PDA

View Full Version : consequences of sloppy play

terrierbob
September 18th, 2007, 08:49 AM
http://goupstate.com/article/20070918/NEWS/709180321/1001/sports02

OL FU
September 18th, 2007, 09:05 AM
What irked the Terriers most about their performance is the fact that they out-gained N.C. State in total yardage, 353-330, yet were never in the contest.

Man does that sound familiarxnodx

Swap Paladins for Terriers and Clemson for State and you have us.

I always look for positives in FBS games but I quit worrying about statistical wins 20 something years ago when URI came to FU with a quarterback that threw for something 500 or 600 yards against Furman, but lost the game by 40 or 50 points

CID1990
September 18th, 2007, 09:07 AM
It doesn't count, in the long run. The real season starts this week.

Even Chatty is still in contention for the conference title.

GoldandBlack
September 18th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I'm just glad to see that response from Mike Ayers- I've seen the last two games in person, and the efforts have looked the least like traditional Wofford football that I've seen in years.

These guys aren't dumb- I think his message might get through this week. xcoachx

It better- there's no more warm-up time left. The Mountaineers come to town Saturday.xchinscratchx

lizrdgizrd
September 18th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I'm just glad to see that response from Mike Ayers- I've seen the last two games in person, and the efforts have looked the least like traditional Wofford football that I've seen in years.

These guys aren't dumb- I think his message might get through this week. xcoachx

It better- there's no more warm-up time left. The Mountaineers come to town Saturday.xchinscratchx
I hope it takes one more game for the lesson to set in. xsmiley_wix

GoldandBlack
September 18th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I hope it takes one more game for the lesson to set in. xsmiley_wix

Couldn't have happened at a better time- fresh lessons work best.xsmiley_wix

Mountaineer#96
September 18th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I'll be there and after we eat at "The Beacon" you can find me in the visitor stands cheering on my 'neers.

james_lawfirm
September 18th, 2007, 07:20 PM

Gold&Black:

What do you mean re: Wofford looking the least like traditional Wofford football? From everything I had heard, granted I have yet to see them play this year, it's the same tough triple option & the same tough D.

I really did expect Wofford to surprise NC State this year, though. Please explain your earlier comment.

GoldandBlack
September 18th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Gold&Black:

What do you mean re: Wofford looking the least like traditional Wofford football? From everything I had heard, granted I have yet to see them play this year, it's the same tough triple option & the same tough D.

I really did expect Wofford to surprise NC State this year, though. Please explain your earlier comment.

100+ yards in penalties and 3 turnovers that resulted in 21 points.

Enough said.

GoldandBlack
September 18th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I'll be there and after we eat at "The Beacon" you can find me in the visitor stands cheering on my 'neers.

Get a bacon double chilicheese-A-Plenty- you shouldn't need to eat again for several days.................xthumbsupx

dungeonjoe
September 18th, 2007, 08:12 PM

after you eat at the beacon, you will be in the bathroom cheering the 'neers xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

WoCoTerrier
September 18th, 2007, 09:02 PM
after you eat at the beacon, you will be in the bathroom cheering the 'neers xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Yeah, eating at the Beacon before the game is not a good idea, you won't get to see much of the game, best to eat afterwards.xlolx

But that sloppy play isn't how Wofford normally plays, and it definitely isn't how anybody wins.

WCU LawCat
September 19th, 2007, 01:59 AM
I love me some Beacon! Double Bacon Cheeseburger the size of a paper plate and tall as the cup of tea I'm drinking.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2007, 06:43 AM
call it!

terrierbob
September 19th, 2007, 12:28 PM
I remember when it was only a "stand-up while you eat it" place. Women were not allowed, although a hippy chick I was dating in '70 went in for just the feminist hell of it (I got can't you control that girl stares from a bunch of WC KAs). John White was an icon. They used to say that they were the highest voulme single point seller of (Lipton, I think) tea in the US. Probably close for Dixie Crystals sugar, too.

GoldandBlack
September 19th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I remember when it was only a "stand-up while you eat it" place. Women were not allowed, although a hippy chick I was dating in '70 went in for just the feminist hell of it (I got can't you control that girl stares from a bunch of WC KAs). John White was an icon. They used to say that they were the highest voulme single point seller of (Lipton, I think) tea in the US. Probably close for Dixie Crystals sugar, too.

I personally miss the open cardboard box of potato chips that used to sit on each of the metal-covered stand-up tables- half the meal was free.