PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Carolina and Colgate to play in 2008

Go...gate
September 17th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Colgate will travel to play the Chanticleers on Sept. 6, 2008.

Seawolf97
September 17th, 2007, 08:59 PM
And the week before that - you visit Long Island to play Stonybrook-good stuff!xthumbsupx

CoastalFan2005
September 17th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Link, please.

Go...gate
September 17th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Link, please.

It's on the Future Schedules section of the Colgate Football page on the CU website.

chantman
September 17th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I just hope it's not scheduled for the third game of the season.

colgate13
September 17th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Nice! I like this branching out.

UNHWildCats
September 17th, 2007, 09:23 PM
is the game at FBS Buffalo off or was the date changed?

Go...gate
September 17th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I don't know, but would not be surprised if it is off. Seems like PL teams cannot get I-A games due to the "scholarship/equivalency" issue. As it presently stands, we are not counters for I-A schools.

Just double-checked and Buffalo has not been moved to a future season. Also, no sign of the game on the UB FB web page, though that page does indicate that UB has added Missouri to its 2008 schedule. Ah, well. CC was a I-AA playoff team last year, so we're certainly not watering down the difficulty of the game. Buffalo has really struggled in I-A.

aceinthehole
September 17th, 2007, 09:50 PM
It's on the Future Schedules section of the Colgate Football page on the CU website.

Monmouth in 2009 and 2010? Is CCSU not welcome anymore? xbawlingx

Go...gate
September 17th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Monmouth in 2009 and 2010? Is CCSU not welcome anymore? xbawlingx

On the contrary. It looks like our AD is changing our traditional scheduling philosophy a great deal.

TheValleyRaider
September 17th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Coastal?
Yep, Coastal

Aug. 30 at Stony Brook
Sept. 6 at Coastal Carolina
Sept. 13 FURMAN
Sept. 20 DARTMOUTH
Sept. 27 at Fordham
Oct. 4 GEORGETOWN
Oct. 11 PRINCETON
Oct. 18 at Cornell
Oct. 25 at Bucknell
Nov. 1 LAFAYETTE
Nov. 8 at Lehigh
Nov. 22 HOLY CROSS

http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/sidebar.asp?id=493&path=football

A bit disappointing not to see FBS Buffalo on there (great chance for an FCS victory lost), but a good, tough schedule. Branching out south, definately. Biddle must really be interested in those South Carolina recruits xnodx

Only traditional OOC opponent I want to see every year is Cornell. Maybe 1 other Ivy, then tough games like this. Great to see, and hopefully Coastal will make a return trip north. We have a TBD in Nov. of 2011 xnodx ;)

zilla
September 17th, 2007, 10:56 PM
I like this match-up!

Good OOC game for both schools.

You guys played for the NC back in '03, right?

TheValleyRaider
September 17th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I like this match-up!

Good OOC game for both schools.

You guys played for the NC back in '03, right?

Well, "played" is a relative term. We won our semifinal game and were supposed to play Delaware the next week. The reality, well....xbawlingx xbawlingx xwhistlex

Go...gate
September 17th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Well, "played" is a relative term. We won our semifinal game and were supposed to play Delaware the next week. The reality, well....xbawlingx xbawlingx xwhistlex

Hey, we got there and it's still very special. :)

As to future skeds, I'm still foursquare for 3-4-5 Ivy League opponents, but in a 12-game season, all of us rabid alumni can get a few of the kind of games we want! We have Princeton, Dartmouth and Cornell as well that year. Bottom line is that 2008 is a fine schedule.

blur2005
September 18th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Whenever the return game is, Colgate should try to make it as late in the season as possible so that the cold weather plays in the Raider's favor. The Chants don't have to typically deal with near-freezing temperatures in October.

TheValleyRaider
September 18th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Hey, we got there and it's still very special. :)

As to future skeds, I'm still foursquare for 3-4-5 Ivy League opponents, but in a 12-game season, all of us rabid alumni can get a few of the kind of games we want! We have Princeton, Dartmouth and Cornell as well that year. Bottom line is that 2008 is a fine schedule.

It is indeed xnodx xthumbsupx

bkrownd
September 18th, 2007, 01:09 AM
"Future schedules"?? On the web?? Great goddess, you have to treat coach to a bottle of fine burgundy at the faculty club to get access to future UMass schedules.

OL FU
September 18th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Good Movexthumbsupx

Chants, wear 'em out so they will be tired the next weekxsmiley_wix

andy7171
September 18th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Nice schedule... Hold up! Aren't you supposed to play @ Towson next year? What gives with that?

89Hen
September 18th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Sept. 13 FURMAN
xeyebrowx So Furman has Colgate and Delaware next year... that's a lot of Yankees for a good ol' suthun school. :D

TheValleyRaider
September 18th, 2007, 09:18 AM
xeyebrowx So Furman has Colgate and Delaware next year... that's a lot of Yankees for a good ol' suthun school. :D

But does Delaware really count as "Yankees"? xchinscratchx

OL FU
September 18th, 2007, 09:23 AM

Fortunately at least one of you will be making the trip down heahxthumbsupx

89Hen
September 18th, 2007, 09:24 AM
But does Delaware really count as "Yankees"? xchinscratchx
We're like Dennis Rodman... we go both ways. xeekx :p We're Southerners to real Yankees and Yankees to real Southerners. xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
September 18th, 2007, 09:34 AM
I don't know, but would not be surprised if it is off. Seems like PL teams cannot get I-A games due to the "scholarship/equivalency" issue. As it presently stands, we are not counters for I-A schools.

