PDA

View Full Version : UT-Martin history question..

jajfitz
February 13th, 2022, 09:39 AM
What level, if any, did UT-M football compete in in 1992?

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 13th, 2022, 11:10 AM
What level, if any, did UT-M football compete in in 1992?

According to wiki 1992 was UT-Martin's first year in 1-AA and as a member of the OVC. Prior to that they were a D2 Independent......

jajfitz
February 13th, 2022, 11:51 AM
According to wiki 1992 was UT-Martin's first year in 1-AA and as a member of the OVC. Prior to that they were a D2 Independent......

Thanks.

jajfitz
February 13th, 2022, 11:52 AM

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Laker
February 14th, 2022, 02:03 PM
Are there any UTM fans on here? I've been trying to order a fitted baseball cap from there for years- I don't even get responses from coaches, administrators, bookstore etc. They don't show anything online like the baseball team wears. I'd like to add to my collection.

Libertine
February 14th, 2022, 03:23 PM
Are there any UTM fans on here? I've been trying to order a fitted baseball cap from there for years- I don't even get responses from coaches, administrators, bookstore etc. They don't show anything online like the baseball team wears. I'd like to add to my collection.

Laker, I'm here to help but it's going to have to be a creative solution, especially in the legal sense. The college baseball season is about to start so there should be a lot inventory on hand. This is perfect timing.

Step #1: Drive to Martin, TN.
Step #2: Procure cinder block.
Step #3: Don't park in the stadium parking lot. There's only like a dozen parking spaces and midwestern tags in the middle of semi-rural TN are a dead giveaway. Worse, people will assume you're there for softball which will make you stand out even more. Also, don't park near the T-Mobile or the Hertz rental right across the street; too many likely security cameras. I suggest you park at the Hampton Inn instead; it gives you a home base for operations and a plausible explanation for your presence.
Step #4: Measure the circumference of your head. Memorize this number.
Step #5. Under cover of night, stealthily approach any glass surface on the outward facing portion of the building and, using the cinder block, bash it in. IMPORTANT: do NOT headbutt the glass. This may alter the measurement of your head and will force you to repeat Step #4. Also, bleeding from your scalp may raise suspicions later as well as ruin the appearance of your new hat.
Step #5: Toss the place. Find perfect hat. REMEMBER: time is of the essence and you have no time to browse so it's important that you know what you want and in what size before you go in.
Step #6: Escape. Do not run directly back to your car as that's just what they'll expect you to do. Instead, move south/southeast toward and around the pond then back west. If the crop field is high, hide there until the coast is clear and head back to your car. Do not look suspicious or bloody.
Step #7: Drive to Memphis. Spend three days gratuitously living the high life there in order to establish alibi.
Step #8: Return home. Put newly acquired hat in plastic bag, stash in crawlspace beneath house.
Step #9: Wait until statute of limitations has expired before happily wearing your hat in public. If your skull has unfortunately changed size over the years, repeat steps 1-9 until you are either satisfied or incarcerated.

OhioHen
February 15th, 2022, 07:09 AM

It is almost certainly more prudent to reverse these two steps to aid in avoiding detection. After all, why does this outsider need ONE cinder block?

Libertine
February 15th, 2022, 08:50 AM
It is almost certainly more prudent to reverse these two steps to aid in avoiding detection. After all, why does this outsider need ONE cinder block?

Fair point, though I just assume that cinder blocks would simply be laying around in Martin.

dgtw
February 16th, 2022, 04:12 PM

They had been in the Gulf South Conference 1972-89. Perhaps their going independent was related to moving to FCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sycamore62
February 17th, 2022, 09:22 AM
Laker, I'm here to help but it's going to have to be a creative solution, especially in the legal sense. The college baseball season is about to start so there should be a lot inventory on hand. This is perfect timing.

