PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross HC Chesney signs contract extension

KPSUL
February 9th, 2022, 10:22 AM
Good news for HC, the Patriot League and New England FCS football. Five year extension

Sader87
February 9th, 2022, 12:50 PM
Very good news....he'll leave for the FBS eventually but this will keep him in Wusstah for the time being.

Not a good day for the rest of the Patriot League. xdrunkyx

ngineer
February 9th, 2022, 03:39 PM
Very good news....he'll leave for the FBS eventually but this will keep him in Wusstah for the time being.

Not a good day for the rest of the Patriot League. xdrunkyx

Disagree. I think it helps the PL. His renewal should keep some pressure on those schools who want to keep up. Nothing is forever in sports, and I will be surprised if Chesney completes the next five year term. An opportunity will come along for which he will not be able to refuse, and I suspect that will be sooner than five years.

Bill
February 9th, 2022, 09:35 PM
It will most likely never be published - since HC is private - but I would love to know the $$ involved, and whether or not he has a buyout period & amount. Just would love to compare it to other conferences and/or FBS money!

FUBeAR
February 10th, 2022, 07:25 AM
It will most likely never be published - since HC is private - but I would love to know the $$ involved, and whether or not he has a buyout period & amount. Just would love to compare it to other conferences and/or FBS money!
Eventually, the actual base and bonus amounts paid to him under this contract may be available here https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/42103558

As he has not been one of the Top 5 highest compensated employees, his numbers are not currently listed…like the Mens Hoops Coach’s are…

WILLIAM CARMODY (HEAD BASKETBALL COACH (THRU 10/2019))
$268,172

That’s just the base. In the “full filing” here - https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/42103558/202121349349304472/full - you can see he was also paid a bonus of $42,228, for a total of comp of $310,400

Bill
February 10th, 2022, 08:58 AM
Thanks FUBeAR, I appreciate it. Didn't think to look there!