Just double-checked and Buffalo has not been moved to a future season. Also, no sign of the game on the UB FB web page, though that page does indicate that UB has added Missouri to its 2008 schedule. Ah, well. CC was a I-AA playoff team last year, so we're certainly not watering down the difficulty of the game. Buffalo has really struggled in I-A.
Maybe you could pay Buffalo to come to Colgate. You'll be buying a win, but that's ok. xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
September 18th, 2007, 09:36 AM
We're like Dennis Rodman... we go both ways. xeekx :p We're Southerners to real Yankees and Yankees to real Southerners. xsmiley_wix
I guess that means you don't count either way! xlolx

89Hen
September 18th, 2007, 10:42 AM
I guess that means you don't count either way! xlolx
We're Switzerland! If you've ever been to DE you'd know that we really are a state divided... New Castle County is like Philly, Baltimore and DC while Kent and Sussex Counties are like the rural South. xnodx

CID1990
September 18th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Colgate will travel to play the Chanticleers on Sept. 6, 2008.

When your bus pulls up, their campus will officially have its highest IQ average ever.

th0m
September 18th, 2007, 11:03 AM
And the smack is starting already :D

CSU Girl
September 18th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Let's go Gate! Wish you were playing us.

Go...gate
September 18th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Nice schedule... Hold up! Aren't you supposed to play @ Towson next year? What gives with that?

According to Colgate's Athletic Council new series also contracted for with UMass, along with Northeastern and Yale in future years. Sounds good!

Go...gate
September 18th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Maybe you could pay Buffalo to come to Colgate. You'll be buying a win, but that's ok. xsmiley_wix

I understand that negotiations are under way to have Notre Dame come to Hamilton, NY for a guarantee game. xlolx

Go...gate
September 18th, 2007, 01:11 PM
We need to play the Citadel again. I can tour some Civil War battlefields with Citdog and maybe meet CSUBUCDAD!!

chantman
September 18th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Let's go Gate! Wish you were playing us.

They didn't want to add a cake to the schedule. xnonox Keep talking, yours is coming Nov. 17th.xnodx

TheValleyRaider
September 18th, 2007, 02:37 PM
According to Colgate's Athletic Council new series also contracted for with UMass, along with Northeastern and Yale in future years. Sounds good!

Not surprised about UMass, the series was good for us both. 4 years is awhile though, so hopefully there's a few years break before we start up with them again. A bit of variety, you know?

Northeastern isn't surprising given we seem to play them every year in Hockey. Nice to get them on in other sports, plus the huge Alumni base in Boston.

Yale. Sweet. Top level Ivy keeps the tradition alive. Avenge the collapse of '04 xmadx

If this is true, I like it xnodx

CID1990
September 18th, 2007, 03:38 PM
They didn't want to add a cake to the schedule. xnonox Keep talking, yours is coming Nov. 17th.xnodx

They hung 14 on us. If your defense doesn't tighten up, they will hang about 35 on you.

CID1990
September 18th, 2007, 03:39 PM
We need to play the Citadel again. I can tour some Civil War battlefields with Citdog and maybe meet CSUBUCDAD!!

We used to play just about every year, didn't we?

CoastalFan2005
September 18th, 2007, 03:53 PM
When your bus pulls up, their campus will officially have its highest IQ average ever.

Do you absolutely have to put at least one smack post in every DISCUSSION thread about Coastal Carolina? xrolleyesx

CID1990
September 18th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Do you absolutely have to put at least one smack post in every DISCUSSION thread about Coastal Carolina? xrolleyesx

I just can't help myself. It's a sickness, I tell you!

walliver
September 18th, 2007, 04:00 PM
I understand that negotiations are under way to have Notre Dame come to Hamilton, NY for a guarantee game. xlolx

That would probably hurt your strength of schedule.

Go...gate
September 18th, 2007, 04:02 PM
We used to play just about every year, didn't we?

Only once - in the 1975 season opener at Hamilton. We won 16-0. We had played VMI the year before (at Lexington) and were hammered. I thionk it would be a nice matchup.

Go...gate
September 18th, 2007, 04:07 PM
That would probably hurt your strength of schedule.

Apparantly so - LaSalle would not give ND a guarantee game in Philly. Something about a game against the Little Sisters of the Poor would be better for the Explorers' schedule strength, so ND called us for a matchup. xlolx

blukeys
September 18th, 2007, 05:36 PM

You are quite correct. When I visit my brother in Massachusetts folks ask "where in Georgia do you live". Down south everyone asks me why I talk so fast.

Of course the Delaware Mason Dison line is the Big Ditch at St. George's. That separates the metro Philly-Wilmington hell from God's Country!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Tunkmaster
September 18th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Only once - in the 1975 season opener at Hamilton. We won 16-0. We had played VMI the year before (at Lexington) and were hammered. I thionk it would be a nice matchup.

Also played in 1972 in Charleston. Colgate won 28-26.

Go...gate
September 18th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Also played in 1972 in Charleston. Colgate won 28-26.

Right! Sorry about that. Another damned Senior Moment. :)

Seawolf97
September 18th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I know this sounds strange now - but Colgate actually opens their 2008 season against two Big South teams- Stonybrook and Coastal and we are on eastern Long Island!