PDA

View Full Version : W.Illinois over St. Francis 69-0...

travelinman67
September 15th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I guess Patterson feels it's ok to run up the score...

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

xflaggedx

skinny_uncle
September 15th, 2007, 08:59 PM
A real nailbiter.
:D

ISUMatt
September 15th, 2007, 09:00 PM
it was 56-0 at Half, he called off the dogs lol

travelinman67
September 15th, 2007, 09:13 PM
It's the ego...he's feeling the heat so he's gonna jack up the stats for his year end review. I'm throwin the flag for unsportsmanlike...
:(

Blue42
September 15th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Somebody send in Saint Peter and Saint Paul. Francis must be getting tired.

birdsflyhigh
September 15th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Maybe the score ran up some, but it's another win for WIU...good going Necks! :)

skinny_uncle
September 15th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Maybe they should have scheduled Dixie State or Kentucky Wesleyan.
xwhistlex

poharry
September 16th, 2007, 11:35 AM
It's the ego...he's feeling the heat so he's gonna jack up the stats for his year end review. I'm throwin the flag for unsportsmanlike...
:(

IMO, this means nothing and I feel he has overstayed his welcome. maybe he opened up the playbook some like he should of did against the Illini.

Kind of embarrassing to be playing such a weak sister.

JoeNeck90
September 18th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I guess Patterson feels it's ok to run up the score...

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

xflaggedx

I knew this would come out from the one who seems to be obsessed with bashing Patterson. How could this be considered running up the score? They went through four running backs running between the tackles; the rest are red-shirts. The RB with the most carries was a 3rd string wide receiver who used to be a running back. FB's got some carries, too. One of the scores was off an int. return. They threw eleven passes. They only had one TD and two field goals in the second half. The dogs were actually called off with 12 minutes left in the second quarter and you'll be delighted to know that the defensive dogs were called off early but not by choice of the players or coaches. Poor game to schedule but it was not running up the score. I guess they should've scheduled Quincy, they are little tougher this year, but SIU beat them to it. This game is the only one on the schedule that I had a problem with but then again with U of I, the Dakotas, SFA(4 years) and no bye week made this game not look too bad.
Instead, we lost a lot on this one. Come on travelin' man, keep runnin' your d!ck shiner.

leatherneck177
September 19th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I completely agree with the previous comments posted by JoeNeck. Don't comment on the game or the score unless you look at the box. I do not think we should be playing these NAIA schools, however the rest of the Gateway and other FCS conferences around the country also play schools at these levels and crush them too.

Yes we are looking to get the program back on track, but if you look at our schedule as a whole, we have one of the most competitive schedules in the country.

skinny_uncle
September 19th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I completely agree with the previous comments posted by JoeNeck. Don't comment on the game or the score unless you look at the box. I do not think we should be playing these NAIA schools, however the rest of the Gateway and other FCS conferences around the country also play schools at these levels and crush them too.

Yes we are looking to get the program back on track, but if you look at our schedule as a whole, we have one of the most competitive schedules in the country.
Playing lower division schools usually gets you a home game you might not get otherwise. I think it is best to schedule them at the start of the season to break in your new kids late in the game and get them some on the field experience.