and Cornell's Luke Siwula.

You know what else is going to be really good? Southern/Tennessee State. If Southern wins that game, the SWAC is going to be able to say to the OVC, "Who's your daddy?", and the OVC won't have a response!

mcveyrl
September 19th, 2007, 09:34 AM
I actually think the SoCon matchup will be more competitive.

I agree. The only thing that might help out is that Towson is at home, that might keep it close, but I still think that UD wins.

89Hen
September 19th, 2007, 09:37 AM
If Southern wins that game, the SWAC is going to be able to say to the OVC, "Who's your daddy?", and the OVC won't have a response!
Dunno about that... no game against EIU or EKU who look to be the class of the OVC this year.

89Hen
September 19th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I agree. The only thing that might help out is that Towson is at home, that might keep it close, but I still think that UD wins.
I wish I shared everyone's optimism... I guess when you lose two years in a row to a team it's tough to be too positive. I'll be sweating this one out until at least Saturday night... and maybe longer. :(

lizrdgizrd
September 19th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I had to go with ASU/Wofford. It's a homer vote, but it's also a chance to see what Wofford can really do with big implications for the SoCon and the playoffs.

SU Jag
September 19th, 2007, 10:00 AM

That game needed some votes! In my opinion those are the 2 hottest teams in the conference right now. The App. State/Wofford game will be a class of 2 top 12 teams, so its bigger. U happy now?

MSUBear42
September 19th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Bear Bowl 2- UCA@MSU, just because last years game down in Conway was a good one and it will be one of the highest scoring games this year probably.

DetroitFlyer
September 19th, 2007, 10:15 AM
For me, it is Dayton at Fordham. I am making the 10 hour drive from Detroit to attend in person. It is Fordham's homecoming, the weather is going to be nice, so it should be a good crowd. I'm going to have to cheer extra loud to counter all of those Fordham homecoming fans!

Bonus question: Dayton has not played a Patriot League team since 1999. Who was that team?

mcveyrl
September 19th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I wish I shared everyone's optimism... I guess when you lose two years in a row to a team it's tough to be too positive. I'll be sweating this one out until at least Saturday night... and maybe longer. :(

I don't know. UD's looked pretty unstoppable (at least in the box scores) and hasn't shown signs of slowing down. I will not be surprised if this is fairly close, but I would be surprised if UD loses.xtwocentsx

813Jag
September 19th, 2007, 10:33 AM
I'm a homer so I have huge interest in the SU/TSU game, I think Southern needs this W and the offense has to show that last week's performance was an off night.
I'll be checking scores of the other games as this seems to be a big weekend for voting purposes. Could be a lot of moving and shaking. Any of these games televised?

andy7171
September 19th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Bonus question: Dayton has not played a Patriot League team since 1999. Who was that team?
I know! I know!
Though I never really considered us a real Patriot League team.

I'm a homer so I have huge interest in the SU/TSU game, I think Southern needs this W and the offense has to show that last week's performance was an off night.
I'll be checking scores of the other games as this seems to be a big weekend for voting purposes. Could be a lot of moving and shaking. Any of these games televised?
The Towson Delaware game is on CSN. 7pm game time.

SU Jag
September 19th, 2007, 10:56 AM

I'll be there!xnodx

USDFAN_55
September 19th, 2007, 11:05 AM
San Diego doesn't play Buttler until next week. They have a Bye this week, and I don't think that is going to be much of a game since they have been struggling in their wins against D-III schools.

Drake is the game of the week for me. Go Drake!

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 19th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Tough call between UD's game and App State's game....two offensive giants going up against a conference opponent who has consistantly been a bubble team in the playoff race.

ASU still looks fairly unstoppable but Wofford was able to hold them to fewer points than any FCS team was last year (and playing in Boone) and Wofford is a tough team at home. While I think ASU is a better team than Delaware is (and that's saying something), I think Wofford has a better chance of getting the upset and that's why my vote goes to that game.

WUTNDITWAA
September 19th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I went with with No. 1 at No. 12. It's not a homer pick since the only other ranked matchup is No. 3 at No. 24.

igo4uni
September 19th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I voted for the game to determine the state championship in Iowa!!!

