PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Stomps the Ragincajin

FCSFAN
September 15th, 2007, 09:08 PM
38-17!!!!!!!! Way to show 'em COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

FCSFAN
September 15th, 2007, 09:23 PM
no mercy win!!!!!!!!!!

BlueHen86
September 15th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Good job McNeese!xthumbsupx

travelinman67
September 15th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Nice job, Cowboys. ULL's no slouch.xthumbsupx

AlphaSigMD
September 15th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Great Job Coyboys! Way to take it to the Cajuns!

crunifan
September 15th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Way to go McNeese!

RadMann
September 15th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Congratulations!

GeauxLions94
September 15th, 2007, 10:15 PM

You're right, ULL's no slouch. They're a tremendous slouch xlolx :p

Great job Cowboys. Where is the Middle Tennessee fan???

Retro
September 15th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I just got back from the game.. 3rd largest crowd in cajun field in last 20 years... Mcneese had about 8,000 to 10,000 fans there roughly.. Hard to tell from where i sat, but some others can relay what they saw..

Great game. Mcneese made some turnovers and mistakes early including some dropped passes and low throws, but as the sun went down and it felt more like a cowboy game game (at night) they started clicking.. Great running game, timely passing and some good returns despite losing Steven Whitehead early in the game.

I think most of the ULL fans where in shock that Mcneese tore them up like this as most really expected an easy win.. The fact is Mcneese is simply more talented and executed much better.. ULL seemed to rely too much on the QB option all night and our D-Line just shut them down when they needed to.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff312/rosintonrebel/MCNGAS.jpg?t=1189917966

McNeese_beat
September 15th, 2007, 11:49 PM

You're absolutely right. The QB/RB combo they have is outstanding. If they don't get totally discouraged by this loss, I believe they can rebound from it.

But on the other hand, I saw what I thought was a fairly talented Southern Utah team play well in Lake Charles, lose, then they got discouraged and weren't competitive down the stretch. I hope that doesn't happen to ULL.

Bearkatpresident
September 15th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Congrats!

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2007, 12:55 AM
This is one of my favorite wins by a team not named UNI. Also glad to see LSU roll it up on MTSU.

CowboyUp
September 16th, 2007, 12:59 AM
All I can say is....WOW!! McNeese played outstanding in this game. I haven't been home from the game long, but for those who weren't there, the Cowboys could have scored between 50 to 60 points in this game. An interception for a touchdown was dropped in the fourth quarter not to mention a missed field goal and some sloppy play in the first half. I will have to say that it is a crying shame that the Cowboys can't play more in state schools like this as it brings a great atmosphere as well as the people. It was great to see a crowd of 33,828 at the game. I understand it was the third largest crowd in Cajun Field history. Last time I checked, McNeese largest crowd in history was 27,500 back in the 70's and they were playing who else but USL. GO COWBOYS!!

McNeese72
September 16th, 2007, 01:06 AM
no mercy win!!!!!!!!!!

Wait a minute! We were playing a lot of subs late in the fourth quarter and did kneel on the ball deep in their territory at the end of the game. :)

Doc

CowboyUp
September 16th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Wait a minute! We were playing a lot of subs late in the fourth quarter and did kneel on the ball deep in their territory at the end of the game. :)

Doc

OH yeah I forgot about that! xsmiley_wix

CowboyUp
September 16th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Here are a few pictures from the McNeese-ULL game. Unfortunately I forgot my digital camera so I had to take these pictures with my Treo phone. I took this picture from my seat in the "nosebleed" section where there were several more sections of McNeese fans other than what you see in the picture. The attendence was 33,828.

dbackjon
September 16th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Great win!!

catamount man
September 16th, 2007, 07:22 AM
GREAT WIN MCNEESE!!!!!!!!

813Jag
September 16th, 2007, 08:07 AM

Probably still picking pieces of tiger paw out of his rear. xlolx Well he did admit his team didn't have a chance.
McNeese, Good win against USL(xlolx)! xthumbsupx

813Jag
September 16th, 2007, 08:08 AM
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff312/rosintonrebel/MCNGAS.jpg?t=1189917966
Maybe back in the Brian Mitchell days. xlolx

slostang
September 16th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Congrats on the great win.

JohnStOnge
September 16th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Congrats on the great win.

That was my #2 most probable FCS over FBS win before the season. #1 was YOUR GUYS beating Idaho. Really a shame that didn't happen.

RaiderInTheZone
September 16th, 2007, 07:01 PM

Oh, yes they are. Louisiana will likely finish in the bottom tier of the Sun Belt with us, North Texas, and either FIU or ULM.

Louisiana lost at home to Ohio last weekend and Ohio University isn't great this year either. I thought they were, but after seeing how bad they looked against an average Virginia Tech team, it's obvious the entire Mid-American Conference is lousy from top to bottom. Northern Illinois is 0-3 for the first time in eight years. Miami of Ohio blown out by Cincinnati. The MAC is awful.

It hurts even more that Louisiana led in that game only to squander the lead to a team they should've beaten, but we're finding more and more about who the good teams are in our league and the Cajuns aren't one of them--not even close.

RaiderInTheZone
September 16th, 2007, 07:15 PM

I'm still here. I posted a thread congratulating the McNeese fans. As of right now, it's all the way on Page 2 or 3.

And you are right. The Cajuns aren't very good this year. They looked decent against Ohio and even South Carolina. Ohio looked awful yesterday in a loss to an average Virginia Tech team and South Carolina still looked like the 3rd best team in the SEC East in a win over 1-AA South Carolina state.

