PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'm convinced Sam Houston is good

JohnStOnge
September 16th, 2007, 03:36 PM
I had my doubts about Sam Houston due to the close win against Angelo State and the fact that it took them awhile to really put Arkansas Monticello away. But that was a very impressive game against what I think is a very good FCS team in North Dakota State. To say they could've won is kind of an understatment.

Now it'll be interesting to see what happens when they play Oklahoma State. Now I'm looking at that one as another possible win by an FCS over a BCS leaguer.

th0m
September 16th, 2007, 03:59 PM
SHSU isn't playing Baylor though. Baylor beat Texas State 34-27 this last weekend, SHSU is playing Oklahoma State next weekend.

patssle
September 16th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Not next weekend, but 2 weeks. This is our off week.

If we play OSU like we played NDSU..and our defense steps it up...we can and will beat them. Espesially after what I saw Troy do to them.

That game is going to be a circus though...with Bomar returning to Okalahoma. Even the Bison fans were yelling "Sooner reject" and boy did Bomar school them.

And thanks for recognizing you error. We kept telling you the Bearkats were better than what you saw on a 2" screen and through stats. Sometimes team fans do know what they are talking about ;)

JohnStOnge
September 16th, 2007, 05:47 PM
SHSU isn't playing Baylor though. Baylor beat Texas State 34-27 this last weekend, SHSU is playing Oklahoma State next weekend.

Yeah. I had a brain hiccup. In fact, when I looked at the schedule I thought about how bad Oklahoma State looked against Troy and starting thinking maybe Sam Houston has a chance. Then for some reason when I typed the post I typed "Baylor."

Anyway, after watching OSU on TV vs. Troy, I think the Cowboys are a team a top FCS might have a chance to beat. Their quarterback was awful...I mean awful...against Troy. Wide open receivers missed frequently...including one really easy one that would've been for a TD. And then when he did hit receivers they frequently dropped the ball.

Very sloppy. Also not real impressive on defense.

Go Bison
September 16th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I was quite impressed with Bomar. I talked with Joe Mays the starting LB for NDSU today. He said that Bomar was the best QB he has ever played against. Not only did he make great throws, great reads, but the boy has wheels! What an amazing game.

X-Factor
September 16th, 2007, 11:58 PM
quite the special kid. He didn't have a whole lot of help but he easily kept the NDSU defense on its heals the whole night.

GaSouthern
September 17th, 2007, 12:11 AM
SHSU is the real deal, it's a shame NDSU is a beast :(

At least your both ranked!

patssle
September 17th, 2007, 12:12 AM
quite the special kid. He didn't have a whole lot of help but he easily kept the NDSU defense on its heals the whole night.

No help? Somebody had to catch his passes. And he only got sacked once. Need an offensive line for that.

He ran as much as he did because our coaches watched the SFA film...where Southall ran all over ya'll too. Bomar just did it better ;)

Now the defense didn't help xmadx ..if thats what your referring to