813Jag
September 19th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I'll be there!xnodx
I won't be a Jags game till the Classic. I'm going to two USF games and my wife wants to go to UF/Georgia. xnonono2x

813Jag
September 19th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I know! I know!
Though I never really considered us a real Patriot League team.

The Towson Delaware game is on CSN. 7pm game time.
Thanks! xthumbsupx

SirApp
September 19th, 2007, 01:35 PM
App St/Wofford
Delaware/Towson
UNI/Drake

In that order.

AppGirl
September 19th, 2007, 01:39 PM

App/Woffy on Sports South at 3:00. xthumbsupx

brownbear
September 19th, 2007, 01:41 PM
From your list, I'd go with App State and Northern Iowa.

But I'd like to add Harvard/Brown to the list. Should be a great game.

pantherfan
September 19th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Drake UNI is big for a variety of reasons. The "mythical State Championship" will be decided in Des Moines for one. Another reason is the fact that I think that Drake needs to be exposed before they climb any higher in the rankings, ala USD last season. IF Drake keeps this even remotely close, then they just may be a top 25 team...xcoffeex

LehighFan11
September 19th, 2007, 02:29 PM
To all you app st fans out there: What is the word on Armanti playing in the game? Anyone worried about some rust since he hasnt played since Michigan?

ASUG8
September 19th, 2007, 02:56 PM
To all you app st fans out there: What is the word on Armanti playing in the game? Anyone worried about some rust since he hasnt played since Michigan?

Not me - even if he doesn't get the start (which I think he will) Elder has been playing some great ball in his absence. Not as explosive, but effective. That being said, I think this is a big enough game that Armanti will shake off any existing cobwebs from the last two weeks and be ready to play.

89Hen
September 19th, 2007, 03:00 PM
But I'd like to add Harvard/Brown to the list. Should be a great game.
Holy Cross stopped that from being in the running.

ASU88
September 19th, 2007, 03:11 PM

I do believe him when Coach Moore says Edwards could have played in either of the last two games. And I, like others have stated, believe he would have come in had last week's game been close at crunch time.

Saturday night after the game some friends and I were at the Klondike talking to kicker Julian Rauch. I asked him if AE got hurt on the diving TD against Michigan. He said "No" that he had that dinged up shoulder BEFORE the Michigan game. Interesting.

I'm anticipating a good game against Wofford. Last year's 14-7 game was hard fought. They outplayed us after the 1st quarter.

AZGrizFan
September 19th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I went with UNI/Drake. To see if one or the other is a contender, or a pretender. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Mountain Panther
September 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I went with UNI/Drake. To see if one or the other is a contender, or a pretender. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

You must take a lot of convincing.

My heart says go with UNI/Drake but my brain chose ASU/Wofford. Other parts of me just want the Bikini Thread back.

HIU 93
September 19th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Very interested in the homer game- Hampton's home opener against Morgan.

blackfordpu
September 19th, 2007, 04:59 PM
The Appy State/Wofford game because an Appy loss would be huge.

AZGrizFan
September 19th, 2007, 05:14 PM
You must take a lot of convincing.

My heart says go with UNI/Drake but my brain chose ASU/Wofford. Other parts of me just want the Bikini Thread back.

I was just waitin' to see which Panther fan would bite first..... xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

But on your second point, we can ALL agree. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

JoshUCA
September 19th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I'm a homer...The Battle of the Bears! UCA vs MO State!

igo4uni
September 19th, 2007, 07:38 PM
But on your second point, we can ALL agree. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Long live the bikini thread!!!!

james_lawfirm
September 19th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I think I might slip up to Spartanburg to the ASU/Wofford game. Haven't seen Armanti live since high school.

I never saw him play in high school, but he is the real deal at ASU. It's too bad that it cannot be said that the offense was made for him. In a way it was, but really it was made for Richie Williams, and Armanti fills those shoes well.

He is truly exciting to watch - unless you are playing on Wofford's D. And then I guess he is just quick.