As for McNeese and UL, it's a shame that the Cajuns could not close the deal on the most important game and least affordable game to lose for them and the league, but you have to live with it. Gonna' be a long year for most Sun Belt schools--mine, Louisiana, ULM, FIU, and North Texas are looking at long, LONG seasons.

henfan
September 16th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Way to go, Pokes! By all accounts, the typical MSU turnout for a road game as well. The attendance numbers are reason why this game should be played more frequently. The results are reason why it probably won't. Don't imagine ULL will want any part of MSU any time soon.

McTailGator
September 16th, 2007, 11:20 PM
38-17!!!!!!!! Way to show 'em COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could have been worse too.

8000 Plus McNeese fans invade Cajun Field

McNeese took a knee with 1.5 minutes left in game on ULL 12 yardline.

Cajuns had 3 time outs left but decided it was pointless.

I hate those Picks.

McTailGator
September 16th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I'm still here. I posted a thread congratulating the McNeese fans. As of right now, it's all the way on Page 2 or 3.

And you are right. The Cajuns aren't very good this year. They looked decent against Ohio and even South Carolina. Ohio looked awful yesterday in a loss to an average Virginia Tech team and South Carolina still looked like the 3rd best team in the SEC East in a win over 1-AA South Carolina state.

As for McNeese and UL, it's a shame that the Cajuns could not close the deal on the most important game and least affordable game to lose for them and the league, but you have to live with it. Gonna' be a long year for most Sun Belt schools--mine, Louisiana, ULM, FIU, and North Texas are looking at long, LONG seasons.

No such school as THE University of Louisiana. AGAINST STATE LAW. We are 3-0 vs your fellow Belchers which inlcude Lafayette and Monroe, and FIU.

McNeese is now responsible for the LARGEST SINGLE ATTENDED GAME IN SUN BELCH HISTORY.

McTailGator
September 17th, 2007, 12:08 AM
You're absolutely right. The QB/RB combo they have is outstanding. If they don't get totally discouraged by this loss, I believe they can rebound from it.

But on the other hand, I saw what I thought was a fairly talented Southern Utah team play well in Lake Charles, lose, then they got discouraged and weren't competitive down the stretch. I hope that doesn't happen to ULL.

Note:

Doc took this early in the 4th quarter. The "J" had already headed for the parking lot to jump on his lawn mower and head for home. xsmiley_wix

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/ull07gcauns.jpg

travelinman67
September 17th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Oh, yes they are. Louisiana will likely finish in the bottom tier of the Sun Belt with us, North Texas, and either FIU or ULM.

Louisiana lost at home to Ohio last weekend and Ohio University isn't great this year either. I thought they were, but after seeing how bad they looked against an average Virginia Tech team, it's obvious the entire Mid-American Conference is lousy from top to bottom. Northern Illinois is 0-3 for the first time in eight years. Miami of Ohio blown out by Cincinnati. The MAC is awful.

It hurts even more that Louisiana led in that game only to squander the lead to a team they should've beaten, but we're finding more and more about who the good teams are in our league and the Cajuns aren't one of them--not even close.

Well, I'd definitely agree about ULM (don't get me started) and FIU, although I won't throw NT under the bus yet. Dodge has a big transition yet, and taking a spanking by OU is hardly a game for measure. Gotta admit I was kinda surprised by your Louisville game, though. After the loss to FA, I didn't expect you guys to come on that strong...and a shut out to LSU isn't cause to climb out onto the window sill.
As for ULL I haven't seen any of their games yet this year Raider, what's their problem (ok, no jokes here...)? I'm really puzzled as to why their D is struggling. From what I know of the guys on the D depth (especially the line), they should be kicking azz. If you haven't figured out yet, I'm a Bustle supporter...had a chance to spend an afternoon talking shop with him about 18 months back. Absolutely one of the best attitudes I've seen in college ball. In all fairness, you can't really expect SB conf. teams to compete day in and day out with the top 25 that have budgets 3-10+ times that of the ULM's, NT's, MTSU,'s etc... As for the McNeese loss, that doesn't really surprise me as it looks as though the Cowboys have been doing their homework and are doing a great job preparing for each game.
(BTW, did you guys ever replace that tennis turf?...someone told me you had a new field?)
xcoffeex

travelinman67
September 17th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Note:

Doc took this early in the 4th quarter. The "J" had already headed for the parking lot to jump on his lawn mower and head for home. xsmiley_wix

I've been biting my tongue, but all day I've heard the echoes of the Cajun man yelling...

"Oh No! We suck again!".

xlolx xlolx

(Not...funny! xnonox Must...stop...making...Waterboy...jokes...)

McTailGator
September 17th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Their fans have the least football knowldege in the world

McTailGator
September 17th, 2007, 08:27 AM
SHOULD HAVE BEEN A COWBOY!

This was in Monday's paper in Lafayette...

"UL sophomore quarterback John Hundley, the listed backup to junior starter Michael Desormeaux, quit the Cajun squad Sunday.
Hundley was not at UL's Sunday evening practice, and Cajun coach Rickey Bustle said that Hundley had informed him of his decision earlier in the day.

"I think he was frustrated with not playing," Bustle said. "
Or maybe he was just tired of losing?

Click below to see the entire article...

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070917/SPORTS/709170326/1006

Khan4Cats
September 17th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Congrats to the Cowboys. It sure is fun to beat an in-state rival. I am sure it's even sweeter since they are former conference mates that moved on the bigger and better things.

Oh wait, they went to the Sun Belt, sorry.

FormerPokeCenter
September 17th, 2007, 11:46 AM
LOL, we're trying not to read more into it than it really is....

We have a bigger game coming up this week in Utah...