Step #3: Don't park in the stadium parking lot. There's only like a dozen parking spaces and midwestern tags in the middle of semi-rural TN are a dead giveaway. Worse, people will assume you're there for softball which will make you stand out even more. Also, don't park near the T-Mobile or the Hertz rental right across the street; too many likely security cameras. I suggest you park at the Hampton Inn instead; it gives you a home base for operations and a plausible explanation for your presence.
Step #4: Measure the circumference of your head. Memorize this number.
Step #5. Under cover of night, stealthily approach any glass surface on the outward facing portion of the building and, using the cinder block, bash it in. IMPORTANT: do NOT headbutt the glass. This may alter the measurement of your head and will force you to repeat Step #4. Also, bleeding from your scalp may raise suspicions later as well as ruin the appearance of your new hat.
Step #5: Toss the place. Find perfect hat. REMEMBER: time is of the essence and you have no time to browse so it's important that you know what you want and in what size before you go in.
Step #6: Escape. Do not run directly back to your car as that's just what they'll expect you to do. Instead, move south/southeast toward and around the pond then back west. If the crop field is high, hide there until the coast is clear and head back to your car. Do not look suspicious or bloody.
Step #7: Drive to Memphis. Spend three days gratuitously living the high life there in order to establish alibi.
Step #8: Return home. Put newly acquired hat in plastic bag, stash in crawlspace beneath house.
Step #9: Wait until statute of limitations has expired before happily wearing your hat in public. If your skull has unfortunately changed size over the years, repeat steps 1-9 until you are either satisfied or incarcerated.

I recommend all cash transactions and do not bring a cell phone. if you need the cell phone, use multiple burners.

ntxgamecock
February 17th, 2022, 01:19 PM
My only UTM history knowledge is that, while in the Gulf South Conf, they were known as the “Pacers” but changed their mascot to the “Skyhawks” after leaving/moving up to D-IAA and subsequently joining the OVC. I assume they dropped Pacers to avoid any confusion with new conf foe Murray St., and I believe they chose Skyhawks because of an aviation degree program? Maybe? Not really sure.

Laker
February 17th, 2022, 01:45 PM
My only UTM history knowledge is that, while in the Gulf South Conf, they were known as the “Pacers” but changed their mascot to the “Skyhawks” after leaving/moving up to D-IAA and subsequently joining the OVC. I assume they dropped Pacers to avoid any confusion with new conf foe Murray St., and I believe they chose Skyhawks because of an aviation degree program? Maybe? Not really sure.

University of Tennessee at Martin - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Tennessee_at_Martin#Athletics)

ntxgamecock
February 17th, 2022, 04:00 PM
That makes sense too.

Libertine
February 18th, 2022, 01:52 PM
University of Tennessee at Martin - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Tennessee_at_Martin#Athletics)

xlolxxlolxxlolx "Baby Vols" xlolxxlolxxlolx

Laker
February 18th, 2022, 04:57 PM

https://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_2812000/ff_2812258_full.jpg&w=490&q=80

AmsterBison
February 21st, 2022, 12:47 PM

Man, I just had a flashback from when I was 3. I ran wild at the family farm and the highlight was me finding baby voles in the shelterbelt and bringing them into my Grandma <Irish name>'s front room so she could pet them. She was not amused.

Libertine
February 21st, 2022, 10:21 PM
Man, I just had a flashback from when I was 3. I ran wild at the family farm and the highlight was me finding baby voles in the shelterbelt and bringing them into my Grandma <Irish name>'s front room so she could pet them. She was not amused.

xlolx I don't know where this thread was originally headed but it's already taken three left turns from there.

OhioHen
February 22nd, 2022, 05:48 AM
xlolx I don't know where this thread was originally headed but it's already taken three left turns from there.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

AmsterBison
February 22nd, 2022, 09:04 AM

Here's what I have for Tennessee-Martin's history by the way: Bisonville.com - Tennessee-Martin Main Page (http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/team000195.html)

And if anybody questions why I need just one cinderblock, I'd say, "One of the cars in my front yard needs a new front wheel."

walliver
February 25th, 2022, 11:47 AM
One more left and it's back on track.

MR. CHICKEN
February 25th, 2022, 01:07 PM
One more left and it's back on track.

....NO........ONE MORE LEFT.....AN' YER GOIN'...IN CIRCLES...........BRAWK!

CockyGeek
February 28th, 2022, 01:33 PM
Fair point, though I just assume that cinder blocks would simply be laying around in Martin.

It's what's propping the stadium up.