http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

app state receiving votes...

FCSFAN
September 16th, 2007, 03:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

app state receiving votes...xhomerx xlolx

CatFan22
September 16th, 2007, 04:12 PM
so Chadron st. should get votes on the fcs rankings?

They can't get votes but they probably should.

CopperCat
September 16th, 2007, 05:40 PM
They can't get votes but they probably should.

So let's change the rules for Chadron too.xrolleyesx

GrizDen
September 16th, 2007, 05:49 PM
The biggest reason I'm cool with FCS teams receiving votes in the Top 25 poll is that all FCS and FBS teams are Division I (although it's easy to argue there is about 3 to 4 different echelons in DI).

No DII schools should get votes in the FCS poll. Although I'm sure many of us would agree that the top 10-20 DII schools would be in the middle of the pack of FCS football.....just like many of the top 10-20 FCS schools would be in the middle of the pack in FBS (especially if given the opportunity to award 22 more scholorships).

That's a pretty convoluted post...hope I didn't confuse too many folks.

UNHWildCats
September 16th, 2007, 05:49 PM
well theres certainly a difference between allowing people to vote for App State who is a Div I team, just a different subdivision and allowing people to vote for a team from a completely different division.

GGASU
September 16th, 2007, 05:59 PM
ASU had 19 votes last week. I guess the 13 point home win wasn't enough for a lot of the voters.

UNHWildCats
September 16th, 2007, 06:02 PM
The excitement is starting to ware off.

FCS Go!
September 16th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I'm really surprised they are still getting any votes at all.

SoCon48
September 16th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Don't worry, that just might change a bit when the 1st string QB gets back.

mcveyrl
September 16th, 2007, 06:29 PM
ASU had 19 votes last week. I guess the 13 point home win wasn't enough for a lot of the voters.

If I were a voter and had ASU at, say, 25, my issue would be strength of schedule (which ASU really can't help).

For instance, in this week's AGS Poll for me, McNeese and UNH jumped over other teams that also won, because I thought their win was more impressive.

The analogy to ASU would be that a team like Alabama's win over Arkansas helps them jump over ASU.

brownbear
September 16th, 2007, 06:42 PM
App State went down in the rankings because of schedule strength. They beat an FBS team, but this week, they decided to play an FCS team. If you play FCS teams, expect to go down.

lizrdgizrd
September 17th, 2007, 02:15 PM
then why does fbs and fcs have two different rankings? if its all D1 then there should be one ranking.
That's what the AP poll does. :D

Franks Tanks
September 17th, 2007, 02:18 PM
That's what the AP poll does. :D

The AP poll should technically rank the 25 best teams in college football regardless of Division as it did in the old days. Over the years it has morphed, be necessity, into a way to seperate FBS schools as they try to meander through there ridicilious way of crowning a champion.

Franks Tanks
September 17th, 2007, 02:21 PM
then why does fbs and fcs have two different rankings? if its all D1 then there should be one ranking.

For the same reason we have "mid-major" rankings it is a way to compare against your peers. Anyway its not like any of these FCS ranking are the be all and end all, just people opinions for the most part. They matter even less since we actually crown a champ on the field.

lizrdgizrd
September 17th, 2007, 02:21 PM
The AP poll should technically rank the 25 best teams in college football regardless of Division as it did in the old days. Over the years it has morphed, be necessity, into a way to seperate FBS schools as they try to meander through there ridicilious way of crowning a champion.
Of course, the AP poll doesn't count in the BCS formula. xtwocentsx

brownbear
September 17th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Of course, the AP poll doesn't count in the BCS formula. xtwocentsx

It doesn't anymore, and that's the only reason that they are now able to do this. The BCS would never allow an FCS team to be ranked in the BCS rankings.

lizrdgizrd
September 17th, 2007, 03:48 PM
It doesn't anymore, and that's the only reason that they are now able to do this. The BCS would never allow an FCS team to be ranked in the BCS rankings.
Yep, they're afraid it would weaken their money-grubbing product. xnodx