The thing I find amazing about Armanti is how cool he seems under pressure. When others would be losing it, Armanti is just looking to play football.

My favorite quotes of all time (so far) from Armanti: 1) After it was announced he would start in the 3rd game of the season last year (his 1st start), an overly-exuberant TV reporter asked him if he was nervous starting his first game as a true freshman? His reply: "Why? It's just football."

And, 2) after the Michigan game, that goofy female reporter on the sidelines practically screamed, "Do you know what you just did?" His deadpan-calm reply: "We just beat Michigan."

Anyway, rarely have I seen such skill, composure, modesty, and confidence wrapped up at the same time in the same person. I can't wait 'till kickoff in Spartanburg.

jonmac
September 19th, 2007, 08:01 PM

Didn't notice any rust after that long layoff prior to Michigan.

Bison311
September 19th, 2007, 08:30 PM
NDSU vs. Central Mich should be a good one....another chance for an FCS school to knock off an FBS school

Proud Griz Man
September 19th, 2007, 11:17 PM
DQ'd for a I-A. xnonox

The Bison are I-A ? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xrotatehx

TheValleyRaider
September 19th, 2007, 11:36 PM
There are some big ones here, certainly. It's also nice that Colgate has off this week so I can concentrate on some of these instead of getting locked into the Raiders

#1 Appalachian St. (3-0) @ #12 Wofford (2-1) - My vote, in the end, went to this one. High rankings, conference showdown, 2-time champs visiting a team that wants to be a contender. Without trying to take App. games during the season, this one is definately a can't-miss nationally

#3 Northern Iowa (3-0) @ #24 Drake (3-0) - So, does the winner get "Iowa State Champions" shirts? Definately gets the vote for most intriguing matchup, given questions people may still have about Drake. Good showing for the 'dogs could put them in good position for some good post-Thanksgiving games. Not saying, just saying...xwhistlex

#11 Delaware (3-0) @ #26 Towson (2-1) - Most maddening matchup, given Delaware's recent struggles vs. the Tigers. Really, if this game was in Newark, no one would think twice about taking the Hens. Except their fans, of course

#17 Yale (1-0) vs. Cornell (1-0) - An underrated game, but I'd be willing to rank it higher if it was in Ithaca. Cornell on the road is not as good as Cornell at home. Eli should grab this one, or Cornell is perhaps better than I think (but given what I think of them, that's not much :p )

Alabama A&M (3-0) @ Grambling (1-1) - Big SWAC game, would be a good chance for AAMU to give their division a big win

Southern (3-0) vs. Tenn St. (2-1) - Very good chance for the SWAC to pick up some bragging rights vs. the OVC

#2 Montana (2-0) vs. Albany (1-2) - I happen to think highly of Albany's D, but Montana's a different animal. Also gives a better sense of where the Griz are right now. An interesting game, but not anywhere close to the top 3

Missouri St. (2-1) vs. C. Arkansas (1-2) - Battle of the Bears. High-flying MSU takes on tough Southland side. Bigger game for maroon bears, I think

San Diego (3-0) @ Butler (3-0) - Sorry, not very interesting at all. Butler's wins are vs. sub D-Is. If San Diego is as good as they think they are, this should be a solid win, without question

OhioHen
September 20th, 2007, 06:58 AM
I started to vote ASU-Wofford for the two Top 12s matchup, but went with UNI-Drake. This one will show us if Drake truly belongs in the Top 25 and is also important for UNI's potential at-large chances if they don't win the Gateway.

Mountain Panther
September 20th, 2007, 08:54 AM
#3 Northern Iowa (3-0) @ #24 Drake (3-0) - So, does the winner get "Iowa State Champions" shirts?

Expect the shirts to be made, but don't expect Iowa fans to honor them. xoopsx

Ronbo
September 20th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I'd like to know why NDSU/Central Michigan isn't listed?

89Hen
September 20th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I'd like to know why NDSU/Central Michigan isn't listed?
Because Central Michigan is not a I-AA.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 24th, 2007, 09:30 AM

Is Maine as bad as they seem to be?
Is UMass as good as I think they are?

Yes and yes